Guasha is one of the oldest massage techniques of the East. It is believed that such massage is of Chinese origin. This is confirmed by special scrapers found during excavations of ancient burials.
Archaeological exhibits are made of the favorite stone of the Chinese – jade. Such scrapers, presumably, performed the gouache procedure several centuries ago.
Guash massage is rightly called one of the most democratic, as the procedure for such procedures has never been kept in strict confidence. This means that massage therapists were in demand both in the imperial palaces and in the poorest Chinese villages.
- The goals of massage technology
- Types of gouache
- Indications for the procedure
- Contraindications and limitations
- Effect and Benefit
- Massage preparation
- Gouache scrapers
- Material, scraper shape
- Scraper Techniques
- Massage oil
- Recipe 1
- Recipe 2
- Procedure Technique
- Face and neck
- Back massage
- Tummy massage
- Other parts of the body
- When does the massage effect appear
- Important nuances and tips
- Useful video materials about gouache and some non-traditional massage techniques: what it is, technique, results
The goals of massage technology
According to the interpretation of Chinese teachings, a person develops a disease as a result of the harmful effects of factors such as cold, damp, wind or heat.
Acting mainly through the skin, they cause the appearance of areas with slow circulation of blood and lymph. Therefore, in order to bring the negative received from the outside back, one must also act through the skin.
The goal of gouache massage is to restore human health, which is achieved by eliminating stagnant phenomena in the tissues of the body by the method of special effects on its different zones
By eliminating these problematic “foci of the onset of the disease,” such a massage eliminates the very cause of health problems and, of course, its consequences.
Types of gouache
This type of gouache procedures is used when it is necessary to establish exactly which organs or systems in the human body need treatment. Massage is carried out not only on the back of the patient, but also on the chest, arms, stomach, legs, head.
Most often, diagnostic gouache is already used in the first procedure of the course.
After a special treatment of the skin with the help of a scraper, the master determines in which system of the body the disturbances occurred according to various spots (the so-called “sha” spots) and points.
Spots and dots appear precisely in the areas of projections of the pathological processes occurring in the body. Such knowledge allows the massage therapist to work further with a specific focus of action.
In addition to diagnostics, gouache massage enhances the blood flow in the muscles, which relaxes them. This helps to eliminate spasms, regulates the energy balance of the body, in this way, additionally protecting it from the appearance of many serious diseases.
Preventive gouache massage activates the metabolic processes and accelerates the removal of toxic substances, toxins through the skin and other excretory systems that function in the human body. This massage is carried out using specially prepared oil or balm.
The procedure for this type of massage involves the selection of one of 3 techniques for influencing the skin:
- The tool moves quickly, with fairly strong pressure.
- The movements of the instrument are slow, with a slight pressure.
- The scraper moves slowly, but with strong pressure.
The duration of the procedure is 30 minutes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
The healing effect of gouache massage is based on the fact that reflexogenic points located on the surface of the human body have a connection with internal organs and body systems. This makes it possible to influence the entire body through the zone of such massage for the purpose of healing.
During the procedure, blood circulation and lymph circulation are accelerated, and the rate of elimination of toxic substances also increases. Often, healing massage is supplemented by vacuum skin treatment methods (using cans), acupuncture (using needles) and acupressure (pinpoint fingers).
Healing gouache increases the elasticity of blood and lymph vessels, which accelerates their movement, as well as the movement of qi energy in the meridians (channels that conduct energy) under the skin of a person.
According to ancient teachings, this allows you to achieve a balance between the energies of Yin and Yang in the body and get the maximum cleansing of the body.
During the course of treatment with gouache massage after 1 or 2 procedures, you can notice that the signs of the disease have increased slightly. An unpleasant odor from the skin may also be present.
These features of the human condition indicate the presence of active detoxification processes in the tissues of the body. After a few days, these phenomena disappear, and there is a clear improvement in health status.
With the help of healing massage, you can eliminate the following diseases:
- osteochondrosis, since such a massage removes swelling well and increases the flexibility of spinal segments;
- cholecystitis; problems associated with gallbladder diseases are resolved gently and painlessly;
- a cold exposure to areas of the body associated with breathing removes swelling of the bronchi, resulting in coughing;
- diseases of the heart muscle and cardiovascular system; gouache procedures lower blood pressure and normalize the heart rate;
- massage removes neurosis, improves sleep and appetite, improves immunity and restores the shaken nervous system;
- diseases that developed in the pelvic organs; by enhancing blood flow and lymph flow in this area of the body, gouache massage contributes to the disappearance of stagnant and adhesive formations;
- some diseases of the stomach and intestines.
In modern China, regular gouache treatments are considered an essential part of a healthy and fulfilling life. This is one of the main differences between Chinese and European medicine.
This type of massage is used to increase the elasticity and rejuvenation of the facial skin. During the procedure, scrapers made of agate or jade are used. These minerals in contact with the skin help get rid of puffiness.
Cosmetic gouache is recommended for people who have the following problems:
- actively occurrin
g aging processes in the tissues of the skin of the face;
- dark spots on the face (pigmented);
- the presence of acne on the face;
- increased activity of glands secreting sebaceous matter on the face.
Scraper massage increases the elasticity of facial muscles of the face, relaxes most of the facial muscles, improves blood circulation and lymph circulation in the facial tissues. Intensive renewal processes are activated in the skin cells, which leads to their significant rejuvenation.
Indications for the procedure
Gouache massage helps to solve a wide range of health problems and improve physical condition:
- This is one of the most optimal ways to remove toxic substances and wastes from the human body.
- Headaches go away after a gouache massage, as the vessels expand and blood flow improves.
- For some joint diseases, gouache techniques can eliminate pain and unhealthy swelling, as well as increase the motor activity of the affected joint.
- In the presence of osteochondrosis, the use of gouache massage helps relieve muscle spasm, eliminate pain and swelling.
- The impact on a certain point, which is located on the projection of the lungs, is often used in the practice of gouache in the treatment of various colds.
- If your legs go numb, they feel heaviness and discomfort – using gouache therapy will help to solve these problems.
- In the treatment of diseases of the gallbladder, pelvic organs, many female gynecological diseases, as well as problems with the intestines – gouache massage techniques are indicated for use.
- If a person has acne or acne on the skin of the face, gouache will help get rid of such defects.
- With diagnosed diseases of the human nervous system, poor sleep, general weakness of the body, gouache massage is also indicated for treatment.
Contraindications and limitations
Guasha should not be carried out if a person:
- there is an allergic reaction to the oil used for the procedure;
- hypersensitive skin;
- there are mechanical damage to the skin;
- there are not completely fused bone fractures;
- blood pressure often rises;
- kidney disease
- poor blood coagulation;
- dropsy, which appeared due to cirrhosis of the liver;
- skin infectious diseases;
- noticeable nodes of varicose origin;
- oncological diseases;
- heart failure;
- mental disorders in acute form;
- anasarca (very large edema);
- state of pregnancy, period of breastfeeding;
- monthly cycle in women.
During the massage, it is necessary to pay attention to the presence of birthmarks or moles in the patient. Such skin lesions should not be touched.
Effect and Benefit
The gouache massage procedure is highly effective, as it is based on a dialogue with the human body through the channels of the body’s internal energy – meridians. A true gouache master knows how to remove blockages along the path of qi energy in the human body, thus eliminating the cause and consequences of the disease.
The impact on the reflex zones of the human body allows you to accelerate blood flow and metabolic processes in the skin tissues, activate endogenous (formed directly by cells and tissues) substances, which leads to the healing and rejuvenation of the skin and the whole body.
The cosmetic effects of this massage are: burning subcutaneous adipose tissue and reducing areas of cellulite; restoration of muscle tone of the face; removal of excess fluid from tissues; reduction of edema and sagging skin.
You can increase the level of effectiveness of the gouache procedure by including elements of vacuum massage and cauterization techniques with a special wormwood cigar in the composition of the methods used.
Before starting the massage, the human body must be wiped with a damp cloth, and then greased with special oil or balm.
The most appropriate when performing such procedures is the use of balms prepared on herbs. It is important that the substances that lubricate the body are hypoallergenic and create a good sliding effect.
Material, scraper shape
Centuries ago, Taoist monks practiced gouache massage using special stones. Later appeared massage scrapers made from the horn of a black buffalo. Before use, such tools were boiled in 18 secret Chinese solutions.
To this day, a scraper made using this technology is considered the best tool for gouache massage, as it has the ability to accumulate energy during procedures and give it away in the next session.
Nowadays, scrapers are made of various materials. It can be traditional jade, agate or animal bone.
Scrapers can have a triangular, round or rectangular shape, as well as the shape of a comb (for head massage). It is very important that the edges of the scrapers are smooth and rounded, in order to avoid injury to the skin during the procedure.
During the gouache massage procedure, there is a direct effect of scrapers on certain parts of the human body, while the direction is chosen along the energy lines passing un
der the skin – meridians.
There are several dozen such lines on the human body, of which 12 meridians are considered the main ones. The gouache master knows the scheme of the main meridians, and the movements of his scraper pass along such lines.
The technique of performing movements with a scraper depends on the goal and can be chosen from 3 options:
- the scraper moves quickly and presses hard;
- the scraper moves slowly and presses weakly;
- the scraper moves slowly and presses hard.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
When performing the procedure, coconut or olive oil should be used. To achieve the maximum effect of opening the pores of the skin and heating its surface in oil, which serves as the basis, it is customary to add several more components.
Such a tool is not difficult to do on your own.
When coconut oil (100 g) is taken as the basis, several components will be required for it, taken in equal proportions (1 teaspoon each):
- cocoa powder;
- cocoa oil;
- rosehip oil;
- Vitamin E
- vanilla powder.
All ingredients must be mixed until a homogeneous substance. This composition must be stored in a clean glass jar, in a cool and dark place.
Another option for making gouache massage oil includes the following ingredients:
- olive oil (this is the basis, it will need 100 g);
- 5 drops of tamanu oil;
- 12 drops of vitamin E;
- 5 drops of marigold flower oil;
- cocoa powder (2 teaspoons);
- mumiyo (10 tablets);
- tea extract (preferably green, 2 teaspoons).
Face and neck
Massage of the face and neck is considered the most time-consuming among the varieties of gouache procedures. The tools for its implementation are 2 special small scrapers.
Before the massage, it is necessary to cleanse the face and neck with a cosmetic milk. The procedure can be carried out both when using preparations for lubricating the skin, and without them, on cleaned and dry skin.
The movements of the master should be directed along the lines of conventional massage from the middle of the face down and along the neck in both directions.
Procedures of this kind can be performed every day, because the skin when using the practices of gouache does not deform and does not stretch. Cosmetic massage lasts 1.5 hours.
At the end of such a massage, experts recommend drinking slightly warmed water in the next day to help the body remove toxic substances faster.
Body massage should be carried out in a ventilated, but not cold room, in the absence of drafts.
- The movements of the master should be directed along the spine (along the meridian of the bladder), from the legs to the head;
- Then the scraper moves along the anteromedian and posteromedian meridians, according to their layout;
- After that, the turn comes to working out the meridian of the gallbladder, the meridian of the triple heater and some others, depending on the problem being solved (treatment of a particular disease). The scraper moves most often from the center to the sides, by stroke movements, with varying degrees of pressure on the skin. Pressure strength is selected by the master individually for each patient.
According to Chinese tradition, the number of times a scraper is applied to one treated area of the body depends on the age and gender of the person.
The following standard exists:
- young girls – 6;
- young men – 7;
- adult women – 8;
- adult males – 9.
During the massage, a person feels pressure on the skin, tingling, sometimes slight discomfort. The patient’s body is wiped several times during the massage with a damp cloth to remove toxic substances released on the skin.
The duration of a back massage is about 30 minutes. Sha spots that appear on the back after scraper treatment usually disappear from the skin surface after 2 days.
Carrying out procedures on the abdomen is indicated in the presence of excess body fat in this area of the body, as well as with the appearance of stretch marks in women after pregnancy and childbirth.
It is forbidden to massage on the abdomen if a person has abnormalities of the internal organs of the abdomen or unhealed joints after surgery
For women, contraindications are also: a month cycle, pregnancy or a postpartum period of less than 5 months.
The massage procedure on the abdomen is performed with an empty bladder and an empty rectum. After the last meal, 2 hours should pass before the massage begins.
- The procedure begins with scraping movements with a scraper in the area of the body, located below the navel to a width of 2 fingers, from top to bottom;
- Then the same movements are made over the navel;
- After that, the master proceeds to scraping movements from the upper processing zone to the areas to the right and left of the navel, after which he repeats the same from the lower processing zone of the abdomen.
The first 2 days after such a massage, experts recommend drinking slightly heated water to enhance metabolic processes in the skin tissues.
Other parts of the body
On the legs and arms, gouache procedures are carried out along the meridians of the limbs, from top to bottom, without affecting the joints. The force of pressing the scraper is selected by the master in accordance with the physical data of the patient’s health and taking into account the set goal.
After the procedure, the patient should drink slightly warmed water during the day.
When does the massage effect appear
When using gouache techniques, the result is already visible during the massage proc
edure. The skin turns red, a burning sensation appears. Dark spots and dots appear on the surface of the skin of the treated area of the body, sometimes their color can even be black.
It is believed that in order to increase the effectiveness of a gouache massage session, you should tap parts of the human body along the lines of energy transfer, thus activating subcutaneous meridians. However, such actions require the master to have special knowledge.
Manual practitioners claim, characterizing gouache massage, that this is such an effect on the body that always gives an excellent result.
A noticeable improvement in human health is observed immediately after the first gouache session
Important nuances and tips
When using the practice of gouache, it is necessary to take into account the specific nuances:
- on the day of the procedure, the patient should drink about 0,5 gallon of water at room temperature;
- gouache massage can not be carried out immediately after a meal or if the patient has a feeling of hunger;
- it is forbidden to carry out the procedure for a person who is drunk or is under the influence of drugs;
- should not increase the duration of the procedures – this may lead to opposite results;
- depending on the level of skin sensitivity and the physical condition of a person, “shea” spots disappear after a few hours or after 5 days; until the “shi” have disappeared, the next procedure cannot be done;
- after the gouache procedure, chronic diseases may worsen in some people, this phenomenon is not considered dangerous and is temporary; Following an exacerbation, there is always a significant and lasting improvement;
- when conducting massage, you should avoid touching birthmarks and convex skin formations;
- after the gouache massage procedures, a noticeable improvement in health can be observed for several days (this happens most often), but soon there comes a time of weakness, when a person thinks he does not have enough strength; such a reaction is due to the high detoxification rate of the body and the acceleration of metabolic processes in the tissues. After 2 days, the patient’s health status is stabilized.
According to statistics, the Chinese live much longer than Europeans, while differing in enviable physical activity until they are old. Therefore, it is far from accidental that Chinese wellness practices are now becoming increasingly popular in Europe.
Useful video materials about gouache and some non-traditional massage techniques: what it is, technique, results
Technique for gouache massage on the face:
Guash face massage with jade scraper:
Chinese alternative massage: what is it:
What is Guaza energy massage: