Modern makeup is not complete without eyebrows , which give the look more expressiveness and emphasize the beauty of the eyes. Today, the most popular eyebrow shaping technique is powder spraying (velvet or shadow), characterized by painlessness, quick healing and lasting results.
- What are powder eyebrows
- Who will fit powdery eyebrows
- Shadow spraying and microblading: what is the difference between the procedures
- Pros and cons of the tattoo method
- Contraindications to the procedure
- How to prepare for the procedure
- Step-by-step instructions for powdering eyebrows
- How does healing work
- Eyebrow care after the procedure
- How long does shadow eyebrow spraying last
- When to make a correction
- Is it possible to carry out the procedure at home
- The cost of powder spraying in the cabin
- Eyebrow Powder Video
What are powder eyebrows
Powder tattooing is a modern way of micropigmentation that allows you to give your eyebrows a natural, but more pronounced look. Tattooing is carried out with a special apparatus that introduces a coloring substance into the upper layers of the skin, which subsequently slightly shades, due to which the effect of “smoky” make-up, made by shadows or a pencil, is created.
Eyebrows become visually voluminous and well-defined, while they do not have clear boundaries, look well-groomed and neat. The technique is considered to be less traumatic, almost painless, characterized by a quick healing process (no more than 7 days).
Who will fit powdery eyebrows
Powdery eyebrows (healing by day is fast) have no age restrictions, and above all, are recommended for women with blond hair.
The procedure will also be useful if:
- eyebrow growth is chaotic, and they need to be given the right shape;
- in the treated area there are bald spots, scars, birth defects;
- eyebrows are too thick, requiring shape adjustment;
- hairs fade in the sun and become almost invisible;
- eyebrows need to be made brighter.
In addition, the procedure will help reduce the time for daily makeup, as the eyebrows for several years will look perfect.
Shadow spraying and microblading: what is the difference between the procedures
Microblading is a type of tattoo in which the master draws hairs, creating the effect of natural and voluminous eyebrows. This procedure is recommended if the eyebrows are not thick enough, there are scars or other defects, as well as to give them a beautiful shape.
The main difference between microblading and powder spraying is the technique for performing these procedures:
- microblading uses a special pencil with pigment (manipulation), with which the master draws new hairs by introducing paint under the skin, getting the effect of thick eyebrows;
- with powder tattooing, a special apparatus is used that creates microdots in the skin into which the coloring matter is introduced, due to this the effect of “smoky” makeup is obtained.
During microblading, the paint is injected deeper, which allows for a brighter and more pronounced eyebrow, with shadow spraying, the pigment remains on the surface, which makes the eyebrows more natural. According to the time it takes about 2 hours for microblading, 1 hour for powder spraying.
After the microblading procedure, the healing process takes longer, crusts are formed, which take time to get off. With velvet spraying, a slight peeling occurs, completely descending in 2-3 days. These types of tattooing differ in their service life and price. Microblading retains on the skin up to 1.5 years, the shadow method – up to 2 years.
Moreover, the first method will be much more expensive in cost than the second. Please note that the master can evaluate the condition of the eyebrows and suggest the most suitable procedure. Often, specialists resort to both types of tattooing at the same time, creating truly beautiful eyebrows.
Pros and cons of the tattoo method
Advantages of the powder method:
- minimal injuries of the skin (penetration of the needle to a depth of 1/32 inch);
- the ability to select the desired shade and its saturation;
- lack of pain during tattooing;
- quick and painless healing, lack of crusts;
- elimination of bald spots and defects in the treated area;
- natural result;
- applying a velvet tattoo will take no more than 1 hour;
- long service life (up to 2 years).
The disadvantages of the procedure:
- as with any type of tattoo, correction is required over time, as color fading occurs;
- shadow spraying has contraindications, which are described below;
- competent eyebrow care is necessary so that the tattoo retains its original appearance for as long as possible;
- Before the procedure, it is necessary to prepare the body and eyebrows so that the result is as it was intended;
- velvet spraying is not suitable for a radical change in the shape and appearance of eyebrows.
Contraindications to the procedure
Powdery eyebrows (healing by day will help organize proper care and quick recovery) is not allowed in the following cases:
- if the hairs are too sparse and there are large gaps between them;
- the presence of bald spots;
- if most hairs are gray;
- increased sensitivity of the skin;
- tendency to manifestation of allergies;
- the presence of diabetes;
- the presence of viral diseases and other infections;
- progressive dermatological or oncological diseases;
- low blood coagulability;
- during pregnancy and lactation.
It is important to know that in order not to harm your body, the master needs to be informed about existing diseases that do not show themselves with external manifestations visible to the eye (genital infections, HIV).
How to prepare for the procedure
The success of the procedure depends on competent preparation for it. First of all, you need to come to a consultation with the master, discuss with him the desired form, choose a shade and agree on the day and time of the next meeting.
A week before the appointed date, the following requirements must be met:
- Do not carry out any manipulations with the eyebrows (do not pluck and dye them, do not apply decorative cosmetics);
- use only micellar water for washing;
- do not carry out pilling, scrubbing and other cosmetic procedures;
- do not use too greasy creams, ointments for the skin;
- Do not visit the bathhouse, sauna and beach;
- do not take antibiotics, blood thinners.
In order not to feel discomfort during the session, it is also not recommended to have a tattoo immediately after the end of menstruation. A few days before velvet spraying, you should completely abandon alcohol, energy drinks, too fatty and salty foods, reduce the amount of water consumed. Such a diet will help to avoid swelling and complications after the tattoo process.
It is also worth giving up coffee and cigarettes, as they reduce the effects of anesthesia. If the procedure is carried out during the off-season, then for the prevention it is allowed to take antiviral drugs, which will not allow you to catch a col
d just before the session.
Step-by-step instructions for powdering eyebrows
The procedure for powder deposition of eyebrows lasts no more than 1 hour and consists of the following steps:
- Preparation of skin for tattooing , their cleansing.
- Sketch future eyebrows. At this stage, the master adjusts the hairs, giving the eyebrows the correct shape, taking into account the features of the face.
- Antiseptic treatment and analgesia. The procedure is considered less traumatic, however, to avoid discomfort, it is recommended to use painkillers: gels, sprays, lidocaine-based creams. In this case, anesthesia is also carried out during the session.
- Drawing a tattoo. Using a special apparatus, the master creates microdots in the eyebrow area through which the dye is introduced. The shade of paint is selected taking into account external data: eye color, hair color, skin tone. At the same time, the master can offer a fashionable ombre: the pigment shades from a darker shade to a lighter one.
- Processing with a disinfectant, applying a healing cream.
- Advice on healing and further care of the treated area.
- Record on compulsory correction after 1 month.
Please note that immediately after the procedure, the color of the eyebrows will be quite bright. But do not be afraid, the pigment will fade gradually, and eventually its desired shade will appear.
How does healing work
Healing of powdery eyebrows occurs quite quickly.
By days, this period will look like this:
- On the day of the procedure, a slight swelling, swelling, redness may appear. Such a reaction of the skin is considered normal and is associated with the penetration of a foreign element into them.
- In the next 2–3 days, mild peeling appears, which is a sign that healing is proceeding correctly. If coarse, bleeding or oozing crusts form during this period, then you should immediately seek medical help.
- On the 5-7th day, the peeling process should be completely completed. In the same period, the selected color of the eyebrows appears, however, its final shade will appear only after 3 weeks.
It is important to know that peeling off the crusts yourself, removing peeling with coarse cosmetics is impossible. The healing process must be natural. Also during this period, a slight itching may appear. In order not to comb the skin and not spoil the tattoo, the masters recommend using a cotton swab, carefully conducting it in the perineal zone.
With proper care, after a week the eyebrows will completely heal, the renewal of the skin will occur in a month, then the result of the tattoo will be visible.
Eyebrow care after the procedure
Eyebrow care begins almost immediately after returning home after the salon:
- 2-3 hours after the procedure, you need to wash off the healing cream applied by the master using baby soap;
- remove excess moisture from the eyebrow with a lint-free cloth;
- grease the prepared area with a cotton swab with petroleum jelly.
Then, during the day and throughout the healing period, the eyebrows should be treated with antiseptic (e.g. chlorhexidine) and emollient (e.g. petroleum jelly). Apply them with neat light movements, without friction and pressure. Do not wash your face during the healing period with water, so as not to provoke inflammation of the skin in the eyebrow area.
It is also not allowed to carry out peeling, use scrubs, serums or other cosmetics (other than those recommended by the master).
In addition, during this period it is prohibited:
- visit the sauna, pool, solarium;
- use eyebrow makeup;
- comb and pluck hairs;
- hit with a stream of hot air on the eyebrows when styling hair with a hairdryer;
- to be for a long time in direct sunlight without a hat (eyebrows should be treated with sunscreen).
Please note that in the presence of severe itching and swelling, it is recommended to take antihistamines (Suprastin, Zodak, etc.).
How long does shadow eyebrow spraying last
Powdery eyebrows (daily healing described above) retain the result for up to 2 years.
However, it is difficult to name the exact duration of the effect, since it is individual and largely depends on the body:
- oily and porous skin promotes faster color removal than dry and normal;
- a healthy immune system will not allow a foreign substance to linger in the skin for a long time and will contribute to its rapid elimination;
- the older the woman, the longer the pigment will last.
Also, the short service life is due to the fact that the dye used has a mineral base, which gradually dissolves and after a few years is completely washed out.
When to make a correction
After 1 month It is recommended to carry out a correction, the task of which is to give the eyebrows a complete and beautiful look. Within a month, the skin gets used to a foreign substance, the healing of which can be uneven, so after 4 weeks defects and inaccuracies can be seen that were not noticed immediately after the tattoo (gaps in the pigment, loss of saturation, change in shape).
Correction helps to eliminate these imperfections, and also helps to enhance color saturation. Such correction is only possible if the eyebrows have been powdery applied. It will not be possible to overlap the classic tattoo, since in the classical procedure the pigment is introduced deeper.
In addition, the mixing of different colors may appear in the future in
any unexpected color: red, blue or green. The master usually writes down for the first correction immediately after a session of shadow tattooing, in order to eliminate all the defects revealed during the month in time.
Is it possible to carry out the procedure at home
It is quite difficult to make professional powder spraying on your own at home. One of the prerequisites is the presence of a special tool that pierces the skin and introduces pigment into the formed microdots. Such a device can be purchased at a specialized store.
To carry out powder spraying of eyebrows, the following materials will be needed:
- tweezers or wax strips;
- makeup remover;
- henna of the desired shade;
- anesthetic cream or gel;
- fat cream;
- flat and thin brush;
- apparatus for tattooing.
Stages of the procedure for creating powdery eyebrows:
- Carrying out a test to select the desired shade. Henna is bred according to the instructions, the paint is applied to the previously prepared eyebrows, while the periobral zone is smeared with a greasy cream. Brush the henna on the hairs and leave for 20 minutes. If the resulting shade suits, then proceed to the next step.
Eyebrow shape correction. To do this, use tweezers or wax strips. In order not to make a mistake with the form, the masters recommend using a stencil.
- Treatment of the skin. Eyebrows are cleaned with micellar water or any other cleanser. Then apply an antiseptic that disinfects the treated area, as well as an anesthetic.
- Tattoo procedure. A special apparatus is filled with henna, selected color. Draw thin lines in the direction of hair growth. In this case, it is better to choose a thin needle and not change it during the procedure so that the paint is evenly distributed.
- Eyebrow treatment with an anti-inflammatory agent.
Powdery eyebrows: healing by day, care and correction will be the same as during the procedure in the salon – they will delight no less than after the hand of the master.
The cost of powder spraying in the cabin
The cost of a velvet eyebrow tattoo depends on various factors: the status of the salon, the professionalism of the master, the materials used by him. Therefore, the price ranges from $ 34 – $ 68. In professional beauty salons, the cost of the procedure can reach $ 204.
Powdery eyebrows – one of the most popular types of tattooing, loved by the natural look, less trauma, painlessness and quick healing (no more than 7 days). Eyebrows look well-groomed and beautiful, while the result lasts up to 2 years.
Eyebrow Powder Video
How to make powder eyebrows: