Exercises with dumbbells are a good helper for productive work on the body. You can develop various programs that will work out both specific muscle groups and the entire body.
- What is the effect of training with dumbbells
- Pros and cons of training with dumbbells
- How to choose a dumbbell
- Basic principles of home training with dumbbells for girls
- Best Exercises With Dumbbell Chest
- On shoulders
- On the back
- On triceps
- On legs and abs
- Effective Strength Exercise
- The best home complex for girls
- Proper nutrition during training
- Main mistakes
- Dumbbell Exercise Program Video
What is the effect of training with dumbbells
Training with dumbbells refers to the power load, which is also necessary for the body.
Properly performed exercises allow you to achieve excellent results:
- Classes with weights make training even more effective and productive.
- Girls will be able to transform their body and remove extra pounds.
- Strength training with dumbbells will strengthen the joints.
- Intensive exercises with dumbbells can accelerate metabolic processes in the human body.
- Dumbbells are a great and proven tool to help make your arms tighter and pump your body.
Pros and cons of training with dumbbells
Undoubtedly, dumbbells are a great way to diversify your workouts. However, they have both advantages and disadvantages.
|The benefits of exercising with dumbbells||Cons of training with dumbbells|
|Using dumbbells, you can work on a specific area.||Dumbbells go up to a certain weight. And if you need a larger load, then they will not work. And you will need to take the bar.|
|Intensive training with inventory helps to reduce weight and maintain it at the right level.||The human body gradually gets used to the load. Over time, you need to use a heavier shell, and this entails additional costs.|
|You can exercise with dumbbells at home.||When using dumbbells at the time of training, it is important to correctly perform the exercises so as not to harm the body and not get injured.|
|With the help of dumbbells, you can evenly distribute the load between the hands.||Sometimes girls pick up the wrong program. And instead of a slender body, they get too swollen arms and other parts of the body.|
|Thanks to the use of dumbbells, the bones become stronger.||When training with dumbbells, there is practically no load on the legs. Mostly the upper body is being worked out.|
|Dumbbells will be a good start for physical activity after injuries.||Storage space for dumbbells or discs with extra weight.|
|You can exercise with a shell at any age. The main thing is to choose the right weight.|
|Training with dumbbells has a positive effect on the heart and blood vessels.|
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
How to choose a dumbbell
There is a wide variety of dumbbells on the market. All of them differ in material and weight. At the moment, there are 2 types of shells: solid and collapsible dumbbells. The advantage of adjustable dumbbells is that you can add weight to them using an additional disk. The weight of such a pancake is from 500 g to 22 pounds. But they cost more than solid ones.
The weight of dumbbells starts from 750 g and ends with 55 pounds. Who needs a large mass, you need to look for an alternative.
The choice of dumbbells depends, first of all, on the goals of the training:
- If a girl needs to reduce weight, it is better to choose equipment weighing up to 4 pounds.
- Whole dumbbells are most suitable for girls.
- Men should choose collapsible shells to be able to maximize the load.
- To work on the chest muscles, the girl needs to give preference to dumbbells from 6 -11 pounds.
- To pump up arms and make them hardy, a woman must choose a shell weighing no more than 15 pounds.
- To work on the muscles of the back, dumbbells from 9 -22 pounds are suitable.
Basic principles of home training with dumbbells for girls
An exercise program with dumbbells will help girls achieve a slim and fit figure. You can do it at home, where a person feels more comfortable.
Important points in home training with dumbbells for girls are:
- Properly selected projectile weight. You need to start with the smallest mass, increasing the load over time.
- It is best to have dumbbells of different weights.
- At home training, do not forget about warm-up and stretching.
- Despite the fact that classes are held at home, you need to choose comfortable sportswear.
- To achieve a good result, it is best to exercise 3 times every other day, giving the body the opportunity to recover.
- The first training should last no more than 15 minutes. With subsequent classes, you can gradually increase the time.
- To work out all the muscles, you need to make a program in advance. It should pay more attention to problem areas.
- Each exercise should be performed at a moderate pace for several approaches. Do not forget to pause between them.
Best Exercises With Dumbbell Chest
Exercises using dumbbells can strengthen the muscles of the chest and tighten it.
To tighten the pectoral muscles:
- Conveniently located on the floor. Bend your arms at your elbows, and put
dumbbells in your hands.
- When inhaling, move the hands with the inventory up and hold for about 3 seconds.
- As you exhale, slowly lower it.
Lifting dumbbells while lying on a bench:
- Sit down on a bench, brushes with a clamped projectile put aside.
- On inhalation, straight arms are folded above the chest.
- Hold out in such a stance for 3 seconds.
- Return to starting position.
Lifting dumbbells lying on an incline bench:
- Sit down on a bench and take dumbbells.
- Hands with inventory are in line with the shoulders and bent at right angles.
- Slowly straighten the limb up.
- Also slowly return back.
Exercise with dumbbells pays attention to strengthening the shoulder muscles and forearm.
Sitting dumbbell lift:
- Take a seat in a chair or bench.
- Take dumbbells in your hands and take them to the sides. Bend your arms at a right angle.
- When exhaling the limbs to the elbow, move up and hold for about 3 seconds.
- Lower as you inhale.
Lead of arms with dumbbells in a sitting position:
- Sit comfortably on a chair or any surface. Tilt your back a little.
- Hands with dumbbells down below.
- On inhalation, part the limbs to the sides, forming a straight line with the shoulders.
- Inhaling, return the limbs back into place.
Lifting dumbbells in an incline:
- Bend your back forward and sit down a little.
- Hands with dumbbells are at the bottom, the back is parallel to the floor.
- On inhaling, pull your hands to your chest.
- On exhalation, return to the starting position.
Training with dumbbells is actively working out the biceps.
Bending the arm with a dumbbell behind your head:
- Sit on a bench or chair. Feet set wide.
- Take the inventory in the left hand and straighten the limb.
- When exhaling, the arm should bend behind the head.
- When inhaling, it is worth straightening again.
- Make a couple of times and do the right hand.
Incline Dumbbell Lifting:
- Lie down on an inclined bench. Hands with inventory down.
- Slowly bend at the elbows. Dumbbells should be in line with the chest.
- Return to starting position.
Bending arms with dumbbells while standing:
- Take a comfortable position. Hands with a shell are near the body.
- With a breath, arms bent at the elbows, bring closer to the chest.
- Stay in such a stance for 2 seconds.
- Exhaling, lower your hands.
On the back
The program of exercises with dumbbells for the back allows you to strengthen her muscles and make the posture smooth and beautiful.
To develop the spinal muscles:
- Legs bent slightly are a short distance from each other.
- Tilt your back forward so that it becomes parallel with the floor.
- Inhaling, spread your arms to the sides, the back should not change position.
- With an exhale, the hands move back.
- Feet comfortably apart.
- In each brush is one shell. Hands are located near the body.
- Sit as you exhale until the shell touches the floor. At the same time, do not bend your back.
- Hold for 2 sec. With an exhale rise.
- The legs are slightly bent, the back is slightly tilted.
- Straight arms with dumbbells are located in front of the knees.
- Slowly straighten your back, hands should be fixed at hip level.
- Slowly tilt your back back.
A program with dumbbells for the back will be a good prevention of problems with the spine. With the right technique for performing exercises, the load on the back will be minimal.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
In training with dumbbells, you can separately do triceps.
Bend your arms with one projectile behind your head:
- Feet should be at shoulder distance. In both hands, take 1 dumbbell and lift the limbs above the head.
- When inhaling, lower your arms bent at the elbows, lower your head.
- On exhalation, return up.
Climbing dumbbells with a narrow grip:
- Lie down on the bench. Feet should remain on the floor. In the brush with a narrow grip take the inventory.
- Arms bent at right angles are along the body.
- When you exhale, straighten your arms up.
- On inspiration, bring it back.
Bending one arm behind the head:
- Get up straight. Take a shell in your right hand and lift it up.
- Bend the limb slowly behind the head.
- Slowly straighten again.
- After several repetitions, change the limb and repeat all over again.
On legs and abs
Performing the usual exercises to strengthen the legs and abs, together with dumbbells, makes it possible to obtain a more effective load.
For the press:
- Sit down on the mat. Press your back to the surface, and bend your legs.
- Take dumbbells in a brush and place them behind your head.
- Slowly pull up to your knees. The loin should remain on the floor.
- Return to original position.
To work on the press and sides:
- The legs are a little apart, and the hands with the shell are lowered along the body.
- First you need to bend to the right side. The hand should lower to the knee.
- Return to or
- Tilt the other way.
To work on the legs:
- Legs slightly apart.
- Hands with inventory are located along the torso.
- Left leg to lunge forward and hold for a couple of seconds.
- Rise back.
- Lunge with the right foot.
Climbing the bench:
- Take up inventory and place limbs along the body.
- With your right foot climb the bench and put the left one.
- Go down to the floor.
- Now rise from your left foot, and put your right limb on a bench.
- The back should be straight.
Effective Strength Exercise
For more productive work, the cardio load needs to be alternated with strength exercises. They are aimed at correcting the body and tighten the skin, make muscles stronger and more durable.
- Hands with inventory straighten and raise up.
- Sit down slowly, keep your back straight.
- Return to starting position.
- Sit down on the mat. Get on your knees and cross your feet together.
- Slowly lower your chest down and bend your arms without touching the floor.
- Slowly get up.
- Focus on the arm to the elbow, legs rest on the socks. Buttocks and head are in line with the body.
- Stand in this position for as long as possible. You need to breathe normally and measuredly.
- It can be done several times with breaks between sets.
The best home complex for girls
A program of exercises with dumbbells for girls should be drawn up carefully and taking into account all the features and problem areas. Training should include exercises for the development of all muscle groups. At the beginning there is a warm-up and the training ends with a stretching.
|Day of the week||Exercise complex|
Proper nutrition during training
A program of exercises with dumbbells should be made taking into account proper nutrition. Otherwise, the result will not be so visible. Muscles will grow, but they will not be visible under the fatty layer.
- 1.5-2 hours before training, you need to eat tightly, consuming protein and complex carbohydrates.
- After training, it is best to eat light foods or dairy products of low fat content.
- In the process of training you need to drink water.
- Do not give up foods containing fats. They are best consumed from plant foods.
- You need to completely abandon fast food and sweets and limit the use of fast carbohydrates.
- Increase the amount of vegetables in the diet that contain fiber.
- Meals should be divided into 4-5 times. This will help to avoid overeating and saturate the body.
Many people, doing a long time with dumbbells, do not notice the desired result. Therefore, they are doing something wrong. There are several typical mistakes that prevent you from achieving the desired result, as a result of which a person loses interest in playing sports.
The main mistakes:
- Many, wanting to achieve a quick result, begin to work with great weight.
- Often people do not follow the correct execution of exercises, which makes the training ineffective and interest quickly disappears. It is best to practice in front of the mirror.
- Some people use equipment of the same weight for training. And for different muscle groups, it is worth choosing dumbbells with different weights.
- In some exercises, it is necessary to tighten the muscles, and not to do exercises on the machine.
- Many exhaust themselves with a large number of repetitions. Better to do more approaches, but fewer repetitions. Otherwise, the muscles will clog and hurt.
- Sometimes people work on only one muscle group. And you need to spend time on the entire muscle so that an imbalance does not occur.
- The frequency of classes is better to choose every other day. After all, muscle growth does not occur at the time of training, but in the process of recovery and rest.
- You need to exercise at a moderate pace and without jerking, so as not to injure yourself.
The training program with dumbbells is aimed at increasing the load when performing ordinary exercises. This makes it possible to achieve even greater results and diversify classes.
Dumbbell Exercise Program Video
A set of
exercises suitable for girls: