DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate) is a multifunctional steroid substance (the steroid natural hormone Prasterone) that is not related to hormonal drugs and is able to regulate the life-support processes in the body. DHEA is produced primarily in the adrenal cortex.
Depending on the needs of the body, the hormone turns into sex hormones – testosterone or estrogen. Having an effect on androgen receptors, it has a powerful anti-aging effect for the body, affecting enhanced tissue regeneration.
- The effect of hormones on the human body
- What happens in the body with a decrease and increase in AMH
- Causes of low and high levels of AMH in men and women
- What is DHEA hormone
- DHEA Functions
- The role of the hormone during pregnancy
- DHEA hormone norm
- Causes of bias from the norm
- Consequences of a deviation from the norm
- Indications for taking DHEA-sulfate (DHEA-S)
- Medicinal properties of DHEA (DHEA) and preparations based on it
- Composition and form of release
- DHEA (DHEA) instructions for use
- DHEA Anti Aging Supplements
- DHEA and weight loss
- DHEA and athletic performance
- DHEA Video
The effect of hormones on the human body
The following factors depend on the state of the human hormonal system:
- the ability to reproduce offspring;
- stability of the psychoemotional level;
- coordinated work of the internal functional system of a person;
- external physical attractiveness.
But if an insufficient amount of hormones is produced in the body, then various kinds of failures begin to occur:
- violation of the thyroid gland;
- in women, natural cycles are violated and sometimes infertility is threatened. And at a more mature age, they begin to suffer from a severe restructuring of the hormonal system, which primarily affects the work of the cardiovascular system and can threaten a hypertensive crisis;
- men show signs of obesity;
- stress resistance decreases.
Thus, a partial weakening of many body functions occurs.
What happens in the body with a decrease and increase in AMH
AMH or Anti-Muller hormone is synthesized in the human glands from the first minutes after the baby is born. The highest point of development is achieved during puberty.
After that, AMG begins to decline gradually:
- in men, AMH reaches a certain point and remains at that level until the end of life;
- in women, it holds until the onset of menopause.
It is important to remember that if the level of AMH began to fall at a reproductive age, it means that serious health problems occur in the body.
Causes of low and high levels of AMH in men and women
Elevated AMH can provoke:
- in women, ovule hyperstimulation;
- in men, the appearance of primary female signs.
- in women, reports on pathological phenomena in the genitourinary system;
- in men, there is a decrease in sperm activity.
In any case, jumps in the level of AMG should be an occasion to contact a specialist.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
What is DHEA hormone
DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands. Its biological effects are still not fully understood, but according to scientists, it is this hormone that helps a person stay young for a long time.
The action of the hormone for a person is expressed in the effect on:
- anti estrogen;
- fat loss
- preservation of youth;
- increased testosterone.
The biological role of the hormone DHEA in the human body is important.
Directly its functions include the following:
- help in thinning adipose tissue on internal organs, as well as burning subcutaneous fat;
- due to the burning of fat, this hormone helps to produce a large amount of energy;
- stabilization of the psychoemotional background, as well as increased resistance to stress;
- increased sexual desire;
- normalization of hormonal levels in any age category;
- when exposed to adverse climatic or domestic conditions, assistance in supporting the immune system;
- with focal destructive disorders of the brain, the hormone helps to stabilize the situation and reduce the risk of developing tumors;
- improving the functioning of the cardiovascular system and helping to lower cholesterol, as well as reducing the possibility of developing atherosclerosis;
- slowdowns of those processes that inevitably lead to old age.
DHEA (instructions for use contains a full description of all the positive qualities of the drug) is necessary for the body, therefore it is recommended that medical specialists monitor its level. With a deficiency, it is important to replenish it with the help of special preparations.
The role of the hormone during pregnancy
DHEA (instructions for use contain complete instructions on how to take the drug while bearing the fetus, but it is better to follow the doctor’s instructions) when a pregnancy period occurs, it is prescribed when its concentration in the blood of the expectant mother decreases.
It is important to remember that during pregnancy a woman has a constant decrease in this hormone (unit of measurement n / mol):
- I trimester – from 3.15 to 12.46;
- II trimester – from 1.5 to 6.8;
- III trimester – from 0.84 to 3.8.
In this situation, an additional technique is prescribed for the proper intrauterine development of the unborn child and so that the woman’s body can prepare for the lactation period.
DHEA hormone norm
Instructions for the use of DHEA contains dosage rates, which are indicated in n / mol and has the following indicators.
- from 5 to 14 years old – 0.25 – 8.6;
- from 15 to 30 years – 3.40 – 11.50;
- from 30 to 50 years – 1.80 to 7.5;
- after 50 years – 0.94 – 3.30.
- up to 20 years old – 0.7 – 10.4;
- from 21 to 45 years old – 1.2 – 12.1;
- after 45 years – 1.5 – 8.8.
Causes of bias from the norm
Any shift to the side of the indicators inherent in a certain age group and gender may indicate the development of any disease:
- lack of enzymes that help synthesize hormones in the adrenal cortex;
- Cushing’s disease and syndrome;
- oncology in the area of the lungs, urogenital system or pancreas;
- polycystic ovary in women;
- formations in the form of tumors over the adrenal glands;
- inhibited functioning of the protective placenta in pregnant women;
- the development of psoriasis.
If you feel worse, you can use the services of a medical laboratory and check the status of the hormonal background to determine the normal level of hormonal levels.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Consequences of a deviation from the norm
Any deviation from the norm can lead to negative health consequences.
An increase in the concentration of the hormone leads to the following pathologies:
- in women during pregnancy, miscarriage may occur, and infertility may well develop;
- excessive development of hairline in women (hirsutism);
- skin may suffer from acne.
A decrease in concentration can lead to diseases such as:
- development of oncology;
- a stroke or heart attack;
- loss of energy and fast fatigue;
- Edison’s disease, in which the patient suffers from late sexual development.
Indications for taking DHEA-sulfate (DHEA-S)
The hormone DHEA is used in complex effects in clinical therapy and in the prevention of the following pathologies:
- With the manifestation of signs of chronic fatigue in people in old age. With the help of the drug, it is possible to increase the activity of muscle mass and give the necessary energy. The result is observed in some groups of patients after a few weeks.
- The drug also needs to be used after all kinds of severe viral diseases, for pathologies of an infectious nature, after surgery, for violations in the immune system.
- In oncology, the drug is often used as an adjunct. Since in clinical trials it was found that in patients with diagnosed oncology, the hormone level is below normal.
- With diseases of the cardiovascular system. If the blood concentration of the hormone in question is normal or even slightly increased, then the possibility of pathologies in the cardiovascular system significantly decreases.
- With the necessary weight loss. This hormone is widely used by specialists in anti-obesity therapy.
DHEA (instructions for use provides recommendations for compliance) can be harmful in certain circumstances. You can not take the drug to patients at risk of cancer of the prostate or breast; avoid taking this hormone.
Before using the drug, you should consult a doctor under the following health conditions:
- with violations of the thyroid gland;
- in case of failure of the adrenal gland;
- during pregnancy of any period;
- in the lactation period;
- with complex therapy with other agents, especially antibiotics.
Medicinal properties of DHEA (DHEA) and preparations based on it
Among the indications for the use of the drug, the following are mainly distinguished:
- with inhibition of the functions of the adrenal glands;
- with the onset of menopause, to eliminate excessive vaginal dryness;
- for better functioning of brain neurons in adults and the elderly;
- as an additive to strengthen the functions of the immune system;
- to maintain a positive overall tone for the elderly.
Composition and form of release
The composition of DHEA is as follows:
- the active substance is the hormone DHEA – 25 or 50 mg;
- excipients – calcium, as well as resveratol.
Resveratol is a natural substance secreted by plants during their protection against external pests. Adding to the composition of such a drug is designed to protect the human body from external environmental negative stress.
Product release form:
- capsules or tablets;
You can buy youth hormone in retail pharmacy chains, as well as in online stores selling dietary supplements and products for a healthy lifestyle. The average retail price of the drug is from $ 9 – $ 12.
DHEA (DHEA) instructions for use
The supplement is best taken in the morning.
Depending on the solution of what problem the use of dietary supplements is aimed at, in this form it is worth taking it:
- to increase the concentration of this hormone in the blood, it is better to take in tablet or capsule form. You need to start taking it with 5 mg, smoothly bringing it to the desired dose. The intake is not more than 50 mg per day.
- with dryness in the vagina or a problem with the skin, it is worth using a cream.
DHEA Anti Aging Supplements
It is scientifically proven that the level of the hormone of youth under consideration rapidly decreases over the course of life, therefore the entire functional system of the body ceases to work with full efficiency and the person ages.
Reasonable maintenance of the necessary concentration of DHEA in the blood can help eliminate many problems associated with impending old age.
The intake of dietary supplements does not cancel the intake of the necessary prophylactic individually prescribed drugs, but may well enhance their positive effect. In any case, it is worth remembering that any independent correction of a doctor’s prescriptions can lead to pathologies.
DHEA and weight loss
Often, professional nutritionists and trainers offer patients for whom obesity is a big problem, the course of taking the dietary supplement under consideration. This preventive measure is aimed at maximally helping a person suffering from overweight not only lose unnecessary pounds of fat, but also take control of his weight.
The results of some practical tests of DHEA show that with an additional intake of the hormone it is possible to bring the weight back to normal. But in any case, before the appointment, it is necessary to undergo an examination and ask the doctor for advice.
DHEA and athletic performance
Athletes often use DHEA for enhanced athletic training.
Such a reception is due to the following expectations:
- increased stamina;
- improved brain function;
- stress resistance increase;
- a set of necessary muscle mass.
The above data is possible because DHEA is a prohormone, and it helps in the intensive mode to produce hormones necessary for athletes like testosterone. There are few clinical trials leading the scientific basis for this theory, since many sports associations prohibit the use of this dietary supplement for their athletes.
Detailed instructions for using DHEA usually contain a complete set of product information. This element is a naturally produced hormone in the human body, but with a noticeable decrease, it is worthwhile to help your hormonal system and drink the course of the drug under the supervision of medical personnel.
What is DHEA and what is it for: