Hydrophilic oil is a skin care product that is widely used in cosmetology due to its unique composition of vitamins and minerals, beneficial properties and the absence of side effects. Beauticians claim that this tool is most often used for washing, makeup remover and as the main component of the composition of face masks.
- Hydrophilic oil – what is it
- Benefits for face and hair
- How to use for washing and removing makeup
- For dry skin
- For oily skin
- For problem skin
- For combination skin
- For hair
- Rating of the best hydrophilic oils. Where can I buy. Price
- Korean cosmetics – Shu Uemura, Apieu calendula oil
- Black Pearl Oil. Structure
- Spivak oil
- Oil “Belita”
- Oil “Holika Holika” (“Holika Holika”)
- Hada Labo oil (Hado Labo) with hyaluronic acid
- Tony Moly Oil
- Missha Oil (Misha)
- Oil “Biore” (“Biore”)
- Letual oil
- Payot Oil
- Ginger oil “Miko”
- Oil “Dior” (“Dior”)
- Oil “Mizon” (“Mizon”)
- How to make hydrophilic oil with your own hands
- Hydrophilic oil or micellar water – which is better
Hydrophilic oil – what is it
It is known about hydrophilic oil that it is a means to cleanse the skin from oils without adding water. The product, getting on the skin, instantly penetrates the pores, where it begins to dissolve sebum.
After applying hydrophilic oil to the face with light massage movements, moisturize the skin with water. Under its action, the oil turns into a light milk and is washed off the face with all the dirt. As a result, a clean, fresh face, pores are cleansed, there is no oily sheen of the skin.
Beauticians speak well of hydrophilic oil, noting that this tool deeply cleanses without injuring the skin. With this method of washing the skin does not stretch and mechanical stress is minimized.
Benefits for face and hair
Cosmetologists include the advantages of using oil:
- Thorough removal of even waterproof makeup;
- Lack of alcohol and harmful substances;
- Nutrition and skin hydration;
- Economical consumption of funds;
- Fighting the first signs of aging.
Of the minuses of hydrophilic oil emit:
- the price of this product is quite high;
- it is rarely possible to purchase the product within walking distance;
- a new way of cleansing that does not suit everyone;
- in some cases, individual intolerance to essential oils is possible.
Another advantage of hydrophilic oil is that it is a multifunctional product used for intimate hygiene. Thanks to its natural composition, it is used for all skin types, including children’s.
How to use for washing and removing makeup
For one facial cleansing procedure, it is enough to squeeze 3-4 drops of hydrophilic oil onto your hands, then:
- On dry skin of the face, you need to clean your hands with a light massage using oil, paying special attention to areas where there are black dots and enlarged pores. You should not rush, at this moment the agent enters the pores and dissolves the subcutaneous fat.
- Hands should be moistened with water and continue to massage the skin.
- The milk obtained from the reaction of oil and water should be washed off.
- After cleansing, so that the remaining oil does not clog the pores, it is necessary to wash in the usual way using gel, foam or mousse.
- Wash your face again with water and pat it dry with a towel.
For dry skin
Dry skin is thin and sensitive, with subtle pores. For this type of skin, a simplified way of washing is suitable. To do this, you need:
- A couple drops of oil mixed with water on the palms.
- Massage the face with the resulting emulsion and wash it.
Dry skin does not tolerate long exposure to it, so you need to massage your face very carefully, without stretching or pressing the skin.
It’s worth choosing tools that contain nourishing, moisturizing oils:
For oily skin
Oily skin is dense, prone to the appearance of comedones and acne. Thorough washing with a product with sesame oil, jojoba oil, rosehip and grape seed oil will relieve oily sheen, narrow pores, and make skin smooth and matte.
For problem skin
For problematic skin, products with a seborizing effect are suitable. These include oils:
- grape seed;
- rose hips;
You should wash your face in the manner described above, paying increased attention to problem areas of the face.
For combination skin
Combination skin type is the most common, in which women can be bothered by comedones and acne during critical days. On the face with combination skin there is a greasy shine and enlarged pores in the T-zone.
Means for washing should contain oils:
- grape seed.
This kit will relieve inflammation on the face and provide good nutrition and hydration for the skin.
Use hydrophilic hair oil as follows:
- Shake the product intensively and apply liberally to dry hair, doing a head massage.
- For a stronger effect, the oil should be left on the hair for a while, covering its head with a towel or hat. This mask heals weak and dry hair.
- After holding the oil, rinse the hair thoroughly.
As a result, the curls will be smooth and obedient. With regular use of this method of washing, the hair will no longer fall out and split off, dandruff and dryness will disappear.
Rating of the best hydrophilic oils. Where can I buy. Price
The price of hydrophilic oil depends on the brand of the manufacturer, the composition of the product and the volume of packaging. It is known that high-quality oil cannot be cheap, since only natural components are used for this product.
When buying, it is worth examining the integrity of the package, checking the shelf life of the product and carefully studying its composition.
For skin prone to rashes, it is recommended to choose hydrophilic oils without the addition of mineral oils in the composition. The average price of a product is from $ 10,88.
Korean cosmetics – Shu Uemura, Apieu calendula oil
“Shu Uemura” is a hydrophilic oil whose main properties are skin cleansing, lightening and polishing. It goes on sale in a bottle with a convenient dispenser.
The product has a pleasant aroma, does not irritate the eyes when washing, does not cause allergic reactions.
With regular use of oil, the skin brightens, becomes smooth and well-groomed.
The Shu Uemura range of oils includes 10 different types of hydrophilic product. One of them – the Apieu remedy with calendula oil strengthens the walls of blood vessels, has anti-inflammatory properties, and triggers cellular renewal of the skin.
Price – from 2500 – 6000 time.
Black Pearl Oil. Structure
After applying the hydrophilic oil from Black Pearl, the manufacturer guarantees moisturized skin for 24 hours with the help of active natural oils in the composition. Among them are oils:
- grape seed;
The product moisturizes and nourishes the skin, provides delicate care for all types of skin, including sensitive skin. The oil has a light sweetish aroma. Price – from 200 time.
The line of hydrophilic oils from the company “Spivak” consists of 5 products:
- “Jojoba Golden.” The composition of the product is almond, castor and rapeseed oil. Their complex in the composition of the product with constant use will remove acne, relieve irritation and reduce redness of the face.
- “Macadamia.” The use of this oil normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands, soothes irritations, improves the color and turgor of the facial skin.
- “Argan”. The product restores the hydro-lipid barrier of the skin, has a lifting effect by reducing small wrinkles, increasing the elasticity of the skin.
- Mona de Tahiti. Suitable oil for sensitive and aging skin prone to dryness. Oil applied to the face starts the regeneration of skin cells.
- “Vanilla”. Vanilla extract in the composition triggers cell renewal of the skin. The complexion becomes even and becomes dull.
Price – from 170 time. per unit of goods.
Softness and firmness of the skin will give sesame oil and grape seed as part of a hydrophilic product from Belita. The product gently cleanses the pores without drying the skin, easily copes with persistent cosmetics.
Some buyers of this product note insufficient cleansing of black dots. Price – from 250 time.
Oil “Holika Holika” (“Holika Holika”)
Hydrophilic oil from this manufacturer provides delicate care and deep cleansing for any skin type. From the first application, black disappears. Contains:
- argan oils, olives;
- vitamins E, A;
- antioxidants, trace elements.
Full hydration, nutrition and toning after applying the oil are guaranteed by the manufacturer. Price – from 1200 time.
Hada Labo oil (Hado Labo) with hyaluronic acid
The main active element of the product from Hado Labo is olive oil, it nourishes and softens the skin. Hyaluronic acid will take care of creating a barrier on the surface of the skin and retaining moisture inside.
The oil gently cleanses and effectively fights against black dots.
The hydrophilic product contains no chemical dyes, flavors, or mineral oils. The product does not clog pores, does not cause acne and inflammation .. Price – from $ 19.
Tony Moly Oil
Hydrophilic oil from “Tony Moli” – has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects due to tea tree oil in the composition.
In addition, after using the product, the microcirculation of the blood improves and the skin of the face is tightened. Price – from 900 time.
Missha Oil (Misha)
The hydrophilic oil from the Misha company delicately cleanses, moisturizes, and makes the skin velvety. In the composition of the oil:
- sweet almonds;
- grape seed;
Extracts of kelp, coltsfoot and tea tree leaves as part of the product will provide an antibacterial effect for the skin and quick healing of wounds and cuts.
Oil “Biore” (“Biore”)
This oil is a light texture product with a pleasant delicate aroma. It quickly rinses off waterproof types of cosmetics. The product does not dry the skin and does not clog pores, supports the natural hydration of the epidermis.
According to consumer reviews, a hydrophilic product can cause allergic reactions and the appearance of acne on sensitive skin due to the mineral oil in the composition. Price – from $ 14.
Hydrophilic oils of this brand are made from natural ingredients. Products have proven themselves in the fight against skin imperfections.
They struggle with dehydration of the skin and the first signs of aging, remove peeling and rashes. Price – from 1500 time.
Payot oil is a dense remedy that:
- regulates the functioning of the sebaceous glands,
- nourishes and moisturizes the skin;
- prevents cellular aging of the skin.
Avocado oil in the composition of the product is a storehouse of useful trace elements and vitamins that have a beneficial effect on the skin. The tool does not cause allergies due to its natural composition. Price – from 1300 time.
Ginger oil “Miko”
Ginger as the main element in the composition of this oil gently cleanses the skin and relieves inflammation, calendula – accelerates the healing of wounds and cuts, sage and cherry – fill the skin with moisture.
The oil is quite dense with a pleasant smell.
Oil “Dior” (“Dior”)
Oil essence for cleansing from “Dior” carefully removes makeup, evens and brightens the tone of the face, does not dry the skin and does not cause irritation.
This product is especially useful for skin prone to dryness. Price – from 1500r.
Oil “Mizon” (“Mizon”)
Mizon hydrophilic oil nourishes and whitens, soothes and brightens dull skin.
Camellia oil in the composition of the product increases the protective functions of the skin, jojoba oil – provides an anti-inflammatory effect, soybean oil has a tightening property, and sunflower oil has a calming effect. Price – from 1500 time.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
How to make hydrophilic oil with your own hands
It is possible to prepare hydrophilic oil at home. Herbal components for its composition are selected by skin type. Based on this, before cooking it is worth determining its type.
Essential oils should be added to the base mixture to increase the effectiveness of the drug. They also need to be selected depending on the type of skin and their beneficial properties. Before using them in the preparation of a hydrophilic product, the selected oils should be checked for allergic reactions.
Make it simple:
- Apply a drop of essential oil to the bend of the elbow or wrist.
- If after 12 hours there is no redness at this place, the oil can be used.
The general principle of preparation consists of mixing the base oil with an emulsifier, which will help to bind the oil with water. Most often, Polysorbate-80 is used for these purposes.
You can buy it in stores specializing in the sale of components for the preparation of cosmetics.
Percentage of components:
- 10-15% – for emulsifier,
- 85-90% – oil base,
- no more than 1% of essential oils.
In order for this composition of hydrophilic oil to act in full force, it needs to stand for a day before use. Since natural oils are used in the home composition and no preservatives are used, it is worthwhile to prepare the hydrophilic product in small portions and store no more than 3 weeks.
For cooking you will need:
- Bottle for the mixture;
- Measured container or spoon;
- Base oil or its mixture. What are these oils used for the preparation of hydrophilic oils are given below;
- Essential oils.
Common base oils:
- Jojoba . A high vitamin E oil with regenerative, anti-inflammatory properties. Due to the structure close to the nature of human sebum, oil easily penetrates the subcutaneous integument, exerting a beneficial effect on it.
- Grape seed. Oil has an antioxidant effect, normalizes the fat balance of the skin.
- Avocado. Oil moisturizes and saturates the skin with vitamins.
- Almond . The oil will fill with moisture, soften and whiten any type of skin.
- Peach . The oil includes a full-fledged vitamin complex, softens the skin and starts the process of cell renewal.
- Rosehip . The oil contains vitamin C, which not only improves the appearance, but also triggers skin renewal processes, due to which acne scars and cuts heal much faster.
A few simple recipes for home cooking:
- For dry skin. In 2,71 fluid ounce of base almond oil add 0,34 fluid ounce of rosehip oil, 0,34 fluid ounce of emulsifier and a few drops of vitamin E.
- For dry and dehydrated skin. Mix olive oil (85 g) with 15 g of Polysorbate-80. Add 10 drops of avocado, orange, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil.
- For oily skin. Pour 90 g of grape oil into a bottle, add 10 g of Polysorbate-80, mix the mixture. Add 10 drops of tea tree oil, rosemary and peach seed oil.
- With a cleansing effect for problem skin. To 3,04 fluid ounce of a mixture of almond, peach oil and rice bran add 10 g of emulsifier and 5 drops of tea tree.
Hydrophilic oil or micellar water – which is better
Micellar water was originally invented to cleanse sensitive skin.
It does not dry skin and removes makeup. To cleanse the face of non-waterproof daytime makeup, the use of micellar water will suffice.
Hydrophilic oil has a deep cleansing effect, so makeup using a large number of cosmetic and tonal products must be removed with it.
If your skin has acne, acne or other defects, the choice should be made in favor of deep cleansing with oil.
Hydrophilic oil is a healthy product for the face, which can be prepared independently and used to cleanse and rejuvenate the skin.
Video on the use of hydrophilic oil
Video on how to make hydrophilic oil at home