Neat curls and mischievous curls are often necessary to create a high festive hairstyle or to style your hair well before a romantic date. Thermal curlers are suitable for fast straight hair curls, and since there are several types of such devices, you should figure out how to use them in each individual case.
- What is a hair curler
- How to use classic thermal hair curlers
- How to use electric curlers
- How to use a microwave hair curler
- How much to keep a hair curler on hair
- Precautions and rules of use
- How to curl with a hair curler long hair
- How to curl medium length hair on a hair curler
- Curl for short hair with a hair curler
- Which thermal curlers to choose – firms
- How to curl classic curls
- How to curl elastic waves
- How to curl small curls
- Video on how to use curlers
What is a hair curler
Thermal curlers or hot curlers – a tool for curling hair. They resemble ordinary curlers in appearance, but differ from them in that they heat up and transmit heat to the hair. Structurally, they look like cylinders, inside filled with paraffin, and on top consisting of plastic.
Thanks to the use of paraffin, hair rollers contribute to uniform heating of the hair in a twisted state, as a result, the efficiency of fixation of curls increases. The device gives the most lasting effect.
According to the principle of using thermal curlers, they are divided into:
- Classic heat rollers heated in boiling water. This technology has been known for several decades. Using such curlers is cheap, but not very convenient, because in the process it is easy to burn your fingers.
- Electric curlers. They are connected to the network and heated on a special stand in 5 minutes. Fingers cannot be burned, and the result is obtained after 20 minutes. More expensive models have the function of protection against overheating.
Microwaves heated by microwave. Such devices are manufactured by Harizma and Sibel. To warm up, the devices are placed in the microwave and turn on the maximum power for 30-180 seconds (depending on the number of curlers).
The more curlers in diameter, the larger the curls will turn out.
- Big ones. Suitable for curling long hair and creating beach curls.
- Medium. The most universal. They are actively used to create holiday hairstyles and romantic hairstyles.
- Small ones. Suitable for creating elastic curls.
The appearance of curls to some extent depends on the material from which the curlers are made:
- Aluminum. Now such models are practically not used, since they damage hair.
- Teflon or ceramic. Provide gentle heating. Suitable for curling brittle and weak hair.
- On flock and velor. Evenly warm up and transfer heat to the hair. the curls are natural and neat, and the curling process itself does little harm to the hair.
- With ionization function. Impossible to overdry curls. Hair looks like after a conditioner.
Structurally, hair curlers can be:
- With spikes. Designed for curling classic curls.
- Spiraling. With their help make tight neat curls.
Having understood the classification of thermal curlers, how to use them, it is easy to choose the optimal set and create the desired styling.
How to use classic thermal hair curlers
To use the classic curlers, it is necessary to remove the clamps from the cylinders, put all the devices in a pan and pour already hot water. Then put the pan on fire, bring the water to a boil and heat the curlers in boiling water for 10 minutes.
Then the water is drained and begin to curl. The curlers are left on the hair for a while, but not less than 10 minutes and no more than 30. Then they are carefully removed, straightened with ringlets with your fingers and sprayed with hair spray.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How to use electric curlers
Electric curlers are sold in a tray, which you need to use for heating. The appliance is switched on in the network, after 5-10 minutes (if there is a function of heating indication, the corresponding indication will indicate the readiness of the device), as soon as the curlers are heated, they begin to curl.
Professionals advise removing each cylinder to close the lid of the tray with curlers so as not to cool them.
How to use a microwave hair curler
Remove the clamps from the curlers, put the rollers on a dish and put in the microwave. They set the maximum mode and heat up for 1-2 minutes (if necessary, the time can be increased). Then wind the hair like a regular curler.
How much to keep a hair curler on hair
The exposure time depends entirely on the desired effect:
- If you plan to make light waves, then just keep the curlers on your hair for 10 minutes. But when curling long hair, it is recommended to add another 5 minutes.
- To achieve contrasting large curls, curlers hold 20 minutes.
- To get persistent small curls you need to keep curlers for 30 minutes, especially if the hair is long.
- On short hair, you can keep the rollers for only 15 minutes, since there is not much hair, they will quickly warm up.
If you leave the curlers on your hair for a longer time, you get too cool curls, which are then difficult to straighten.
Precautions and rules of use
- Hot curlers should not be kept on your hair for too long – more than 30 minutes. It harms the condition of the hair. It follows that you cannot leave curlers on your head at night.
- The curling rollers should be handled with care, as the work surface can leave a burn when it comes into contact with the skin.
- For storage, the product is cleaned after complete cooling. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use hot curlers if the hair i
s damaged, overdried.
- When winding the strands, one should observe the measure by pulling them. Due to excessively strong tension, the nutrition of the hair follicles is disturbed.
- Electric curlers must not be used in damp areas. Accordingly, water must be avoided and not stored in the bathroom.
- Using curlers is not recommended more than 2 times a week. In addition, when using it is necessary to apply a thermal protective agent to the hair.
- Do not overheat curlers. More heat will not make the hair more durable, but only spoil the hair.
- The winding of the hair must be done carefully, without creases, inward, with some tension.
- First, curls are curled large, and after curling they are divided into smaller locks.
- In addition, it is impossible to dry hair wound on a thermal hair curler.
- Curlers can be twisted to the very roots, and only the tips.
- It is better to curl your hair if you use conditioner after washing your hair.
- Perm is done on slightly damp hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to curl with a hair curler long hair
When choosing the size of curlers, it is more correct to adhere to the principle: the longer the hair, the larger the diameter of the device.
This principle is followed when curling long hair:
- Styling is carried out on clean hair. Therefore, the head must first be washed using a balm or conditioner at the final stage.
- Then a thermal protective agent is applied to the hair.
- The hair is divided into 3 zones: the crown is selected with a U-shaped part, a vertical part is made in the back and the side parts are again vertically divided into two equal sections.
- Fasten hair with clips.
- Curling begins with the parietal zone in the direction from the forehead to the back of the head.
- Separate the strands with straight partings and wind them on curlers.
- Then go to the curl of the side parts. Curlers should be parallel to the floor.
- Spray hair spray on the hair.
- After no more than 30 minutes, the curlers are carefully removed, starting from the parietal zone in the order in which the winding was performed.
- The resulting curls are disassembled by hands and fixed with hairspray.
A quick way of laying involves the following actions:
- All hair is collected in a high tail and fixed with clerical gum.
- Apply foam for styling.
- Break the hair from the tail into several strands.
- Wind them on curlers.
- After the set time, the rollers are removed.
- Cut the elastic and style the hair by hand.
How to curl medium length hair on a hair curler
The process looks approximately the same as for long hair:
- Make the same parting, dividing the hair into 3 zones. The temporal-occipital zones are divided into two vertical partitions.
- For curling, curlers choose a smaller diameter.
- Before curling, it is recommended to moisten the hair a little to achieve more effective curls, otherwise a noticeable result will not work on a short length.
- Professionals recommend applying hairspray to the basal area.
- After removal, the device should separate the curls with your fingers and work with wax to give strands structurality.
Curl for short hair with a hair curler
Waving is performed according to the above instructions, given that on short hair, you can use both medium-diameter and small-sized hair curlers. A larger diameter will give the effect of volume, curls will not turn out very pronounced, the strands will look like rounded curls.
Small curlers will help to create dense structural pronounced curls. Devices on short hair is recommended to keep the maximum possible time – 30 minutes. After removing the curlers, the hair is not combed, but is laid by hand.
Which thermal curlers to choose – firms
About the materials, the size was already said at the beginning of the article, it is now necessary to figure out which manufacturers produce decent models of electric curlers.
Babyliss This manufacturer produces high-quality heat curlers. Due to this, professionals liked their products and are often used in beauty salons. The advantage of Babyliss hair curlers is the convenience of choosing devices for each curling option.
The Babyliss set includes rollers of several diameters at once, both large and small, which allows you to vary the diameter of the curls, depending on the desire, without acquiring an additional set for this. Accordingly, curlers from this manufacturer are suitable for curling hair of different lengths. Cost – $ 25.
Philips Buyers note that the thermal curlers of this company are of good quality at a moderate cost. The kit includes several rollers of different diameters, classic clips, crabs, gloves to protect hands from burns. The coating of the rollers is ceramic; there is an ionization function. The price of the set is $ 15.
Remington One of the best manufacturers of such equipment for hair. A popular model is the KF40E electric curler, which has a Teflon protective coating. Despite the high price, the model is popular and collects positive reviews. The lineup contains many models with the ionization function. The price is $ 40.
Valera. Thermal curlers that professionals will appreciate. Positive feedback was especially noted model with protection against overheating. These hair curlers curl hair very carefully, convenient to use due to the presence of spikes that prevent hair from slipping. The set costs $ 50.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to curl classic curls
Classic curls are made both with the help of hot curlers of a
traditional model, and with the help of electrical devices:
- While the curlers heat up, the hair is treated with a light fixation varnish.
- Hair prepared for styling should be absolutely dry.
- Separate hair into 3 zones – the parietal and two lateral.
- First, wind the hair in the parietal zone, starting from the forehead.
- For more accurate curls, you need to separate the strands with a rectangular parting. A more natural look will turn out if you do it randomly and place the curlers not one after another, but in an arbitrary order.
- Having twisted a lock, fix it with a clip.
- Side zones are being worked out, starting from the top.
- Before removing the curlers, spray the entire structure with varnish.
- Then you can remove the fixtures and form a hairstyle.
How to curl elastic waves
- Curlers are prepared for work: either plug into a power outlet or boil in a pan.
- In the meantime, fixing mousse is applied to the hair, having previously rubbed it in the palms.
- Hair must be dry.
- Break the entire mass of hair into 3 zones, as in the previous case.
- Twist the central part of the hair, starting from the bangs.
- In different areas, you can use curlers of different diameters, for example, smaller ones on the crown and larger ones on the back of the head.
- After twisting the strands to the end, you need to treat the hair with a varnish of easy fixation.
- After 20 minutes, the curlers are carefully removed and stacked the resulting wave.
- The styled hairstyle is additionally fixed with mousse.
How to curl small curls
To create such a hairstyle you need curlers of small diameter:
- Heated curlers.
- Spray the hair with medium fixation varnish.
- Zoning hair – 3 sections are distinguished, similar to the previous options.
- When winding, the curlers are placed vertically, and the layers of strands are laid not on top of each other, but next to each other.
- The strands should be thin.
- Curlers are placed perpendicular to the floor, and not in parallel, as in previous cases.
- After 20 minutes, the rollers are removed, hair gel is applied, and then varnish.
- Do not comb.
Thermal curlers allow you to quickly create both small curls and light waves. They are indispensable if there is little time for laying, and it is not difficult to learn how to use them. It is enough to follow the instructions provided.
Video on how to use curlers
Wax-based heat rollers. Volumetric curls with their help:
How to curl hair beautifully on a hair curler: