The simulator for the home serves both to strengthen the health of the whole organism, and to train certain muscle groups.
- Criteria for the selection of simulators
- Classification by type of load
- Complex exercise machines
- Simple options
- Complex devices
- Home exercise machines for weight loss and strengthening all muscle groups
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Exercise bike
- Elliptical trainers
- Rowing machine
- Weight training equipment
- Rating of the best manufacturers of home fitness equipment, prices
- Video about sports simulators
Criteria for the selection of simulators
The main purpose of buying a simulator:
- improve overall body stamina;
- remove extra pounds;
- recover from an injury;
- adjust the figure for individual muscle groups.
To improve the overall endurance of the body, simple exercises that can be performed using various sports equipment and home exercise equipment are enough.
- Exercise bikes.
- Balls are large.
- Step platforms.
- Horizontal bars.
Cardiovascular equipment is suitable for weight correction.
Varieties of cardiovascular equipment are:
- Running simulators.
- Exercise bikes.
Exercise machines for home for all muscle groups not only contribute to weight loss, but also strengthen the cardiovascular system. To correct the figure, complex installations (power stations) that are designed to train individual muscle groups are better suited. To purchase a simulator to restore health after an injury, you should use the recommendations of a traumatologist.
What else is important to consider:
- availability of free space in the apartment. Complex exercise machines take up more space than dumbbells or a stepper;
- quality, functionality and the amount that can be allowed to spend on a purchase. These 3 characteristics are interconnected. The more timers and functions the simulator has, the more expensive its cost;
- take into account your sporting interests. If you don’t like running, then you don’t need to get a running track;
- if the knees are sick, you can consider ellipsoids that do not give a load on them:
- safety. Malfunctions, tearing of the running belts can lead to
injuries. Protruding parts, cords can be dangerous, especially for children.
Classification by type of load
According to the load structure, home exercise machines are divided into several types:
Home mechanical trainers are belt and shoe. The load on the belt simulators depends on the degree of belt tension and its interaction with the flywheel (the wheel due to which the simulator works). In shoe simulators, pads are pressed against the flywheel, which creates a load and promotes pumping of all muscle groups.
The difference is clearly visible on exercise bikes. Shoe simulators are more inert and imitate cycling very well. They are more expensive than belt simulators.
On magnetic simulators, the flywheel spins the magnetic field created by the magnet. Such devices operate silently. Their movement is smooth.
Electromagnetic simulators are distinguished by the fact that the distance between the magnet and the flywheel can be changed both manually and by embedded programs.
Exercise machines for the home for all muscle groups by appointment are:
- mixed (interval)
Anaerobic loads – power, intense loads. Accordingly, such simulators as dumbbells, complex power stations designed to pump various muscle groups are suitable here.
Aerobic exercise is intense exercise.
- exercise bikes.
For mixed workouts, you can choose a combination. For example, an exercise bike and dumbbells.
Hypoxic stress, a beneficial effect on the respiratory system. The deeper a person breathes, the better the metabolism in the body. Any home exercise machine is suitable here.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Complex exercise machines
Home complex simulators are called multifunctional. They carry a combination of power load and cardio load. These are power complexes (stations) designed to train various muscle groups.
The kit includes:
- vertical and horizontal traction,
- blocks for arms and legs,
- racks for weight.
Complex simulators are designed for:
- muscle building biceps and triceps;
- abdominal training;
- muscle development of the back
- strengthening various muscle groups of the legs.
Comprehensive home fitness equipment is convenient, affordable, and silent.
Exercise machines for home for all muscle groups in simple solutions allow you to do simple physical exercises (weight lifting, pulling up). They take up little space. The cost of such simulators is low.
On them you can work out the muscles:
- arms and legs
Simple options include:
- horizontal bars
- step platform,
- disk rotation
- hula hub (hoop),
- ab-scooter (wheel for working on the press),
- fitball (gymnastic ball),
- swedish wall
Using these devices you can increase the overall endurance of the body.
They are shared by:
- by the number of functional capabilities (stations, fitness complexes);
- by the complexity of embedded computers and sensors.
Exercise machines for home for all muscle groups (stations) are universal and consist of:
- weighting agents.
Weighting is a metal load built into the simulator frame.
zes, specifications, and functions of computers are different.
- number of calories
- training speed.
Heart rate sensors can be:
- in the form of a clip with an LED that fits on your ear. The color change of the ear is fixed and the pulse is transmitted to the display;
- wireless. It is attached anywhere in the body and transmits information to the display;
- Built-in simulator handles.
The more sensors and functions the computer has, the more expensive the simulator.
Home exercise machines for weight loss and strengthening all muscle groups
Intensive breathing and the number of muscles involved in training contribute to the acceleration of metabolic processes in the body. This combination of loads increases the rate of fat burning.
Exercise machines for home on all muscle groups are effective in reducing weight:
- Treadmill. Imitates running and walking. In the process of running, the whole body is involved. Intense breathing. The track takes first place in this category of simulators.
- Exercise bike. The muscles of the legs and pelvis work mainly on this simulator. You can adjust the intensity of your workout yourself.
- Stepper. Simulator simulating the movement of stairs. The muscles of the pelvis and hips are involved. You can connect your hands. The process of weight loss is slower.
- Rowing machine. The muscles of the shoulder girdle are involved on this simulator. The intensity of the workout can be any.
- Elliptical trainer. It includes the functionality of all other simulators. The breathing when working on it is deep, uniform. When working on it, a large number of muscles are involved. He ranks second among weight loss training equipment.
Calorie consumption on various exercise machines:
- Treadmill – 700 – 800 Kcal / hour.
- Elliptical trainer – 600 – 700 Kcal / hour.
- Stepper – 500 – 700 Kcal / hour.
- Rowing machine – 500 – 600 Kcal / hour.
- Exercise bike – 400 – 500 Kcal / hour.
The effectiveness of simple devices is lower, but you can also use them.
Exercise machines for the home for all muscle groups for anaerobic exercise are designated as cardiovascular machines. Cardio loads – training to improve the functioning of blood vessels and the heart. In addition, they contribute to weight loss.
These include physical activity in the form of:
- intensive exercises on simulators, where a large number of muscles are involved;
- climbing stairs.
When cardio training, it is important to observe systematicity. The amount of energy spent in the form of fat depends on muscle volume. Therefore, the load must be constantly increased. All of the above exercises can be done at home on cardiovascular equipment.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
On a treadmill, a person makes the usual movements. You can adjust both running speed and web slope.
Advantages of the simulator:
- helps to reduce weight and get rid of cellulite, in places such as the buttocks, sides and upper legs,
- helps to strengthen the respiratory system, creating conditions of oxygen deficiency in the body;
- increases stamina, improving heart function,
- calms the nervous system, helps increase endorphins in the blood (the hormone of pleasure),
- improves the overall health of the body,
- It is a good prophylaxis of constipation, since the intestines are in motion when running.
The average length of the track is 5’2 – 6’2 foot. The width of the belt should be 16’9 – 17’7 inch. The length of the belt should correspond to the height of the runner, since the step size is different for people with different height. Tracks come in lengths from 37’4 inch to 5’3 foot. The greater the growth, the greater should be the length.
Magnetic and electromagnetic tracks practically do not make noise, have a smoother ride. Their price, respectively, is greater than mechanical.
Exercise bikes there are several types:
- Horizontal, vertical. The horizontal pedals are under the seat, the vertical ones are in front. For the home, vertical is more convenient.
- Portable, full size. Portable has a weight of not more than 18 -20 pounds. Does not give large loads. A full-size vertical weighs almost 44 pounds, and is better for home use.
- Mechanical, magnetic. The mechanical belt is the simplest. There are no additional features on it. In addition, it makes a lot of noise at work. Pads are already giving a more serious load, as the cyclist has to overcome resistance.
Magnetic smoother, quieter, wear-resistant. Among them there is with software, and without it. There are built-in sensors for measuring the state of the body during training.
Various exercise bikes support a certain weight. Exercise machines withstand up to 220 pounds are standard. More stable are designed for weight of 331 -397 pounds. For training, the weight of the flywheel matters (affects the load). The average weight of the flywheel is 7 -9 pounds. For training aimed at weight loss, you should take a simulator with a flywheel of about 15 pounds.
On exercise bikes, there are contraindications for people suffering from varicose veins, asthma, thrombophlebitis, angina pectoris, hypertension. Consultation of a therapist, cardiologist is necessary.
Applies to cardiovascular equipment. The simulator simulates the movement of stairs. In the process of training, the legs and muscles of the buttocks are involved.
Can be used for:
- weight loss;
- general improvement in the condition of the body;
- strengthening the cardiovascular system, through the respiratory;
- muscles of the back, abdomen.
For training at home, it is very convenient and simple
. It is lightweight and compact. Its price is relatively not expensive.
Depending on the design and size, there are conventional and mini-steppers. The first is equipped with handrails for support, levers for balance. The mini stepper is represented only by pedals. A hand expander may be attached to it.
By type of movement are divided into:
- with a twist.
On the classic you can just go. Balancing makes it possible to train other muscles, allowing a person to move the center of gravity of his body. On the swivel, the whole body turns to the sides, and here the back muscles are actively involved in the work.
In addition, they are divided into mechanical and electromagnetic. In a mechanical simulator with a load on the pedal, the second is raised due to the movement of the piston. Such a stepper does not need electrical power. Electromagnetic is connected to a power source. The load on it can be adjusted on the control console. The movement is due to the resistance of the pedals.
When choosing a stepper, you should always consider the weight, so as not to break it when walking.
An elliptical trainer combines several trainers. Training on it is like a ski trip. The movements are smooth with good amplitude.
The advantages of such a simulator for home:
- well contributes to weight loss;
- the load on the knees is small;
- many muscles are worked out;
- improves the functioning of the heart and blood vessels.
The device consists of:
- consoles with management.
Depending on where the flywheel is located, trainers come with rear-wheel drive and front-wheel drive.
If the flywheel is between the pedals, this is rear-wheel drive. Front-wheel drive if the flywheel is in front of the pedals. This affects the position of the body during training. In the first case, the body is tilted forward, in the second it has an even arrangement. The step adjustment (step length, pedal tilt) is important. The standard length is 15’7 inch.
According to the principle of action, they are divided into:
- aeromagnetic (working from the generator built into it).
On an elliptical trainer, everyone can do it without restrictions.
It is often called an ergometer. It is very effective for improving the condition of the whole body. It allows you to develop muscle strength, gives an aerobic load. A workout is an imitation of rowing on a boat.
With competent technique, there is a load on the following muscles:
- arms (biceps, triceps);
- legs and all gluteal muscles;
- back (broad back muscles, trapezoid);
- shoulders (front and back deltas);
- press (oblique muscles).
What other benefits does training on the simulator provide:
- blood vessels and heart are strengthened;
- the overall stamina of the body increases;
- the flexibility and mobility of the joints improves;
- respiratory system develops;
- metabolism in the body is getting better.
The simulator consists of a frame, a flywheel, a seat and handles. It can have two types of traction: central and Scandinavian. The simulator with central traction is more convenient for practicing at home. Scandinavian-style training simulators are close to rowing and more used in gyms.
They are divided by type of load:
- Aerial. Resistance is created by the fan blades.
- Water. Resistance is created by water.
Pluses – a smooth ride, wide functionality, a large selection of adjustments.
Requirements for rowing machines for the home:
- the frame must be solid;
- the presence of a braking system;
- smoothness and uniformity of movement;
- comfortable seat that should move uniformly on the frame;
- seat guide and frames;
- management should be simple and straightforward.
Weight training equipment
Home weight training equipment is used for muscle growth. The basis of their work is the difference in the use of weighting agents for various muscle groups.
- Using own weight: horizontal bar (convenient for pulling up, strengthens shoulders, abs) and benches.
- Using the weight built into the design of the simulator.
Exercise machines have a fixed trajectory of movement. For burdening, metal blocks are used. You can reduce or increase weight with the help of clamps. Stations are equipped with cables, levers.
- The design must be stable.
- The quality of the material from which it is made: steel cables and frames.
- Before buying, make sure that the simulator fits in the space allocated to it in the apartment.
- Availability of cargo replacement.
Also, simulators are using free loads:
- The simulator consists of a set of equipment: benches, dumbbells, barbells. When choosing equipment, you should pay attention to such parameters as: width of the bench and its angle of inclination. Optimum width 10’2 inch.
- The height of the bar racks must necessarily change,
- bar locks
- neck surface, which should be grooved.
Pros: versatility, you can pump all muscle groups.
Cons: requires a large place at home.
Rating of the best manufacturers of home fitness equipment, prices
Rating table for manufacturers of home fitness equipment for all muscle groups:
Price range table for home exercise machines for all muscle groups:
|Name||Firm||Price range, usd.|
|37790 – 205790
15200 – 54600
19200 – 64200
32900 – 89900
|89100 – 109100
2200 – 17500
8100 – 18200
|22000 – 500000
22400 – 428500
89500 – 125500
25300 – 49900
|3100 – 4900
3700 – 6600
2500 – 3400
770 – 4000
|Power stations||House fit
|22000 – 49600
69000 – 220000
22000 – 294600
22000 – 291000
The choice of exercise equipment for the home is wide today, which allows you to choose devices for all muscle groups at the optimal cost.
Video about sports simulators
How best to buy a simulator for home: