Beautiful and well-made arrows on the eyes perfectly complement any image. They can be narrow, wide, double, with the effect of cat’s eyes. It is noticed that with the help of arrows you can adjust the shape of the eyes, make them larger or smaller. Step-by-step photos will help you master the technique of drawing arrows with eyeliner.
- Liquid Eyeliner Arrow Technique
- The technique of drawing arrows with a felt-tip pen
- How to draw arrows
- Classic thin arrows
- How to draw wide arrows
- How to draw double arrows
- With cat’s eye effect
- Arrows for visual enlargement of the eyes
- Arrows for eyes of various shapes
- Rules for the execution of arrows in front of eyes with eyelids down
- Expressive arrows for deep-set eyes
- Arrows for wide-set eyes
- Arrows for the amygdala
- Arrows for asian eyes
- How to draw arrows in the eyes with the corners down
- Round eye arrows
- Guidelines for choosing the color of the arrows
- Tips for a beginner: how to draw straight arrows
- What you need for shooter eyeliner
- Life hacks when drawing arrows with eyeliner
- Video: How to draw arrows on the eyes
Liquid Eyeliner Arrow Technique
The arrows in front of the eyes (step by step photo (eyeliner) represents the process) are not easy to make perfect the first or second time. But if you can learn how to draw arrows with a pencil after a couple of exercises, then drawing arrows with eyeliner requires even more time and patience.
To facilitate the process and draw beautiful smooth arrows, they act in accordance with the rules:
- Good lighting needed. This makes it easier to control the evenness of the arrow.
- You cannot close your eyes, you should always look carefully in the mirror so that the arrow does not deform from the movement of the eyelids.
- To begin with, draw arrows with a pencil in a lighter shade. This will avoid unnecessary errors and corrections. The pencil can be easily erased.
- It is better to choose a thin brush or an oblique cut, which allows you to make a sharper angle.
- It is necessary to start the arrow from the middle of the century, smoothly moving to the inside of the eye.
- You can pull the eyelid to make it easier to draw a straight line.
- It is necessary to divide the eyelid visually into small parts and draw them, because it is much easier not to make a mistake in the process and draw a straight arrow.
- To prevent the arrows from erasing as long as possible, you must first apply shadows, powder or concealer on the eyelid.
- The arrow should pass very close to the eyelash growth line.
Before you draw arrows on the eyelid before an important event, it is recommended to exercise in a calm environment, taking into account the rules and secrets of application.
The technique of drawing arrows with a felt-tip pen
The arrows in front of the eyes (photo step by step) are easier to draw with a felt-tip pen because of the features of the product, therefore, liner is recommended for beginners.
You need to know some rules:
- To give naturalness, it is necessary to circle the upper eyelid along the line of eyelash growth and not to make the tail of the arrow too long.
- For daytime makeup, the arrow should be made less pronounced and striking.
- If the upper eyelid is large, you can visually reduce it. To do this, it is worth performing the upper and lower eyeliner. It is better to make the upper one black, and the lower one dark blue. The arrow should be thicker towards the middle, and thinner towards the corner. Makeup is complemented by shadows.
- For a flashy and spectacular make-up use the technique of a feathery arrow. First, it is drawn with a soft pencil, and a marker line is drawn on top.
- Fashionable and easy way – smokey ice. The eyes are completely encircled with a felt-tip pen, and dark shadows are applied on top. The inner corner of the eye is stained with lighter shadows.
How to draw arrows
Classic thin arrows
To draw classic arrows, you need to follow the following instructions:
- A thin line is drawn from the corner of the eye with eyeliner along the growth of the eyelashes.
- Then a neat corner is drawn and connected to the main contour.
- A small space between the eyelashes and the line is painted with a pencil.
- Arrows drawn with eyeliner can be complemented with light makeup using shadows.
- The intermuscular space on the upper eyelid is stained with a black waterproof pencil. Eyelashes are additionally stained with mascara.
How to draw wide arrows
Some girls find it easier to draw wide arrows.
The execution technique is as follows:
- First you need to prepare the surface of the eyes. Eyelids are dusting.
- The arrows are applied with eyeliner on the powder eyelid: a line is drawn from the corner to the folds of the upper eyelid. It should be parallel to the eyebrow.
- The line is visually divided into 4 equal parts. In the second part, another line is drawn to the tip and a corner is made. An arrow is also executed from the inner corner of the eye.
- All empty space is painted over.
How to draw double arrows
For such arrows, you need a little more cosmetics:
- black gel eyeliner,
- beveled brush
- eyeliner of a different color,
- another brush.
First, the eyelid is prepared. The foundation covers the eyelids and circles under the eyes. Powder of the desired shade is applied to the tone layer.
Additionally eyebrows and cheeks are made out. Over the eyelids, it is also necessary to apply a primer and again powder.
The arrows on the eyes with colored eyeliner are drawn half or 1/3 century. The arrow itself should be wide.
The tail is made sharp and oblong. From the inner corner to the outer, it expands. The unpainted distance between the eyelashes and the colored arrow is filled with a black eyeliner line.
If this is not enough, you can work out the lines with a pencil. The whole sequence of actions is presented in step-by-step photos.
With cat’s eye effect
Makeup begins with shadows. Black and dark blue shades are chosen. The emphasis is on the corners of the eyes. The brush should always be clean, so every time you change colors, it is washed with warm water, otherwise the makeup will look messy.
The arrow is drawn with eyeliner from the inner corner of the eye to the outer and slightly beyond. Departure should be no more than 6/32 inch. After that, mascara is applied. This type of arrow gives great expressiveness to the eyes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Arrows for visual enlargement of the eyes
To increase the volume of the eyes, you must resort to the use of colored arrows . At the same time, do not darken your eyes too much, you should choose makeup in bright colors. For this, gray, silver, blue, gold, blue colors are suitable. You can use black, but you should not abuse it.
Of all the types of arrows, classic ones are best suited, drawn along the entire length of the eyelid or its middle. And eyes and corners should be made up with shades of light tones. The arrows also should not be too thick, this will make the eyes only even smaller.
Arrows for eyes of various shapes
Rules for the execution of arrows in front of eyes with eyelids down
Drawing arrows for the eyes with overhanging eyelids is not an easy task. This is especially difficult to do with liquid eyeliner. Therefore, to create the perfect make-up, you should resort to using an eyeliner or eyebrow.
- First, a fairly thin line is drawn with a pencil along the line of eyelash growth, from the inner corner of the eye to the outer. You do not need to go outside the corners.
- After that, it is necessary to open your eyes in front of the mirror and outline the departure of the arrow right along the overhanging eyelid.
- Then the eye is closed again and the lines are connected, aligning them. Thanks to this technique, the arrow will look good with both eyes closed and open.
- And already on top of the arrow drawn in pencil, a line is drawn eyeliner. Irregularities can be removed with concealer.
Expressive arrows for deep-set eyes
For deep-set eyes, the use of too dark shadows is contraindicated. In this case, it is better to draw the classic arrows in black pencil.
- Light shadows of a matte texture are superimposed on the eyelid.
- After that, an arrow is drawn with a pencil along the line of eyelash growth. It ends with a neat tail outside the outer corner of the eye. You can also draw an arrow in the lower part of the eye, but after that it should be carefully shaded.
There is another little secret that will help mask the flaw. To do this, draw the lower arrow a little lower, and paint a small distance between the eyelashes and the arrow with shadows of light tone. It’s best to always use matte shadows.
Arrows for wide-set eyes
Widely spaced eyes, on the contrary, need to be slightly reduced visually and brought closer.
- It is necessary to draw the inner corner of the upper eyelid and extend the angle closer to the nose. The arrow should be prominent, smooth and clear. It is better to draw with a black eyeliner or liquid eyeliner. The line does not recede from the corner and runs close to the eyelash growth line. It should be carried out clearly and continuously from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner.
- Full eyeliner with a similar type of eye will also look good. The contour of the eye is completely outlined. You can leave the lines clear or gently blend them.
Arrows for the amygdala
Girls with almond-shaped eyes are suitable for any kind of arrow. For a change, you can use the unusual arrows in the style of the 60s. They differ in that they begin almost from the inner corner of the eye and expand to the outer corner. The tail is neat and thickened.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Arrows for asian eyes
Arrows are the foundation of any Asian make-up. They allow you to visually increase the size of the eyes, emphasize the oriental flavor.
When performing such a make-up, do this:
- Draw a short arrow that will not go beyond the outer corner of the eye. Such arrows should be thin at the ends and wide in the center. This allows you to visually increase the size of the eyes.
- Arrows start from the middle of the century. They are held at the top and bottom. Moreover, they should be thickened in the center of both the upper eyelid and the lower.
- You can add shadows to make your eyes stand out more.
- It is not forbidden to make arrows elongated. However, in this case, it is necessary that the arrows aim at the eyebrows. This is done so that the eyes do not seem sad.
How to draw arrows in the eyes with the corners down
Arrows for a similar shape of the eye should visually raise the outer corners. In this case, the tail should not be an extension of the eye, it should rise from the tip. The arrow does not begin to draw from the beginning of the eye, but from its middle. More precisely, in the place where the contour of the eye begins to fall down.
Round eye arrows
Arrows on the eyes (step by step photo) with a leash is an excellent tool for correcting the shape of the eyes, even a round one. To do this, you need to start drawing the arrow at a small distance from the inner corner of the eye. After that, you need to gradually thicken the line closer to the outer corner.
You can use any eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner, eyeliner-felt-tip pen, eyeliner and other cosmetics are perfect.
Guidelines for choosing the color of the arrows
Color when choosing arrows has virtually no meaning. It all depends on
the taste of the girl, as well as on the event for which makeup is done. In some cases, experts suggest not using too dark eyeliner for girls with small eyes.
A typical color for arrows is black and navy.
Tips for a beginner: how to draw straight arrows
- Drawing base and shadow on the upper eyelid. First of all, when drawing arrows, you need to apply a tonal tool that will allow you to better fix the eyeliner. After that, the base foundation is applied on the eyelids with shades of light shades (when choosing the color of the shadows, eye color should be taken into account). In this case, it is necessary to shade the shadows at the corners of the eyes and eyebrows well. And in the middle part of the eyelid, where it forms a fold, shadows of brighter colors can be applied;
- Arrow drawing. Typically, the execution technique involves drawing from the middle of the eye to the outer corner or directly from the inner corner of the eye. It is carried out in one motion without interruption. It is important to draw it as close to the eyelash line as possible. The arrows should turn out to be as even and neat as possible. If there is a gap between the arrow and eyelashes, you need to paint over it;
- Application of shadows on the lower eyelid and mascara tinting. After the arrows are finished on the lower eyelid, apply shadow. And only after that the eyelashes are stained with mascara. It is advisable to paint only the upper eyelashes with mascara.
The arrows on the eyes (photo step by step) with the eyeliner should be as symmetrical as possible. If they are different, you need to redo the work. If the pencil allows for minor errors, then the eyeliner in this sense is less convenient. Noticeable even a slight roughness.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
What you need for shooter eyeliner
For perfect shooters, you need to purchase high-quality cosmetics, the shades of which will be suitable for the girl’s color type, the color of her eyes and hair.
In a makeup bag, each girl should have:
- Eyeliner. Designed for eyeliner. It helps to accurately draw arrows for those girls who have not yet learned how to perform arrows in one motion. Allows you to immediately immediately erase the arrow or shade it, and then make a smokey ice makeup. It is also necessary in order to outline the arrow before drawing it with an eyeliner.
- Liquid eyeliner. Suitable for those girls who know how to draw arrows and got a hand on it. With a similar eyeliner, the line must be drawn in one motion.
- Gel and cream eyeliner . Such a tool is most often used by professionals and makeup artists. It takes more effort and time to complete the lines with these tools, but they make it easy to adjust the line and fit perfectly on the eyelid.
- The shadows . They are a good base for arrows and complement makeup at the same time.
- Special brushes and applicator. Necessary for applying makeup and arrows.
- Liner liner . Reminds a felt-tip pen and allows you to draw straight arrows even in the absence of special skills. The lines are soft. If mistaken, they can be easily wiped with a cotton swab and a special makeup remover. But such a tool does not last long.
Life hacks when drawing arrows with eyeliner
Life hacks when applying arrows incredibly simplify the process.
These include several useful techniques:
- If you get too hard or hard pencil, you can soften it. For this, it is necessary to heat the lead with a lighter or hairdryer. It is not necessary to warm for a long time, it takes from 2 to 5 seconds. From heating, the pencil heats up and becomes a little softer, the process of applying arrows is much easier.
- If the eyeliner is over at the most inopportune moment, you can use mascara. It is necessary to dip a brush in mascara and draw a line closer to the eyelash growth line. The line should go exclusively through the outer eyelid.
- If the arrows do not come out straight, you can use a business card or other flat and hard object. It is applied to the corner of the eye and an arrow is drawn over it. Some girls use a regular piece of paper.
- The second option for applying straight arrows is ordinary tape. A small piece of adhesive tape is cut off, applied once to the skin, which will slightly weaken its stickiness. After that, it is glued to the corner of the eye with a gap between the adhesive tape and the eyelash growth line. Then an arrow is drawn. Instead of adhesive tape, a band-aid is also used. The sequence of the procedure remains the same.
- You can draw arrows in the opposite direction. This means that drawing starts from the outer corner of the eye to the inner. Thus, it is much easier to make arrows for beginners.
Even the beginner can make arrows in front of a photo representing the entire sequence of actions. However, before picking up eyeliner, you should learn how to draw arrows according to step-by-step instructions in another, easier way, for example, with a pencil.
Video: How to draw arrows on the eyes
How to quickly and easily draw arrows on your eyes:
Features of makeup with arrows, photo: