Laundry soap, as a multifunctional household product, is actively used not only for hygienic purposes. It can be a component of a recipe for improving skin and hair in home cosmetology, cosmetic procedures, and preventive measures.
Laundry soap has unique properties – due to its high alkali content, it perfectly cleans and bleaches. Soap has a strong antimicrobial, antifungal, healing effect. It treats some skin lesions: light burns, scratches, abrasions, fungal infections. Accelerates the healing of cuts, wounds.
The antiseptic qualities of soap are also proven. Once used as a “surgical glove.” They washed their hands. They were waiting for it to dry. The resulting film reduced the risk of infection during surgery. Because such a soap coating has a disinfecting effect.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
- Description of laundry soap
- What is laundry soap made from
- How to make laundry soap
- Laundry soap storage
- What laundry soap to choose
- Properties of laundry soap
- Bactericidal, healing
- Recipes with laundry soap
- Soap solution
- Hair ligh tening
- The remedy for dried curls
- How to eliminate dandruff
- Mask for oily scalp
- Oily hair shampoo
- From hair loss
- Care after painting
- Video about the benefits of laundry soap
Description of laundry soap
Laundry soap is completely hypoallergenic. It is an environmentally friendly product. For its manufacture, natural vegetable, animal, and fats are used. Artificial fatty acids are administered. The composition does not contain preservatives, dyes, perfumes. Detergent is safe for children, animals. It does not act destructively on the surface or fabric.
But, despite its positive characteristics, it is worth noting the negative aspects. Detergent contains a large amount of acid, which can cause an allergic reaction in people with sensitive skin.
It is necessary to choose household soap very carefully, because unscrupulous manufacturers add chemical impurities to the original formulation that irritate the skin.
A soap product is not able to get rid of the smell of acetone and gasoline. Classic household soap is a solid substance with a characteristic soapy odor. Usually it has the shape of a bar on which the inscription is pressed. The numbers indicate how many percent of fatty acids are in the soap.
Its color ranges from light beige to deep brown. The darker the color of the piece, the less it was cleaned. Such a bar has a more unpleasant odor. The sources indicate two versions of the origin of laundry soap. In fact, both of them are considered correct. The French version is later and improved.
For the first time, a soap product similar to the modern one appeared around BC in 2800. It was made in ancient Sumer, Babylon. Also used in Rome, Egypt. Clay tablets preserved the production technology. They were discovered in Mesopotamia.
The word “soap” denoting a detergent was named after the Sapo hill of the same name, as the tablets say. The mountain was used to sacrifice animals to the gods. They were burned at the stake. The remains were mixed with the resulting ash. The mass was washed away by rains on the slopes of the Tiber. There, people washed clothes.
Some local residents noticed that clothes were washed much better in this place. So the recipe was invented. Laundry soap (hair detergent for the first time began to be made in Marseille) is called differently Marseille. Soap production was founded on the territory of Provence in the Middle Ages.
The main components of the soap base were salt and olive oil. For the first time, the city officially officially producing soap on an industrial scale was the French Marseille of the 16th century. Louis XIV issued a decree in 1688. The monarch forbade the use of animal fats for the production of soap. The soap factory was supposed to use only olive oil.
The owner who violated the law was punished very severely. His factory was closed, and the guilty one was expelled from Provence. During the French Revolution, the Marseille soap became widespread. It seriously competed with the English and Parisian soap remedies at that time. For the first recipe, palm oil was taken, and the second from peanut.
Soon Marcel began to receive the same and various other oils. And the town’s soap factories began to come up with new recipes for the production of a hygiene product. On the territory of the 1980-s, brown soap having an imprint of 72% was first made in the 30s. The recipe was taken by Michel Eugene Chevrelier – a French organic chemist.
The original instruction included 2 types of fat. The formulation was improved. The new formula contains 3 ingredients, alkali, gelatin. Soap 2 categories – 64% released in 50 years.
What is laundry soap made from
The composition of the product contains the following ingredients:
Animal fats . Use beef, pork, lamb or fish oil, which is not suitable for food. All such components are pre-treated, cleaned, bleached, deodorized. Sometimes manufacturers put palm, sunflower, palm kernel oil.
- Fatty acids . Synthetic fat substitutes (FFAs) are often added to the recipe. For example, lauric, linoleic, stearic. They give soap hardness. Force to soak in cold water. Enhance foaming properties. Their number: 64-65% – 70-72%.
- Kaolin (white porcelain clay) . Most of it is contained in soap, which has a mark of 72%. This substance softens the adverse effects of all alkalis. Attention! If this component is not present in the composition, then you should not wash your hair and body with this product.
- Alkali (soda) . One of the main components of a detergent. It acts most aggressively on curls. But it contains no more than 0.2% in the bar.
- The water is fresh . The liquid is added during the production of any soap.
- Sodium . It is necessary to remove stains from tissues.
- Salomas . A food component used in the production of margarine. The technical analogue is put in a soap base.
- Rosin . Sometimes a substance is added to improve dissolution, foaming in ice water and increase the shelf life of the product.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to make laundry soap
The manufacturing process is carried out in several stages:
- Fats and alkalis are laid in containers for cooking. Everything is mixed. Boil it. The temperature of the mass during the process is quite high – 110 – 120 °.
- As a result, they get soap glue. Its composition contains 40 – 70% fatty acids. The substance is poured into forms, cooled. So do laundry soap.
- If necessary, the mixture is additionally treated with saline solutions (electrolytes).
- Stratification of the mass occurs. The upper part is taken to make sound soap, and the lower layer is used to prepare an insecticidal detergent.
Laundry soap storage
If solid soap is purchased in stock, the packaging is not removed from it, whether it is paper or cellophane. Unpacked bars are wrapped with paper. Each separately.
The soap is kept in a dry, well-ventilated area at t – 0 ° – + 20 °. Permissible humidity – 75%. Shelf life – 5 years (60 months). The product can not be left in the cold, heat, in an excessively damp room. It loses its qualities.
What laundry soap to choose
Leading companies make soap in accordance with GOST 30266-95.
It is classified into 3 types:
|Category||Amount of substances|
The numbers are higher, the more fatty acids are present. Soap means include many alkalis. Its pH level is 11 – 12 units. A solid bar is a real laundry soap. The quality is considered the best.
But today, the industry produces all kinds of analogues:
Liquid . It is packaged in bottles. Looks like a dishwashing detergent. Its shade is similar to the original. Manufacturers claim that such a soap perfectly washes clothes and launders dishes. But its composition contains many chemicals, surfactants, perfumes.
- Laundry soap is a children’s remedy . It has a softer texture, not such a pungent odor. They wash the clothes of the kids. But for hair, the product is definitely not suitable.
- White soap . Its recipe contains white. The lighter the shade, the higher the presence of sodium hydroxide. They should not wash dishes or use for hygienic purposes. The product perfectly cleanses and cleans stains.
- Powder soap . Usually it does not have any additives. It is simply turned into yellow small granules. Each hostess can make such a tool with a grater with her own hand. Soap shavings are recommended for washing machines.
- In the form of ointment, this soap is also produced by the industry.
Such a soap product is presented in a wide range on store shelves. But still the traditional lump soap remains the best.
Properties of laundry soap
Brownish-yellow bar is a completely natural, effective product. It is used in the washing of children’s things, for cleaning rooms, as well as cosmetic procedures.
Laundry soap (a detergent is used for hair to soften, increase the density, eliminate dandruff) is a very effective product. The tool is especially useful if the skin and hair are oily. It is used to cleanse the scalp as a scrub, peeling, mixing with one of the ingredients: salt, soda, calcium chloride.
It is added to various hair masks. For example, yeast, protein, oat mixes. Soap is treated after shaving, depilation. It perfectly removes irritation, has a calming effect.
Laundry soap is an excellent competitor to well-known cosmetic products. It excellently destroys various types of bacteria. With a soap solution, hygiene items, such as hairbrushes, are treated.
Laundry soap is useful to wash. It also has the ability to effectively get rid of pappilom. It is only necessary to handle them problem areas several times.
If the lesions turn red or discomfort is felt, you should immediately stop the procedure and consult a dermatologist.
Soap cleanses purulent wounds on the head, prevents inflammation, cures gangrene in the initial stage. It treats fungal diseases of the scalp.
Laundry soap made from natural ingredients. Therefore, it is considered harmless. The tool is used for children. It can be used by people who are allergic to other chemical detergents.
Soap can be used as a prophylactic against various bacteria and viruses.
There are some limitations to using laundry soap:
- First of all, it is an individual intolerance.
- People with delicate, dry, thin skin should use the product with extreme caution. Alkali adversely affects the skin, drains them.
- Laundry soap (it is forbidden to use soap for hair if it is painted with artificial dyes) is strictly not recommended for colored curls.
- Due to chemical paints, alkaline balance is disturbed. Healthy fats are washed out of the hairline. Hair becomes dry, thin, brittle.
- To use soap, it is best to dye the strands with natural dyes. Henna, onion peel, basma, and other similar remedies will do.
- Dermatologists do not recommend washing with a soap every day, because it reduces the body’s immunity.
A quality bar has a glossy surface. The dark brown piece has a more unpleasant odor, its washing properties are much lower. Pregnant women should use soap rarely.
Recipes with laundry soap
Laundry soap is a fairly effective tool for hair care, judging by the numerous reviews of women.
Nevertheless, in order for it to benefit, certain rules for the use of detergent must be observed:
- You should not get carried away with too much laundry soap. It is enough to wash their hair 2 to 3 times / month.
- On curls, it is necessary to apply a prepared solution from soap in advance. It is not recommended to process the strands directly with a piece.
- Those who decide to use a detergent, constantly replacing them with shampoos should take care of protecting their hair.
- After using the soap, rinse the curls with acidified water ( 0,3 gallon) with the addition of apple cider vinegar (1 large tablespoons 9%) or lemon juice (1 fruit). The solution neutralizes the harmful effects of alkali.
- Various infusions of herbs have excellent healing effect on curls. You can use chamomile, sage, succession.
- Laundry soap (for hair it is unfavorable to have detergent residues on the strands) should be thoroughly washed off under high pressure. It dries the scalp.
- ? grate a part of the bar;
- lather mass in 0,3 gallon. very warm water;
- wash your hair with a soapy mixture;
- rinse the curls with an acid solution.
- prepare a solution of soap.
- add one or more components to it. You can take cream, eggs. Use milk, honey, vegetable oil.
- treat the strands with the prepared compound 3-4 times / month.
- wash your hair with shampoo to remove dirt;
- distribute the soap solution on the hair;
- massage for 2 – 3 minutes, rinse;
- rinse the strands with chamomile broth or water with the addition of lemon juice to enhance the effect;
- after the procedure, treat the curls with balsam or apply a nourishing mask.
The effect will not be visible immediately.
It is necessary to do several sessions, but not more than 1 time in 7 days.
The remedy for dried curls
- wash hair with a soap solution;
- then wash with baby shampoo;
- make a nettle infusion. They rinse the strands;
- dry curls without a hairdryer;
- number of procedures – 4 – 6 sessions.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to eliminate dandruff
Many women face a similar problem.
- violation of the pH level;
- malfunctioning of the sebaceous glands.
Laundry soap copes well with such tasks. Fats are well soluble in alkalis. The sebum of the skin is reduced.
Soap solution must be combined with a dry, solid bar to enhance the effect:
- pour grated soap into the hair cap;
- put it on your hair, keep it all night;
- rinse with warm water in the morning;
- you need to tie a woolen scarf on top to enhance the action.
Also added to the soap:
- rye, oatmeal.
One of the named components is put in soapy crumb, a small amount of oil (almond or peach) is poured. The mass is rubbed into the roots, kept for 30 minutes, washed off. After the manipulation, the conditioner is applied.
Mask for oily scalp
- soap shavings – 1 tablespoon;
- vegetable oil, castor oil, almond oil – the same amount. Also use jojoba.
- kefir – 1,35 fluid ounce
How to do:
- mix all the components;
- warm the mixture over a water bath;
- distribute the mass along the entire length of the strands;
- put a plastic hat on your head;
- over it wrap a warm scarf;
- keep 30 min .;
- rinse off the mask, rinse the curls well with water.
Oily hair shampoo
The product has a drying effect:
- soap shavings – 10 g;
- white clay (powder) – 1 teaspoons;
- starch – 5 g.
- all ingredients are mixed.
- the dry mixture is evenly distributed on the basal zones.
- after 5 min, the residues are removed.
After application, the hair takes a well-groomed appearance, it is easy to style for 2 days.
From hair loss
- soap solution, castor oil or jojoba oil – 0,34 fluid ounce each;
- cognac – 20 g;
- yolks – 3 pcs.
The implementation of the procedure:
- whisk the ingredients.
- the mass is distributed along the basal surface;
- they put a plastic cap on their heads and wrap them in a terry towel. Leave for 8 to 12 hours.
- wash your hair thoroughly in the morning.
- grapefruit juice – 1 tablespoon;
- cinnamon – 5 g;
- soap solution – 0,51 fluid ounce.
- beat the mixture with a whisk;
- apply to basal areas;
- cover the head with a film;
- rinse off after half an hour;
- leave to dry naturally.
Care after painting
Stylists recommend using laundry soap to remove hair dye. It does not harm curls, but acts no worse than chemical compounds. To wash off the black shade, it is necessary to soap the head 3-4 times. Hold the foam for 1 – 2 minutes. Then rinse hair with a generous stream of water. Apply balm.
Laundry soap – an old proven tool. If you use it carefully, strictly following all the recommendations, it will bring invaluable benefits to your hair.
Video about the benefits of laundry soap
For need laundry soap: