The influence of the external environment and natural aging leads to the fact that the formation of collagen and elastin slows down in the cells of the skin of the face and body. As a result, the condition of the skin layer worsens, the tissue is deformed, the clarity of the facial contour is lost, and wrinkles appear. To reduce the devastating changes, collagen cosmetics are used and special care rules are followed.
- Why does skin need collagen
- Types of collagen
- Collagen in cosmetology
- How to stimulate collagen production
- Cosmetic procedures with collagen
- How to use a ready-made mask at home
- Collagen Remedies
- What can be in the composition
- Rating of funds
- Collagen masks at home
- What are the results
- Collagen action video
Why does skin need collagen
Collagen for the skin of the face performs the function of a building material and is a protein that forms in the middle part of the skin layer. A collagen network is created by cells called fibroblasts. The task of the substance is to strengthen, support the tissue structure and bone system of the body.
Together with protein, elastin is formed, an equally important element of connective tissue that affects the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels and the epidermis. Due to the deficiency of these two components, the appearance worsens, bones become fragile, and vascular diseases develop.
Signs of collagen reduction include:
- a feeling of tightness of the skin, cellulite plaques;
- the appearance of nasolabial folds, deepening wrinkles on the neck;
- deterioration of the condition of nails, hair;
- development of dental diseases;
- muscle weakness, fragility of bones;
- spinal problems;
- decreased vision;
- sagging breasts and buttocks.
The level of fibrillar protein is at a high level until the age of 30, then the amount of substance gradually decreases, and by the age of 60 the production of collagen fibers stops completely.
It is noted that the production of protein up to 30 years in duration takes one month. After overcoming this milestone, the time of formation of protein material is reduced by approximately 1% per year.
Collagen for the skin of the face and body performs the following tasks:
- retains moisture, nourishes, saturates with oxygen;
- improves skin tone, gives a beautiful radiant tone;
- strengthens the musculoskeletal system;
- restores cartilage and fluid between joints;
- reduces inflammation of the joint parts with arthritis, arthrosis, osteochondrosis;
- regulates metabolic processes in cells;
- tightens the contour of the face and eliminates the second chin;
- slows down aging;
- not only smoothes wrinkles, but also prevents the appearance of new folds;
- increases the overall tone of the skin, makes it supple and supple;
- eliminates bags under the eyes, bruises and swelling;
- heals wounds and cracks;
- improves blood transport to tissues;
- deeply cleanses and provides the removal of toxins;
- strengthens bone tissue, improves body flexibility.
The collagen matrix breaks down over time, which leads to a change in the state of the skin. The disadvantage does not appear immediately, but only after a while under the influence of the cumulative effect.
The causes of collagen decline may be:
- Bright sunshine and dry air – the aging mechanism triggers not only a natural tan, but also a visit to tanning salons.
- Smoking – reduces the production of collagen fibers by 40%.
- Alcoholic drinks and lack of proper skin care.
- An unbalanced diet.
- Diseases of an immune nature that affect the state of building tissue (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma).
- Stressful situations and hormonal disorders.
Types of collagen
Collagen for facial skin in the field of cosmetology is represented by 3 types that differ in characteristic features:
- Marine collagen. This species is difficult to obtain artificially, since the extraction is made from marine fish and shellfish. Cosmetics based on sea protein are very expensive due to the fact that the processing, storage conditions and transportation of raw materials are complicated. The advantage of marine collagen is its small molecular structure, due to which the substance freely penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin. Collagen of marine origin is as close as possible to the structure of human cells and includes components such as serine, alanine, glycine, proline, aspartic acid, tyrosine, glutamic acid. The substance has useful properties – it reduces the severity of scars, acne, nourishes and moisturizes.
- Animal collagen. The component is made from cattle hides. A distinctive feature of animal material is the large molecular structure, which is poorly absorbed by human cellular tissue. Cosmetics made on the basis of animal protein are considered low-quality and are cheap.
- Plant collagen. The substance is extracted from wheat. Protein of plant origin is much better absorbed than animal protein, but it also costs more. Cosmetics with this component in the composition is safe and does not cause allergic reactions.
Collagen in cosmetology
Beauticians are actively using collagen products for rejuvenation. These include caring procedures, masks, injections, serums, gels, and cream.
Collagen cosmetics is available in various forms and involves different uses:
- Injection The best result, according to statistics, gives mesotherapy – collagen injections. With the help of fillers (gel-like preparations), problem areas of the skin are corrected. After about 6 months, the gel dissolves, and the session must be repeated. Such techniques are resorted to in contour plastic, when it is necessary to adjust the shape of the lips or give them volume. As a filler filler in the composition of the main components, bovine collagen is often used – Kollost, Siderm, Ziplast. There are compounds with human protein – Cosmoplast, Dermologen, Izolagen, Cosmoderm. Often a combination of both protein material is used to stimulate human collagen.
- Tablets. It is recommended to take 2 tablets daily.
- Capsules In capsule form, collagen is administered orally by 3 pcs. before bedtime. The method improves the condition of not only the skin, but also the hair, nails, joints. Popular capsule types are Kolagen active plus, Collagen Ultra.
How to stimulate collagen production
Natural methods for stimulating protein production include eliminating bad habits and protecting against intense sun exposure. But if the problem is genetic, then coping with it will be difficult.
A decrease in the level of female hormone – estrogen – during the menopause significantly affects protein production, the amount of produced substance decreases, and it breaks down faster.
Known methods that help stimulate the work of fibroblasts that produce protein tissue. The most affordable is a balanced meal, consumption of biological additives and regular use of cosmetics.
The composition and nutritional standar
ds are as follows:
- Foods enriched with vitamin C (citruses, rose hips, currants, bell peppers, broccoli, sea buckthorn).
- Elements of manganese and copper (lettuce, hazelnuts, spinach, apricots, beets, seafood, pasta and bread).
- Selenium (nuts, chicken eggs, rice groats, corn).
- Polyunsaturated acids (fatty fish – salmon, mackerel, vegetable oils, nuts).
- Biological additives (Omega-3, fish oil, Doppelherz).
- Complex intake of amino acids (Solgar, hyaluronic acid).
- Ready protein (Super Collagen + C, Neocell Beauty Infusion).
Cosmetic procedures with collagen
Beauticians use several methods that stimulate the production of collagen fibers.
- Mesotherapy The technique replaces surgical intervention and consists in the introduction of collagen by injection. The procedure gives a rejuvenating effect, tightens the facial contour, eliminates skin imperfections, scars, scars, traces after chronic acne. There is a disappearance of bags under the eyes, a reduction in facial wrinkles, and healing of wounds and cracks.
- Iontophoresis. The procedure is performed using a collagen mask applied to the face area and the electrodes connected to it. Currents irritate receptors, which improves the penetration of collagen material of the mask into skin cells. Thanks to this effect, the protein resource is replenished, wrinkles are smoothed out, and the epidermis becomes more elastic.
- Darsonvalization. This method involves the use of a Darsonval device, which stimulates the production of new collagen cells and the synthesis of elastin. During the session, pathogenic microbes are destroyed and the skin is rejuvenated. The recommended number of procedures is 10–20, after which a break is made. The procedure can be carried out at home.
- Thermage. An electromagnetic field is used that acts on the skin. The essence of the technique is the use of collagen masks and solutions.
- Reedolysis. The procedure consists in the use of electrode needles through which a high-frequency current flows, stimulating collagen synthesis.
How to use a ready-made mask at home
Collagen type masks activate metabolic processes, cleanse, stimulate blood circulation in the skin layer. The result is noticeable after the first application – dryness disappears, the contour is tightened, bruises go and wrinkles are smoothed out.
Collagen for the skin of the face, made from marine raw materials – this is a necessary element, which is the basis of the finished mask. Additional components include vitamins, peptides, hyaluronic acid and vegetable oils.
Powdered masks must be diluted according to the instructions in order to achieve a jelly consistency:
- Before applying the mask, the face is cleaned of impurities.
- The composition is kept on the face for half an hour, removed with ordinary water.
- After the procedure is completed, a nourishing cream is applied.
- Treatment is performed for a month with a frequency of once a week.
There are contraindications for use if the skin area is damaged, there are open wounds, or an inflammatory process develops in the body.
Collagen for the skin is presented in the form of gels, liquids for oral administration, tissue and powder masks for the face, shampoos.
Each form of release provides a specific method of application:
- Powder formulations – masks of this type are diluted with water or a special liquid present in the kit. The diluted mixture is applied immediately, kept for 15–20 minutes, washed off as usual.
- Cloth – fabric applications resemble a wet towel with a lip and mouth cut. The masks are based on a gel-like or jelly-like substance. The instructions for such funds contain a detailed description: aging time, method of removal and the need for additional care.
- Gel or jelly – can be produced in powder form or in a tube. The mask instantly hardens, forming a film on the surface of the skin. The gel composition is preferably applied with a thin layer, then there will be no problems with removal.
- Drinking. The substance in the form of a powder is diluted with water to a liquid consistency. Not everyone likes the taste, but you can add milk or juice if you wish. Protein is taken 30 minutes before meals. The most popular drinking protein is Collagen Ultra. The hydrolyzate is consumed in a course, the dose is 1 time – 10 g. Starting from 40-50 years, the drug must be taken in 1 packet daily.
- Shampoos Collagen-based cleansers for hair and scalp are available in several versions – placental-collagen shampoos, formulations with biotin and marine protein.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Amaranth oil – properties and applications in cosmetology, reviews, price of funds.
What can be in the composition
Collagen cosmetics are recommended for women after 25 years. This is especially true for those who have mostly dry skin.
Collagen stimulating cosmetics contain:
- particles of natural oils;
- vitamin and mineral complex;
- extracts of herbs aloe vera, ginseng;
- hyaluronic acid;
- peptide components;
- bioflavonoids and fatty acids;
- algal elements.
Rating of funds
A wide range of collagen cosmetics allows every woman to choose the right option.
Some popular collagen-based products for face, neck, hair are presented in the table:
|A type||Description||Volume||approximate price|
|La Miso Collagen Modeling Mask Series||The Korean-made product has an alginate base composed of collagen, folic acid, protein, mineral and vitamin substances.||1000 g||$ 16.|
|Holika Holika Pig Collagen Gel Mask Series||The mask is based on animal protein extracted from the skin of piglets. The collagen component allows you to improve the facial contour, eliminate dryness, pigmentation, fill in wrinkles. The product contributes to the development of its own anti-aging substances.||0,85 fluid ounce||$ 3,94|
|Dizao, two-step collagen mask||The composition contains marine collagen, hyaluronic acid, ceramides. The drug softens the skin, moisturizes, increases the volume of collagen fibers, has a modeling effect.||10 pieces.||$ 8,3|
|Cream||Black Pearl, Self-Rejuvenation Line||Anti-aging product containing liquid collagen, hyaluron, biopeptides. It is presented by creams for several age categories. It allows you to nourish, moisturize the skin, make it elastic, soft.||1,69 fluid ounce||$ 2,98|
|Librederm Daytime Anti-Aging (face and neck)||The product is characterized in that it gives elasticity, elasticity, smoothes fine wrinkles, saturates with moisture. It contains collagen substances, hyaluron, peptides.||1,69 fluid ounce||$ 9,9.|
|SkinFood Gold Caviar Collagen Cream Series||A product containing black caviar extract, gold particles, trace elements, Omega-3, vitamins D, F, A, E. It rejuvenates, restores protein levels. Gold particles stimulate blood circulation, promote the removal of toxins.||45 g||$ 35.|
|Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Ex Cream Line||At the heart of the product is small-molecular collagen, which nourishes, smoothes, retains moisture in the skin layer. the product is enriched with a complex of natural ingredients (almond extract, iris, cocoa). Thanks to its light texture, it is quickly absorbed.||2,54 fluid ounce||$ 23.|
|Ampoules||Heliabrine||Ampoule products are recommended for women from 35 years old. The modeling and anti-aging composition in combination with marine collagen, peptides, arginine, vitamin E, glycerin prevents the formation of wrinkles, nourishes, and cares for the skin.||24 pcs. 0,03 fluid ounce each||$ 156.|
|Academicmie||Ampoules containing a collagen component of marine origin. The product improves the relief, nourishes with moisture, smoothes wrinkles, models the facial oval.||7 pcs||$ 31|
|Dr. Kozhevatkin||The composition of the cocktail in the form of ampoules allows you to refresh, moisturize the skin layer due to the content of avocado oil, elastin, aloe vera extract.||7 ampoules||$ 4,52|
|Serum||Bielita Face Care Superlifting Series||Whey product eliminates sagging skin muscles, tightens, improves elasticity.||0,34 fluid ounce||$ 4,9|
Collagen Booster Intensive Ampoule line
|The anti-aging agent tightens the contour, smoothes, eliminates tissue ptosis, due to the content of the collagen component. Includes Vitamin B, Hyaluron.||1,01 fluid ounce||$ 20.|
|Medical Collagene 3 D Perfect Lift Series||It has an antioxidant effect, relieves dryness, and evens out relief.||1,01 fluid ounce||$ 8,98|
|This is a concentrated product containing hyaluron, vitamins. It promotes long-term hydration, as it includes peptides, esters, lime, mallow, cinnamon extracts.||1,01 fluid ounce||$ 15.|
Collagen Recharging Serum line
|The tool is designed for restorative care, it strengthens, tones and prevents age-related changes. The composition contains extracts of plants, vitamin E, A, C, stem cells.||1,18 fluid ounce||$ 62.|
|Gels||Enamel||The hydrogel composition of the regenerating action, which rejuvenates, relieves inflammation.||1,01 fluid ounce||$ 10,12|
Collagen essence gel
|Emulsion gel supports the struc
ture, nourishes the skin layer with energy, gives a fresh look, softens wrinkles.
|1,01 fluid ounce||$ 10,3|
|Medical Collagene 3D Express Protect Series||The gel in the form of an emulsion eliminates swelling, inflammation, softens the skin.||1,01 fluid ounce||$ 11,36|
|Shampoos||Proresh||The nutrient eliminates dryness, brittle hair condition, promotes volume. The product is presented in 4 types.||8,45 fluid ounce||$ 2,27|
|Golden Silk, Collagen and Hyaluron Line||Means restore the structure, nourish and strengthen the hair.||8,45 fluid ounce||$ 1,29|
Collagen masks at home
To prepare a mask with collagen yourself, it will not take so much time, and the result of the application will please you no worse than salon procedures. The care product contains gelatin – a natural protein material. You should not expect strong corrective changes with home cosmetics, but you can also improve the general condition of the skin with them.
- Gelatin . The composition is prepared from 1 tablespoon. edible gelatin, 1,35 fluid ounce of chamomile broth, vitamins A, E, 1 pc. in capsules. The components are mixed together with the cooled broth and left for half an hour. The container containing the solution is placed in a water bath and held until the gelatin granules dissolve. Once the mixture has cooled, add vitamins from the capsules and mix everything thoroughly. The skin on the face is pre-steamed using a steam bath or a damp warm towel. Hold the mask for 15 minutes. Then you need to rinse it off with warm water and grease your face with a nourishing cream.
- Banana . For cooking, take 3 tablespoon. plain water, 1 tablespoon gelatin granules, banana. Then gelatin is dissolved in a liquid to a homogeneous mass, according to the instructions on the package, banana pulp is added. The resulting composition is applied in an even layer to the neckline and face. The mask is kept for 15 minutes, washed off in the usual way.
- Oatmeal . It is necessary to prepare edible gelatin – 1 tablespoon, plain water – 2,03 fluid ounce, oatmeal – 1 teaspoons. The gelatin is dissolved in water, after 30 minutes the liquid is slightly heated to a fluid state, then I add oatmeal or ground hercules. The mass is applied in a thick layer, kept for 15-20 minutes, washed off as usual.
The masks examined improve the skin tone, relieve blackheads, moisturize and nourish, smooth small wrinkles.
What are the results
Collagen not only smoothes the surface of the skin, but also slows down the fact of aging. Creams with fibrillar protein prevent wilting and stimulate cells to self-rejuvenate.
After the use of funds, the quality of the upper layer of the epidermis improves, but the deep structures are not affected due to the large size of the protein molecule, which is not able to penetrate through the pores. As a result, only a visual rejuvenation effect is created, noticeable after a week. Cosmetic cream does not allow to solve the problem of deep wrinkles.
Collagen-based dietary supplements belong to another category of agents that can increase the elasticity and firmness of the skin layer. Taking a liquid preparation inside allows you to feel the difference after 1-3 months: wrinkles are smoothed out, stretch marks and cellulite are reduced, but this method will not work out completely.
Mesotherapy, which allows you to deliver nutrients to the deeper layers through injections of a protein substance, is a radical technique. The effect of the procedures manifests itself immediately – wrinkles, sagging skin disappear, the shape of the face shape improves. The result lasts up to a year. After 4 months, you need to repeat the procedure to look perfect.
Collagen cosmetics is considered one of the most effective for improving the condition of facial skin. It is enough to choose a quality cream, giving preference to proven brands. But if the task is to rejuvenate in a short time, salon procedures are needed that allow you to smooth out flaws using several fillers, whiten the skin and tighten the facial contour.
Collagen action video
How to keep youth collagen and hyaluron: