Underarm sweating is a natural process, but in modern conditions it causes aesthetic discomfort. To avoid inconvenience, the problem must be disposed of.
- Why armpits sweat so much
- Is it possible to get rid of sweating at home
- Recipes for folk remedies for sweating on herbs.
- How to cure excessive sweating with essential oils
- Prescriptions from pharmacy and store preparations
- Potassium permanganate
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Boric acid
- Tar soap
- Powder with talcum powder
- Pharmacy products
- Pasta Teymurova
- Antibacterial Hand Gel
- Urotropin (ampoules)
- Aluminum chloride
- AntiToxin Nano
- DIY deodorant
- Powder deodorant
- Powder on oak bark
- Video on ways to get rid of sweaty armpits
Why armpits sweat so much
Hyperhidrosis can indicate a serious illness or an inborn feature of the body.
In the first case, underarm sweating may occur due to:
- disorders of the thyroid gland and nervous system;
- improper metabolism;
- oncological diseases.
Simple remedies for sweat will not help here, you will need to first cure the underlying disease, after consulting with a specialist. With congenital excessive sweating, there is no threat to health, the main thing is to know how to cope with such a nuisance in everyday life so that the problem does not become pathological.
Is it possible to get rid of sweating at home
How to get rid of sweating armpits independently will tell you a lot of different means. Begin by changing your daily habits.
- Accustom to take a shower at least twice a day. Stressful situations and physical exertion require additional showering. Useful if it will be contrasting;
- refuse coffee and alcohol, too spicy and spicy foods that affect the smell and intensity of sweat;
- Wear clothing made from natural fibers only. Synthetics do not let air in, provokes increased sweating and for a long time retains a pungent odor;
- take vitamins and infusions of medicinal herbs, many of which are part of external folk remedies for sweat.
Recipes for folk remedies for sweating on herbs.
To get rid of sweating armpits will help such means as:
|Means||Features of preparation and use|
|Peppermint infusion||1. 1 large tablespoons of dry grass pour 1 tablespoon. boiling water.
2. Let the infusion stand for half an hour.
Wipe in the armpits with a cotton pad
|Camomile tea||1. 6 tablespoon of flowers pour 0,5 gallon of boiling water.
2. Insist 1 hour
3. Add 2 tablespoon of plain baking soda.
Use to wipe the skin in the armpit
|Tea mushroom||Liquid from it can be used as a deodorant. For this, a clean body should be wiped with tea infusion. You need to do this 2 times a day|
|Black tea||In the fight against armpit sweating, it is best to use loose leaf tea. Wipe with a strong tea under the armpits 3 times a day. Changes are felt after a week, and after 2-3 – the problem of unpleasant odor disappears|
|Bath with willow, sage or oak bark||They have no contraindications, except for individual intolerance.
For 13,2 gallon of water you will need different proportions of tinctures:
Take any bath for half an hour without abusing: a maximum of 1 time per week
|Armpit Rinse||You can use a decoction of chamomile, diluted half with baking soda. After such a rinse, the problem area can be wiped with lemon juice|
|Herb hemorrhage officinalis||1. 1 large tablespoons of dry raw materials pour 1 tablespoon. boiling water.
2. Insist 1 hour
Use for rubdowns and lotions
|Cold compress||Cold narrows the pores, but it should be used with caution due to the high sensitivity of the armpit: apply no more than 5 minutes.|
Folk remedies that are permissible for internal use are as follows:
- tea collection from linden, St. John’s wort, lemon balm and dried cinnamon. You can brew in any way, use with lemon. With high nervousness, you can add a dry root of valerian;
- collection based on chamomile, lemon balm, sage, peony evading. Herbs can be mixed with a pinch of green tea and drunk during the day as desired. The main thing to remember: peony in the composition has a weak hypnotic effect;
- dried rose hips with honey. Rosehip is steamed in a thermos for half an hour before use.
Using any folk remedies, it is necessary to remember sweating as a possible symptom of serious diseases, so preliminary consultation with the therapist and endocrinologist is mandatory.
How to cure excessive sweating with essential oils
How to get rid of underarm sweating with essential oils is known not only among the people, but also in cosmetology. Many antiperspirants use esters as an active ingredient.
To solve the problem of hyperhidrosis, oils with antiseptic properties are mainly used – those that can kill microorganisms that multiply in sweating places and that contribute to the speedy elimination of unpleasant odors. They narrow the pores, minimizing perspiration and improving blood circulation in the armpit.
From essential oils you can use:
- tea tree.
They should be applied to the sweating area with soft rubbing movements, a few drops are enough for 1 session. You can use 1 drop of each of these oils, because their aromas are combined, and each of them has its own principle of action. To solve the problem, 1 week of regular sessions of soft massage is enough.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
Prescriptions from pharmacy and store preparations
In the pharmacy you can find simple and affordable means that cope with the problem of increased sweating effectively.
Potassium permanganate or potassium permanganate is an affordable and inexpensive tool. To solve the problem of armpit sweating, you need to dilute the powder in water in proportion so that it acquires a slightly pink hue.
Ready solution should be 3-4 times to wipe the sweating area. This allows you to narrow the pores and neutralize the unpleasant odor. Also, manganese has a devastating effect on the hair follicles, which with regular and prolonged use will allow you to forget about shaving.
It acts as an antiperspirant. For the procedure, a normal solution will not work, you need to take a soft 3%, apply it on a cotton pad and wipe the skin. You can do this several times a day, reducing the amount of fluid secreted by the body and getting rid of the unpleasant odor.
This simple tool is used in diluted form, taking half a glass of water for 1 small tablespoons. The ready-made solution is used to wipe the armpits 5 times a day. Like manganese, soda solution gradually thins the hairs and reduces the amount of sweat secreted. Sometimes there may be a side effect in the form of skin irritation, in which case it is better to try another remedy.
A solution of boric acid is used to wipe the armpits. They need to carefully wipe the area suffering from excessive sweating – at least 4 times a day, a maximum of 6.
Soap that can be bought at any store with an assortment of cosmetic products. Its anti-hyperhidrosis properties are effective: it is enough to wash the problem areas in the morning and evening.
Powder with talcum powder
You can do it yourself, store it conveniently, and powder dry powder easily.
In addition to talcum powder (baby powder), the composition includes:
- zinc oxide (10 g);
- powdered boric acid (15 g);
- burnt alum (10 g);
- aspirin (10 g).
How to get rid of sweating armpits with medications and drugs can be with a therapist. There are several categories of effective remedies.
These are means that relieve odor and sweat for a while. The main thing is not to abuse such interference in the natural process for the body, because these products contain aluminum and zinc, which clog the sweat glands.
The tool effectively acts after the first application, eliminating hyperhidrosis, affordable and easy to use.
Many fear that its main active ingredient, formaldehyde, is a dangerous carcinogen. In fact, its concentration in the drug is low and this substance acts if applied correctly only in the upper layer of the epidermis. However, certain adverse reactions in the form of excessive dryness at the site of application are possible.
It is considered a proven and one of the reliable means for hyperhidrosis. Thanks to this tool, sweating is normalized, and wet spots do not appear on clothes. You can buy it inexpensively in any pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription.
Before applying the paste, it is necessary to get rid of the hair in the armpits, take a shower and wipe it dry, then apply the paste in a thick layer (it takes about 20 minutes to dry). The procedure is carried out daily for 5 days, the effect of it lasts up to 6 months.
Antibacterial Hand Gel
This tool is ineffective against wet spots, but indispensable when you need to quickly get rid of the smell, but there is no time for a shower. In this situation, you need to wipe the axillary area with wet wipes, and then apply an antibacterial gel.
In its action, this antiseptic resembles formidron. When it is applied, it enters the acid-moist environment formed in the armpit and enters into a reaction with it, resulting in the formation of formaldehyde.
Use for the armpit zone 5% solution, available in ampoules. To make it easier to apply the product, it is first poured onto a clean cotton pad.
It is important to remember: more than 3 times a week, urotropin is not used, and the course of treatment for hyperhidrosis is no more than 2-3 weeks.
The tool is a natural analogue of antiperspirants. The stone consists of alum – alunite crystals. It is odorless and leaves no residue on clothing. Alum acts as an antiperspirant due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
They tone and refresh the skin, narrowing the sweat glands, and remove the unpleasant odor. Using the crystal is simple: it is moistened with water, and then rubbed in the armpits. He doesn’t clog pores; such a pebble is enough for 1-2 years.
It cannot be found in its pure form and is not recommended for use.
You can purchase deodorants in which the content of this substance is increased. They will help to cope with excessive sweating.
Botulinum toxin injection is a way to help get rid of hyperhidrosis quickly and effectively.
It acts by blocking nerve impulses that provoke sweat glands to release fluid. On average, an injection is valid from 6 months to 12 months.
This newly developed tool kills bacteria that are a source of bad smell, thereby eliminating it. According to the manufacturer, this natural product, developed on the basis of nanotechnology, eliminates sweating in just 1 course. However, all individually and some patients do not respond to it.
Unlike many drugs, this one is designed for oral administration: you need to take 5 drops daily half an hour before a meal. This should be done 2 times a day.
It is one of the latest and most popular developments. The composition of the drug has many natural ingredients: from verbena and ylang-ylang to Icelandic moss and
lapacho. All of them work for one goal – to eliminate the cause of hyperhidrosis.
The drug is safe for diabetics and, in parallel with a decrease in perspiration, kills bacteria that make sweat smell unpleasant. This is not one medicine, but a complex that includes herbal extract and spray. Herbal extract is drunk 2 times a day half an hour before meals in the amount of 0,17 fluid ounce, and the spray is used as a regular deodorant.
How to get rid of underarm sweating by making a dry deodorant on your own depends on the recipe and proper mixing.
There are 2 main varieties of it.
A good alternative to store and pharmacy products.
A simple and understandable folk recipe includes 3 available components:
- baking soda;
- corn starch;
- essential oil.
Its preparation is as follows:
- Soda and starch should be mixed in equal proportions. They make up the dry base of homemade deodorant.
- Add any essential oil based on preference. It will serve as a flavoring component.
This remedy not only fights against hyperhidrosis, but also protects and soothes irritated skin with excessive moisture and eliminates bacteria that spread unpleasant odors.
You can repeat the process of dusting armpits as 2-3 times a day. As an experiment, you can add rice instead of corn starch or just get along with soda with essential oil.
Powder on oak bark
A decoction of oak bark is an excellent remedy against sweating. Powder can also be made from it. Powdered bark is good not only for short-term, but also long-term effect: with constant use, it significantly reduces the effect of hyperhidrosis.
The use of dry deodorants requires compliance with certain rules, for example:
- when applying them (regardless of what is the basis – oak bark or soda), you need to try to make the layer as thin as possible;
- there is no need to press and usd, this is a kind of spraying: with the correct application of a dry deodorant, it will not leave marks on clothes and the prepared product will last for a long time;
- if the skin in the axillary is sensitive, it is better not to use clean soda, and in a dry deodorant, instead of a 1: 1 ratio, use 1: 3, where 3 is the proportion of corn or rice starch;
- after epilation, it is not recommended to apply any means, including dry deodorant;
- irritated and supersensitive skin must be allowed to rest, so it is better to shave in the evening, and apply powder in the morning;
- oak bark can have a calming effect, but this should be checked on a small area of epilated skin;
- dry tanning deodorants cannot be used before tanning: they provoke the appearance of age spots;
- when itching is felt in the armpit, irritation and pain appeared, any anti-hyperhidrosis drug that is currently used should be discarded;
- Before going to the sauna, jogging or training, you should completely refuse the powder. It can provoke irritation.
Any remedy that helps get rid of sweating is applied only to clean underarm skin, previously washed and well-dried.
Video on ways to get rid of sweaty armpits
Elena Malysheva will tell you how to get rid of sweaty armpits: