For weight loss, strengthening the muscles of the body, recovery after childbirth, special exercises on fitball help. Performing them at least 15 minutes a day, you can achieve good results within 2-3 months after the start of training.
- The benefits of doing fitball
- How to choose the right fitball: criteria and rules
- How often do you need to train
- Class Rules, Precautions
- Contraindications to training
- Slimming exercises for the abdomen and sides
- Passing fitball from hand to foot
- For burning fat on the buttocks
- Leg pull
- Reverse squat
- Slimming hips
- Static squat
- Leg lift
- Mahi to the side
- Workout for back and arms
- Fitball Dumbbell Bench Press
- Fat Burning Exercise Complexes
- Daily Beginner Complex
- Complex for experienced
- Complex for women after childbirth
- Charging complex
- Video lessons with exercises on fitball for weight loss
The benefits of doing fitball
Fitball is a large inflatable ball designed to perform a wide range of exercises. Its creator is Susan Kleinfogelbach, an experienced physiotherapist from Switzerland. In the middle of the 20th century, she developed physical exercises with a special ball for people with movement problems.
With the help of this sports equipment, it was possible to strengthen the back muscles and recover from injuries. Since the end of the 20th century, the scope of fitballs has expanded significantly. They began to be used in various sports sections. Today they are successfully used in maternity hospitals to facilitate the period of labor, for motion sickness of infants and massage of infants.
Fitball is suitable as a seat in the workplace. Sitting on it, you have to control your position so as not to roll off of it. Thereby, a habit is developed to keep posture with a minimum load on the spine.
Exercises on a fitball for weight loss are a great way to tighten the muscle system and achieve the desired harmony.
In addition, classes with this sports equipment:
- Improve posture.
- Helps strengthen the body.
- Increases Stamina.
- Improve the work of the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
- They develop excellent coordination of movements.
- Knead joints and increase flexibility.
- Restore after childbirth, previous injuries and complex operations.
Fitball lessons are also recommended for pregnant women. The fact is that exercises with such equipment not only help maintain good shape, but also prepare the muscles for delivery and do not harm the developing fetus.
Training with fitball for pregnant women:
- Relieve tension from the lower back.
- The circulatory system is tidied up.
- Muscle relax in the spine.
In addition, we can say that fitball classes make regular workouts more diverse, improve mood and fill with energy for the whole day.
How to choose the right fitball: criteria and rules
When choosing a fitball, it is recommended to pay attention to such points:
- The maximum allowable weight that the ball can withstand. This criterion is primarily important for people who are overweight and those who will use dumbbells during training.
- The inventory should be abbreviated “ABS”, indicating the presence of an anti-fracture system. Thanks to her, the fitball will not tear or burst during training.
- When choosing a ball, you need to sit on it, straightening your back and putting your legs together in front of you. If the knees form an angle of 90 °, the ball is suitable for use. If the angle is smaller or larger, you must first check whether the sports equipment is pumped or deflated. If necessary, pump up the ball or blow it out a little, and then sit on it again. It will be uncomfortable to sit on an unsuitable fitball in diameter, as the pressure on the joints and spine increases.
You can also choose the right fitball diameter based on a person’s height.
The ratio of human height to the diameter of the ball:
|Height, m||Recommended Diameter, m|
|1.52 – 1.64||0.55|
|1.65 – 1.79||0.65|
|1.80 – 2.00||0.75|
When choosing a suitable ball, it is also recommended to pay for the presence of a pump. However, if it is not, then you can always pump up the fitball with an ordinary bicycle pump.
How often do you need to train
In order to lose weight and achieve harmony in the body, you need to do at least 3 times in 7 days.
Duration of classes for various categories of people:
- for adults – about 40 minutes;
- pregnant women – 15-20 minutes.
- children and adolescents – 20-30 minutes.
Between exercises, you should take a break of 30 seconds.
Class Rules, Precautions
Fitball exercises have a number of rules and cautions:
- For practicing with the ball, it is recommended to choose a spacious room. All sharp and large objects should be removed from the ball, since such a neighborhood can lead to an unpleasant situation and even injury.
- Each workout should begin with a warm-up of the whole body, which will take no more than 10 minutes.
- If you can’t keep balance, then before starting classes at the base of the ball, it is recommended to put small pillows. Thanks to this fitball will become more stable.
- Concentration of attention is a necessary condition for the successful and proper implementation of each physical exercise. During training, you need to constantly maintain balance, which involve a large number of muscles.
- When training, you need to monitor your breathing. It should be smooth and rhythmic. While maintaining balance, in no case should you hold your breath.
- Sit on the ball with a flat back, so as not to overstrain the muscles of the spine.
- If pain or discomfort occurs during the exercise, you should stop it and choose easier and more suitable training options.
Contraindications to training
Practicing with fitball can be people of almost any age and state of health. However, for such sports equipment there is still a small number of contraindications.
Exercises on a fitball for weight loss are contraindicated in:
- The pathological process of internal organs.
- Intervertebral hernia.
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Pregnancy up to 12 weeks.
In pregnancy and the presence of any disease, before you start training with fitball, you should always consult your doctor.
Slimming exercises for the abdomen and sides
Regular exercises using a special ball in a sitting or lying position strengthen the abdominal muscles. They get rid of excess fat on the stomach, lifting it and making it attractive.
They also help to work out the deep and oblique abdominal muscles, which are rarely involved during classical trainin
g. It is worth noting that exercises on a special ball are not traumatic, since the fitball relieves the load on the lumbar.
Exercise will help build up the abdominal rectus muscles.
It is necessary to do it in the following sequence:
- Sit comfortably on the fitball. Bring legs together and set in front of you.
- Cross your arms on your chest or place them behind your head (do not hook your fingers into the lock).
- Take a breath. When exhaling, strain the press, slowly tilting forward head first, then shoulders and body. Press the chin slightly against the chest.
- On inspiration, return to the original position.
The lower the body is tilted forward, the more effective the stretching of the abdominal muscles will be.
Exercise helps to build up abs and develops back muscles.
It should be performed in the following sequence:
- Lie on the fitball so that the abdomen and pelvis are fully placed on the ball.
- Put your hands behind your head without locking your fingers into the lock.
- The body should form a straight line.
- On inspiration, bend back to the most comfortable level.
- When exhaling, return to its original position.
Performing the exercise, you can not help yourself with your hands, and also keep the abdominal muscles tense for a long time.
Passing fitball from hand to foot
Because of its complexity, this exercise is recommended only for people who have good physical fitness.
- Lie with your back on a karemat or a small rug. Legs should be straight.
- Raise the fitball over your head without bending your elbows.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and sit down slowly.
- Turn left and then right.
- Lower the fitball and squeeze it between your knees.
- Without bending your legs, again return to the karemat in a prone position.
- Tighten the abdominal muscles and slowly rise, taking a sitting position.
- Take the ball and with it rotate the housing to the left and right.
- Return to the original position.
Training should be carried out without jerking, smoothly and leisurely.
For burning fat on the buttocks
Fitball relatively quickly eliminates excess fat on the buttocks. With regular exercise, cellulite is reduced, and the muscles become elastic.
Exercise successfully helps burn fat and strengthen the lower back, relieving it of pain and tension.
- Lay a karemat and lie on it with your back.
- Raise the legs, fully placing the feet on the ball. The knees should form a right angle.
- On inspiration, lift the buttocks up without taking your shoulders off the karemat.
- When exhaling, take the initial position.
Exercise tightens the area of the buttocks and hips, effectively fights with the “orange peel”. Even beginners can do it.
- Lay a karemat, lie on it with your back.
- Put the legs straight on the ball.
- Tighten your knees as close to your chest as possible. At the same time, the feet should be rolled up to fitball.
- Straighten your legs by rolling the ball back and returning to its original position.
Exercise works well not only the buttocks, but also the inner side of the thigh. It also trains the ability to maintain balance and improves stretching.
- Turn your back to the fitball lying on the floor.
- Take your left leg back. Put the straightened sock on the ball.
- Bend the right leg while holding the left limb on the ball.
- Having straightened the right leg, carry out the same procedure, but with the left leg.
Fitball is an ideal remedy for cellulite and problem hips. During training with the ball, most of the muscles of the lower extremities are involved, due to which the so desired slimness of the hips can be achieved.
This exercise requires good coordination of movements. During its implementation, be sure to keep your back straight.
- Stand with your back to the wall. Fix the ball between the vertical surface and the back.
- Take 1-2 steps forward, while holding the fitball against the wall.
- Keeping this position, crouch slowly, allowing the fitball to roll along a vertical surface. Squat until the hips are parallel to the floor.
- Fix this pose for 20 seconds.
- Return to starting position.
There are 2 types of this exercise: direct and inverted. With a direct approach, you should lie on your back, with an inverted position – on your stomach.
- Lay a karemat, lie on it with your back or stomach.
- Gently lift the feet onto the ball.
- Alternately lift up one or the other leg, without bending them at the knees. In this case, the body should remain tightly pressed to the mat.
Mahi to the side
This is quite a hard exercise for people who do not have good physical skills. The fact is that strong arms and abdominal muscles are needed to complete it. When training, you can not bend the lower back so that there are no problems with it in the future.
- Rest your palms on the floor.
- Place straight legs on fitball.
- Take each leg to the side one by one.
Beginners can perform a lighter version of this exercise.
- Focus while lying with your palms on the surface of the ball. Hands do not bend at the elbows.
- Take aside the right leg. Hold her in the indicated position for 1-2 seconds.
- Repeat the above steps with the left foot.
Workout for back and arms
Exercises on the fitball for weight loss of the arms and back do not load the spine. They strengthen the muscles of the back, pump up arms and improve posture.
Exercise not only successfully works out the muscles of the back, but also helps to strengthen the lower abdominal press.
- To lay a karemat. Place it belly down.
- The ball does not squeeze between the
- Straighten your arms and stretch forward.
- When you inhale, raise your arms and legs up without bending them.
- Hold this position for 1-2 seconds.
- When exhaling, take the initial position.
Fitball Dumbbell Bench Press
Training with fitball and power shells successfully works out the muscles of the arms and chest.
- Place your back on the fitball, bending your knees.
- Take dumbbells, weighing 2 -4 pounds.
- Bend your elbows.
- When inhaling, bring your elbows together in front of your chest.
- When exhaling, part them.
Fat Burning Exercise Complexes
Exercises on a fitball for weight loss are more effective if you perform them in a complex. During complex exercises on the ball, most of the muscles of the body are worked out. The type of training and its duration is selected depending on the physical abilities of the person and the state of his health. Before starting exercise, a warm-up is needed to help warm the muscles.
Suitable for this purpose:
- jumping on the 1st or 2 legs;
- swings of the lower and upper limbs to the sides;
- body twists.
The warm-up lasts 5-10 minutes.
Daily Beginner Complex
Exercises for weight loss from this complex are designed for the initial level of physical fitness. Their duration is only 5-7 minutes. To achieve the desired result, training on fitball should be carried out regularly.
|Title||Duration||Number of approaches|
|Power Shell Press||10 times||2|
|Swing to the side||15 times for each leg||1|
|Lying on the back||15 times for each leg||1|
After all exercises, it is recommended that you stretch the muscles of the inner thigh within 10 minutes.
Complex for experienced
This program is designed for 6 days. 1 time in 2 days should increase the number of exercises by 4-5 times. The duration of the static squat should be increased to 2 minutes. On the 7th day, it is recommended to take a break.
|Title||Duration||Number of approaches|
|Twisting the body to work out the abdominal muscles||20 times||3|
|Leg lift||20 times||3|
|Passing the ball from hand to foot||15 times||2|
|Static squat||60 sec||2|
|Reverse squat||15 times for each leg||1|
Complex for women after childbirth
Pregnancy is a real test for the female body. After childbirth, a simple training program with fitball will help to restore the body to an attractive shape and get rid of excess fat. All exercises need to be done in 1 approach.
|Static squat||60 sec|
|Ball on the ball||20 times|
|Kicking the fitball||20 times|
|Plank with emphasis on the surface of the ball||60 sec|
|Body twisting||15 times|
You can complete the workout with a 5-minute stretch on the ball.
This complex is done in the morning. He perfectly trains the muscles of the body, charges for the whole day with energy and excellent mood. All exercises should be done in 1-2 approaches.
|Torso turns sitting on the ball||30 to 60 sec|
|Jumping sitting on a ball||30 to 60 sec|
|Tilts the body to the side while sitting on a ball||15 times each way|
|Jumping holding fitball in hands.||60 sec|
Fitball exercises to strengthen body muscles and lose weight can be performed at any rhythm. The use of power equipment, for example, dumbbells, will increase the effectiveness of classes.
Video lessons with exercises on fitball for weight loss
Fitball exercises for the whole body:
Exercises for hips and abdomen on fitball: