It is possible to build up gel nails with quality at home. To do this, you need to buy materials and learn the stages of building. The Internet contains a list of required materials.
There is also a step-by-step guide for beginners, lessons with photographs, videos on how to build at home, the stages of the French and drawing drawings, existing novelties and varieties of design.
- A variety of nail extension gels
- Building Techniques
- Rules for choosing a method of nail extension
- Nails on forms: what you need
- Using tips
- Classification of nail forms
- Preparatory process
- Stages of self-building
- Tips Building Steps
- Possible mistakes
- Solid nails: technique
- Combined Design
- Art painting
- Manicure Options
- No UV lamp
- Video on the topic: Gel nail extension
A variety of nail extension gels
For nail extensions at home, there is a wide range of gels. They exist in a transparent or camouflage form, with shades of pink or beige, stained and colored.
All gels differ according to a specific build-up scheme:
- Single-phase: contain basic, modeling and protective compounds. Easy to apply on the nail. By consistency – liquid. It is better to apply to novice masters.
- Two-phase: the consistency is the most dense. When using them, 2 means are used separately – the first main layer and the second sculptural.
- Three-phase: when applied, the layers are applied in 3 stages – initial, sculptural and protective. The third of them ensures the safety of the nail for a longer time. Widely used by experienced craftsmen.
There are a lot of manufacturers of nail extension gels that can be used for independent use.
The most popular of them:
- Gel IBD. US production. Does not provoke the development of allergies, acid-free, there is no pain when drying, neutral smell. It consists of natural components, due to which the nail is protected, as well as its nutrition. There are no problems with the application. This manufacturer produces a variety of types of gels. One of them is IBD Bonder Gel: not thick, self-leveling, hardens under the lamp in 60 seconds. The structure of the nail does not deteriorate, it is able to firmly adhere to the surface, the nails do not turn yellow. Price $ 10,88. Volume 0,47 fluid ounce.
- Gel Formula Profi. American manufacturer. Among the range produced by the manufacturer, there is a gel base Formula Profi. The cost of $ 8,02. Liquid, keeps well on the nail surface. Under a UV lamp, it hardens in about 2 minutes.
- All Season Gel. US production. Among its products it is worth highlighting: Shimmer Gel from All Season. The cost of $ 16. Volume 28 gr. The composition contains silver spangles. Used as layers applied in the second or third stage. Dries in 2 minutes
- Gel Runail. Production USA. Among the products can be noted a transparent gel with an orange tint. The cost of $ 2,79. Volume 7.5 gr. Increased viscosity, dries in 1 min.
- Gel Global. US production. Among the products there are single-phase and 3-phase gels. Global gel kits (12 pcs) are also available. The cost of $ 20. There are several different colors in jars.
Gel nail extension at home will come to the rescue when it is impossible to grow your own nails.
There are several methods:
1. With tips . It is based on fixing tips with special glue. In size and form, they are produced by the most diverse. They can be white, transparent or colored. After the gluing step, the tips are filed to create the required length and shape. Then begins the stage of distribution of the gel or acrylic, which after application is polished. If necessary, you can apply a drawing on top.
The advantages of such a build-up include:
- less painstaking work than on forms;
- building takes less time;
- more suitable for people with large fingerpads;
- well suited for brittle nails.
Among the disadvantages of this method, it is worth noting:
- nails look less neat;
- tips do not allow you to create some forms;
- not subject to preloading, which makes them very thick;
- make a wider wide plate of the nail.
2. On the forms. There are 2 types: disposable from paper and from durable metal. First, the form is attached to the edge of the nail, which is free, and then covered with material. When the applied composition dries, the mold is removed and the length is formed with a file. Then the nail is ground and fixed with a tool.
Advantages of using forms:
- externally, the nails look more natural;
- it is possible to give the nail plates a variety of forms.
- the duration of the process;
- the price is much higher.
Also, nail extension methods are divided depending on the material:
1. With acrylic. This material dries quickly, so you need to develop a certain skill of working with it.
The advantages of building using acrylic are:
- strength, can last up to a month;
- look natural.
Cons of acrylic coating are:
- pungent and unpleasant odor;
- worsens the condition of the nail.
2. Gel extension. More than half the gel consists of coniferous resin. Dries only under a UV lamp.
The advantages of this building include:
- environmental friendliness of the material;
- bandwidth of air and moisture, so your own nails do not deteriorate;
- It is possible to create a variety of beautiful drawings;
- the lamp prevents the spread of fungal diseases.
Among the minuses are:
- a damaged nail cannot be adjusted.
Rules for choosing a method of nail extension
Gel nail extension at home can be done in several ways.
There are many reasons that influence the choice of a suitable method, for example, the shape of a natural nail:
- Normal – represent the amygdala. It is possible to apply any method to them.
- Springboards are characterized by a small nail plate. It is worth choosing tips. They need to be taken with a more designed arch, with a bend and not a wide area for contact.
- Nails with a flat plate. Both methods are possible.
- Nails growing down. The most suitable method using forms.
- Bitten nails. For this kind of tips will be most suitable for tips, which have a small area for connection.
Nails on forms: what you need
Performing a manicure requires the presence of some items:
- forms for building;
- Ultraviolet lamp;
- brushes for the distribution of the gel;
- a primer;
- degreasing agent;
- nail files and buffs to shape and smooth the surface of the nails;
- fixing means;
- scraper (pusher);
- disinfectant solution;
- anti-sticking agent;
- napkin-free wipes;
- cuticle softening oil.
Gel nail extension at home on nail tips requires that you have:
- a tool that softens the cuticle;
- nail file and polisher (buff) for nails;
- tip cutter;
- glue for sticking tips;
- Ultraviolet lamp;
- gel brushes;
- sticking agent;
- napkin-free wipes;
- primer (promotes better attachment of a natural nail and gel);
- nail-trap (a preparation that prepares a nail for applying a gel);
- means for removing excess fat from nails;
- cuticle oil.
Classification of nail forms
Nails can be given various forms:
- square – look good on long fingers. They have corners without rounding. They are considered the simplest to implement;
- oval – the edge of the nail reflects the cuticle. In shape they correspond to an oval and have no corners. More suitable for narrow and wide plates;
- squawal is an oval-square shape. There are decorated corners and a slightly rounded edge that does not display the cuticle area;
- almond – shaped – no corners, rounded edges from the ends more than the cuticle line;
- stylet – in the center of the edge an acute angle is formed without rounding.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Gel nail extension at home involves preparatory measures. Such preparation will allow to build up better, to avoid brittle nails, detachment and infection.
This preparation includes several stages:
- Hands are washed and treated with the product.
- Cuticles are softened with a softening agent. They usd it in all fingers. Next, the cuticle is pushed back with a scraper.
- To give the necessary shape to the nail plates.
- Nail plates are polished with abrasive files not less than 240 units. Polishing is done in the direction of nail growth. Brush removes dust. Then disinfection is carried out by special means. They exist in the form of a spray, liquid solution or napkins. Such training is sufficient for quality building.
Stages of self-building
During gel buildup, the following actions are performed:
- Hands are treated with an antiseptic.
- Cuticles and pterygium are removed (a film on the nail surface).
- Using a file, form the outer edge of the nail and remove the gloss from its surface using a buff (file in the form of a bar). The length of the nails should be at least half a inch to fix the shape.
- Brush off the dust.
- Eliminate traces of fat with a dehydrator.
- Distribute the primer – an adhesion agent.
- Distribute the initial gel layer, the thickness of which should be no more than 4/32 inch. Then dry for 3 minutes. under the lamp.
- Lock the shape. To attach a paper form you must:
- remove the middle and stick it from the inside to the area where the material will be applied;
- make an oval shape;
- a more twisted shape will make it easier to fix it;
- attach the form so that it is an extension of the nail;
- clasp a finger over the ears;
- the edge of the nail should be cylindrical in shape, corresponding in diameter and size to the nail.
For a high-quality result, it is necessary to fix the shape so that there is no space between them. Otherwise, there will be a leakage of materials, which will make a greater thickness.
The gel should be applied in a certain sequence: first 4 fingers on one hand, then 4 fingers on the other hand and at the end the thumbs.
Creating a nail from a gel. The shape and nail are divided into zones:
- cuticle area – one third of your own nail;
- the contact zone of the nail and the form is 2/3 of the nail plate, a third of the form is the stress zone. It has the greatest load;
- the rest of the form zone.
A thin layer of gel must be applied to the cuticle area. The thickness of the application of the gel becomes greater when approaching the stress zone. The place of contact must be covered with gel most abundantly. The outer edge is not created by a thick layer of gel. After gel application, drying is carried out under a lamp with UV rays.
- The sticking layer is removed with a special tool, and then the nail is filed to smooth its surface. A file is also created with a file.
- Then the camouflage gel is distributed in 2-3 layers. The layers are dried under a UV lamp.
- Surface distribution of the final coating. Hold for 5 minutes. under the lamp.
- The sticking layer is removed.
- The cuticle is moistened with oil.
Tips Building Steps
Gel nail extension using tips at home is as follows:
- Hands are treated with an antiseptic spray.
- Soften the cuticle and push it back with a pusher.
- Degrease excess fat with a degreaser.
- The outer edge of the nail plate is filed to form.
- Buff the top layer of the nail. Movements are made in one direction and are carried out until a milky-matte shade is reached.
- Remove dust with a brush.
- Remove excess fat.
- Select tips that fit the shape of the nail. It is worth observing a number of principles:
- the width of the tips should be the same as that of your own nail;
- the shape on the outside of the tips should match the internal notch of the nail;
- The plastic nail should completely cover the natural nail.
- Glue the tips to the nails. The glue is spread by brush on the inside of the tipsa over the entire surface. Tipsa leans at an angle of 45 degrees. First she is leaned against the edge of the nail, and then to the surface. Keep pressed for 10 seconds.
- Remove unwanted length with tip cutter, leaving a margin.
- The nail is filed and the border of the nail and nail tips is gradually smoothed so that the line is invisible. Natural nail does not touch. The file should be 100/80 grit. The surface of the nail should be smooth without steps.
- Remove dust with a brush and distribute the nail prep on your own nail (a tool that will prepare the nail for the distribution of the gel).
- The primer is applied before evaporation.
- Apply the gel in a thin layer and dry in a UV lamp for 2-3 minutes.
- The next layer of gel is distributed on the contacting part and dried under the lamp. For even distribution of the gel, the hands are held upside down.
- The sticky layer is removed.
- Form a shape with a file and polish with a buff. Remove dust with a brush.
- Cover your nails with a top-down agent.
- If you need to make a design.
- The cuticle is oiled.
Erroneous actions when building nails lead to the discharge of material and the appearance of pockets. These phenomena are associated with improper modeling technology or poor nail preparation.
The most common mistakes are:
- poorly removed pterygium, which leads to the appearance of pockets. Even the smallest part of it, which hit the material, leads to delamination;
- the nail is excessively sawn. This usually occurs with a large abrasive file in the transverse direction. Consequences: soreness of the nail, its thinning and delamination;
- antiseptics and degreasing agents were not used;
- excessive use of primrea, which leads to stratification;
- nails are dried in the lamp. The nails will peel off if kept too long under the lamp. The material will depart if it gets on the cuticle;
- all c-bends and arches are incorrectly adjusted and the apex is determined (the highest point of the nail). Even a slight thickening will cause detachment. It will change the correct lines of arches and C-bends. Thickening will cause irrational distribution of the tension of the nail.
Extension nails require correction at least 1 time in 4 weeks.
Gel nail extension at home can be done by different techniques.
To create a French manicure, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Determine the future length of the nail. Perform the extension procedure on tips or forms.
- Form a nail shape with a file. It depends on what the line of a smile will be.
- On the nail, apply a pink gel, dry under a UV lamp.
- Polish with a file.
- Draw a white strip with a modeling white gel on the free edge of the nail. The antennae must be symmetrical, and the transition line should be equally curved on all nails. Treat the edge of the nail with a file.
- To polish transition of colors.
- Apply a top coat of gel.
Solid nails: technique
To beautifully cover the nails with the same color, you need to fill your hand. A step-by-step instruction will help in this.
- Disinfect hands with a special tool.
- Degrease nails with a degreasing agent.
- Apply primer for better adhesion of the nail to the gel.
- Apply a transparent gel evenly on the nail.
- Dry your nails in a UV lamp for two minutes.
- Carefully paint over the nail plates with colored gel polish.
- Dry nails under ultraviolet for 2 minutes.
- Apply the next coat if a more saturated color is needed.
- Dry the second layer for 3 minutes.
- Protect nails with fixing agent.
- Remove the sticky layer using a special tool.
A beginner will need about half an hour to complete this manicure.
Combined nail design includes various colors and textures:
- the use of two or more shades;
- use of murals, prints and stickers;
- combination of different textures: matte and glossy, volumetric pattern, enamel.
Ideas of combined manicure:
- Select 2 nails with lilac varnish, and paint the rest with burgundy.
- To paint 2 nail plates in soft pink color, on which to draw an ornament with black varnish and add rhinestones. The rest is painted in burgundy.
- On 2 nails, draw a floral print in pink and white. On other nails, draw a white and pink ombre.
- On 2 nails, draw a graphic drawing in one color scheme, but differing in structure. The remaining nails are painted pink.
- Paint your nails with 3 pastel shades: pinky – yellow, nameless – pink, medium – green, index – yellow, large – pink. In this case, select a hole and the outer edge of the nail plate with a thin white strip.
Drawing drawing is carried out by means of varnishes. To do this, use brushes, needles, toothpicks. It is possible to use rhinestones, sand, foil.
To create an abstract image on the nails you will need:
- Follow the steps for nail extensions discussed above.
- At the stage of nail design: apply the silhouette of a butterfly with white gel, put down a number of dots and draw a few curved lines.
- On other nails, draw similar components. They should not repeat the pattern on the ring finger. On the little finger and thumb, draw only dots and wavy lines.
- Take the shade of the gel, which is close to the main background, and draw the leaves of the flower.
- Cover nails with fixative.
The design of flowers in the aquarium can be done by following these steps:
- Follow the steps to build nails before design.
- Coat the nail plate to the free edge with red gel.
- On the outer edge of the nail, apply the first tier of flowers with a pink gel.
- Apply a transparent gel to the nails and place under a UV lamp.
- Draw the upper tier of the petals with white gel, placing them between the petals of the lower tier. You need to draw them more clearly.
- Apply clear gel to nails and dry under a UV lamp.
e the sticky layer and paint the stamens with white paint.
- Decorate the middle of the color with stones.
- Apply the final layer on the nails.
In 2021, the following ideas for nail design will be fashionable:
- deep dark shades are in fashion: the color of Marsala, wine, cherry, dark blue, brown, purple;
- the color combinations are bright red, orange, pink and yellow;
- Pastel colors are also popular: pink, blue, beige and others;
- graphic manicure and abstract drawings remain in the trend;
- the combination of ombre technique and graphic pattern looks stylish;
- mini-landscapes on nails are popular: greens, floral motifs, etc .;
- for additional decor, you can use rhinestones, small shells, lace;
- harmoniously looks a gentle shade with the right tone of powder and rhinestones;
- stylish manicure can be done using scotch tape and various shades of varnish;
- French and moon manicures do not lose their popularity.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
No UV lamp
Gels are of two types: sensitive and not sensitive to light. Sensitives are dried only under a UV lamp. Insensitive dry out under the influence of a special activating substance, which is applied in a thin layer on the surface of the entire nail plate. There are gels that harden in water. For this, hands are lowered into cool water for 5-7 minutes.
Professional cosmetics stores will allow you to purchase all the required materials for performing gel nail extensions at home. Over time, the hand will get full and it will be easier to build.
Video on the topic: Gel nail extension
A quick way to build nail gel polish on your own:
A detailed tutorial on gel extensions for beginners: