Steaming the skin in the salon or at home is a mandatory facial treatment. It heals the skin, cleanses the epidermis from sebaceous plugs, makeup residues, accumulated dirt.
- The benefits of steaming
- Execution Rules
- Methods for steaming the skin
- Herbal Steam Steaming
- Effective sauna inhaler products
- Steaming masks
- Face Compresses
- Anti-aging treatments
- Essential Oils for Steaming
- Oily skin pore cleansing recipes
- Dry Skin Recipes
- Combination skin type
- Ready-made cosmetics with a steaming effect
- Beautician Tips
- Face steaming video
The benefits of steaming
Steaming the face at home is carried out in different ways, but they should all act as sparingly on the skin as possible.
Beauticians highlight the following advantages of this procedure:
- skin contamination, excess fat come out, as pores open under the influence of moist hot air;
- blood circulation is normalized;
- the face is hydrated;
- the skin becomes more elastic and smooth.
Before starting the procedure, wash your hands thoroughly.
Next, prepare the necessary inventory:
- a cup;
- a mixture of herbs or essential oils;
- hot water;
- face care products at the end of the procedure.
The person for steaming also needs to be prepared:
- wash your face with warm or cool water;
- carry out the procedure of exfoliating dead skin particles, for which use a special tool – a soft, delicate scrub.
Facial steaming is advisable not more than once every 7 days, as well as exfoliation. The time during which exposure to steam is beneficial ranges from 3 to 10 minutes.
Before starting the procedure, it is necessary to examine the face and make sure that there are no contraindications. Any damage to the skin, the presence of wounds is a signal that steam procedures will have to be transferred until they are completely healed.
Steaming is also contraindicated in people who have:
- cardiovascular diseases;
- spider veins on the face;
- manifestations of dermatosis.
Along with carrying out steaming of the face, other thermal procedures cannot be combined, since overheating of tissues can be caused, even a burn in a more severe form. If you want to use the product with new ingredients, it will be right to make an allergic reaction test by applying a little composition to the elbow joint. You should wait 2 hours, if there is no reaction – you can safely use the tool.
Methods for steaming the skin
There are several ways of steaming the skin:
- using a sauna inhaler;
- using special masks;
- with the help of compresses.
Herbal Steam Steaming
The method is considered traditional and is used not only for steaming the face, but also in the complex treatment of bronchopulmonary diseases.
Stages of the procedure:
- it is necessary to bring water to a boil (it is better to take filtered or spring);
- in hot water you need to throw the plant harvest;
- wait 15 minutes for the mixture to infuse (be sure to cover the bowl with a lid);
- the bowl should be glass, ceramic, but not metal, otherwise you can burn your face while steaming;
- after 15 minutes add the selected essential oil to the resulting solution;
- the solution for steaming is ready – you need to bend over the bowl, covering your head with a towel (you should not bend too low – it will be difficult to breathe air through the airways);
- it is necessary to withstand in this position for several minutes, while the steam goes;
- then you should quickly wipe your face with a cotton pad moistened with any tonic;
- steaming can be completed with a peeling or mask;
- at the end of the procedure, a nourishing cream should be applied to the face.
Effective sauna inhaler products
Steaming the face at home with a sauna inhaler is a relatively new word in the procedure.
- preparing a person for the procedure is no different from traditional;
- pour a solution into a special container: it can be either ordinary or mineral water, a decoction of herbs;
- the sauna with the liquid filled into it must be turned on and wait for the steam to go;
- as soon as the steam has gone, you can tilt your face into a special form, going in a set with a sauna;
- the procedure can be completed in a few minutes.
- then face care is required according to the classical scheme: light peeling or mask, caring cream.
In the inhaler for refueling, you can use different decoctions of herbs.
Add 3-5 drops of essential oil to the water.
You can choose one oil, or you can make a mix depending on the desired effect:
- basil – removes acne, makes the skin younger, eliminates traces of fatigue and gives the face a radiance;
- bergamot – refreshes and cleanses the skin, tightens pores;
- ylang-ylang is a universal remedy and is suitable for any type of skin;
- lavender is also a universal oil, it copes with the treatment of problem skin, can be used for the skin around the eyes;
- lemon – for those who have oily and combination skin, against oily sheen, whitens freckles and age spots on the face;
- lemon balm – fights against acne and allergic rashes, tightens pores, returns lips fury and smoothness.
Steaming masks – a great way for those who do not want to spend time on a long traditional procedure for steaming the face.
In application, everything is quite simple:
- a trip to a cosmetic store where you can choose the right steaming mask;
- if there are doubts about the right choice – you can seek advice from a store specialist – he will help determine;
- you must carefully study the composition and choose the most suitable;
- further – prepare the person for steaming;
- apply a mask to the surface of the face, avoiding the area around the eyes;
- wait 5 to 10 minutes, unless another time is written on the package with the mask;
- wash your face with warm running water, after which you can do a peeling. If steaming was conceived as a separate procedure, you need to apply face cream.
Steaming masks can be prepared at home. First you need to decide on the choice of ingredients.
Here are some recipes:
- based on zinc: in 2 tablespoon. Zinc ointment add 2 teaspoons. white clay and dilute sour cream to dilute the juice of cucumber;
- honey – 3 tablespoons grind honey with 2 yolks and heat in a water bath;
- oatmeal – in 2 tablespoon. oatmeal add 0.5 teaspoons. soda diluted with milk.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
A compress for steaming the face is another wonderful procedure.
Spend it like this:
- take a tissue napkin (cotton is best), put it in hot water;
- then squeeze the napkin and put it on the face, carefully so as not to burn the skin;
- remove the cooled napkin from the face, dip it again in hot water;
- repeat the procedure 3 to 4 times.
- at the end of the process, grease the face with cream.
A prepared decoction of herbs for steaming the face will help with various problems:
- chamomile, sage, coltsfoot will help with wrinkles;
- rid of pigmentation dandelion, parsley;
- with acne, you need to use calendula, aloe, a string, lavender;
- dry skin is fed by thyme, calendula, oregano.
Compresses for steaming the face:
- for oily skin, a combination of lemon or mint with thyme is well suited;
- for dry skin, you can mix rose or grape essential oil with chamomile or linden flowers;
- for normal skin – a decoction of a mixture of sage and nettle or lavender.
Added rosemary oil will enhance the effect.
For those who want to keep their skin young, get rid of the first wrinkles, you can try supplements in hot water:
- ginseng root;
Herbs can be used individually or by combining them. For 0,1 gallon of water, 3,38 fluid ounce of concentrated broth is needed. Means wash every morning.
Essential Oils for Steaming
Instead of herbs, you can use oil:
- an orange;
Add 100 drops of oil to 3,38 fluid ounce of water, using means as a lotion 3 times a day.
Oily skin pore cleansing recipes
To cleanse the skin of oily greasy shine, enlargement and narrowing of pores, you can use the recipe with zinc ointment:
- to 2 tablespoon Zinc ointment add 2 teaspoons. white clay;
- dilute the mixture with cucumber juice to the density of sour cream;
- apply on face for 20 minutes, no more;
- wash off the mass with thermal water and use a cream.
Steaming with decoctions from:
- St. John’s wort
For steam and skin cleansing:
- 1 teaspoons mix soda with 1 tablespoon. honey, add lemon juice (5-10 drops);
- heat the mixture in a water bath;
- apply warm mass on the face for 5-7 minutes;
- rinse with warm water and apply face cream.
If for some reason the sebaceous glands on the face are working intensively, you need to remember a few “no” rules:
- you can not dry the skin, twice a day you need to apply a moisturizer to the face;
- Do not touch your face so as not to leave dirt on it from your hands;
- cosmetics should not be abused – because of the desire to hide skin imperfections with cosmetics, pores are clogged and inflammatory processes are excited.
Means for such a skin should have the following properties:
- antiseptic, anti-inflammatory: chamomile decoction will help here, which will gently cleanse and soften the skin, give it smoothness and elasticity;
- bactericidal, regenerating, calming: sage possesses them;
- healing the skin: calendula will cope with this;
- cleansing, improving metabolic processes: a decoction of tricolor violet extract will save the situation.
At home, using these broth formulations, you can gradually choose the most suitable for a particular type of person for steaming.
Dry Skin Recipes
Dry skin also needs special care.
To moisturize, clean and smooth wrinkles, this steaming will help:
- make juice from several leaves of plantain;
- add gruel from 3 strawberries to it;
- pour all 2 tablespoon. cream and any essential oil suitable for dry skin (peppermint, chamomile, nettle, string);
- heat the resulting mixture in a water bath for 15 minutes;
- apply warm mass to the face;
- cover your face with a double layer of gauze and keep the mask until it cools completely;
- after cooling, shake off the remnants of the dried mass and wash your face with warm water;
- spread face cream.
The most popular dry skin care product is aloe vera.
Of the funds that are in every house you can use:
- oat flour;
- an Apple;
- green tea;
- kefir and others.
Rosemary, linden, calendula, parsley are far from a complete list of herbs for this skin type. It is useful for dry skin in the morning to arrange wiping with ice cubes from decoctions of herbs. The condition for this should be low skin sensitivity.
After steaming, you can make a mask on your face:
- Mask of herbs: take 0.5 teaspoons. chamomiles, wild strawberries, St. John’s wort, pour them with a glass of boiling water. Soak the infusion covered for 20 minutes. Then add 1 tablespoon. natural apple juice, egg yolk and 1 teaspoons. honey. Apply to face for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Mask with a refreshing effect: pour boiling water 2 tablespoon. mint leaves, bo
il for 3 minutes, then let cool and strain. Apply a warm mass to the face for 15 minutes. Clean with wet cotton pads.
- Moisturizing nourishing mask: mix warm milk, carrot juice, cottage cheese and olive oil (all 1 tablespoon) into a homogeneous mass, apply on face for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water and wipe with a cube of ice. This mask also has a whitening effect.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Combination skin type
This type of skin is characterized by features when there are many sebaceous glands in the T-zone, and there are almost none in the cheek area. It is inherent mainly in girls and young women. How to steal a face in this case
Best of all is the following procedure:
- Make a mixture of 1/2 lemon and 100 g cranberries. Both ingredients can be passed through a meat grinder.
- In a bowl with a mixture of lemon and cranberries add 0,5 gallon of boiling water.
- Lightly grease the skin of the temples, eyelids and cheeks with a fat cream.
- Covering yourself with a towel, bend over the steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Carry out further cleaning procedures.
Homemade skin care products are, of course, good. But if you don’t have the right ingredients at hand If there is no time for their search, preparation of decoctions Ready-made cosmetics will always come to the aid of a woman.
Their selection is wide and varied. Leading manufacturers of care products respecting themselves and their customers, ensure the quality of their products through research laboratories, clinical trials, guaranteeing safety and effectiveness.
Ready-made cosmetics with a steaming effect
A brief overview of the finished steaming masks:
- Garnier: Garnier Skin Active Steaming Face Mask. Professional help at home. The abrasive particles of volcanic rock included in its composition perfectly remove black spots. Natural clay provides drying of rashes, relieving inflammation. It is made to care for oily problem skin. The mask is designed for single use.
- Hydro gel with aloe vera from Pleyana. The composition includes a component of aloe vera, which, in addition to hydration, also removes keratinized parts of the skin. Allantoin helps fight acne, as it kills harmful bacteria. The gel is great for use in the cold season. Herbal extracts fortify the skin and relieve flaking.
- Echoice Aloevera Soothing Gel. Another gel steamer. Its advantage is the consolidation and preservation of moisture in the deep layers of the epidermis, which leads to a long-term effect after application. The plant components of aloe vera, mint, grapefruit, chamomile, white mulberry, wormwood and others increase skin tone, relieve inflammation, regenerate its integument, and nourish vitamins.
- Lioele Blackhead Clear Massage Warming Gel opens pores and fights black spots. It consists of honey, mistletoe, powdered black sugar. The gel effectively opens the pores, loosening the upper layer of the skin. This is an excellent procedure if hot steaming of the face is contraindicated.
- Alpika – Gel for cold skin steaming. The clover, papaya, pineapple, acacia, geranium and various vegetable oils that make up it moisturize, soothe the skin, preparing it for further procedures. Skin fat dissolves as much as possible, pores open.
Steaming the face with these funds can be carried out both in salons and at home.
Before you start facial care, you need to understand what type of skin is. Procedures should begin with a thorough cleansing of the face from makeup. All items used when steaming the face should also be clean.
At home, the optimal frequency for steaming the face is once a week. There are contraindications for steaming. So the cold method will do.
Facial steaming procedure at home is a great alternative to going to the salon. The most important thing is to always look after yourself. Only with constant care for the face will the result please, give a good mood. It must be remembered that a beautiful clean face is also the result of a healthy lifestyle.
Face steaming video
Clean pores and black spots with steam:
How to steam the skin before a scrub or mask: