The development of the cosmetics industry naturally led to a fashion for everything natural. Particularly noteworthy are the increasingly popular shampoos without sulfates and parabens, the abundance of which requires a more thorough understanding of which products are best used.
- Why are sulfates and parabens dangerous
- Benefits of Natural Shampoos
- Top 5 best natural shampoos for adults
- List of Professional Sulfate-Free Shampoos
- Top 5 best shampoos for children
- Budget sulfates and parabens-free shampoos
- Medical dandruff shampoos
- Hair Growth Accelerators
- Shampoos for density and shine
- Tips for Using Sulfate-Free Shampoos
- How to make natural homemade shampoo
- The benefits and use of organic shampoos – in the video
Why are sulfates and parabens dangerous
Only by studying the compositions of hair care products can one realize the dangers of chemical components added there to improve washing qualities and extend shelf life.
And to see the difference between the action of a standard tool and the one in which there are no harmful impurities, it is possible in practice by the appearance and health of the hair.
The following substances in the composition of care products are especially dangerous:
Parabens that ensure the safety of products. They are based on esters that protect the skin from the action of the fungus. These components are able to accumulate in the body and cause cancer.
Sulfates produced from oil, in addition to the destructive effect on the hair and skin, cause the onset of allergies.
Shampoos containing sulfates during washing partially remain on the body, which enhances the negative effect of chemistry on the body and entails the following consequences:
- Dyed hair loses color and shine; the effect of the use of therapeutic keratin for hair is reduced.
- The protective fatty layer that exists on the scalp is corroded, which leads to a constant “effect of oily hair” and daily washing.
- Dandruff, dermatitis, chronic hair loss appear.
Benefits of Natural Shampoos
Organic cosmetics are a safe alternative to sulfate shampoos. The myth is widespread that natural shampoos are not able to wash hair properly.
roizvoditeli added to the composition of the special substances produced from coconut and glucose:
- lauret sulfosuccinate (lauret sulfosuccinate);
- lauril glucoside (lauril glucoside);
- cocoglucoside (cocoglucoside).
The names of these components sound menacing, but their mild effect dispels all doubts about their organic origin.
Among the undoubted advantages of sulfate-free shampoos:
- Gentle effect on the pH balance of the skin, moisturizing and soothing the skin.
- There is no likelihood of dandruff.
- Safe for the health of children of any age.
- The use of natural shampoos enhances the effect of balms and hair masks.
- Sulfate-free products are neutral to the environment.
Shampoos that do not contain sulfates do not give a plentiful foam, but this does not affect their washing ability. In order to maximize the effect of exposure to such a product, it is necessary to hold it on your hair a little longer before rinsing with water.
In nature, there are also natural preservatives, the raw materials for the production of which are plants.
These substances have an active antibacterial and antifungal effect and are widely used in organic cosmetics:
- Essential oils that inhibit the activity of microbes: lavender, thyme, cloves, roses, juniper and many others. Plant ethers can inhibit the growth of pathogenic microflora for a long time.
- Beekeeping products. Phytoncides contained in honey, propolis and wax have antiviral and bacteriostatic properties.
- Sea salt, which prevents the growth of bacteria.
- Acid berries, such as cranberries, lingonberries and blueberries, are saturated with benzoic acid, which is collected under laboratory conditions and introduced into cosmetics as an antimicrobial agent.
The list of natural “substitutes” can be continued. Their main advantage: a set of useful qualities that positively affect health and beauty. Accordingly, since organic-based shampoos usually have a capacious composition, their effect on hair and skin is difficult to overestimate.
Top 5 best natural shampoos for adults
According to people who have been using organic care products for a long time, the following 5 most successfully combine price and quality:
Shampoo MULSAN cosmetic Repair Shampoo.
Country of manufacture: USA ( Miami). The composition of the product includes the following ingredients: extracts (chamomile, almond, wheat germ, fireweed, birch buds, angelica roots) – these components take care of the scalp, accelerate hair growth and prevent cross-section; organic acids (citric, lactic) – control the process of sebum secretion, prevent dandruff.
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo.
Country producer: USA. Ingredients: rice extract (intensely softens the skin), aloe juice (softens the skin, saturates with microelements), Mosquito rose oil (intensely nourishes), sweet almond oil (combats hair cross-section).
Shampoo Caudali Soin Douceur Fortifiant Anti-oxydant.
Country of manufacture: France. The composition includes: phospholipids (attract moisture from the air), grape seed oil (antioxidant), jojoba oil (intensively restores)
, vitamin E (stimulates hair growth).
Shampoo Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo.
Country producer: USA. The composition of the product: macadamia oil (enhances hair growth), argan oil (moisturizes), chamomile extract (soothes the skin), hydrolyzed cereal proteins (enhances shine).
Acure Organics Moroccan Argan Stem Cell + Argan Oil.
Country producer: USA. The product contains: organic acai juice (removes dryness), organic blackberry juice (strengthens the hair structure), organic rosehip extract (moisturizes), organic pomegranate extract (prevents loss), organic rooibos extract (accelerates growth).
List of Professional Sulfate-Free Shampoos
- Cocochoco intensive
Country of manufacture: Israel. Ingredients: argan oil (intensively moisturizes), olive leaf extract (restores), burdock root extract (promotes growth), D-panthenol (regenerates), argan extract (nourishes at the cellular level).
- Logona Shampoo Cream with Bamboo Extract
Country producer: Germany. Ingredients: broccoli seed oil (returns shine, moisturizes), bamboo extract (strengthens and tightens the hair shaft), hydrolyzed silk proteins (give smoothness and silkiness).
- Estel aqua otium
Country of manufacture: RF. It contains: panthenol (recovery), arginine (improves blood supply to the bulbs), sodium lactate (moisturizes), hydrolyzed soy proteins (conditioning effect), amino acid valine (moisturizes, antistatic).
Top 5 best shampoos for children
Mustela Baby Shampoo Shampoo
Country of manufacture: France. Composition: panthenol (restores balance), chamomile extract (soothes, relieves irritation), avocado oil (moisturizes).
- Shampoo Baby Teva Hair Repair Shampoo
Country of manufacture: Israel. Ingredients: jojoba oil (nourishes the skin and hair), yarrow essential oil (tones, stimulates growth), grapefruit essential oil (enhances shine, antiseptic), rosemary essential oil (moisturizes), cedar essential oil (accelerates growth), rose absolute (antioxidant).
- Shampoo for children Wakodo MiluFuwa
Country of manufacture: Japan. Ingredients: polysaccharides (softening), vitamin E (growth stimulation), raffinose (moisturizes), ceramides (restore), betaine (increases protective properties).
- Shampoo Mommy care Calendula Shampoo
Country of manufacture: Israel. The composition of the product: calendula hydrolate (heals, relieves irritation), organic calendula extract (soothes the skin), cereal proteins (against brittleness), vitamin E (accelerates growth).
- Shampoo Bubchen
Country producer: Germany. The composition includes: panthenol (regenerates), chamomile extract (relieves irritation), cereal protein hydrolyzate (gives a natural shine), vitamin E (growth stimulant).
Budget sulfates and parabens-free shampoos
Among the manufacturers of high-quality inexpensive cosmetics in USA, the “First Solution” is in the lead. The company’s concept is based on the creation of products based on ingredients of natural origin. All 3 cosmetic brands presented below are the hits of this company:
- Shampoo Natura Siberica For tired and weakened hair “Protection and energy”
Country of manufacture: RF. The composition contains: Rhodiola rosea extract (antioxidant, restores the protective functions of the skin), magnolia vine extract (accelerates growth), pine extract (nourishes and strengthens the roots), mountain ash extract (restores structure), juniper extract (stimulates growth, prevents loss).
- Shampoo Recipes grandmother Agafia firming collection based on 5 soap herbs and birch infusion
Country of manufacture: RF. Composition: nettle extract (strengthens, accelerates growth), lemon balm extract (moisturizes), yarrow extract (regulates fat content, restores), marshmallow root extract (moisturizing, protection against adverse factors), rose hip oil (root strengthening), borago oil (powerful hydration).
- Shampoo ORGANIC SHOP “Bright Color” Golden Orchid
Country of manufacture: RF. The composition includes: organic extract of pink orchid (smoothes the surface of the hair), organic jojoba oil (restores and nourishes), mallow extract (facilitates combing).
Medical dandruff shampoos
- Cattier Dandruff Shampoo with Willow Bark Extract
Country of manufacture: France. Detergent composition: willow extract (strengthens the roots, prevents dandruff), tea tree essential oil (antifungal, normalizes the activity of sebaceous glands), wheat proteins (for shine), sage extract (stimulates growth), lavender and thyme extracts (against dandruff, give silkiness).
- ARGITAL Dandruff Shampoo
Country producer: Italy. Contains: extract from green clay (restores balance, regulates the activity of sebaceous glands), wheat germ proteins (restores hair along the entire length), a complex of essential oils (antifungal effect, growth stimulation).
- Anthyllis Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Country producer: Italy. Composition: pyrocton olamine (against dandruff), nettle extract (eliminates dandruff, accelerates growth), sage extract (against dandruff, strengthens roots), lactic acid (gives hair shine).
Hair Growth Accelerators
- Bio Shampoo Organic Shop Coffee Organic
Country of manufacture: RF. Ingredients: organic green coffee oil (active nutrition, regeneration), Babassu bio-oil (improves structure), goji berry extract (activator, stimulant), 3D peptides (for growth), vitamin A (antioxidant, reducing agent), vitamin E (for gr
- Thick shampoo “Recipes of grandmother Agafia” for strengthening, strength and growth
Country of manufacture: RF. Ingredients: rhododendron extract (growth biostimulator), elecampane extract (strengthens the roots), immortelle extract (improves blood supply to the bulbs), nettle extract (against loss), burdock oil (treats cut ends), pine resin (treats damaged hair).
- Shampoo Planeta Organica Secret of Arctica on Siberian Cedar Organic Oil and Arctic Willow Kidney Broth
Manufacturer: RF. Ingredients: sodium lactate (strengthens, accelerates growth), arginine (restores structure), glycine (moisturizing, shine), valine (prevents loss), serine (conditioner, antistatic), proline (strengthening the structure), threonine (protects against dryness) folic acid (relieves irritation, strengthens).
Shampoos for density and shine
The natural wealth of the Crimean peninsula has created the basis for the production of cosmetics that is not inferior to world brands. Natural care products of Crimean manufacturers were marked by reviews of satisfied customers in USA and other countries.
- Shampoo Manufactory House of Nature Crimean Chamomile
Country of manufacture: USA (Republic of Crimea). In the composition of the product: chamomile hydrolate (removal of irritation, strengthening), inulin (softening, shine), cocoglucoside (volume, smoothing), glycerin (moisturizing, elasticity), clove caryophylline (to enhance growth), ylang-ylang essential oil (from prolapse, dandruff), allantoin (regulation of the function of the sebaceous glands, anti-seborrheic effect).
- Shampoo Kingdom of Flavors with agave juice
Country of manufacture: USA (Republic of Crimea). The composition of the product: vanilla extract (softening effect, removing irritation), glycerin (elasticity), agave juice (strengthens the roots), rice protein hydrolyzate (adding volume), rosemary extract (moisturizing effect), D-panthenol (regenerating effect), milk acid (makes hair shiny), grapefruit essential oil (against dandruff, regulates fat content).
- Shampoo Health Formula 2 in 1 for every day
Manufacturer: Crimea. The composition of the product: wheat germ protein (moisturizes, strengthens the roots), aloe vera gel (regenerates), Saki lake mud (active growth and nutrition), panthenol (splendor, shine), nettle extract (against loss).
Tips for Using Sulfate-Free Shampoos
Shampoos of this direction are gradually replacing synthetic analogues from store shelves.
In addition to the undoubted advantages in the practice of using natural shampoos, there are some conventions that should be remembered:
- In order for the hair to be washed well and the active ingredients of the composition have time to act, it is necessary to apply the product twice during the washing procedure. After the second application, leave on the hair for 2-3 minutes, then rinse. If there is an abundance of styling products on the hair, there may be a need for a third application.
- Due to the natural origin of most of the components of the product, it is better to store it away from high humidity and temperature extremes, that is, not in the bathroom.
Some shampoos are stored in the refrigerator in the summer heat.
- Shampoos with a natural composition are perfect as a base for therapeutic home masks. Regardless of the recipe, a small amount of shampoo is added to the mixture for better distribution throughout the hair and subsequent washing.
- When buying shampoo, you need to pay close attention to the expiration date and storage conditions in the store. Such products are not displayed on the windows, where direct sunlight.
How to make natural homemade shampoo
If time permits and there is a desire to experiment, you can use recipes for making homemade shampoos:
- Based on mustard
Mustard powder is diluted with warm water to the consistency of sour cream. The resulting solution is distributed by massage into the hair and washed off after a minute. Then the hair is rinsed with water with the addition of lemon juice to neutralize the mustard aroma. Such a shampoo activates hair growth.
- Gelatin based
Two egg yolks are whipped together with a tablespoon of gelatin. Apply to wet hair. To enhance the effect, you can wrap your head for half an hour. Gelatin shampoo thickens the hair, giving a delightful volume to the hairstyle. It also creates a lamination-like effect.
- Dry shampoo.
As a dry shampoo, you can use talc, corn or potato starch. On dry hair, a small amount of the agent is neatly applied area after area. After the scalp and hair are completely powdered, you need to wait 5 minutes and comb through the hair. This shampoo is suitable only for very fair hair.
- Pea shampoo
The peas crushed in a coffee grinder are steamed overnight with hot water. The next day, the mixture according to the principle of the mask is applied to the head. Washes off in the usual way.
- Clay shampoo
Clay gruel is applied to wet hair and left for several minutes. Then rinsed with warm water. Hair washing with water in which clay is diluted is also practiced: a tablespoon of clay per gallon of water. Such water must be
drained into the basin, because rinse your head several times.
Despite some nuances in the use of natural cosmetics, when choosing a hair care product, the choice must be made towards naturalness and safety. Only in this case, the result will be both beauty and health.
The benefits and use of organic shampoos – in the video
An overview of some popular natural shampoos:
Sulfate-free shampoos and their benefits: