Shatush (from English – “shatush”) is a modern way of dyeing hair to create the effect of curls naturally burnt in the sun. The name “shatush” itself comes from the English word “shahtuh”, which means a special type of antelope wool of the highest quality.
To achieve a natural effect, adjacent strands of hair are painted in similar shades of color, creating a smooth transition from dark to lighter. When performing the method on short hair, an additional volume effect is formed. Before contacting a colorist or painting at home, it is recommended that you select the appropriate style for photos on the Internet.
- Differences from ombre and highlighting
- Who is suitable for
- Curly or straight
- How to choose the right tone
- Features of dyeing short strands
- On fair hair
- For fair hair
- For dark-haired girls
- Dyeing on black hair
- For redheads
- How to dye at shatush at home
- Necessary tools
- Step-by-step instruction
- Hair care after dyeing
- Video: how to make a shuttle
Differences from ombre and highlighting
The main difference between the shatusha from classical highlighting is its execution technology:
- When performing highlighting, the colored hair strands are wrapped in foil, immediately after applying the coloring mixture to them.
- And when performing a shuttle, the “stretching” of paint is performed on pre-combed locks, and the curls on top do not turn around.
- The ombre technique is of little use for short hair, since it involves a soft transition of color from the ends to the middle of the length. Ombre is performed on medium length and long hair.
For short hair, according to hairdressers, it is the shuttle gun who is best suited. Along with it, there is such a dyeing technique as California highlighting, which is also well suited for this hair length.
Who is suitable for
The technology of shatusha is applicable to both short and medium hair. Staining will look different, depending on both the length and color of the hair.
- According to stylists, the technique looks especially impressive on dark hair: light locks on a background of dark hair will additionally refresh the image and reduce age.
- Fair-haired girls, coloring several strands will make more expressive.
- Dyeing is unlikely for light blonde women, but if the hair is a natural light shade, additional lightening of several strands will make the image much more interesting.
Curly or straight
Shatush can be performed on both straight and curly hair. It is ideal for short straight hair. Examples of such staining are presented in the photo.
For curly hair, it is worth considering that it is easier to damage by coloring and it is rather difficult to predict how the locks curl after washing. In this case, frequent dyeing of the thinnest strands is best suited.
How to choose the right tone
The main distinguishing feature of staining is the preservation of the most natural look. The color of the strands to be painted should differ by only a few tones from the main color of the curls. When staining, the combination of several closely related shades is most often used.
Highlighting bright contrasting strands is unacceptable. It is necessary to take into account the color type of appearance and skin tone. For a cold shade of hair and skin, select closely related cold shades, for a warm one – accordingly shades of a warm color scheme.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Features of dyeing short strands
The technology of cranks is suitable for hair of any length, except for very short (less than 2 inch), since on such hair it is simply impossible to make a smooth stretch of color. For short hair, crank can be performed with and without comb.
Thanks to fleece, a smooth and natural transition is achieved, but at the same time, the quality of the hair suffers more when dying. With the professional technique of applying the dye, the same effect can be achieved without prior fleece. If staining is carried out at home, it is better to first make light bouffant strands.
On fair hair
It is more difficult to choose the right shade for coloring shatushi on fair hair than not dark. But at the same time, the clarified strands look much more natural and natural on the fair-haired girls, this creates the effect of natural hair burning in the sun.
When choosing a color, you must take into account the color type of appearance . For a warm color type, pearl and golden colors are suitable, and for a cold color – pastel and ashen.
For fair hair
This style of brown hair refreshes and renews the image. With the right choice of color, 1 or 2 tones darker than natural, the effect of naturally burnt out hair in the sun will be created.
For a warm color type of appearance, it is worth paying attention to amber, walnut, wheat, honey, warm beige and golden hues. And for the cold – ash and dark pearl shades.
For dark-haired girls
On dark hair, shatush will stand out best. In this case, excessive contrast should not be created. In this case, it is important to choose the right dye so that the strands are sufficiently lightened, but the hair itself is not affected.
3% oxide is suitable for lightening thin hair, and 6%, or even 9%, for thicker and thicker hairs.
Dyeing on black hair
The black hair shatush is performed less often than other colors and is harder to make, especially for short hair. Photos with examples of staining confirm that this is possible, but only with professional and competent execution. For black hair, cold and ashy shades without yellowness are best suited.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Red hair always distinguishes a girl from the crowd, several strands dyed in a crank will make the image more expressive and interesting. For red hair, a combination of strands of honey, golden and caramel shades is best suited.
For dark red hair with a brown tint, highlighting light golden strands is perfect. For blond hair with a caramel tint, caramel and copper shades will look advantageous.
How to dye at shatush at home
Shatush, like any coloring, injures the structure of the hair. If the curls were repeatedly exposed to chemical paint or were painted with henna, the procedure should not be carried out. Also, do not dye your hair after perming. Independently, it is much simpler and more convenient to make a shuttle for short hair. Step-by-step staining process with a photo – later in the article.
Before staining, you can not wash your hair for at least a day, and preferably two. It is necessary that the hair is protected from damage by natural fat sebaceous secretion and less injured.
To carry out the procedure at home you will need:
- Plastic comb without metal elements
- Paint brush
- Plastic container for mixing paint
- Rubber or plastic gloves for protecting hands when staining
- Set for clarification and toning of hair
- Small clips for fixing hair or invisibility
- Home clothes that you will not stain with paint
- 2 mirrors so that you can see the hair from all sides during dyeing
- 1-2 hours of free time
- Short hair at home is much easier to dye than long. To do this, just follow the instructions on the packaging exactly. To date, such sets with paint for shatusha are available specifically for home use, and most often include all the necessary tools for lightening, dyeing and further hair care. To better color the back strands of hair, it is best to seek help from another person, since it is very problematic to color short occipital strands of hair without the necessary dexterity. If, nevertheless, the coloring is carried out independently, be sure to select several mirrors so that you can see the hair from all sides. Any hair dye is an allergen. Therefore, you cannot neglect the allergenicity test, which is carried out 24 hours before staining.It is necessary to apply the coloring mixture on the wrist according to the instructions on the packaging, wait for the necessary time and follow the reaction – if there is no negative reaction on the skin during the day, you can safely proceed to staining.
- At the second stage, you need to mix the paint and the oxidizing agent in a pre-prepared plastic container with a plastic spatula or brush.
- Then divide the hair into many thin strands and lightly comb each of them so that the coloring composition is evenly and smoothly distributed along the entire length of the strands. You can fix the hair with the help of clips, so combed strands will not get lost in the total mass of hair, and coloring will be much easier. This item can be omitted, but then you will have to comb each strand immediately before applying the composition, and you can get an uneven amount of colored strands in different parts of the head.
- At this stage, the composition is applied to the previously separated strands, retreating a few inch from the hair roots, dyeing is performed by smooth movements, stretching the paint from the roots to the ends. Thanks to the preliminary fleece, the brightening composition is not distributed on the entire surface of the strands, but only on the upper layer of the hair, due to which the effect of the crank is achieved. The stronger the pile, the smoother and more natural the result, if you want to get a more pronounced effect, the pile should be made not so strong.
- It is necessary to strictly follow the instructions and do not overexpose the composition on the hair, after the specified exposure time, rinse the hair with plenty of cool water.
- After clarification, the stage of hair tinting follows. Thus, pre-clarified strands are filled with colored pigment. It is the paint tone selected for toning that determines the final result of staining. The tinting mixture is aged on the hair indicated on the packaging time and washed off with warm water.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Hair care after dyeing
The shatush is attractive precisely because not all hair is colored, but only part of it. Therefore, this method is the most sparing in relation to natural hair. The second advantage is that in order to maintain the effect, the hair needs to be dyed once every few months , and not monthly, as with regular hair dyeing along the entire length.
At the same time, it is not necessary to constantly carry out the procedure: if there is no desire to maintain the effect of the shatusha, you can simply stop dyeing your hair, then the clarified strands will quickly grow out and become equal to the total mass of hair, without spoiling the overall look of the hairstyle.
It must be understood that when painting the rods, the hair is lightened, which means that they require additional care. Of course, short hair is easier to tolerate the bleaching procedure than long, since the short length is fed directly from the hair roots. A photo of short haircuts with coloring of the cranks is a confirmation of this.
As after any dyeing, hair requires additional nutrition, hydration and protection.
There are special professional lines of cosmetics for dyed and bleached hair, they are able to maintain hair in excellent condition after dyeing. Such care lines are aimed at restoring the structure of hair and preserving the color of colored strands. A special shampoo gently cleanses the hair and protects the pigment from leaching.
The conditioner maintains the moisture level in the hair shaft and closes the hair flakes. Masks for deep restoration and hydration of the hair give the hair a well-groomed appearance and protect against negative environmental influences. After washing, the hair should be carefully wrapped in a towel, do not usd it, so as not to injure and not break the structure.
You can not comb completely wet hair, you need to wait until they are 70% dry and then gently comb the comb with rare teeth.
Do not blow dry your hair with too hot a blower. It is best to choose a slightly warm or cold temperature.
Perfectly nourish the hair, return to them the
former strength and elasticity of the mask of natural oils. Warm hair wraps with olive, peach, castor oil will be a good addition to professional hair care products.
To do this, slightly warm the bottle with oil in a water bath and carefully apply to the hair along the entire length for 1-2 hours, depending on the availability of free time. It is worth using caution to use natural oils for blondes and very fair-haired girls, as they can give your hair an undesirable dark shade.
Video: how to make a shuttle
Fashionable technique for painting cranks:
Coloring rods at home: