Anti-cellulite massage, which is carried out both in the salon and at home, makes the skin supple and supple, and also significantly reduces the appearance of cellulite. However, before resorting to this procedure, you should weigh the pros and cons, because it has serious contraindications and can both be useful and harm.
- The mechanism of action of massage
- Types of anti-cellulite massage
- Duration and number of sessions
- Massage preparation
- Rules for
- Anti-cellulite massage products
- How to massage hands, legs, hips, abdomen, buttocks
- Basic techniques of manual massage
- Cupping (vacuum) anti-cellulite massage at home
- Honey anti-cellulite massage
- Home hardware anti-cellulite massage
- Anti-cellulite brush massage
- How to massage yourself at home
- Massage with spoons according to the method of Koch
- Rolling pin massage
- Plastic bottle massage
- When the result will be visible
- Possible complications
- What to do after the procedure
- Video about performing anti-cellulite massage
- “Orange peel” in problem areas.
- The occurrence of pathological conditions of the colon.
- Pain in the neck, back, lower back.
- Impaired metabolism in cells.
- Excess amount of adipose tissue.
- Impaired blood circulation.
The mechanism of action of massage
As a result of a full course of massage in the tissues, all processes are normalized, namely:
- metabolism improves;
- decay of lactic acid is stimulated;
- blood flow and lymph outflow are normalized;
- gas exchange is stabilized;
- cell fat is removed.
Types of anti-cellulite massage
Anti-cellulite massage is hardware, can, manual and dry grinding.
Hand held every day. Thanks to this technique, blood circulation is enhanced, tissues are heated, due to this, the outflow of lymph is normalized, and, as a result, the work of sweat and sebaceous glands. Basic techniques: patting, grabbing, stroking, tweaking.
For dry grinding, a hard mitten or brush is used. Massage is carried out at least 2 times in 7 days, 5 minutes each. The body should be dry, movements are directed from the knees to the hips. Problem areas remain pale for a long time, even with intense exposure, because blood circulation is disturbed in them. After the procedure, a moisturizer is applied.
An indicator of effectiveness is redness, which should be persistent.
For canned (vacuum) massage you will need special cans, which can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Apparatus massage is done both in the salon and at home, using a special apparatus. It happens vacuum, vibration and hydromassage. All these techniques are aimed at combating orange peel, splitting fat, smoothing and restoring skin elasticity.
Duration and number of sessions
The total exposure time is from 40 minutes to 1 hour. As a rule, about 10 minutes are spent on the legs, about 12 minutes on the hands, about 18 minutes on the stomach and sides, and about 20 minutes on the back, buttocks and neck. The duration of the course is 15 sessions. 10 of them are carried out every other day, the remaining 5 – 2 times in 7 days. Further, as a prophylaxis, do 1 session in 14 days.
Contraindications are divided into 3 groups:
Cellulite does not affect the whole body, but only some of its parts – the stomach, hips, buttocks, legs and arms. In the case of local contraindications, most of the prohibitions concern the abdomen.
Anti-cellulite massage can not be done with:
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- critical days (or spotting of unclear etymology);
- diseases of the genitourinary system in the acute stage;
- nausea and vomiting.
In the case of other “problem” zones, manipulations cannot be carried out if there is:
- signs of varicose veins;
- fungus, wounds, herpes, irritation, acne;
- moles in problem areas;
- benign tumors or postoperative wounds after removal of malignant tumors;
- mastopathy (chest area), adenoma, myoma, fibroma, cysts (abdomen).
Temporary contraindications are as follows:
- infectious diseases accompanied by high fever;
- rash, irritation;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- problems with the cardiovascular system;
- joint problems
- renal failure.
Absolute contraindications for conducting are:
- varicose veins in the later stages;
- endocrine system diseases;
- various mental disorders;
- venereal diseases;
- heart failure;
- blood diseases.
There are also contraindications to various types of massage.
Manual can not be done by those who suffer from mental disorders, varicose veins, infectious and skin diseases. Honey is contraindicated for people who are allergic to beekeeping products.
A vacuum is contraindicated for those with a low pain threshold, problems with the thyroid gland, there are pathologies in the work of blood vessels (BPV, thrombophlebitis), diseases of infectious etymology and malignant neoplasms.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Anti-cellulite massage at home will be most effective if the body is properly prepared.
General recommendations to follow:
- Before starting the course, the body should be cleaned of toxins. This recommendation is due to the fact that there are a lot of toxins in the cellulite cells, and the purpose of the massage is to remove them from the body.
- A week before the start of the course, you can not smoke, drink alcohol and coffee, sweeteners. You also need to limit the consumption of meat and dairy products, replacing them with fish and vegetables. At least 0,5 gallon of water should be drunk per day.
The first is to determine the stage of cellulite and the amount of excess weight. If the problem is already running, then to solve it you need to act in a complex manner (special oils, exercises, nutrition). If excess weight is more than 11 pounds, then for starters you should bring it back to normal.
Carrying out involves the observance of certain rules:
- The hands are warmed up, and the body is lubricated with anti-cellulite cream or oil so that the hands glide well.
- Movements should be light and slow,
with a gradual increase in these indicators and a decrease in intensity by the end of the session.
- The skin should not be bright red, but only slightly pinkish.
- The impact falls on certain areas, such as lymph nodes or those where there are many nerve endings, vessels. It should be light and neat.
- The movements are parallel to the flow of blood.
Anti-cellulite massage products
High-quality and correctly selected product can increase efficiency several times. Experts advise using not just specialized creams, but those that have a thermal effect. Of the auxiliary tools often use brushes of varying degrees of stiffness.
You can also use essential oils – linseed, coconut, orange, juniper, tea tree, lemon, rosemary. They are either mixed with each other, or added to various creams, honey.
If cans are used during the session, then you need to choose oils that provide them with easy gliding, tightening effect, and can also reduce the number of lipoid formations. It can be peach or coconut, grape or almond oil.
It is not necessary to buy a product for anti-cellulite massage in a store or pharmacy, it can be made independently, at home.
It is enough to buy a base (wheat germ oil, almond, olive), add cosmetic oils (based on needs) and components that contribute to the heating and activation of the fat burning process (red pepper, mustard, ginger) in the form of a powder. If you do not use the last ingredient, then the product remaining on the skin can not be washed off.
How to massage hands, legs, hips, abdomen, buttocks
Most often, the orange peel appears on the hips, legs, stomach and buttocks.
To get the maximum effect, you need:
- steam out the skin;
- apply special tools;
- choose the right time – a couple of hours before bedtime or during the day, but 3 hours after eating;
- observe the sequence of actions: stroking, rubbing, squeezing, patting, grabbing, stroking;
- stretch your stomach. You need to lie on your back with your head on the pillow, bend your legs at the knees. Take a deep breath, while inflating the stomach, exhale sharply all the air, press the stomach with your hands and raise the body to the knees. Repeat 3 times.
The lower abdomen cannot be massaged. This type of massage is also contraindicated during critical days. As for the hands, the rules and techniques are the same as for massage on other parts of the body, with the only difference being that the skin of the hands is much softer, so bruises can remain with intense exposure. It is necessary to monitor the force of pressure.
Basic techniques of manual massage
- Vibration, stroking. Duration – about 5-6 minutes. It is with these movements that the session begins and ends. The impact is carried out with the whole palm. Vibration is created using fingertips. The nature of the movements is zigzag, straight or circular.
- Trituration. Similar to the previous exercise, but the movements are more intense. Duration – 15 minutes.
- Squeezing. Sharp movements along the muscles. Duration – about 10 minutes.
- Patting, kneading. Duration – about 30 minutes. As well as transverse movements of the edge of the palm.
- Slam . Effective reception is carried out by first exposure to the fingertips, then the whole palm or even fist.
- Capture – strong compression followed by release. Allows you to work on the deeper layers, but should not affect the internal organs.
Cupping (vacuum) anti-cellulite massage at home
Anti-cellulite massage at home using vacuum cans is a popular technique. In the early stages, with its help you can completely get rid of the problem.
Cans come in glass, silicone and rubber. In addition, in beauty salons, vacuum massage is done using a special apparatus, and for home use portable massagers are on sale.
Principle of action: the can is attached to the body by means of a vacuum and moves along the surface of the body, exerting a vacuum, mechanical (on fiber, muscle and dermis) and reflex effect.
First, a general massage is performed using standard techniques, then canned. And at the end, a shower is taken, during which a scrub is used, and an anti-cellulite cream or oil is applied.
- Fat cells are damaged.
- The keratinized epithelium is exfoliated.
- The skin begins to breathe.
- The work of the glands is normalized.
- Muscles relax.
- Microcirculation improves.
- Tissues receive additional nutrition in the form of oxygen and trace elements.
- The body gets rid of toxins, excess fluid, fat, swelling is reduced.
- Cell regeneration is faster, metabolic processes are accelerated, tissue tone and elasticity are increased, the epidermis becomes more elastic.
- Immunity increases.
The movements in the massage, whether manual, hardware or canned, should always be directed along the outflow of lymph.
Honey anti-cellulite massage
Typically, experts use linden or buckwheat honey, which add sea salt, coffee (infused in a dark place for 7 days), essential oils – depending on the needs of the patient. They are rich in antioxidants, help fight cellulite and have a restorative effect on the whole organism.
First, it is advisable to go to the bath or sauna, but if this is not possible, then an ordinary hot shower is suitable. Next, you need to apply honey or a pre-prepared mixture and you can proceed.
Throughout the entire session, which lasts no more than 15 minutes (every other day), the specialist’s hands are firmly pressed to the body, and then abruptly come off. With each subsequent pressing, the pressing intensity and the separation force should increase. This technique allows honey to penetrate the skin faster.
If everything is done correctly, then after the end of the lesson, the masseur will have a gray, viscous mass instead of honey – this is th
e epithelium and toxins. Further, it is desirable to wash the skin with warm water and lubricate with a moisturizer or lotion.
Home hardware anti-cellulite massage
For the anti-cellulite massage companies that produce medical equipment offer a wide range of models.
They are easy to operate and convenient to use at home. For example, the Gezatone brand produces electric massagers. They come with rollers and rollers.
The basis of the work of all devices is a combined type of massage, with which the skin is smoothed and massaged at the same time.
The principle of their action is this – the device creates a small fold and, holding it, moves along the surface of the body.
Apparatus for massage against cellulite can be multifunctional and monofunctional.
Anti-cellulite brush massage
This species is considered the cheapest, but effective. To carry out, you only need a brush with a natural pile (the degree of hardness is determined individually), without additional funds in the form of creams and oils, since this massage is dry.
Anti-cellulite massage at home with a brush cannot be carried out in the groin, on the inside of the thighs and under the knees. The movements should be smooth and directed from top to bottom, with an average degree of pressure. The procedure is carried out every day for 1-2 months. According to reviews, after this period the result will already be visible.
Massage with a brush can be done in the shower by applying a gel. 2 times a week will be enough. It is important to know that rashes, wounds, acne, various skin diseases, varicose veins are strict contraindications to these procedures.
How to massage yourself at home
Massage at home is done not only with the help of hands, but also with the help of:
Features and techniques of manual, can and massage using a brush are described above, but not many people know about the technique using spoons.
Massage with spoons according to the method of Koch
For a massage, you will need either special spoons, or ordinary in the amount of 2 pieces. spoons are heated or cooled, depending on preference. As a lubricant, oil or honey is used.
The hips are massaged in a circular motion, slightly pressing. Start from the inside of the thigh, finish the outside.
For the buttocks you will need larger spoons than for the hips. It is also massaged in circular motions – from the middle to the sides and from the bottom up. To massage the abdomen, the devices are cooled. The direction of movement is in a spiral.
Rolling pin massage
For massage with a rolling pin, it is recommended to purchase a new kitchen item, smooth or with pimples. The second option is preferable. The principle of preparation is the same as in other cases.
To achieve maximum effect and to avoid bruising, the rolling pin should slide slowly, without pressing hard. After the procedure, you need to take a shower and lubricate the body with a moisturizer.
Plastic bottle massage
When using a plastic bottle, tricks such as rolling, cycling, and kneading are used. Massage begins from the back, rolling the rolling pin from the lower back to the neck, along the spine. If this is self-massage, then you need to lie on the bottle with your back so that you can roll it, adhering to the technique.
Kneading is carried out in a circular motion and resembles the grinding of nuts in a mortar. With the help of this exercise, the lateral muscles, neck, shoulder blades, and calves are well worked out. To knead the buttocks, a more intense rolling approach, reminiscent of riding a bicycle, or rather pedaling, is suitable.
The procedure breaks down stagnant processes in the muscles, improves blood circulation, gives energy.
When the result will be visible
Experts note that the effect will be visible after 7-8 procedures. It all depends on how susceptible the body is. Initially, 10 sessions are prescribed, and then, depending on the situation, the number increases to 15.
After achieving the desired effect, it is recommended to go through another 2-3 sessions to consolidate the result.
There is no point in going through more than 15 sessions, since after the 15th time the opposite effect begins to appear.
This happens because blood circulation, collagen production and softening of fatty subcutaneous cells begins to slow down.
The body gets used to the constant effect on the dermis and stops responding. In such a situation, the sessions should be stopped and the course repeated no earlier than after half a year or a year.
Despite the apparent safety, the procedure can also lead to complications:
- redness of the skin;
- bruising and bruising;
It is believed that after the first session, small bruises (no hematomas, no bruising) are the norm. An experienced specialist never leaves bruises. Although this also depends on the patient’s skin condition, sensitivity, tendency to hematomas.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
What to do after the procedure
There are certain rules of behavior after massage, which will allow you to quickly bring the figure and skin to the desired appearance. If you do not allow the body to rest after a session, then the effect will decrease. Therefore, you can not immediately rise, it is better to lie down for about half an hour, give the muscles and spine a rest. Then you should drink 200 g of green tea or water.
Anti-cellulite massage performed at home gives good results, eliminating the orange peel, giving the skin smoothness and elasticity.
Video about performing anti-cellulite massage
How to do anti-cellulite massage at home:
Cellulite can massage: