Patchouli essential oil, the properties of which are described in the article, has a thousand-year history. In ancient times, people believed that the use of fragrant oil protects the home from evil spirits, and even today some attribute magical properties to it. Ether is produced from the leaves of a patchouli plant in India, China, Indonesia. This valuable extract is used in the treatment of a variety of ailments.
- Chemical properties of patchouli oil
- Oil composition
- Useful properties in cosmetology
- The benefits of medicine
- Indications for use
- Hair patchouli oil
- Instructions for use
- Mask for strengthening hair follicles: recipe, usage pattern
- Mask for oily hair
- Face skin care oil
- Nourishing mask for normal skin
- Essential Oil Ice Cubes Recipe
- Steam bath recipe for pore cleansing
- Anti-aging mask
- Mask for removing post-acne
- Patchouli oil for skin care of the body, arms and legs
- Moisturizing bath
- Bath with patchouli oil for dermatitis and psoriasis
- Bath for hands
- Foot bath against sweating
- Massage with patchouli oil
- The magical properties of oil to attract money
- Patchouli essential oil as an aphrodisiac
- Where to buy, oil price
- Storage rules for patchouli oil
- Video on the topic: patchouli essential oil, properties and applications
Chemical properties of patchouli oil
Patchouli essential oil is a viscous, strong-smelling liquid of amber-red, brown or green color. The smell of patchouli is spicy, gives away woody notes and camphor.
The substance is soluble in 90% ethyl alcohol in a ratio of 1 to 10, in diethyl phthalate, benzyl benzoate, in vegetable and mineral fats. Glycerin and water are not solvents for extracting patchouli. The substance is resistant to slightly aggressive acids and alkalis.
The main element determining the composition of patchouli oil is called patchulol or patchouli alcohol. Depending on the concentration of patchouol, the quality of the oil is judged, the higher it is, the more valuable the product is considered. The most expensive varieties contain up to 30% patchouli alcohol.
The composition of patchouli oil is dominated by organic compounds of the sesquiterpenes group:
- benzoic aldehyde;
- alpha patchoulen;
These are fragrant substances that enhance and fix the spicy smell of ether. Eugenol, among other things, is a natural antibiotic.
Useful properties in cosmetology
Patchouli essential oil, whose healing properties are used in the preparation of cosmetics, regenerates the skin, heals abrasions, eliminates dry skin. Acne, enlarged pores and post-acne, characteristic of a transitional age, are noticeably reduced due to the correct use of this valuable product.
It is necessary to apply undiluted oil 2-3 times a day to the inflamed areas. The anti-aging effect is manifested in the fact that the skin with regular use becomes more dense, moisturized. Increased sweating of the legs, reduced turgor of the skin, cellulite – these phenomena are normalized or eliminated by procedures with patchouli essence.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The benefits of medicine
Patchouli extract has established itself in medicine due to a wide range of healing effects:
- Improving the endocrine system.
- Antiviral activity.
- Increased libido.
- Stop inflammatory processes in the body.
- Diuretic action.
- Antiallergenic effect.
- The general strengthening effect on the body.
Patchouli oil is mainly used in the treatment of skin diseases due to its high regenerative properties.
Oily essential substance is able to fight against diseases such as skin eczema, allergic dermatitis, anal fissures, foot mycoses. For colds, patchouli oil is added to the inhalation mixture, steam baths for the feet.
Enema with oil helps eliminate intestinal dysfunction. In dietetics, patchouli ether is used to normalize weight; its thick, heavy aroma reduces appetite. The fragrant components of the oil activate immunity. In the intimate sphere, patchouli is the strongest aphrodisiac that successfully solves the delicate problems of potency disturbance.
Indications for use
Patchouli ethereal extract is used in various fields of medicine, gynecology, cosmetology:
- Relieves the condition in diseases of the musculoskeletal system (arthritis, arthrosis, osteochondrosis).
- Enhances the body’s resistance to infectious diseases, has an antipyretic effect, is used for acute respiratory infections, flu, tonsillitis, colds.
- Stimulates the production of female and male sex hormones, corrects disorders of sexual function. Useful for impotence and frigidity.
- Effective for diseases of the genitourinary system. Used in gynecology for douching in the treatment of yeast infection (with tea tree oil).
- It has a preventive effect in case of mycosis, inhibits the growth of pathogenic microflora.
- It improves the condition of problem and aging skin, heals wounds from insect bites, reduces striae (stretch marks), and reduces hair loss.
- Beneficial effect on the nervous system, used in aromatherapy
Patchouli oil is contraindicated in the presence of an allergy to its fragrant components. Do not use oil for children under 3 years old, pregnant women, patients of a gastroenterologist. It is undesirable to exceed the recommended dosage of oil when preparing cosmetic preparations at home.
Hair patchouli oil
Instructions for use
Patchouli ethereal extract strengthens the hair follicles, promotes the growth of new hair, regulates the activity of the sebaceous glands, gives elasticity, and fights against dandruff.
Follow the rules:
- The drug with patchouli oil is distributed neatly along the parting.
- First, the other ingredients of the cosmetic product are prepared and mixed, and patchouli oil is introduced in the final.
- It is worth using wooden or plastic devices to avoid oxidative reactions.
- The base for the mask can be any base oil: peach, wheat germ, olive. The dosage must be observed.
Mask for strengthening hair follicles: recipe, usage pattern
The properties of patchouli essential oil as part of a firming mask are enhanced by interaction with other components and head massage. Massage promotes b
lood flow to the follicles.
- 2 tablespoon carrier oils (burdock, olive, shea butter);
- 5-6 drops of patchouli ether.
Burdock oil is the most powerful stimulator of hairline renewal. This component can be combined with another neutral carrier oil in the same proportion.
Preparation and use:
- Adding patchouli ether to the oil base, the resulting suspension is rubbed into the scalp. Previously, the hair is divided into partings. For 10-15 minutes, the mask is rubbed into the head with massage movements until it feels pleasant warmth.
- After the massage, a head is wrapped in a towel and the mask is left for half an hour. Then it is washed off with shampoo.
The procedure must be done 1-2 times a week for 3 months. During this period, hair loss will slow down, the hair will grow longer, and dormant bulbs will become more active.
Mask for oily hair
To make a mask, you need 1 yolk, 2 tablespoon. coconut oil, 3-4 drops of patchouli oil. Coconut oil contains hyaluronic acid, which moisturizes hair for a long time. The drug is applied to the entire scalp, including length.
To enhance the effect of the mask, a cellophane hat and towel are put on the head. This will create a greenhouse effect. The drug should work 1.5-2 hours.
It is necessary to ensure that the temperature of the water when washing off the mask is not too hot, otherwise the yolk will curl up and stain hair. Such masks are done once a week for 3-4 months. You should not abuse it, so as not to dry the hair at the ends.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
Face skin care oil
Patchouli essential oil works on all skin types:
- oily porous skin dries, reduces greasiness;
- sensitive skin soothes, relieves redness and peeling;
- dry smooths and nourishes;
- problem skin returns a well-groomed appearance;
- with age-related changes has a lifting effect.
A few drops of fragrant oil are added to the daily cream or make masks.
Nourishing mask for normal skin
Normal skin can be nourished with a mixture of melted cocoa butter and patchouli ether:
- A spoonful of cocoa butter is heated on low heat or in a water bath and mixed with 1 drop of ether.
- For half an hour, lie down calmly, allowing the mask to act on a previously cleansed face.
Essential Oil Ice Cubes Recipe
Production and use of ice cubes:
- For the manufacture of cosmetic ice in one glass of boiled warm water, 1 tablespoon. honey until completely dissolved.
- 4-5 drops of patchouli essential oil are mixed into the solution.
- Freeze in the usual way – with the help of a bath or separate containers for ice.
- Ice cubes are used as a facial massager during morning wash. This is the final procedure after cleansing the face. You need to drive the cube along the massage lines, without lingering for a long time in one zone, in order to prevent hypothermia.
- After ice-wiping, the remaining moisture is blotted with a napkin or towel.
This procedure tones up, gives a natural blush to the skin, smoothes wrinkles by stimulating blood circulation. It can be used instead of tonic before applying the cream.
Steam bath recipe for pore cleansing
A steam bath with patchouli oil opens pores well, prepares the skin for applying nourishing masks. For the manufacture of bathtubs, essential oils of patchouli, neroli and leuzea are taken. Dissolve the esters in 2 cups of hot water. Cover your head with a towel and tilt your face over a container with a fragrant mixture.
The duration of the procedure ranges from 5 to 10 minutes. The aromatic substances of this combination of oils soothe the nervous system and reduce stress. At the end of the procedure, the skin is allowed to dry naturally without towels.
Patchouli essential oil reveals its properties in the care of aging skin. Compose a combination of essential oils, taking 2 drops each: patchouli, geranium and rosemary. Mix with basic oil in a volume of 1 tablespoon. The carrier, as usual, can be any base oil, but it is preferable to take olive or peach.
The mixture is applied to the face for 20-25 minutes. If you want to enhance the effect of the mask, the drug is heated in a water bath to an acceptable temperature: it should not burn the skin. The heated oil substance opens the pores and penetrates deeper into the epidermis. During the action, a significant part of the oil is absorbed into the skin, and the residues are simply removed with a paper towel.
Mask for removing post-acne
For 0,34 fluid ounce of sesame seed oil, 5 drops of patchouli ethereal extract are taken. The essence is concentrated and applied pointwise to acne marks. With daily use, the result will be the fastest and most pronounced. Sesame oil removes toxins and harmful substances from the skin, accelerates the natural regeneration of the skin.
Patchouli oil for skin care of the body, arms and legs
The skin of the body and limbs is exposed to mic
rodamages daily, with the signs of which the patchouli aroma oil procedures: massages and baths can successfully cope.
To give the skin of the body velvety and hydrated take a bath with a few drops of patchouli ether. Such a bath increases skin turgor (with regular use at least 1 time per week). You can diversify the procedure by adding other essential essences to your own taste.
Foot baths are prepared according to the same principle, only the concentration of essential oil should be less. The tool helps with hyperhidrosis of the feet. Hand bath strengthens nails, rejuvenates the skin. Massage with the essence of a resinous plant tones the muscles, removes excess fluid from the tissues, improves mood.
Bath with patchouli oil for dermatitis and psoriasis
Patchouli essential oil shows healing properties in the fight against dermatitis and psoriasis. Oil (10 drops) is poured into warm water with a temperature of about 30 gr. and dedicate the water procedure for 20 minutes. The event relieves peeling of the skin, facilitates the course of psoriasis, with regular use contributes to the remission of the disease.
Bath for hands
Washing hands with high-quality soap and moisturizing cream is not enough to improve the skin. A bath for hands helps to level the signs of skin aging, improves color, strengthens nails.
The composition is extremely simple – 3 drops of patchouli ether and 2 drops of any other essential oil are dissolved in water of comfortable temperature. To strengthen the nails, the aromatic oil is simply rubbed into the nail plates undiluted. This self-massage oil prepares cuticles for subsequent removal and prevents the delamination of nails.
Foot bath against sweating
Folk remedies using essential oils help to gently eliminate sweating of the legs without side effects. The bath is done like this: 5 drops of patchouli oil are poured into warm water.
Rules for taking a foot bath against hyperhidrosis:
- the best time to take a bath is before bedtime;
- it is necessary to wash your feet thoroughly and treat with pumice;
- withstand water temperature not hotter than 40 gr .;
- 15 minutes are enough to get the effect;
- at the end of the procedure, wipe the feet dry and apply a fat foot cream, preferably with oak bark in the composition, put on cotton socks.
Massage with patchouli oil
To prepare a massage mixture for 5 drops of ether patchouli take 3 tablespoon. carrier oil. Patchouli essence effectively fights postpartum stretch marks, reduces stress, activates metabolic processes in tissues.
Patchouliol ester helps women in the fight against cellulite. It is necessary in 1,01 fluid ounce of neutral oil (linseed, olive, apricot) to drip 4 times the esters of grapefruit, patchouli and lemon.
This combination works effectively due to the fact that the selected oils enhance the effect of each other. Citrus oils promote fat burning, smooth the “orange peel”, patchouli ether strengthens the lymph flow and activates skin regeneration.
To achieve a lasting result, anti-cellulite massage should be carried out regularly, if possible daily, but at least 3 times a week . Massage problem areas should be circular motions from the bottom up towards the heart. It is important to observe the principles of a healthy diet, drink plenty of fluids.
The magical properties of oil to attract money
Patchouli oil has the essential properties of magic according to the science of Feng Shui. This fragrant substance, subject to certain rules, can attract wealth.
It is recommended to lubricate banknotes in the wallet and bank cards with patchouli oil. It is believed that this activates monetary energy.
You can charge a bottle of aromatic oil with the energy of your desires. To do this, hold the bottle in the palms of your hands for 5 minutes, presenting your dream come true as bright as possible. It is advisable to hear sounds, smells, experience a sense of glee.
Together with the warmth of the hands, the subtle energy of desire will pass into the oil, which will work to attract material wealth. You can imagine anything – buying an apartment, a new position with a high salary, winning the lottery.
Another way to raise money involves a ritual with a candle. A red candle, smeared with patchouli ether, is lit closer to midnight on the growing moon for 7 days. The candle should burn completely. It is advisable at this time to look at the flame and imagine the execution of the plan.
This tool is a powerful magic ritual in which 3 forces are combined together: the power of fire, the power of patchouli oil and the power of materialization of desire.
An effective way to increase money luck is the daily use of money soap. To prepare it, a few drops of patchouli essential oil are dripped into a bottle of liquid soap. When washing hands, you need to think about the desired material things.
How to use patchouli oil to attract money:
Patchouli essential oil as an aphrodisiac
The warm sensual aroma of patchouli subtly affects the sense of smell of both partners, causing sexual excitement. In the East, it is believed that inhaling the smell of patchouli opens the sexual chakra, allowing energy to flow freely throughout the body. The regular use of aromatic oils in a romantic setting establishes an intimate sphere, fights sexual impotence in men and female coldness.
Those who want to diversify their sex life use patchouli ether as an aphrodisiac:
|Erotic Sensual Massage||A mixture for exciting massage is prepared from a combination of essential essences of cedar, sandalwood and patchouli. These substances in a volume of 3 drops are combined with 0,68 fluid ounce of carrier oil.|
|Bath||2 cups of milk and 6-7 drops of aromatic oil are added to the bath. Instead of milk, you can use sea salt.|
|Indoor aroma spray||Recipe for aromaspray with patchouli: take a spoonful of vodka or alcohol, 6 tablespoons of pure water, 5-10 drops of essential oil. Dissolve the oil in alcohol, mix with water and pour the resulting liquid into a spray bottle. You can spray on the edges of bedding or in the air.|
|Use instead of perfume||To give the body an exciting aroma, oil is applied pointwise over the earlobes, in the neckline and bikini. Attention! It is necessary to check the skin for the absence of allergic reactions – apply a drop of oil on the wrist and in a day make sure that there are no redness and itching.|
|Scented lamp||Pure patchouli concentrate or a combination with other oils (rose, sandalwood, grapefruit) is used for an aromatic lamp.|
Where to buy, oil price
It is important to consider that the market is replete with fakes of natural essential oils. It is better to acquire a valuable essence from trusted manufacturers. Unscrupulous suppliers add preservatives, replace natural components with chemical ones to reduce the cost of production.
In oils that are “identical to natural”, there can be no benefit, on the contrary, their use for cosmetic purposes can cause severe allergies and dermatitis. Therefore, before buying it is worth spending a couple of minutes to study the composition.
There must be an inscription about 100% naturalness. There is only one component in real patchouli essential oil – the oil itself.
The price for the essence of patchouli varies from $ 0,95 – $ 40,8. per 0,34 fluid ounce. Do not be too seduced by the low price, most often this indicates falsification or a low percentage of patchouol.
The average price for a bottle of quality oil starts at about $ 2,72. You can buy the drug either online in online stores or in the usual way through the pharmacy network (patchouli oil is found in almost every pharmacy), specialized departments in hypermarkets, shops selling esoteric accessories, and natural cosmetics stores.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Storage rules for patchouli oil
The resinous patchouli oil retains its healing properties at room temperature. Not all manufacturers indicate shelf life due to the fact that this product can be stored for decades and mature over time, like a noble wine.
The inscriptions on the labels of a number of manufacturers indicate a storage period of 2 years, but subject to simple rules, the life of the oil increases indefinitely.
- It is advisable to purchase bottles of dark glass – this is the first rule to extend the shelf life of all essential oils.
- Bright light is detrimental to patchouli aroma oil, causing it to oxidize.
- But you should not keep a bottle in the refrigerator – the oil will freeze due to its thick dense consistency.
Patchouli essential oil exhibits properties with regular use, so you do not need to wait for an instant result.
You should be patient and follow the schemes described in the article, only in this case you can count on serious sustainable improvements.
Video on the topic: patchouli essential oil, properties and applications
Properties and uses of patchouli essential oil: