Laser hair removal is by far one of the most effective methods of dealing with unwanted hairs on the body. The procedure is often used to remove the antennae in women of different ages, it requires some preparation and compliance with simple rules.
- How does the laser for hair removal of the upper lip
- Indications and contraindications to the procedure
- Pros and Cons of Hair Removal Method
- Laser advantages over other procedures
- Preparation for laser hair removal of the upper lip
- Do I need pain relief What anesthetics are used
- What can and cannot be done after laser hair removal of antennae
- Skin care after laser hair removal
- Possible side effects of using a laser for antennae
- Why hair can appear after the laser procedure
- Is home laser effective in combating antennae
- Laser Home Kits
- A step-by-step description of the steps of the procedure at home
- How many sessions will be needed to remove hair above the upper lip
- How long does the effect last
- The cost of the procedure in the salons
- Upper Lip Laser Hair Removal Video
How does the laser for hair removal of the upper lip
Abundant hair in the upper lip is atypical for women, so most of them try to get rid of hair in different ways and forever. The effect of the laser on the skin in this area is rather delicate and relatively safe.
The laser beam penetrates the hair follicle and is absorbed by the hair pigment. As a result, the follicle is destroyed and for a long period cannot produce new hair growth. Quite often, it is destroyed forever, so for many, the course of laser removal of the antennae becomes the first and only.
Indications and contraindications to the procedure
Laser hair removal of the antennae in women has its own indications and contraindications. The latter should be taken into account in order to avoid complications.
Indications include the presence of hair in the of the upper lip, black hairs on the background of pale skin, their ingrowth after removal by other methods, for example, using wax or a special cream. In this case, laser hair removal is recommended for the woman.
Contraindications include the following:
- The period of menstruation, when the pain threshold in a woman decreases, which can lead to the formation of irritation sites and even hematomas.
- Diagnosed with diabetes mellitus of any severity, provoking the slow healing of any damage.
- The presence in the area of the alleged effect of purulent formations, acne, irritation, infected wounds or abrasions, signs of herpes.
- The period of breastfeeding and pregnancy, which is associated with a violation of the hormonal balance in the body.
- The presence of birthmarks or other pigmentation in the affected area, which can develop into a malignant tumor. If warts or papillomas occur, the procedure is also contraindicated.
- Diseases of viral and infectious origin in the acute stage. Even a cold can cause refusal to manipulate.
- Oncological diseases at any stage.
- Allergic manifestations of a local or general nature.
- The recovery period after surgery or prolonged illness.
- Initial or progressive stage of varicose veins, rosacea (spider veins) in the upper lip
- Taking antibacterial drugs from the tetracycline group.
- The presence of red hair on the upper lip, as well as gray or very light.
Contraindications are determined in each case individually, so it is better to consult with an experienced specialist who will exclude the likelihood of a particular disease.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Pros and Cons of Hair Removal Method
Laser hair removal of the antennae in women has its advantages and disadvantages. The main advantage will be the simplicity and painlessness of the procedure, as well as high efficiency after completing a full course. In addition, the manipulation can be carried out at any time, it is only necessary to consider all contraindications.
An additional advantage is the absence of side effects in the area of exposure. The skin integument does not change color, does not deform and does not irritate, with the repeated appearance of hairs do not grow. This is a big plus.
A laser is absolutely harmless to the skin if everything is done in compliance with the rules and using high-quality equipment.
Among the shortcomings, one can single out the high cost of the procedure in a good professional beauty salon. If the price of manipulation is attractively low, it is worth considering the quality of the services offered. In addition, the procedure will not be effective for women with red, light or gray hairs, since they have a minimal amount of melanin.
The main disadvantage of manipulation is a long list of contraindications. Not every woman will be able to use a laser to remove hair, because it has one or another disease. Despite the shortcomings, the procedure is very popular.
Laser advantages over other procedures
The main advantage of laser antenna removal is the effectiveness of the procedure for a fairly long period or forever. None of the methods known today is not so effective. Additionally, during laser removal, the patient does not experience severe pain, as when using wax, sugar paste, tweezers or electrolysis.
After the laser, the hairs do not grow. After shugaring, wax, special cream, they grow in most cases. Additionally, laser removal almost always passes without a trace, that is, there are no signs of irritation on the skin.
In addition, the use of a laser accelerates the process of hair removal, because the rays simultaneously affect the skin area, the length and width of which reaches 11/32 – 13/32 inch. For the antennae, 15 minutes is enough.
Preparation for laser hair removal of the upper lip
Laser hair removal requires preparation, which will allow you to remove the antennae of a woman quickly and efficiently.
The most important points in the preparation will be the following:
- Exclude the use of antibacterial agents from the group of tetracyclines.
- Shave the hairs over the lip 1-2 days before the manipulation. Their maximum length should not exceed 3/32 inch, which is necessary to exclude the possibility of skin injury.
- 2-3 months before the manipulation, it is forbidden to use epilators, wax and creams in the area of future laser exposure, otherwise it will be ineffective.
- Before the procedure, for 2 weeks it is worth excluding a visit to the beach or a solarium, regularly use a cream with sunscreen effect.
- A week before laser removal, do not use alcohol-based cosmetic lotions, so as not to irritate the skin and not provoke complications after exposure to the device.
- On the day of manipulation, it is forbidden to use any decorative or facial cosmetics for the face.
It is important to inform the specialist about the fact of taking any medications, as sometimes they can affect the result.
Do I need pain relief What anesthetics are used
The specialist asks the woman in advance about the need for pain relief. Some do not need it, because the pain threshold is high. Others take tablets and insist on the use of local anesthetics immediately before manipulation. For oral administration, doctors recommend Ketonal or Ibuprofen in tablets.
Means have a pronounced effect and help calmly transfer the procedure. Enough 1 tablet to achieve the result. Place on the area of the upper lip, you can apply Lidochlor ointment, which contains lidocaine and anesthetizes. Sometimes the site is treated with a spray of lidocaine Asept. It also has a pronounced anesthetic effect.
In professional beauty salons, the procedure is carried out in compliance with all the rules and nuances.
The specialist performs the following steps:
- Asks the patient to sit in a comfortable reclining chair.
- After taking a comfortable position, she is convinced that the skin in the affected area is dry and clean.
- He puts on special goggles on himself and the patient’s eyes, which will exclude the possibility of rays falling onto the cornea.
- Apply a special contact gel to the treatment area
- Treats the site of exposure with an anesthetic if the patient has expressed such a desire.
- It turns on the device and carefully brings it closer to the area of influence, asking the patient to stretch a little skin.
- Gradually processes the entire of the upper lip where there are hairs.
During the manipulation, a woman may feel a slight burning sensation or tingling, which is considered normal. For 20 minutes after treatment, she is in the chair. After that, the specialist allows her to go home.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
What can and cannot be done after laser hair removal of antennae
The day after the manipulation, the patient is allowed to return to her usual way of life, use cosmetics and care products, and not hide her face in windy weather. In addition, it is allowed to resume the course of taking medicines, if there is such a need.
However, it is strictly forbidden to use depilatory creams, alcohol lotions, tweezers or wax strips in the laser treatment area.
This can lead to irritation and infection of exposed skin. It is not necessary to visit the sauna, bathhouse or solarium for the first few days after removal, to act on the skin in other aggressive ways. If decorative cosmetics causes discomfort, you should abandon it for a while.
Skin care after laser hair removal
The main method of skin care after the procedure is considered to stimulate the regeneration of tissues damaged by laser beams. To do this, moisturizers that are suitable for the type of skin are used. Additionally, ointments with regenerating properties can be used. The most effective means is Solcoseryl.
The medication accelerates healing and prevents complications . Aloe vera gel will help soothe the skin immediately after the procedure. It is allowed to use it without restrictions and immediately after manipulation.
The morning and evening wash should be gentle. Do not usd your face, apply scrubs. To facilitate burning in the area of exposure, ice is allowed.
Possible side effects of using a laser for antennae
Laser hair removal of the antennae in women in some cases provokes complications.
The most common of them:
- severe pain in the area of exposure;
- redness, irritation, the formation of small wounds on the skin;
- burns of the skin, characteristic of patients with dark skin;
- change in skin tone, the appearance of age spots;
- damage to the eyes by laser beams;
- moderate or severe itching of the skin.
In exceptional cases, infection of small wounds formed after laser treatment occurs.
Why hair can appear after the laser procedure
Often, after treatment of the upper lip, a woman reappears hairs. The first cause may be a pregnancy that occurs one time after the procedure. A change in the hormonal background provokes the growth of new hair even in areas treated repeatedly.
The second reason is the inability to act simultaneously on all the hairs, since they are all at different stages of development. This leads to repeated growth. Another common cause will be a hormonal disorder against the background of any disease, stress.
Is home laser effective in combating antennae
Today, every woman can purchase a kit for laser hair removal at home. There is debate about its effectiveness. Many professionals consider devices useless and even harmful.
Some women confirm the effectiveness of home sets . It is worth noting that such devices are quite effective if the woman carefully studied the instructions, performed everything according to the rules and did not violate the principles of care before and after the manipulation.
Laser Home Kits
Different companies produce sets for laser hair removal at home.
Each features functionality:
|Rio Dezac x60||American appliance for home use. It has a small size, attractive design, at the same time affects 60 hairs. Considered safe and effective.||The cost starts from $ 122.|
|Heir removal lazer||The British model is considered the safest, characterized by high efficiency, small size and attractive appearance. The device is easy to use, affects 40-50 hairs at a time||The price is approximately $ 109 – $ 136.|
|Tria Presision BaByliss||Model from the Italian manufacturer, very light, compact and
beautiful. It is considered the best for use in the face, is effective, removes hair quickly and permanently
|The cost is $ 163.|
|Philips Tria Presision||The most expensive Korean model with a built-in intelligent core that determines the type and length of hair. At the end of the flash, it emits a signal and is applied to any part of the body.||The price of such a device reaches $ 272.|
The cost of a particular laser device differs in different countries and cities. Some of them are available, others are too expensive.
A step-by-step description of the steps of the procedure at home
At home, you must follow all the rules, as when visiting a salon.
The main steps will be as follows:
- Read the instructions for use of the device, carefully read all safety instructions.
- Wear safety glasses. They may be included or sold separately.
- Wash and dry the exposure area, be sure to remove any makeup.
- If necessary, treat the area with Lidocaine Asept spray.
- Apply contact gel, which is always attached to the device upon purchase.
- Carefully attach the epilator to the area above the upper lip and press the desired button.
- Wait for a beep or a corresponding click that will indicate that you can remove the device.
- Repeat application on all parts of the upper lip where there are hairs.
- Turn off the device, put it in the box carefully.
- Treat the affected area with aloe vera gel.
All manipulation takes from 10 to 20 minutes. If you follow all the recommendations, the result will be noticeable in 2-3 days. The rules for skin care do not differ from those that are observed after salon manipulation.
How many sessions will be needed to remove hair above the upper lip
Inside, a woman will have to go from 2 to 4 sessions, depending on the amount of hair, their thickness, length and color. Between the procedures takes from 2 to 8 weeks. The more treatments are carried out, the greater the time interval between them. Epilators for home use have low power, so it will take from 6 to 10 sessions to completely get rid of hair.
How long does the effect last
The duration of the effect after removal depends on the type of skin, the length of the hair, its thickness and color. The thicker the hairs, the shorter the period when they will not grow. On average, 2 to 7 years pass after the course, after which the hairs reappear.
For some women with naturally thin hair, one course is enough to forget about the problem forever.
The cost of the procedure in the salons
In the salons of large cities of USA, the price for one procedure is approximately $ 20 – $ 27. In the, it is slightly lower, reaching $ 23. for one treatment.
This method is quite expensive, but fully justified.
Laser hair removal is the safest and most modern way to remove hair. For a woman’s antennae, the procedure is ideal and rarely leads to complications.
Upper Lip Laser Hair Removal Video
Laser hair removal: