Gradient manicure is improved and replenished with new, original ideas, while continuing to remain a vibrant fashion trend.
The gradient on the nails using gel polish is very popular among avid fashionistas (photo examples of works can be found in the portfolio of any professional master). Thanks to the texture and properties of gel polish, gradient manicure can be done easily, quickly and accurately.
- What is gradient nail art
- The main advantages of gradient manicure
- Materials and tools for creating a gradient on nails with gel polish
- How to create gradient nail art gel polish and sponge
- Gradient on nails with gel polish and brush.
- Vertical gradient
- Horizontal gradient nail art
- Simple gradient
- Classic gradient
- Striped gradient
- Glitter Gradient
- Geometric gradient
- Air gradient
- Chaotic gradient
- French gradient
- Beverly Hills Gradient
- Gradient painted nails
- Gradient Bright Skills
- Gradient for short nails
- Color selection
- Gradient manicure gel polish “Spring-Summer”
- Gradient manicure gel varnish “Autumn-Winter”
- Gradient Nail Video
What is gradient nail art
Gradient nail art is a variation of French nail design, which implies a smooth transition of close or contrasting shades from one to another. In a gradient manicure there are always borders between shades, only unlike the French, these borders are blurred.
The gradient is distinguished by its simple execution technique, and at the same time, by its impressive effect, which in its beauty is not inferior to complex design work. It can be done in vertical, horizontal and even diagonal form. Lovers of originality use the most incredible combinations of shades.
Gradient manicure is completely self-sufficient and does not require additional decor.
For gradient nail art, it is necessary to use gel varnishes of the same texture and apply a coating of the same density. For perfect smoothing of borders, pearl varnishes are suitable. On short nails apply gel polish no more than two colors.
The main advantages of gradient manicure
The gradient on the nails with gel polish (photos of design ideas are presented below) does not require large expenditures on materials and any skills. It can easily be done by any representative of the fair sex.
Advantages of gradient manicure:
- simple execution technique;
- harmonious combination of your favorite shades (even absolutely contrasting colors can be combined);
- spectacular appearance;
- an inexpensive set of materials for performing the gradient;
- the opportunity to create a unique design.
Materials and tools for creating a gradient on nails with gel polish
The gradient on the nails with gel polish (photo of manicure can be found on the Internet) is easy enough to make.
This will require some materials:
- degreaser of nails (dehydrator / primer);
- manicure file;
- base gel;
- colored gel polishes;
- top fixer;
- nail polish remover;
- thin brush;
- sponge or sponge;
- LED or UV lamp.
In some cases, cling film may be needed.
How to create gradient nail art gel polish and sponge
A manicure with a sponge can be made light and gentle, as well as bright and rich. The shades of gel polish can be combined very different, with the help of a sponge the transition between them will look smooth and harmonious.
The result of the coating depends directly on the choice of sponge. A large-pore sponge creates a fairly blurry gradient and a transition between colors. Finely porous makes the color rich.
In order for gradient nail art to be effective and persistent, you must follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Give the nails a flat surface with a nail file.
- Degrease the nail plates with a dehydrator or primer. Degreasers are needed for more tight adhesion of the nail to the coating, which ensures the stability of the manicure for several weeks.
- Apply a base coat on the nails and dry a little in the lamp.
- Apply droplets of selected shades of gel polish to a piece of foil so that the shades slightly overlap each other.
- Shuffle varnishes in the overlap zone, forming a smooth gradient between the colors.
- Moisten the sponge in the prepared gel polish and press it to the nail plate, moving it a little with the nail.
- It is good to dry the colored coating under the lamp (if you want to apply a second coat, then proceed by analogy).
- After the color coating has completely dried, apply a top-fixer, which protects the manicure from external damage, thereby providing additional durability. The top also needs to be dried in a lamp. Next, moisten a cotton pad in nail polish remover and wipe each fingernail to remove any sticky fixative residue.
- Moisten a thin brush in nail polish remover and remove excess gel polish that has got on the skin.
Gradient on nails with gel polish and brush.
The gradient on the nails with gel polish (photos are presented below) can be done with a thin brush. A flat synthetic brush with a rounded or straight end is suitable.
- Sand the nails with a special file to give a smooth surface.
- Apply a degreaser to the nails.
- Apply the base and dry it in the lamp.
- Coat nails with a thin layer of selected shades of gel polish. One shade is applied to half the nail, the second to the second half, slightly overlapping the first shade.
- Moisten the brush in the clipper and gently brush the colored coating in the direction from the base to the end of the nail. Keep the brush as parallel as possible with the nail for smooth smoothing of the varnish. After smoothing the borders of the shades, it is good to dry the coating under the lamp.
- In a similar manner, subsequent layers of color gel polish are applied.
- Cover with a top.
Vertical gradient manicure is done quite simply if you know the basic nuances of its implementation.
They are as follows:
- for a vertical gradient, a thin and soft flat brush with a semicircular end is used;
- to get a spectacular and harmonious appearance of manicure, it is better to choose no more than two shades;
- the brush is held as parallel to the nail as possible;
- it is necessary to brush with gel polish starting from the cuticle towards the end of the nail;
- shading to do strictly along the border.
The vertical gradient is universal and suitable for almost everyone. For a working and official environment, it is better to use gentle and light colors, for everyday life or a festive event, bright, saturated shades are quite suitable.
Actual colors this year are nude tones, for example, the transition from coffee color to a shade of ivory. The trend is a rainbow vertical gradient. The vertical gradient on mirrored, chrome-plated nails and the vertical ombre glitter are considered fashionable. A vertical gradient with a moon manicure looks beautiful.
Step-by-step instructions for performing a vertical gradient manicure:
- Align the nail plates with a sanding file.
- Apply primer or dehydrator.
- Cover the nails with a base and dry in a lamp.
- Apply the lightest shade of the selected on the entire surface of the nail with a thin layer, dry.
- Then apply the same light shade to only one half of the nail.
- Cover the second half with a different shade butt with the second color.
- Blend the shades with the brush strictly at the border junction in the direction from the base to the end of the nail. Dry the color coating. If necessary, repeat the layers until the desired result is achieved. Each layer must be dried in a lamp.
- Secure with the top.
Horizontal gradient nail art
Horizontal gradient manicure is done with a sponge, sponge or brush. For a horizontal gradient, you can use 3 or more shades, which makes the design even more spectacular and attractive. You should not combine more than two colors if the nails are short, as this will visually shorten the length.
Horizontal ombre suits individuals who like to attract attention and are distinguished by their original style. This design has no age, it is suitable for both girls and older women.
The trend is a variety of shades for this design, from pastel to saturated dark colors. The most relevant nude tones that look interesting in contrast with bright color. It is also worth paying attention to berry shades.
To make horizontal gradient nail art, you must:
- Prepare nails for manicure (cuticle removal, grinding of plates, etc.).
- Degrease nails.
- Cover with base gel polish, dry it under the lamp.
- Divide the nail conditionally into as many parts as shades are used, and apply a shade to each part.
- Using a brush, gently shade the borders of the shades, moving from the base to the end of the nail (or use the option with foil and sponge).
- Dry the color coating.
- Secure with the top.
Using gel polish, the gradient on the nails can be done in the simplest way (a photo of a simple gradient can be found on the Internet), i.e. perform a transition of shades from finger to finger. Thus, you need to choose several uniform shades and cover each nail with a different color, drawing a gradient, for example, from pale blue to azure or saturated blue.
This gradient is ideal for young girls leading an active lifestyle. Actual shades are pastel. The gradient of cream, pale pink, caramel, light brown will look beautiful and discreet.
At the peak of popularity, calm tones: cream yellow, mint, pale green, lilac. Dark shades are also in fashion: wine, chocolate, deep blue, dark green.
The way to perform a simple gradient:
- It is standard to prepare nails for applying a gel coating.
- Apply base and dry.
- Cover each nail with a separate shade in any order. The main thing is that it looks harmonious. You can start with the thumb, cover it with the lightest color, and smoothly move to the little finger, which is covered with the darkest shade. You can make the gradient shades in the reverse order. Dry color coat completely under the lamp.
- Secure with the top.
Classic gradient manicure involves the use of two shades. They can be of the same color palette or contrasting. The classic gradient is most conveniently done with a sponge or sponge.
This type of manicure is universal, suitable for many images and events. There are no age restrictions either.
Actual colors – white, beige, pale pink, ivory, cream. Of the bright ones – purple, saturated pink, orange, blue, green. For the summer season, a rainbow gradient is relevant.
To make a classic gradient, you must:
- Cover the prepared nails with a base gel, dry.
- Apply selected shades of gel polish to a sponge or sponge, slightly overlapping one color with another. Press the sponge to the nail in spring movements to print gel polish. Dry each layer under a lamp.
- Cover with a top and dry.
Rolling smooth or curved lines are made to create a striped gradient. The lines are made thin, with transitions that become darker with each application.
This design is suitable for both business women and romantic girls. The actual colors for the striped gradient are bright or saturated shades in combination with light and delicate tones. For example: saturated orange turning into peach, and then creamy yellow turning into white.
Stripe gradient technique:
- It is standard to prepare nails for gel polish.
- Cover with a base.
- Apply the main color closer to the base of the nails. Dry under the lamp.
- Using a sponge, apply a contrasting shade to the ends of the nails, blending towards the center. Dry the coating.
- Contrast strips to do in parts, giving a deep color to the side of the tips. Dry well under the lamp.
- Apply top with horizontal movements, dry.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Glitter gradient manicure is simple:
- Cover the prepared nails with a base, dry it.
- Apply the main color over the entire area of the nail, also dry.
- Spangles are applied with a brush in a dense layer on the ends of the nails and smoothly shade until the middle of the nail.
- Cover with a top.
Glitter gradient is suitable for festive events, parties, romantic meetings. Shades are used that are relevant in the current season. The color of the sparkles coincides with the main color or belong to the same color palette.
This nail art is distinguished by clear lines, a contrasting transition from one figure to another. Blurry shades are not relevant here. As drawings create various geometric shapes on the gradient, which are done using ribbons, stencils, brushes. Often, such a manicure is supplemented with acrylic powder or shiny sand.
The geometric gradient uses both nude and vibrant tones. Nail art is suitable for creative young girls and women who love originality and experimentation.
Actual drawings – rhombuses, triangles, lines in various variations, zigzags.
The geometric gradient is done according to the principle of an ordinary ombre, only using stencils or ribbons. Some masters prefer to draw shapes with a brush.
The air gradient got its name because of the technique of its implementation. They make it with the help of an airbrush, a device that sprays paint with a thin layer under air pressure. Airbrush is used, as a rule, for horizontal ombre. Paint is poured into the device, the compressor is connected and the varnish is applied with a thin layer on the nail plate.
Then the color changes and is sprayed onto the ends of the nails so that a smooth stretch is formed. The color coating must be dried and coated with a top. The remnants of sprayed varnish are very easily removed from the skin, just wash your hands. The airbrush makes not only a neat and beautiful ombre, but also significantly saves time.
The airy gradient suits young girls and adult women. Shades can be used any of the relevant in the season.
This nail art means a technique in which the borders of colors can be located anywhere in the nail, and the shades change direction. The main thing is that the transition between the borders is smooth. A striking example of a chaotic gradient is the Skittles design.
This type of manicure is more suitable for bright and ambitious young girls. Manicure looks spectacular in bright colors. The coating technique is practically no different from the usual gradient. The only difference is that colored gel polishes are applied to the nail in a chaotic manner.
The French gradient looks perfect on medium-long nails. It is usually done in light pink and white, but other transparent shades can be used. White gel polish is applied to the tips of the nails, which gradually turns into a different shade closer to the base of the nail. French is suitable for work, business meetings, as well as everyday life.
Technique of execution:
- Cover the prepared nails with a pink or beige shade base, dry.
- Cover the middle part with a lighter shade and lightly blend with a sponge.
- Apply white color to the tips of the nails. Dry the colored coating under the lamp.
- Cover with a top.
Beverly Hills Gradient
The essence of this manicure is very similar to the classic jacket and to the Nude manicure. Light and pastel shades with a soft, barely noticeable transition are used. Gentle pink, beige, light brown, cream, milk and white tones are relevant.
The Beverly Hills gradient is universal, suitable for any image and event.
The technique of execution is the same as that of the French manicure:
- Coat nails with clear gel polish, dry under a lamp.
- Using a stencil, apply brown polish to the tips, dry.
- Then cover the entire surface of the nails with light beige varnish and dry under the lamp.
- Secure with the top.
Gradient painted nails
In 2021, it is fashionable to supplement gradient manicure with various paintings, which are usually done with acrylic paints and varnishes. In addition, rhinestones, sparkles, powder, etc. are used. Painting can also be done aquarium or waterfall.
The trend is geometric shapes, ornaments, floral, floral paintings, romantic notes. An approximate palette of colors: mustard, emerald, bright blue, pale pink, sky blue, azure. Will make the picture expressive gold, silver and black colors.
Gradient painting is suitable for creative, energetic people. Such a manicure is suitable for work and for holidays.
Gradient Bright Skills
Skittles candy manicure with a palette of shades of sweets – the trend of 2021. Ideal for spring and summer. To make such nail art, you need to arbitrarily apply several bright colors on the nails using a sponge. The uniqueness and effectiveness of the result is guaranteed.
Gradient Bright Skills gradient suits energetic, bright girls.
Gradient for short nails
Gradient manicure also looks good on short nails. But for this it is better to use no more than two shades, so as not to visually shorten the length of the nails. It is recommended to apply a light color in the area of the base of the nail, darker – on the tips of the nails, slightly shading the borders of the shades.
The gradient looks good on almond-shaped and oval short nails. The combination of contrasting colors looks interesting.
In 2021, pastel shades (pink, coffee, milk, etc.), sand, turquoise, mint, pale blue, cream, pale yellow are relevant for gradient manicure. Berry shades in combination with gold and silver are also in fashion. Experiment with black, saturated green and blue.
For a gradient, it is better to combine uniform shades or contrasting (black-red, white-black, yellow-blue, etc.).
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Gradient manicure gel polish “Spring-Summer”
For gradient manicure in the spring-summer period of 2021, shades are relevant:
- electric blue;
- sky blue;
- delicate green;
- muted pink;
- the whole palette of pastel colors.
Fashionable drawings to complement the gradient in the warm season: floral, floral ornaments, insects, animalistic images.
Gradient manicure gel varnish “Autumn-Winter”
In the autumn-winter period 2021 for the gradient, the following colors are considered relevant colors:
- the black;
The gradient on the nails can be made not only with one gel polish, but also complemented with fashionable decor (photos can be viewed on the website of any manicure salon): acrylic powder, usd with pearlescent, holographic effect, rhinestones, stones, silver sparkles.
Gradient Nail Video
6 ways to create a gradient: