L-Carnitine is one of the most popular dietary supplements for weight loss. In most cases, reviews about the use of the drug are positive, due to the natural composition and beneficial effect on the body.
- The effects of L-Carnitine on the body
- Indications for use
- Harm L-Carnitine contraindications
- Bioadditive release forms
- Pure 100% L-Carnitine
- L-Carnitine Tartrate
- Acetyl L-Carnitine
- Propionyl L-Carnitine
- L-Carnitine Fumarate
- How to take a diet supplement
- Liquid L-Carnitine
- L-Carnitine Capsules
- Tableted remedy
- Powder L-Carnitine
- Pure 100% L-Carnitine
- L-Carnitine Tartrate
- Daily dose of the product
- Combination with other drugs
- How to make taking supplements more effective for losing weight
- Side effects
- Which company is better to choose a supplement
- Additive Cost
- Video on the topic: how to take L-Carnitine for weight loss
The effects of L-Carnitine on the body
L-Carnitine is a component that is normally produced in the human body and regulates lipid metabolism. Today, there are several forms of release of this component, which are biological food additives and help restore component shortages.
People who eat right and do not engage in professional sports usually do not need to take an additional supplement. However, professional athletes need an additional source of L-carnitine.
The substance has a positive effect on the body and stimulates the burning of subcutaneous fat.
Additionally, the component has other properties:
- Helps to restore muscle fibers after training and helps build muscle.
- Accelerates metabolic processes, normalizes digestion, the breakdown of the most important components from food.
- It normalizes the psycho-emotional state, eliminates irritability and insomnia associated with a strict diet.
- Regulates the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood, which prevents its deposition on the walls of blood vessels and the formation of cholesterol plaques.
- Improves memory and attention. Mental activity becomes more pronounced, all thought processes are faster.
- Reduces the amount of lactic acid in the muscles, which reduces soreness after training.
- Eliminates chronic fatigue syndrome, which allows a person to exercise more efficiently, but not overwork.
It is worth noting that the substance breaks down not only deferred fats, but also those that come with food. This eliminates the possibility of repeated weight gain, but only subject to the rules of a healthy diet.
Indications for use
L-Carnitine for weight loss, reviews of which are mostly positive, is used according to strict indications. Most often it is used by professional athletes to dry the body and build muscle.
It is allowed to use the drug to patients who suffer from any metabolic disorders, and also quickly get tired during classes, which does not allow to obtain the desired result. In addition, the product is not prohibited by the anti-doping commission, so it is officially allowed to use during the competition.
If excess weight is the result of metabolic disorders or hormonal drugs, the tool will help to adjust body weight. With obesity of varying severity, a dietary supplement allows you to start metabolic processes and prevent further weight gain.
Medical indications for using the supplement include a recovery period after injuries, stunted growth, and intense physical exertion.
Harm L-Carnitine contraindications
When used correctly, a biologically active supplement does not harm the human body, since it is a natural product. However, do not use it constantly. This can lead to the cessation of component production in the body and the development of severe obesity.
L-Carnitine should not be used during pregnancy and lactation, with hormonal disorders. The supplement is contraindicated in the diagnosis of cancer, diabetes mellitus, disorders in which the human immune system is suppressed, for example, with HIV infection.
Contraindications include the following:
- Severe heart failure.
- Recovery period after ischemic stroke or myocardial infarction.
- Dyspeptic disorders.
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum with the threat of perforation of the organ wall.
- Epilepsy with frequent seizures.
- Severe pathology of the kidneys and liver.
- Pain in the stomach of unspecified origin.
- Thyroid disease.
- Allergy to a component.
In case of violation of the recommendations, the appearance of headache, dizziness and sleep disturbance is noted. However, such disorders are rare. Sometimes patients develop allergy symptoms, manifested in the form of a rash, peeling and irritation of the skin. Often there is severe itching of the skin.
It is worth remembering that, subject to all the rules, negative reactions occur in exceptional cases.
Bioadditive release forms
L-Carnitine for weight loss (it is better to study the reviews about the drug before use) is available in several forms, which allows everyone to choose the most suitable option for themselves.
Pure 100% L-Carnitine
Typically, such a product is available in the form of a powder, which must be taken orally before intense loads. The package can be from 100 g or more, depending on the manufacturer.
The product has a bitter taste and smell, it is well soluble in water.
Usually the product is used by athletes, but it is not prohibited for use by people who want to adjust body weight.
A special product, which is 70% represented by the salt of levocarnitine, and 30% by tartaric acid.
Experts note that this product does not contribute to fat burning , but has a beneficial effect on muscle fibers, prevents their damage, and also relieves fatigue after intense training.
The tool is intended for professional athletes and patients who wish to build muscle. Available in the form of capsules and powder for oral administration.
Capsules for oral administration, which contain components similar to natural L-Carnitine. Stimulate metabolic processes, improve brain activity and reduce fatigue after training.
Usually the product is not used for weight loss, it is taken by athletes. However, if necessary, it is allowed to use it in combination with training. An additional property of the product is the ability to remove toxic substances from the body.
Capsules, tablets and powder for oral administration. It is a type of natural substance, but additionally contains glycine. The component has a beneficial effect on the psycho-emotional state, improves sleep, relieves nervous tension, which often interferes with the normalization of metabolic processes.
Additionally, the tool increases endurance and improves muscle condition, preventing their damage.
L-Carnitine in this form is usually available in capsule form for oral administration as well as liquid. Used to lose weight and restore muscle fibers. Reviews of many people confirm that the drug speeds up metabolism, stimulates fat burning and improves performance.
The tool is not used for serious violations of the liver and kidneys.
How to take a diet supplement
Depending on the form of the product, it is necessary to take it correctly in order to ensure the maximum effect after a short period of time.
Typically, the product has a pleasant taste and aroma, so it can be consumed in its purest form. Some people prefer to add the product to water. For 1 serving, you need 8,45 fluid ounce of clean, better filtered, water.
The daily dosage should be divided into 3-4 doses, it is necessary to take it 20-30 minutes before training. Drinking water will help to avoid dehydration during cardio workouts, when it is not recommended to take fluids.
Capsules are usually easier to take, so many choose this form.
They must be consumed 40 minutes before class, drinking plenty of water.
The daily rate may vary, depending on the weight of the person and the amount of active component in the composition of 1 capsule.
Tablets are taken in the same way as capsules, that is, inside and washed down with a sufficient amount of water. The daily rate is calculated individually, it also depends on the dosage of the active component in the tablet. It is worth noting that the tablets dissolve faster, so you can use them 30 minutes before training.
The powder is usually more concentrated than other forms of release. The dosage should be calculated correctly, taken 20-30 minutes before training. The best way to consume is to dissolve the right amount of powder in 5,07 fluid ounce of pure water. The product has a bitter taste, which may be invisible.
Pure 100% L-Carnitine
The powder is concentrated and must be dissolved in 3,38 fluid ounce of pure water before use. It is better to take it 15 minutes before the load, which will increase the effectiveness of the training. It is not recommended to use the powder without prior dilution.
This type of product should be used in the same way as the usual form of the supplement, that is, 20-30 minutes before training. The daily dosage can be divided into 2-3 doses. If the product is in the form of capsules, it is taken orally and washed down with water; if it is in the form of a powder, it must first be dissolved in water.
Capsules should be taken orally 30 minutes before exercise, washed down with plenty of water. The daily rate differs depending on the manufacturer, so it is better to divide it by 2-3 times. But this does not mean that after each reception it is necessary to play sports.
This type of supplement also contains glycine, so it is better to use it in the evening, as after a workout a mild sedative effect is noted. Depending on the form of the additive, take it according to the standard scheme, i.e. inside. Better choose propionyl liquid.
This type of remedy is allowed to be used regardless of the time of day or training. In addition, there is no fundamental difference in consumption before or after a meal. Take the capsules by mouth, drink plenty of fluids. The daily dosage is divided into 3-4 doses.
Daily dose of the product
The daily rate of the drug depends on the age and weight of the patient, his physical preparation. Take into account the diet, as well as activity throughout the day, the intensity of training.
The average norm of each form of the product:
- Liquid L-Carnitine is usually taken at 1,01 fluid ounce per day.
- The number of tablets ranges from 2-6 pieces.
- Capsules should be taken in 1-4 pieces.
- The daily dosage of the powder is 1-4.5 g.
Do not exceed the dosage so as not to provoke complications.
Combination with other drugs
L-Carnitine for weight loss (reviews can be studied to understand the effect of the drug) can be combined with some other means to achieve more pronounced results.
It is noted that the product is better absorbed with the additional intake of B vitamins and ascorbic acid.
If a person consumes glucocorticoids, it is better to reduce the dosage of L-Carnitine, since such medications enhance its natural production in the body. It is worth remembering that the substance significantly enhances the effect of lipoic acid and anabolics, which are used by athletes to build muscle.
How to make taking supplements more effective for losing weight
- To enhance the action of the dietary supplement, it is worth consuming a sufficient amount of pure water. Determining the right amount for a particular person is simple. At 2 pounds of body weight should be at least 1,01 fluid ounce of fluid.
- It is important to adjust the diet, include vegetables, fruits and protein foods. This is especially necessary for those who want to not only reduce weight, but also build muscle. People who just want to strengthen their muscles and lose weight need to include cardio workouts in their training program along with taking the supplement.
- You can also focus on cardio exercises, as well as perform them on an empty stomach in the morning. This will avoid muscle buildup, but will contribute to weight loss.
With proper use of the supplement, side effects are extremely rare.
The main complications:
- Sleep disorders.
- Increased appetite.
- Skin rash and itching.
- Nervous Disorders.
- Pain in the stomach.
- Constipation or loose stools.
In addition, some note the lack of effect of taking a dietary supplement. This is observed with violation of instructions and low physical activity.
Which company is better to choose a supplement
Today, on the official websites of sports nutrition and special stores, you can buy a supplement from various manufacturers. The choice depends on the goal that the person pursues at the beginning of the reception.
Most popular remedies:
- UNS L-Carnitine 264,2 gallon-carnitine is a tablet-based preparation that consists of 100% of the substance. Differs in high quality and democratic cost.
Biotech L-Carnitine 100000 Li
quid – L-Carnitine in liquid form, which additionally contains green tea extract. The product has a pleasant taste and is considered quite effective in combination with proper nutrition, diet correction.
- Extrifit Carni 120000 is a liquid form of the product with a pleasant taste and concentrated composition. Often used by professional athletes and amateurs.
- Power Pro Carnitine 5000 – L-Carnitine in combination with vitamins and amino acids. It not only has the ability to stimulate fat burning, but also helps to improve the general condition of a person.
Any of the funds can be used after consulting a specialist. It is better not to calculate the dosage yourself, since complications may develop.
In different stores, the cost of the supplement may vary, depending on the dosage of the main component and the form of release.
The average price of the product is $ 12 – $ 14. per 0,85 fluid ounce of liquid or 20 capsules, tablets. The price of the powder is slightly higher and is approximately $ 34. per 100 g of product.
L-Carnitine is one of the popular means for losing weight and building muscle. Used by professional athletes and beginners who wish to correct the figure.
Most people’s reviews are positive, which proves the effectiveness and relative safety of the product, provided that it is used correctly.
Video on the topic: how to take L-Carnitine for weight loss
L-Carnitine for weight loss: how to take: