Highlighting on light brown hair looks original and beautiful, if done correctly. The clarified curls should be in harmony with the overall color along the entire length so as not to stand out strongly. For this, hairdressers recommend choosing muted tones instead of bright ones.
- Shades for highlighting light brown hair
- French highlighting
- California style
- Reverse highlighting
- Area highlighting
- Classic frequent highlighting
- Brazilian highlights
- Venice highlighting
- Ombre on light brown hair
- Shatush on light brown hair
- Balayazh on light brown hair
- Multitone Highlighting
- Interesting highlights videos
Shades for highlighting light brown hair
To obtain the optimal effect from the staining procedure, the correct selection of the coloring shade is required. The latter, in turn, depends on the natural color of the hair.
According to stylists, light brown strands ideally fit such colors:
- coffee with milk;
- silver ashes.
Important advantages of creating highlighted strands on fair hair are such features:
- Highlighting is an effective way of coloring curls of light brown color, giving the owner a style and extravagance.
- A great opportunity to give volume and shine to thin and lifeless strands.
- Hair practically does not suffer from exposure to chemicals, because only individual locks are dyed.
- The ability to update staining no more than once every 2 months, the roots that have grown are not very striking.
- Using the zoning technique, you can focus on some features of the haircut and hide flaws.
- Highlighting looks good on haircuts of different lengths, with any structure.
- This staining technique hides gray hair well.
The procedure is not without minor flaws:
- Difficulty doing homework without professional help.
- Duration of staining.
This type of highlighting is among the most sparing. The composition of the substances used to create it does not contain ammonia. On the contrary, beeswax, which is in such paints, additionally nourishes and heals the structure of the follicles.
Separately, it should be noted such features of French highlighting:
- giving volume even to very thin strands;
- hair decoration with shining highlights;
- does not require prolonged sitting in a hairdressing chair, the procedure is performed in no more than 2 hours;
- well hides gray curls;
- does not cause allergic reactions;
- allows you to give your hair shine and well-groomed appearance;
- does not leave sharp transitions between natural and colored strands;
- does not destroy hair follicles and does not violate the structure of the curl.
On light brown hair, these shades look great:
- Honey and dairy.
- Golden and beige.
- Walnut and light coffee.
French highlighting is performed in several ways:
- Classic: along the entire length of the curls, in a chaotic manner.
- Impact on the upper strands: adorns short haircuts.
- Staining tips: creates a natural effect.
- Partial: used to frame the face with individual strands or to dye bangs.
Highlighting on light brown hair in the Californian style is considered a universal option for all types of face and color type of the girl’s appearance. This type is distinguished by the desire to create the most natural image.
The purpose of dyeing is to achieve the effect of hair burned out in the sun, for which no 1, but 2-3 shades are used.
Features of staining:
- tones are used for highlighting, which are 1-2 tones lighter than the natural shade;
- This technique looks especially beautiful on long curls with smooth transitions of shades;
- the strands colored in this way look as if poured in the sun;
- highlighting process takes a lot of time;
- the procedure does not require a monthly repeat, just updating the result once every 3 months is enough.
The direct type of highlighting quickly loses its attractiveness due to the fact that the tips become too light. This is due to the lack of timely correction, incorrectly adjusted proportions and staining of most of the curls.
In this case, it makes sense to resort to the opposite kind of coloring, which has the following features:
- there is an equalization of the shade of previously colored strands;
- paint is used at the roots, lighter than for the tips;
- the specialist selects shades that are a couple of tones darker than the natural color;
- the transition between colored and natural strands looks natural.
Stages of reverse highlighting:
- The desired shade of paint is applied to the tips, and they are packaged in foil.
- Then the same procedure is done with the tips.
- The correct choice of shades and widths of strands is important.
- After 40-50 minutes, the paint is removed.
Proper care after the procedure is important:
- the use of masks that strengthen the structure of hair;
- the use of balms after washing;
- periodic use of shampoos for toning.
To create the softest overflow of light curls, a very fine highlighting is created, which requires a large number of applied forces and has a high cost. In addition, this technology captures, and therefore damages, most of the strands.
An excellent way out of this situation is the implementation of zonal highlighting, when not all curls are exposed to staining, but only the upper part of the strands.
- no effect on the whole structure;
- damage to curls is minimized;
- most of the hair retains its natural shade;
- an opportunity to emphasize certain haircut features.
Classic frequent highlighting
Highlighting, which can be done on light brown hair, can be frequent.
This procedure is among the sparing and has such important features:
- staining of the basal part does not occur;
- exposure applies only to the upper strands;
- own shade of hair is maximally preserved;
- most of the small locks are painted in colors similar in tone;
- curls acquire the missing volume.
To create sun glare on the hair, which is visible at a certain angle, use the Brazilian technique.
- most of the small strands undergo complete lightening;
- then they are painted in different shades of the same color;
- Highlighting is multi-hue, due to this, the maximum naturalness of the result is achieved.
The advantages of Brazilian technology:
- Gentle effect on curls.
- Suitable for hair of any structure, including curly.
- It distracts from skin problems and is suitable for ladies of mature age.
- The adjustment is carried out once every 6 months.
- Adds extra volume to thin hair.
- Perfectly hides gray strands.
An important feature: Brazilian highlighting may not suit a woman by type of appearance. Therefore, to create it you need to involve a professional who will tell you, if necessary, other options for staining.
Shades used for Brazilian highlighting light brown hair:
- mocha and honey;
- gold and wheat;
- sand and caramel.
This technique is similar to the California one in that it involves the use of foil, several shades and exposure to the roots of the hair. To create amazing overflows, paint on the strands is applied using a special brush.
- maximum naturalness due to chaotic application;
- change in appearance without the use of cardinal staining techniques;
- effectively decorate hair of any length;
- does not require frequent updates;
- the color is very deep.
Ombre on light brown hair
Ombre looks very original and rich on light hair shades.
This technique has characteristic features:
- hair gains the effect of sunburn;
- the result of such coloring is the volume and brightness of the color;
- during highlighting, the roots of a dark shade transition to the maximum snow-white tips;
- This technique looks especially beautiful on long hair;
- the borders of the transitions look as blurry as possible.
Shatush on light brown hair
Light brown hair looks simply gorgeous when they use the highlighting technique called shatush. This type of staining does not catch the eye, but it perfectly hides the gray hair and is created in just 1 hour.
Features of the technique:
- application for coloring shades as close as possible to the natural color of the hair;
- the dye on the strands is applied gradually, with the extension of the shade with a brush;
- hair does not deteriorate at all under the influence of paint;
- frequent updating of the result is not required;
- The technique refreshes the complexion and looks very natural.
Balayazh on light brown hair
This technique will definitely decorate any shade of hair, it looks especially elegant on light blond.
Features of a hammock:
- paint is applied in movements resembling a broom;
- shades smoothly pass one from another, are arranged randomly;
- most of the hair is not affected by the paint, so this type of staining is considered to be gentle;
- the focus is on tips that are painted in contrast with a light shade;
- this technique will definitely decorate the cascade, bob and other options for multi-layer haircuts;
- for blond hair, the blonde’s honey tones and cold wheat shades are ideal.
Bronding is a technique that allows you
to change the external image without harming, at the same time, the structure of the hair and without spoiling them with chemicals.
For owners of light-colored hair, such tones are ideal:
- light chocolate;
With the help of bronding, you can emphasize the individuality of the image, adding ease and a fashionable effect to it.
Coloring is a coloring in which absolutely any shades are applied to the locks. Light brown hair wins from that neighborhood, and its owner gains a bright personality and immediately stands out from the crowd.
Subtleties of staining:
- All selected shades of paint should be of the same tone, combined with each other.
- To get a deep rich result, you should use as many different shades as possible.
- The strands are colored partially or completely, their size varies from thin to wide.
- The basis is always a light shade, revive its bright locks.
- Bronding requires constant care and timely painting overgrown roots.
- Changing the usual styling each time creates a new look.
Coloring strands in multi tones or highlighting with the creation of glare is a real hit of the season. The master specially selects shades close to one tone, due to which spectacular overflows are achieved.
Features of staining:
- smooth transitions between tones;
- use of several shades;
- combination of bright and pastel colors.
The multitonal technique allows the use of such shades on fair hair:
- cocoa and honey;
- wheat and gold;
- cinnamon and nutmeg;
- caramel and honey;
- cherry, currant and cornflowers.
Light brown hair, on which professional highlighting is done, seems to come to life. This effect is especially clearly visible in the sun. This dyeing technique allows you to revive a bored look, avoiding radical changes and without spoiling the hair.
Interesting highlights videos
The process of creating an ombre on light brown hair:
In detail about the balayazh technique: