It is easy to create a unique image with a simple braid, the difference is how to braid it. Different hairstyles with braids for long and medium hair allow you to do your own everyday, business styling and surprise every day with a new look.
- Who should use hairstyles with braids
- Classic braid for medium and long hair
- Scythe with a pencil
- French braid
- Side braid
- Heart of braids
- Braid around the head
- Scythe with rubber bands
- Bundle with scythe
- Greek braid
- Spit waterfall
- Star from braids
- Braid of 3 braids
- Mermaid Scythe
- Braid in a braid
- Scythe “fish tail”
- Scythe basket
- Pigtail Hairstyle
- Half stripe
- Spit “boho”
- Scythe “french dragon”
- Braid harness
- Spit “4 strands”
- Hairstyle with oblique bangs
- Wedding weaving: what braids are suitable for the bride
- Video about hairstyles with braids
Who should use hairstyles with braids
Braids are a universal solution when choosing a styling for owners of long and medium hair. They are suitable for any type of face, regardless of the structure of curls, woman’s age.
Uncomplicated classic techniques are suitable for everyday look, restrained weaving with collected hair will be an excellent solution for a business style. Hairstyles with airy, flowing hair is a romantic image for a party, a date.
Classic braid for medium and long hair
The standard classical weaving provides 3 strands, it is recommended to perform on long and medium hair:
- Divide the head of hair into 3 equal curls.
- To start braiding, start with the rightmost strand shifted between 2 others.
- The leftmost part of the hair is superimposed on top, located between the other two.
- Weave to the ends, fix the result with an elastic band.
Scythe with a pencil
The technique is simple, you must strictly follow these steps:
- The beginning is a standard braid of 3 strands.
- After the 3rd turn, put a pencil or a long, solid base between the obtained strands.
- Throw each turn of a new strand before weaving over a pencil.
- Advancing to the ends, you get a wide, voluminous hairstyle.
Light and fast in braid execution, suitable for daily hairstyles in the office and festive intricate weaving.
One of the most favorite children’s braids:
- Divide a pile of hair into 3 parts at the very top of the head.
- Weave a classic braid, with each new turn, weaving a little side strands.
- Lateral weaved strands on each side should be the same thickness.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Hairstyles with braids for medium hair, braided on the side which, with a slight modification, are suitable for a party, date, etc.:
- Comb the hair, take the curl from the right side and divide it into 3 parts.
- Weave a standard braid out of strands.
- On the 2nd weave, add a lock of hair taken on the right side to the braid.
- At the next turn, take a lock on the left side and weave into a braid.
- Moving vertically weave to weave a little below ear level.
- On the one hand, the braid can be slightly thicker, as it should be.
- Using the standard technique of braiding the braid to the ends, fix it with an elastic band.
- To give more volume, stretch the weave, but do not touch the grab otherwise the hairstyle will fall apart.
Heart of braids
A romantic hairstyle, often used for little girls, looks great with and without bangs:
- Hair divided into upper, lower and middle parts in equal proportions of thickness.
- The upper section is also divided into 3 parts, remove 2, start working with the 3rd.
- Take a small curl and weave a classic braid, adding a new strand at each turn, attracting a dumb pigtail. So it will take on the shape of a half heart.
- Perform the same weaving with the second half – this will be the second part of the heart.
- Divide the third part of the upper sector into 2 parts of the same thickness and braid the same 2 halves of the heart. It will be one small heart in another large.
- Add the remnants of hair as weaving into braids, weave 2 and 3 ponytails, like the first one into 2 hearts.
Braid around the head
A hairstyle with a braid around the head is suitable for an oval shape of the face.
To go around the oblique whole head, the hair should be as long as possible, weaving should be performed according to the following rules:
- The future “crown” around the head begins to weave from the temple, moving horizontally and moving accurately to the opposite side of the head.
- Initially, the braid is woven as a classic, thin strands are gradually interwoven.
- The result is a braid on its side, which surrounds the entire head, like a crown.
Scythe with rubber bands
A braid with rubber bands is very simple and fast:
- A classic braid of 3 strands is braided on its side.
- Each 3 weaving is knotted and fixed with an elastic band.
- The resulting last turn is straightened by hands to give it roundness, volume.
Bundle with scythe
Hairstyles with braids for medium hair, consisting of two beautifully designed buns, are universal.
On the one hand, the braid gently frames the face, on the other – a playful tuft of hair:
- An oblique parting is done on the head, from the side of long hair a classic braid of 3 sections begins to weave.
- Weaving on one side a little thin strands of hair with each turn, reach the end.
- To collect hair in a bun with a braid, tie with an elastic band.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Stylish, spectacular and original Greek braid is woven as follows:
- Perform a side parting on the head.
- Near the forehead, take a small curl and divide into 3 parts.
o weave a classic French braid using the “vice versa” technique, each strand must be wound not from above, but under the bottom of the weave.
- Continue to weave the braid along the hairline, weaving loose curls alternately on each side.
- Move in a circle so that all free curls are woven into a braid.
- Returning to the base of the braid, braid the braid with a classic technique and tie it with an elastic band.
- Lay the remaining braid in an already laid circle.
- Carefully hide the ends in a braid, secure with studs.
- Stretch the links of the main braid a little to give more volume.
The weaving technique is very similar to the classic French braid:
- The braid is weaving from the temple with classic technique towards the middle of the crown.
- With each 2nd turn, weave a new strand of hair, leaving each 3rd to hang down freely.
- Depending on the length of the distance between the free strands, the hairstyle may have a delicate spring look.
- Use the same technique for weaving braids on the opposite side of the head.
- 2 parts to connect hairpins, an elastic band in the middle.
Star from braids
To braid a girl with a romantic, original star from braids, simple rules should be followed:
- Separate the curls on the right side of the face and make 2 partings.
- To weave from the temple and reach the ear with classic technique. For now, fix the weaving with an elastic band.
- Toward weaving a second braid, while doing a parting from the ear.
- Tie the hair zone outlined with partings in a ponytail with an elastic band.
- Unscrew the resulting tail and make 5 equivalent harnesses from it. To make it convenient to work with each individually, each pin with a hairpin or invisibility.
- Separate 1 strand from the common tail and take one of 5 sections.
- Make a tourniquet, at the same time divide the strand into 2 equal parts, put the hair crosswise, scroll the right part 3 times around its axis and put it on top of the left. After that, both strands are twisted. Repeating these steps to complete the tourniquet to the end.
- According to the same principle, braid 4 more flagella, chop all the ends for convenience with hairpins.
- After proceeding to the weaving of the main braid and moving sideways using classical techniques.
- Separate 3 equal strands from the temple and weave the braid according to standard techniques.
- After the first two weaves, pick loose-hanging curls into the side locks and weave.
- With the next weaving, also make hooks and spin the braid to the right side, flying in a tourniquet.
- At the next weaving, grab from the right side and take under the 1st tourniquet, then add the 2nd tourniquet. In this technique, continue to braid the braid, alternately weaving the harnesses on their side.
- After the seizure ends to weave the braid with the classic technique to the end, tie it with an elastic band.
Braid of 3 braids
Hairstyles with braids for medium hair from 3 braids are simple and straightforward, look good on thick hair:
- Divide the head of hair into 3 equal parts.
- Braid each part with classical technique, fix the ends.
- Having received 3 identical braids, braid from them one braid from 3.
The base of the hairstyle is a standard French braid, but in this version of the weaving, the locks should be very thin and not too tight:
- Make a parting in the middle of the head.
- Separate part of the hair in the temple area on one side and the other.
- Divide the second strand (thicker) into 2 parts, from 3 sections weave an ordinary braid of 3 strands.
- Weave locks 1 time, take a free curl on one side and weave into a braid.
- Taking a lock on the other hand do the same.
- Each braiding should be added one by one until the braid is of the required length, but at the same time do not tighten the hair tightly, leave it free.
Braid in a braid
This hairstyle is also called a double braid, weaving it is quite simple:
- Divide one strand into 3, start weaving using the “spikelet” technique, picking up the free strands on the left and right sides alternately. In this case, you need to make lining of the strands under the braid.
- In the process of weaving the warp, it is necessary to separate the locks with a parting part, which subsequently will be a little pigtail.
- Fasten them to the crown, continue weaving with pickup.
- When the hair for grabbing is over, weave the standard braid, while continuing to separate the thin strands for the second braid.
- To weave the second inner braid, take the left strands, divide into equal parts and again weave the back braid. Pickup for the inner braid should be done only on one side, where the hair hangs.
- Combine the two ends of the braids and fix with a hairpin, elastic.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Scythe “fish tail”
To make such a braid yourself is not difficult:
- Curls divided into 2 equal parts.
- Take one part and cover the opposite with it.
- So repeat the weaving pattern: the right strand to the left, the left to the right.
- Fasten the hairstyle.
Weaving is great for women with round, regular features.
For hairstyle “basket”:
- Comb the curls, on the top of the head, separate the hair in a circle around the head, evenly parted.
- While collecting hair in the tail, the 2nd part of the hair will be woven into it.
- With a thin lock of hair, wrap an elastic band that fastens the ponytail to disguise it, fix it with a hairpin or invisibility.
- Take a thin strand of loose hair and cross it with a thin curl from the tail.
- Weaving technique is recommended to start near the ear. Add a third strand to continue to braid the head, constantly adding free curls on each side.
- Fully weave to the opposite ear.
- To make the basket more magnificent, hold the base of the braid with your finger and stretch the slightly woven sections.
There are a lot of options for hairstyles with loose hair: a braid can be braided on one side of the head near the temple, in the middle or sideways.
The last one of the easiest options:
- Put a single strand over the ear, put the rest of the hair in the tail.
- Divide the bunch into 3 parts, weave a braid with the addition of free locks from the side of the head. So the pigtail will bend around the head, going behind the ear.
- Ponytail hair.
A standard common hairstyle that is easy to weave:
- All the pile of hair should be divided into 3 equal sections.
- Take the strand located at the forehead, braid the main central braid.
- Weave small locks cross on cross into the main braid. Add to the end of this technique.
Ideal everyday hairstyle, simple to weave:
- Divide the entire mass of hair into 3 strands.
- Weave a classic spikelet from the forehead to the back of the head.
- At the same time, gradually spin the locks into the main braid from the sides.
- After weaving, tuck the ends of the strands inward, secure with a hairpin.
Romantic, airy hairstyle for medium and long hair:
- They begin to weave the braid from the bangs, having previously done a side parting.
- Weave the main braid using French braid technology.
- Starting in the middle, weave the side strands until they end.
- You can weave a colored ribbon from the middle or end.
- After weaving, fasten the end with a hairpin, sprinkle with varnish.
Scythe “french dragon”
This is a modification of the French braid, which is suitable for everyday wear. The peculiarity of the hairstyle is that it drags on very tightly, weaves well on medium hair.
Weaving should begin in the same way as the French braid. The difference is that in the process of weaving, free strands need to be picked up and inserted not from above, but by crossing under the bottom.
A good hairstyle for schoolgirls, teenage girls, it is easy to weave yourself:
- Collect the curls in a ponytail and secure with an elastic band on the crown.
- Divide them into 2 equal sections.
- Take the right part and twist to the right until it stops, thus creating a hard tourniquet.
- Repeat the same for the left side, but also turn the tourniquet to the right side.
- Fix the ends with rubber bands.
- Twist both harnesses together and fasten the ends with an elastic band.
Spit “4 strands”
A hairstyle with a braid of 4 strands on medium hair is a complex weaving technique that requires attention and dexterity:
- Remove all hair back, comb to the back of the head.
- Divide the head of hair into 4 equal parts.
- The beginning of weaving can be on either side (left or right to choose). But at the same time, the initial strand should always be right, and the last – left.
- To begin with, one strand must be wound behind the second, and the third should be put on top of the first, the last curl should be transferred to the initial one.
- The second lock must be placed on top of the third, the last curl is transferred to the second.
- According to this technique, you need to weave to the end.
Hairstyle with oblique bangs
Hairstyle with braids go well with bangs, both straight and oblique. Weaving options are many.
The classic braid looks perfect on its side, any asymmetric braids:
- “Spikelet” on the side;
- “fish tail”;
- french braid.
Girls with oblique bangs should not choose such hairstyles as “Basket”, “Heart”, “Crown” and any symmetrical, round braids.
To emphasize the peculiarity of the image of the bangs, braids with rims, woven ribbons and original hairpins are suitable.
Wedding weaving: what braids are suitable for the bride
Hairstyles with delicate, braided braids on medium hair for a wedding celebration look very coquettish, at the same time restrained and elegant. Hairstyles with harmoniously selected accessories, for example, flowers, ribbons, tiaras, look especially stylish.
For the wedding, you can choose the following braid weaving techniques:
- “fish tail”;
- “French braid”;
- “French dragon”;
- “Braid harness.”
The asymmetrically woven classic braid in curly curls also makes a good impression.
A classic braid on the side with woven ribbons, fresh flowers and covered with a veil harmonizes well with classic lace dresses, with embroidery and guipure.
The braid, located in the center, is combined with the bride’s dress with an open back or a deep neckline. The combination of a French braid and a fishtail with carelessly hanging and curls will be appropriate for a wedding in the style of Rustic or Provence, looks good in the style of Shabby chic.
Hairstyles with original braided braids for medium hair are always relevant and do not go out of fashion for everyday wear, special occasions. If your own strands are not enough, you can use false hair for beauty and volume.
Video about hairstyles with braids
Lesson on creating hairstyles with braids for medium hair:
French braid weaving: