Girls with brittle nails often face the fact that they can not grow them. There are various tools and methods that will tell you how to quickly solve this problem.
- Oil for the nail plate
- Masks for nail growth in a week
- Paraffin therapy
- Nail Sealing Wax
- Gel polish strengthening
- Pharmaceutical products for strengthening and growth of nails
- Vitamins for strengthening and growth of nails
- Professional nail boosters
- Foods to include in your diet
- Video on how to quickly grow nails
Oil for the nail plate
Strengthening nails include oils. Ready-made complex mixtures can be bought at a cosmetics store. Another option is the independent use of aromatic and essential oils.
For the prevention of stratification of the nail plate and its strengthening, oils obtained from the following plants are most suitable:
- castor oil plant;
- tea tree;
- peach tree bones;
- sweet almonds;
When preparing a mixture for nails at home, you must adhere to this recipe: 0,51 fluid ounce of the base oil (for example, jojoba, olive, coconut) accounts for about 8-10 drops of 1 or more aromatic oils.
Oil is applied to all 10 nails after thorough cleansing of the hands. In the purchased products there is a pipette or brush that contribute to a more convenient process of using oil.
After the substance is on the nail plate, you need to usd the oil with your fingertips into it, as well as into the cuticle.
After this, the substance should remain on the skin and nails for another 5-10 minutes, and after this time you can wash your hands again.
This procedure can be carried out even if there is regular varnish or shellac on the nails: the oil will still have a moisturizing and nourishing effect both on the skin near the nails and on the cuticle itself.
How to grow nails quickly interested in girls in whom they often break. Special oils will certainly help to cope with this problem.
In order for the effect of the use of firming oils to become visible, they will have to be applied systematically. The best option is to apply oil to your nails daily in the evenings.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Massage nails is usually combined with the use of oils, creams and baths for the hands. Thanks to this procedure, microcirculation of blood is enhanced, due to which substances absorbed from oils are activated much faster.
- Nail massage should be performed daily, for 3-5 minutes. in a day.
- To do this, you need to use a special brush, which is used by manicurists. An ordinary toothbrush will do.
- The tool must be soaped, and then the brush needs to be moved along the nail, performing circular movements.
- On each finger you need to stop for 20-30 seconds. You do not need to press hard on the nails and the skin around them with a brush.
- It is important to note that before massage it is necessary to remove the varnish from the nails.
Often this procedure is combined with the usual massage of the palms of the hands. In this case, palms are massaged first, then all fingers separately, then the skin that is located around the nail (doing this, you do not need to exert high pressure on this area). You can also perform stroking (the movement goes from the fingertips to the base of the brush, which is near the joint), knead the brush with the opposite hand.
There are other massage elements that stimulate the growth and strengthening of nails: you can press each fingernail with the fingertips or slightly pull the nail in the direction where it grows with the fingers of your free hand.
Masks for nail growth in a week
How to grow nails quickly, you can understand when using masks designed for nails daily. Their main function is nutrition, hydration and strengthening of the nail plate, as well as the skin area around the nails.
When using masks, you need to leave the substance on the skin for up to 15 minutes, then wash your hands with warm water.
It is important that during the procedure the nails or shellac are not applied to the nails, because otherwise the colored coating will create a kind of barrier that will prevent the ingress of vitamin substances into the nail plate. All masks should be prepared immediately before use, otherwise the useful properties of the components of the product may become weaker.
The following are the ingredients that can be used to prepare masks for nail growth:
- iodine – it should be used no more than 2 times a week, and it is advisable to apply this tool on the nails in the evening, before bedtime. The characteristic yellowish color that iodine gives to the nails will almost completely disappear by morning;
- ? a teaspoon (pinch) of red pepper + 10 drops of hot water + 1 small tablespoons of fatty nourishing cream;
- 1 glass of water + 1 large tablespoons of sea salt + 2-6 drops of iodine;
- warmed olive oil;
- lemon juice (2 pieces of lemon can be used);
- ? cups of warm water + 1 small spoons of gelatin;
- 1 large tablespoons of mustard powder + water + a small amount of honey.
In some cases (for example, when using lemon), it is necessary to additionally care for the skin of the hands after applying the mask. To do this, after the procedure, you need to smear your hands with a nourishing cream to prevent the occurrence of dryness, irritation and other unpleasant sensations.
Nail trays are important to apply systematically. You need to use them 2-3 times a week. In this case, the general course of the procedures should last 1-3 months. Only in this case the baths will be most effective.
After using the bath, it is important to apply a nourishing, moisturizing cream to the skin near the nails. Thanks to this, the skin will not be irritated, but, on the contrary, will calm down.
Ingredients for baths:
- The easiest option for a nail strengthening bath is with sea salt. The proportion is as follows: 2 cups of warm water accounts for 1 large tablespoon of salt. You can also use iodized salt or simply add 1-2 drops of iodine to the bath for greater effect.
- Citrus fruits are a great ingredient to make nails stronger. In a half-filled glass of warm water, you need to add about 3,38 fluid ounce of the juice of oranges, lemons or other citrus fruits.
- Nail trays can also be made using essential oils, medicinal herbs. So, to 0,1 gallon of boiled water you
need to add 5-10 drops of oil. Essential oils of lemon, tea tree, mint, chamomile are suitable.
In general, the whole procedure should last only 5-10 minutes, depending on the concentration of active substances in the solution.
Paraffin therapy has several useful properties:
- moisturizing and nourishing the skin of the hands;
- elimination of minor skin damage, irritation;
- nail strengthening.
How to grow nails quickly, if an important event is approaching, business women want to know. This salon service will help in solving such a problem. However, making the procedure at home is also not difficult.
Before conducting paraffin therapy, it is important to make sure that a person does not have one of the contraindications: hypertension, severe inflammation, open, bleeding wounds, heart attack, angina pectoris, diabetes, etc.
The main material for paraffin therapy is cosmetic paraffin. You can melt it in a water bath or in a special device – a paraffin bath. It is important to keep in mind that the liquid state of aggregation of paraffin only lasts 20 minutes, so you need to have time to do all the necessary actions for this period of time.
The procedure is as follows:
- Before you apply paraffin to your hands, you should treat them with a scrub, nourishing cream or other means.
- After this, you should lower your hands in molten paraffin (at the same time its temperature should not be too high) for 5-10 seconds, pull them out and lower them again, continuing this cycle until dense wax gloves form on the hands.
- There is another method of application – a special brush. However, in this case, it is understood that the procedure is performed not alone, but with an assistant.
- After paraffin is on the surface of the hands, you need to wear plastic gloves. If there are none, wrap the brushes with cling film.
- Special thermal gloves are put on over.
- After 20-30 minutes gloves, film or polyethylene are removed, and the paraffin layer is carefully removed.
- The procedure time can be adjusted depending on personal feelings. This is especially true for owners of sensitive skin.
- To soothe the skin after the procedure, you can re-treat it with a moisturizer.
The course for strengthening nails consists of 10 such procedures, although the results can be visible after the 1st of them.
Cosmetology experts recommend paraffin therapy no more than 1 time in 2-3 weeks.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Nail Sealing Wax
As you can see from the name of the procedure, the essence of sealing nails is rubbing wax into them and subsequent polishing, which contributes to rapid growth. After several sessions, a membrane will form on the nail plate, which will protect against harmful external influences. Specialists in the field of nail care are advised to repeat this procedure every 2 weeks.
Most often, wax sealing of nails is practiced in salons, but if desired, you can conduct such a session at home. The basis for sealing nails is a special composition that contains beeswax.
Specialty stores sell a nail sealing system consisting of 2 phases: cream, fortified oil, a brush for applying cream with wax and a nail file that uses 3 different sides.
Technique of the procedure:
- After steaming hands and manicure, a cream containing beeswax and other useful components is applied to the nails.
- It is imperative to touch the free edge, as well as the inside of the overgrown nail.
- Then you need to file slightly on the nails with a nail file, polishing them.
- After that, you can apply a special oil and polish your nails again.
- After the procedure is completed, you can apply a colored coating with varnish, because thanks to the protective layer of wax, the nail will be much less damaged, which means it will be better preserved and grow.
Gel polish strengthening
Contrary to popular belief, shellac itself does not have a detrimental effect on nails. The only problem is mechanical damage, which is applied at the preparatory stage before applying the layers of gel polish. To extend the period of manicure and grow nails, before applying the color layer, you can carry out the procedure of strengthening with gel polish, or more precisely – with acrylic powder.
It is important to note that in this case there is no benefit for nails, that is, they do not absorb any vitamin and mineral complexes. It is rather an artificial reinforcement that provides additional protection to the nail plate.
Technique of execution:
- First you need to prepare your nails in accordance with all the rules: make a trimmed or European manicure, sand the nail plate, apply a primer and 1 coat of base coat.
- Then you need to make another 1 layer of the base, but before you put your hands in the lamp, you need to sprinkle each nail with special acrylic powder (this can be done using a fan brush or a pusher).
- Only then can you dry your nails, and the remaining particles of powder should be removed with a brush, orange stick or any other convenient tool.
- Since the powder can form some small irregularities, apply another thin layer of the base and dry it.
In addition to acrylic powder, you can use other strengthening coatings, such as gel (used more often for building) and biogel (needed to strengthen natural, natural nails). These funds are applied in front of the base layer. Typically, about 2 thin layers of gel are required, but this characteristic may depend on the particular agent.
The following are the brands that produce the best tools for artificial nail strengthening, which allows you to grow them:
- Masura gel (exists in different colors);
- In’Garden gel;
- Entity Gel
- In’Garden Biogel;
- Masura Biogel;
- TNL biogel;
- acrylic powder CND;
- acrylic powder RuNail;
- Acrylic powder In’Garden.
Pharmaceutical products for strengthening and growth of nails
Many tools that are useful to accelerate the growth of nails, prevent them from breaking and exfoliating, can be bought at the pharmacy. So, for example, most of the ingredients for baths, masks and other procedures are sold in such establishments: iodine, sea salt, cosmetic paraffin.
There are other substances that are biological additives or even medicines:
- Some effervescent tablets and capsules from the Doppelherz Asset series are designed to improve nails and hair. They contain zinc, vitamins B5, B6 and H (biotin), unsaturated fatty acids (omega-3). For 2 months you need to take 1 tablet per day with meals.
- The yeast extract contained in the Merz Special Dragee has a beneficial effect on the condition of nails and hair. In addition, the tablets also contain other useful substances: amino acids, vitamins A, E, B1, B12, B5, B6, so that the person using this remedy will not suffer from vitamin deficiencies. Use tablets twice a day.
- The complex of vitamin and mineral substances Complivit Radiance is specially designed to improve the condition of hair, nails and skin. Among the active substances is green tea tree extract, a combination of several vitamins. Thanks to a well-developed formula, the product has an antioxidant effect, increases the rate of skin cell regeneration, and mobilizes the protective properties of the body.
Vitamins for strengthening and growth of nails
A lack of vitamins in the body can lead to a decline in immunity and many other problems, including weakening of the nails, their stratification, thinning and frequent breakdown.
To correct the situation, it is necessary to restore the balance of necessary vitamins, minerals and other useful substances in the body:
- Retinol (Vitamin A) goes well with Vitamin E, acting as a defense against free radicals that adversely affect the body’s cells.
- Vitamin D appears in the body from skin contact with sunlight. Thanks to this vitamin, calcium and some other trace elements are better absorbed.
- Vitamin C contributes to the activation of the body’s immune and antioxidative functions, and also has a strong influence on the synthesis of various hormones and even collagen, which directly affects the condition of hair and teeth.
- The so-called group B combines 8 vitamins and 3 vitamin-like substances. The most important functions for accelerating the growth and strengthening of nails are performed by vitamins B5, B6, PP, B7, B9 and B12.
- Calcium regulates the metabolic process, and also affects the degree of strength of nails. It is good to use products that simultaneously contain not only calcium, but also magnesium.
- With a normal iodine content in the body, nails, hair and other body tissues become more healthy. In addition, this trace element improves blood circulation.
- Magnesium not only improves brain activity, but also is responsible for the production of energy by cells. With a lack of this energy, nails simply can not actively grow.
- Zinc is another natural antioxidant. It regulates the growth of nails and hair, and also contributes to the beneficial effect of vitamins A and E, activating them.
- Iron protects the body against infections, and also enhances the action of vitamin B. It is important to understand that to absorb iron, you need to use vitamin C and maintain the balance of other trace elements (for example, copper).
Biological nutritional supplements of companies such as:
- Doppelherz Aktiv;
- Vitrum Beauty;
- Lady’s Formula;
- Perfectil Plus;
Professional nail boosters
How to grow nails quickly, if there is no way to independently prepare home remedies, experts in the field of manicure and cosmetology will tell. Professional tools help strengthen, improve nails.
- nourishing and vitamin creams for both hands and damaged nails (for example, Mavala);
- Clever Enamel – an affordable tool, which includes various vitamins, collagen and proteins, and it is available in the form of a clear varnish;
- growth activator from Phytocosmetics, which is a fatty butter that is rubbed into the nails and cuticles;
- an activator from Eveline, which is applied to the nails in the same way as ordinary transparent varnish;
- Sally Hansen Maximum Growth, which can be applied even under colored varnish, while the manufacturer promises that the results will appear after a week of application;
- Mavaderma from the Mavala brand is a nail oil that nourishes and moisturizes the cuticle.
The advantage of such professional tools that accelerate the growth of nails is that their use in most cases does not require prior consultation with a doctor. Most often, the course of use of these drugs is 1 month, and the effect can be seen even at the first time of use.
Foods to include in your diet
Vitamins and minerals enter the body not only through the use of biological additives, but also naturally through food. The table below lists not only useful products, but also their properties.
|The product’s name||Its useful properties|
|Fish||It is rich in proteins that help the formation of collagen and keratin.|
|Almond||It contains magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper, selenium, biotin and proteins.|
|Eggs||Biotin, proteins, vitamins D and E, omega-3 contained in chicken eggs strengthen nails.|
|Blueberries||This berry is a natural antioxidant.|
|Milk||Source of calcium. Some brands release this product in fortified form: the vitamin D contained in it contributes to better absorption of calcium.|
In view of the above, it can be noted that for the health of nails you need to apply a whole range of methods, so that the nails will grow faster and will look healthier.
Video on how to quickly grow nails
What should be done to grow long nails in a week: