When it becomes necessary to purchase a hair dryer, the question naturally arises of which hair dryer is preferable, and how different these devices are from each other.
If you set a goal and find on the Internet a description of various brands of professional hair dryers, it becomes clear that these devices have different consumer characteristics. Each species is intended for its purpose, which is decisive in this choice.
- Who should use a professional hair dryer
- Features of Professional Hair Dryers
- Advantages and disadvantages of professional hair dryers
- What is the difference between a professional hair dryer and an ordinary household
- Types of Professional Hair Dryers
- Professional Hair Dryer Recommendations
- 5 best professional hair dryer models of 2021
- The best professional hair dryer for styling
- The best professional hair dryer with a rotating brush
- The best professional hair dryer with ionization
- The best professional hair dryer with diffuser
- The best professional hair dryer with hub
- Professional Hair Dryer Reviews
- Video: Professional hair dryers
Who should use a professional hair dryer
Everyone wants to have a well-groomed, stylish hairstyle every day. But to use the services of a hairdresser every day is almost impossible, and very expensive. Therefore, the choice of a professional hair dryer becomes the best solution to this issue.
A professional hair dryer is simply necessary for specialists in this field – for hairdressers, fashion designers and stylists. Modern hairdryer brands provide an opportunity for unlimited flight of creative thought and have many features indispensable in this profession.
- For the whole family and at home. Such hairdryers will be good helpers for home use. Unlike ordinary household appliances, they have an expanded line of capabilities and can be used for the whole family, for people with different types of hair and individual needs.
- For travelers and vacationers. Proffen could become an indispensable assistant for people who travel a lot and often. He will easily dry, put his hair in a hairstyle beautifully and make it possible to look creative on vacation. However, this choice is not suitable for those who like to travel light, because such an apparatus is not for a small suitcase.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Features of Professional Hair Dryers
Professional hair dryers have their own characteristics and several advantages. When choosing such a technique, you need to consider all of its capabilities and prepare for an expensive purchase.
Distinctive features of professional devices are:
- Great power. Most modern hair dryers have declared power in the amplitude of 2200 to 2600 watts. With these indicators, it is possible to dry your hair or do a hairstyle much faster.
- Quality materials. As a rule, high-quality lightweight plastic is used for the manufacture of hairdryers –professionals, the case has shock-resistant characteristics, which affects the period of use of this device.
- Light weight, long cord. Due to the use of lightweight materials, the mass of the device can be 600 g. The length of the power cord is also important – in this technique it is at least 4’9 foot.
- Universality. Professional hair dryers are suitable for all types of hair and can be used to solve many problems (for example, to create a tight curl or straighten curly hair), which makes them universal and multifunctional.
- Temperature adjustment. In all models of such hair dryers there is an adjustment of the air flow temperature – from cold, to warm and hot.
- Several air supply speeds. Another useful feature that is used either for simple hair drying or to create fluffiness and beautiful curls.
- A large number of additional nozzles. Modern hairdryers are equipped with a whole arsenal of all kinds of nozzles – a diffuser, a rotating brush, straighteners, hairbrushes, a hub.
- The presence of an ionizer . In some models of professional hair dryers, the ionizer is present “by default”, in others – this function can be turned on or off.
- Durability, manufacturer’s warranty. Proffen are designed for high power and long operating mode of operation, which is supported by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Ease of use. The work of a professional hair dryer is understandable and does not cause any difficulties, but nevertheless, you need to get used to and “fill” your hand with the new model of such specialized equipment.
Advantages and disadvantages of professional hair dryers
If we compare professional and household hair dryers, as well as individual brands and manufacturers with each other, we can identify both desirable and undesirable characteristics of these devices by comparison. Through analysis based on reviews from real hair dryer buyers, the following quality indicators are identified.
- Functionality. Modern devices are equipped with a large number of nozzles for solving many problems – drying, giving volume, hair straightening or creating a curl. In addition, professional hair dryers have a thermal protection system for hair, ionization (from static electricity and magnetization),
- Long power cord. To work in the salon with numerous clients is an undeniable plus. Modern models of proffen have a cord from 6’6 foot long and a hanging loop.
- The convenience of use. Hair dryers have an ergonomic comfortable rubberized handle (in some models it folds up), a well-thought-out arrangement of mode buttons, and in modern devices and a small weight of up to 560 grams.
- Price. Of course, a good quality hairdryer is expensive. Its cost can range from $ 41. up to $ 272, and more “sophisticated” models cost even more.
- Weight and dimensions. A reinforced motor and high power increase the mass of the device and its dimensions. This is inconvenient and difficult for hairdressers, as they have to work all day with such a “weight” on their hands, but progress does not stand still.
What is the difference between a professional hair dryer and an ordinary household
The difference is fundamental, from appearance to functionality and service life. This can be compared with natural or artificial honey. Bees did a good job of this, and it has a lot of usefulness, and artificial is just sugar molasses, similar to this product.
Here are some dist
- The first difference is destination. Household low-power hair dryers can only be used at home, while a professional hair dryer is intended for salons and hairdressers. It should be noted that recently the fair sex prefer to have a good professional hair dryer at home.
- Cost. Proffena is many times more expensive than its domestic “brothers”, but the service life of the latter is much less.
- A professional hair dryer is much more powerful than a simple household hair dryer. If the latter barely reaches up to 1500 watts in power, then professional equipment can reach a power of 2600 watts.
- The functionality of household hair dryers is very limited. Most often, their work involves only drying the hair, and professional hair dryers allow the master to create real masterpieces on his head.
- The dimensions and weight of proffen are much greater than that of household appliances . But the latest innovations of well-known brands prove that thanks to modern technology, this gap has been successfully corrected.
Types of Professional Hair Dryers
The modern market is filled with a wide range of good and smart hair techniques.
Any fashionista can find the right device for herself, taking into account her needs and creative ideas:
|Styler||A hair dryer, a professional styler, resembles a curling iron and an “ironing” in appearance. Its functions are numerous – creating curls, straightening and polishing curly hair, drying. The styler has many different nozzles for creating volume, for untangling hair, for creating a vertical or horizontal curl and curl, as well as for creating a “corrugation” or “cone” curl.|
|Hair dryer||This device is a combination of a rounded brush and a hairdryer with different stages of heating the air flow. During the supply of a stream of heated air, the brush rotates, pulls and twists the curl in the direction of rotation. All control of the hairdryer is on the handle, several buttons can change the styling temperature and rotation speed.
Fashionistas are very fond of this hair dryer, as it very quickly helps to dry hair and do styling at the same time. Some models of such a hair dryer have 2 or 3 brush rotation speeds, a ceramic coating and a cap-cap to protect the bristles during storage.
|Hub||A hair dryer with a hub is the first combat “weapon” of a professional stylist. If a hair dryer does not have this important nozzle, it cannot be categorized as a pro. The hub is a round hollow tube, flattened on both sides. Its purpose is to concentrate the air flow and direct it to a lock of hair for drying or fixing with temperature. In some models, the hub has a rotation, which facilitates the task of the stylist. The standard dimensions of the hub are the nozzle length of 2 – 2’8 inch with a width of 2’4 – 3’5 inch, the width of the outlet nozzle is 0’4 inch.|
|Diffuser||Almost all professional hair dryers have a nozzle diffuser. This is a concentric nozzle with “fingers” that let an air stream through it. Manufacturers claim that it is designed to increase the volume of hair. However, this is not true. In fact, this nozzle helps to quickly dry hair, especially long ones, without overheating and without overdrying the scalp, and the creation of an additional volume with its help is extremely doubtful.|
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Professional Hair Dryer Recommendations
First you need to decide for what purpose a hair dryer is purchased, what task it should perform, and who will use it. If this device is bought exclusively for home or for work in the salon – you can safely choose a professional model with a large arsenal of nozzles.
If the hairdryer is planned for travel, its model should be as light as possible, better folding or miniature household.
Hair dryer selection by performance:
- Design, workmanship, convenience. This is the first thing you should pay attention to. It is better to hold the hair dryer in your hand and “walk” through all the buttons.
- Power. This indicator should correspond to the intended task of the hair dryer. A hair dryer with a power of 1000 watts is suitable for simple styling, 1700 watts for creating a curl and drying, 2400 watts for very fast drying and creating creative hairstyles.
- The presence of the necessary nozzles. This is due to the task required of the hairdryer. But for creativity – all nozzles are good and necessary.
- Additional features include thermal protection , an ionizer, and cold air features. These indicators are less significant, but, nevertheless, are necessary to maintain healthy hair.
- Manufacturer. As a rule, the best manufacturer of hair dryers is “by ear” for everyone. Whether to give preference to a well-known or less well-known brand is a personal matter for every customer.
5 best professional hair dryer models of 2021
Based on customer reviews, one can identify the 5 best models of professional hair dryers that have gained particular popularity this year.
The best professional hair dryer for styling
BABYLISS BELISS BRUSHING 2736E
An interesting novelty in its form of hair dryers. It has a very attractive design, comfortable and energy efficient. The set includes 4 original nozzles made of natural bristle material.
With a small power of 1000 watts, this hair dryer is able to do quick drying, straighten and polish hair from roots to ends, and also twist the strand into a beautiful elastic curl. The hair dryer has a hair tension control system, ceramic coating of the teeth of the brush nozzles and the “cold flow” function.
- many convenient and useful nozzles;
- ceramic coating;
- rotation of the brushes in both directions;
- long rotating power cord.
- convenient case.
- price (from $ 75);
- weight (more
than 400 gr).
The best professional hair dryer with a rotating brush
PHILIPS HP 8665
Rotating hair dryer for quick, gentle drying of hair and gentle styling. For the bristles of the brush, natural raw materials are used – bristles that smooth the strand well and prevent it from tangling.
The hair dryer has several stages of heating, and the ceramic coating of the working heating parts prevents overheating and scalp burns. The rotation of the brush has a reverse direction – it is very convenient on long, elongated hair and facilitates the process of creating a hairstyle.
This model has an ionization function with protection against static electricity. The set includes round nozzles of different sizes, with a diameter of 1’2 – 2 inch, which allow you to create large curls and a tight elastic curl.
- ceramic coating;
- 3 heating modes and brush rotation speeds;
- rotating cord, eyelet for hanging;
- plastic caps for storing brushes.
- short cord ( 5’9 foot);
- few nozzles;
- there is no “cold air” function;
- inconvenient arrangement of buttons on the handle;
- too soft bristles.
The best professional hair dryer with ionization
BOSCH PHD 5980
Powerful proffen, has 2 independent heating and speed controllers. The hair dryer is equipped with only two nozzles that perfectly perform their functions. The concentrator gives a well-directed stream, the diffuser gives splendor even to very thin hair.
The hair dryer has an ionization function, which prevents the magnetization of the hair and protects it from drying out during heat exposure. For the best fixation of styling, this model has a “turbo” function, which increases the warm air flow at high speed.
- high power (2200 W);
- function “turbo”, “cold air”;
- air intake with removable grill;
- flexible network cord, hanging eyelet.
- big weight (more than 700 gr);
- very large dimensions, especially with a diffuser nozzle;
- very tight buttons for switching speed and temperature modes;
- short power cord ( 5’9 foot).
The best professional hair dryer with diffuser
BOSCH PHD 5962
Powerful (2200 W) and very stylish model with diffuser nozzle. It has 6 temperature and speed modes. Two nozzles are included – a diffuser and an air concentrator, and there is also a removable air intake grille. The model is very easy to use, but it performs its tasks perfectly.
The hair dryer is equipped with an ionization function and is suitable even for very curly, thin and problematic hair.
- a large number of speed and temperature modes;
- cold air function;
- removable air intake filter;
- eyelet for hanging.
- very large dimensions and weight (more than 900 g);
- short power cord ( 5’9 foot);
- poorly adjusted mode buttons;
- it is difficult to change nozzles.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The best professional hair dryer with hub
SCARLETT SC-HD 70l04
Hair dryer, professional SCARLETT SC-HD 70l04 – a very stylish and beautiful hair dryer, but with little power. Designed for gentle drying and styling of even very thin, lifeless and weakened hair. The hair dryer is equipped with one single nozzle-hub, but everything is thought out to the smallest detail. With its help, you can lay your hair in beautiful curls and increase the volume at the roots.
This hair dryer is convenient to hold in your hand, it will not slip out, as the handle and some parts are rubberized and have an ergonomic shape. The hair dryer is equipped with an ionizer and an overheat protection system, so this unit is configured for long and high-quality operation.
- low power (1 000 W), but good gentle work;
- ergonomic body, rubberized parts;
- convenient folding handle;
- long power cord ( 6’6 foot);
- there is no nozzle diffuser;
- starts to work at maximum temperature.
Professional Hair Dryer Reviews
The opinions of experts and ordinary customers on this type of technology are contradictory, and sometimes radically opposite. Of course, the requirements of professional hairdressers, stylists and ordinary users to such hair dryers are completely different and each has its own truth.
However, one must take into account the fact that more and more fashionistas want to have a professional hair dryer at home – powerful, convenient and inexpensive. Therefore, before choosing and buying such a technique, it will be useful to know the opinion of ordinary customers.
All reviews can be divided by type of proffen and technical characteristics of each of them.
If we summarize all the available user reviews of this technique, we get the following:
- Most buyers prefer professional hairdryers, but do not exclude the possibility of having simple household hair dryers as an alternative to a more compact and mobile device (say, a travel or camping option).
- The overwhelming majority of positive reviews were given to powerful devices that have a large number of various functions and attachments.
- A large number of “likes” are given to professional hair dryers having the greatest degree of hair protection. Therefore, devices with ceramic coatings, ionizers are appreciated.
- An important role is played by the design of hair dryers, their ergonomics and ease of use. According to customer reviews, it turned out that most professional hair dryers a
re very bulky and heavy. Only some models of this technique have great power in combination with low weight.
- A large number of positive and negative reviews are written about the operation of the device and its functions. Opinions were divided, but there are much more positive reviews than negative ones.
- And, of course, the price. Good durable equipment has always been expensive. But not every customer can pay 20000 or even $ 408 for a high-quality and multi-functional hairdryer. And you always want to be beautiful. Therefore, many negative reviews relate to the high cost of this device.
Professional hair dryers have become necessary and sought after devices in luxury salons, hairdressers and in everyday life. This encourages manufacturers to create new, improved models, adapted to any requirement and task, with high quality characteristics.
Video: Professional hair dryers
Choose a professional hair dryer: