The problem of ingrown hair on the legs is especially relevant for the fair sex. Moreover, in the winter season, many women do not notice it. And with the onset of heat, when you can put on a skirt, it manifests itself. If ingrown hair has appeared on the legs, getting rid of them will not be difficult, following simple recommendations.
- What causes hair to grow in
- Causes of hair ingrowth after hair removal, shugaring, shaving
- First symptoms
- What should be done at the first sign
- What should not be done
- How to get rid of ingrown legs hair at home: recipes of folk remedies
- Ingrown hair scrubs: recipes
- Cosmetic lotions and creams against ingrown hair
- Pharmacy products
- Video on Ingrown Hair Removal Methods
What causes hair to grow in
The reasons for this unpleasant phenomenon are different: from hormonal imbalance to the wrong methods of hair removal.
Reasons for growing leg hair:
|Wearing clothes made of non-natural materials.||When a person wears synthetic clothing, there is pressure and friction on the skin. Due to the mechanical effect, the epidermis is densified, and the mouths of the hair follicles are closed with keratinized hair scales. Because of this, hair grows more often.|
|Hormonal imbalance.||With an imbalance of hormones, hair grows during the period of bearing a child, menstruation, puberty, in the presence of diseases of an endocrinological nature.|
|Individual predisposition.||In different people, a hair growth program is laid down genetically. And if there is an individual predisposition, you can only minimize the problem, and not completely eliminate it.|
|Incorrect hair removal and other hair removal procedures.||During such manipulations, the hairs are damaged, and the process of ingrowth occurs.|
If hormones are imbalanced, it is recommended that you consult a specialist before performing the procedure. Perhaps to eliminate the problem, hormone therapy is needed.
Causes of hair ingrowth after hair removal, shugaring, shaving
Ingrown hair on the legs, which is sometimes difficult to get rid of, often appears after shaving, shugaring and hair removal procedures. This particular problem concerns people who carry out house removal manipulations without resorting to a specialist.
According to cosmetologists, hair ingrowth depends on how dense the epidermal layer and the number of layers of its scales. If there are many layers of the epidermis on the surface, the skin becomes denser, and the newly growing thin hair hardly penetrates through the protective layer. Then growth occurs horizontally, not vertically.
People whose hairs are hard and dark in color are more likely to experience ingrowth.
This is because, unlike fair hair, they grow faster. And if the skin is dense with a dark tint, it will not work to prevent ingrowth.
If, during improper hair removal or shugaring, the hair channel is damaged or its trauma occurs below the epidermis level, after some time, ingrown hairs will appear.
Their formation is associated with the appearance of a very small scar in the hair canal. To avoid a problem, such procedures are recommended to be performed by qualified craftsmen.
Shaving hair with a sharp blade against its growth also provokes the development of the problem. Therefore, the hair on the legs shaves hair growth with an exceptionally sharp tool.
It is not difficult to notice the signs of the appearance of ingrown hair.
This unpleasant phenomenon is accompanied by:
- itchy skin;
- skin redness.
Sometimes local inflammation can develop, which leads to the appearance of cones on the skin of a bright red color.
Often under the skin you can see curled hair. If shaving your hair recently, seals with purulent contents and uninflamed bumps may develop.
After 10 days, serious seals appear, the state of which changes as they grow deeper inside. In places where hair has grown, sometimes milia develop – rashes of white color.
After shaving, some people notice a rash that resembles acne. Small blood vessels dilate and fill with blood, resulting in redness. In the place where the hair has grown, an abscess and ulcers develop, which are most often caused by staphylococcal infection.
What should be done at the first sign
When the first signs of hair ingrowth appear, especially if there is a process of suppuration, you need to contact a specialist. The doctor will conduct a visual examination and prescribe appropriate treatment. If the process of suppuration has begun, antibiotic therapy is possible.
If there is no suppuration, perform the following actions:
- The inflamed area should be disinfected with an antiseptic and a wet compress should be applied. Chlorhexedin, Miramistin, alcohol tincture of calendula are ideal for disinfection.
- Then the instrument is disinfected with which the hair will be pulled (tweezers, needle).
- The ingrown hair is picked up with a sterile needle and the hair is pulled out with tweezers.
- The ingrown site is again treated with a disinfectant.
Other therapeutic measures include:
- The process of steaming (after it, ingrown hairs come to the surface easier). While taking a shower, you can usd the affected area with a rough washcloth, without pressing hard. Thus, dead skin will be removed. After the bath, a moisturizing cream is applied to the feet. This method is suitable for people who do not have symptoms of inflammation, and if the hairs are not deep under the skin.
- Scrubbing (carried out if the steaming process did not solve the problem). This procedure helps to remove ingrown hairs and at the same time is a preventive measure.
- Extrusion is carried out in the presence of pus around the ingrown hairs. At home, this can not be done, since there is a risk of trauma to the follicle and the development of even more inflammation. The procedure should be performed by a qualified cosmetologist.
What should not be done
Ingrown hair on the legs, which you need to get rid of urgently, absolutely can not be picked up with disinfected hands. An infection can join the inflammatory process, the treatment of which will be carried out in a hospital. In addition, scars and pigmentation may remain on the skin, which look ugly from an aesthetic point of view.
It is strictly forbidden to try to remove hairs by repeated depilation, shugaring or shaving. Inflammation will only intensify, and positive results will not succeed.
The scrubbing procedure is not recommended without peeling. Without fail, after the procedures, a moisturizer is applied to the skin. You can’t do peeling without using a moisturizer, since irritation may develop at the site of ingrowth, which will lead to a second process.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
How to get rid of ingrown legs hair at home: recipes of folk remedies
Ingrown hair on the legs, which can be eliminated at home, is removed using the improvised means that every woman has in her arsenal.
- Plain salt will help expand the pores, pull the hair out and relieve the inflammatory process.
What is necessary:
- 30 g of salt;
- 6,09 fluid ounce of hot water.
The salt is dissolved in water and a bandage is moistened in it. Compress is applied to the damaged area.
- Aloe has anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. A large leaf of the plant is cut and washed in clean water. It is crushed into gruel, applied to ingrown hair and put on a sterile dressing on the leg. The procedure is carried out daily, changing the bandages. The treatment process is carried out until the disappearance of abscesses and inflammation.
- If the inflammatory foci after growing the nail are strong, it is recommended to make medical powder.
What is necessary:
- dried incense;
- dried aloe leaves;
- dried rose petals.
Plants are crushed into powder and mixed together. The powder is applied to clean skin on the affected areas. The procedure is carried out up to 4 times a day.
Excellent onion relieves inflammation. It is cut into two parts and one of the halves is applied to the lesion. Using a sterile bandage, rewind the leg. Four hours later, the used bulb is replaced with a new one. The treatment process is continued until the inflammation passes.
- Effective for growing hair home ointment based on baked onions and honey.
What is necessary:
- 20 g of honey;
- 5 g of flour;
- baked onion – 1 pc.
All ingredients are mixed and well triturated to an ointment. The mixture is applied in a thin layer to the affected area on the legs. The procedure is recommended at least 3 times a day.
- The ointment based on laundry soap and baked onions eliminates foci of inflammation well.
What is necessary:
- 1/3 of the bar of laundry soap;
- small baked onions.
Laundry soap is rubbed on a fine grater. Onion is baked until soft and chopped into gruel. The ingredients are mixed together. The tool is applied to the site of ingrown hair. Manipulations are performed up to 5 times a day.
- A mixture based on oils and flax decoction has a healing effect.
What is necessary:
- 1 part almond oil;
- 1 part olive oil;
- 2 parts decoction of flax seed;
- 2 parts aloe juice.
All components are well mixed together and applied to gauze. A compress is applied to the sore spot and fixed with a bandage. The compress is left for the whole day, and removed in the evening. In the morning, apply a new gauze soaked in the product. The procedure is carried out until complete healing.
Ingrown hair scrubs: recipes
Ingrown hairs on the legs, which could not be removed with the help of folk remedies, can be eliminated with the help of peeling scrubs. This is a very effective procedure, a positive result from which is observed after 2 days.
Components for salt scrub:
- 30 g of table coarse or sea salt;
- grape seed oil – 15 g;
- essential oil of orange or any other to choose from.
The procedure for making scrub is simple. All components are mixed together. The mixture massages the affected areas. It is recommended to perform manipulations 1 time in 5 days. Applying a moisturizer after the procedure is required.
Body scrub components:
- a bag of powder of a butiaga;
- 30 g of hydrogen peroxide.
Bodyagi is mixed with hydrogen peroxide. The mixture is applied to the skin for 20 minutes until a burning sensation appears. Wash off with warm water. After the procedure, the affected area is lubricated with baby oil or cream. Manipulations are performed for 5 days.
Ingredients for scrub with sugar and olive oil:
- 50 g of olive oil;
- 50 g of sugar.
Before using the scrub, the skin is steamed in the shower. Places of ingrown hair on the legs are wiped with olive oil applied to a cotton pad. In the palm of your hand take a little sugar and places greased with oil, usd for a minute. Rinse your feet with warm water to rinse off the sugar. Wipe the skin with a damp cloth to absorb oil residue.
Components for oat scrub:
- 30 g of Hercules groats;
- 6 large grapes;
- milk – 30 g.
Grind Hercules with a coffee grinder, but not in flour. Grapes are kneaded and added to oatmeal. The mixture is poured with milk. A scrub is applied to the places of hair ingrowth with massage movements. After the procedure, the legs are washed with warm water. The frequency of the manipulation is 3 times a week.
Honey Scrub Ingredients:
- 20 g of honey, which began to sugar;
- 20 g of coffee grounds;
- 10 g of cocoa;
- 10 g of sea salt;
- a few drops of tea tree essential oil;
- 5 g of vegetable oil.
All ingredients are mixed. A scrub is applied to the affected area. The procedure is performed 3 times a week. If the skin is sensitive, sea salt is replaced with sugar, and coffee grounds are finely ground.
Aspirin-based scrub components:
- 2 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid;
- 5 g of toothpaste;
- 15 g of olive or other vegetable oil;
- 2 tablets of paracetamol.
The tablets are pulverized, toothpaste is added. All is poured with olive oil. The scrub is applied to the affected area with massaging movements. The procedure is performed 3 times a week.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photo
s before and after, contraindications.
Cosmetic lotions and creams against ingrown hair
Ingrown hair on the legs can be removed with lotions and creams, if you can’t get rid of it with home remedies.
Effectively cope with their task:
- Cream Tretinoin. The structure of this product is close to vitamin A. With regular use of the cream, the skin becomes less clogged, the epidermis becomes thinner, due to which the amount of ingrown hair becomes less.
- Cream Eldokvin. The constituent component of the cream is hydroquinone. It not only removes ingrown hair, but also eliminates pigmentation.
- Cream Follivit. It contains a complex of vitamins that nourishes the hair follicles. The hair shaft is strengthened, the problem of ingrowth passes. Also, the drug eliminates inflammatory processes.
- Gloria Lotion. The constituent component is natural acids. Thanks to them, the normal thickness of the stratum corneum is maintained and thickening processes do not occur. The tool is recommended for women who prefer waxing and shugaring.
- Skin Doctors Lotion. The composition of this lotion also includes acids of natural origin. The antibacterial effect is achieved thanks to isopril alcohol. Maintaining water balance provides propylene glycol. Salicylic acid has an anti-inflammatory effect.
When choosing a lotion, individual skin features are taken into account. If necessary, you can consult a beautician.
Pharmacy products are used if ingrown hair provoked the development of the inflammatory process.
To help eliminate inflammation:
- Ichthyol ointment. The tool is applied in a thin layer on the skin. At night, the legs are covered with a film. Usually one procedure is enough, but if necessary, the ointment can be used again.
- 5 drops of ammonia are mixed with 0,17 fluid ounce of hydrogen peroxide . The solution is added to the shower gel and applied to the place of hair growth for 15 minutes. After a while, the product is washed off the feet.
- Salicylic lotion not only eliminates inflammation, but also removes purulent acne. To prepare 0,1 fluid ounce of alcohol is dissolved in 1,69 fluid ounce of water and glycerin is added. The tool is applied in the morning and evening.
- Left-ointment ointment. The constituent component is levomecithin – an antibacterial substance. The tool is rubbed into a lesion with a thin layer. The procedure is performed 3 times a day. After 2 days, a positive effect occurs.
With timely treatment and regular use of care products, getting rid of ingrown hair on the legs will not be difficult. If the inflammatory process is strong, it is recommended to consult a specialist.
Video on Ingrown Hair Removal Methods
How to get rid of ingrown hair: