Light yellow oil with a greenish tint due to the content of chlorophyll, made from seeds of ripe grapes, has exceptional properties. It is widely used in cosmetology, medicine and cooking. In value, this product, if not superior, then successfully competes with avocado, almond or coconut oil.
- The properties
- Application methods
- Beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system
- Cooking oil at home
- Digestion effects
- Is it possible during pregnancy
- Treatment of diseases of the genital area
- How to take oil inside for the treatment of diseases
- Application in cosmetology
- Grape seed oil baths
- Face oil
- Body application
- For massage
- Hair masks
- Contraindications and possible harm
- How to store oil
- Which oil is better to use
- Video about grape seed oil, its benefits and uses:
Grape seed oil retains its beneficial properties as much as possible if obtained by cold extraction. However, this method is rarely used due to the low yield of the finished product and the complexity, therefore, another one is widely used – hot. In this case, the bones give away much more oil.
Since this oil, it has a high calorie content – 884 kcal per 100 g.
|SFA (g)||MUFA (g)||PUFA (g)||Vitamin E||Phytosterol|
|9.6||16.1||69.9||28.8 mg||180 mg|
Vitamin E in oil is so much that it is enough to use only 1 tablespoon. oils per day to fully cover the daily intake. In addition, the product contains vitamins A, C, group B, raveratrol, proanthocyanidin, flavonoids, which stabilize the cardiovascular system and contribute to improving the condition of hair and skin.
The oil has the following properties:
- removes inflammation;
- strengthens blood vessels;
- supports immunity;
- removes toxins and toxins;
- reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the blood;
- dilates blood vessels;
- improves the appearance of skin and hair;
- participates in the synthesis of collagen;
- contributes to maintaining the balance of sex hormones in the body;
- acts as an antiseptic;
- heals wounds and scratches;
- speeds up the process of skin regeneration;
- improves digestion.
And these are only its main useful properties.
Grape seed oil is widely known in medicine, cooking, aromatherapy, but it is especially popular in cosmetology. It can be used internally, rubbed externally and used as an additive to cosmetics. However, quantitative restrictions must be observed.
- When taken orally for a day, you can drink 3 tablespoon. oils;
- For external use, oil is allowed to be rubbed no more than 3 times per day;
- When added to the cream, use no more than 5 cap. oils.
When using grape seed oil for food, it should be borne in mind that the proportion of all fats should not exceed a share of more than 20% of the norm in the daily diet .
Beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system
Due to the complex of substances contained in the oil, it:
- makes the walls of blood vessels stronger and more elastic;
- contributes to an increase in their clearance;
- is the prevention of atherosclerosis;
- lowers cholesterol;
- lowers blood pressure.
It is used to treat:
- varicose veins;
Cooking oil at home
To obtain grape seed oil at home, you need to sprinkle clean seeds from ripe grapes on a baking sheet and dry in the oven with low heat – 40 degrees. Then the seeds are ground into powder using a coffee grinder and pour into a 0,1 gallon jar. The resulting mass is crushed and filled with 0’4 inch of sunflower or olive oil.
The oil will gradually absorb, so its level will decrease over time. It is necessary to replenish the volume so that the liquid covers the seed powder by 0’4 inch. After the seeds cease to absorb oil, the jar must be tightly closed and removed for a week in a dark place where the composition needs to be periodically mixed.
Then the mass is transferred to cheesecloth, folded in two layers, and the oil is squeezed into a separate container. With the cake, repeat the infusion procedure, again pouring oil on it and removing the container in a dark place for another 2-3 days. You can take fresh bones and repeat the procedure.
Grape seed oil has specific properties: nutty aroma and spicy taste. It is considered more valuable than sunflower. In cooking, it is used for frying as a deep fat (dishes are healthy and tasty with a delicious crust), in the preparation of salads, sauces, and in conservation.
It does not fade in the pan, because it has a higher smoke temperature (216 degrees). Grape seed oil goes well with dishes, including fish, meat, vegetables, gives them an unusual flavor. You can add oil to baking. Just two drops of oil added to the dough or sauce will give the taste an interesting shade.
When using oil for oral administration, it is necessary to keep in mind the contraindications:
- food allergy;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage;
- shelf life of oil over 12 months;
- storage at high temperature with access of light.
Is it possible during pregnancy
During pregnancy, there are many restrictions regarding the consumption of certain foods. But grape seed oil is not on the forbidden list. On the contrary, it has a beneficial effect on the taste of breast milk.
In addition, it will help to minimize the risk of stretch marks, if used for skin care of the abdomen, thighs, chest during the entire period of pregnancy.
Important! Through the pores of the skin, nutrients are absorbed and penetrate the blood.
Treatment of diseases of the genital area
Grape seed oil (properties and uses in other areas will be discussed below) is useful for both men and women for disorders in the genital area.
Oil will help women:
- deal with PMS;
- with signs of menopause.
In men, taking oil:
- helps to increase potency;
- reduces the risk of prostatitis, prostate cancer, adenoma;
- used to treat erectile dysfunction;
- activates sperm production.
How to take oil inside for the treatment of diseases
For the treatment and prevention of diseases, you need to take grape seed oil course for 2 weeks. Daily should drink 1 tablespoon. oil in the morning on an empty stomach. After drinking the oil, take a break for 2 weeks and repeat the treatment again.
Application in cosmetology
Grape seed oil (its properties and uses are diverse) is used in cosmetology. It is optimal for oily and normal skin, and dry, but is especially suitable for oily. It is used in the preparation of compositions for the face, body. Apply in the form of massage oil to cleanse the skin.
The actions that the oil has:
- promotes the production of collagen and elastin, due to which the skin is tightened;
- fills the skin with moisture and nutrients;
- removes peeling and dryness;
- relieves inflammation, irritation;
- removes the gloss of oily skin, normalizes the production of skin secretion;
- increases the regenerative abilities of the skin;
- used to treat rosacea;
- used in anti-cellulite wraps;
- promotes narrowing of pores;
- normalizes metabolic processes in the skin;
- brightens age spots;
- evens complexion.
Oil is good for hair because it makes them:
Grape seed oil baths
If you add grape seed oil to the bath, then its fresh aroma will calm your nerves and relax. It will have a nourishing effect on the skin and stimulate blood circulation. For the bath mix 1 tablespoon. oil and 3 tablespoons honey. Honey can be replaced with sea salt or added with honey.
A well-mixed mass is added to the bath. Then immersed in water for 20 minutes. After the bath you do not need to wipe the skin, just get wet. Soap and other cleaning agents do not use while taking such a bath.
Grape seed oil (properties and application are not limited only to diseases) is effective for the face in its purest form. But in addition to grape seed oil, other components are included in facial care formulations. Moreover, the purpose of the compositions themselves is different. It can be masks, lotions, tonics.
- Daily lotion suitable for skin care after a shower, sunbathing, shaving, makeup remover is a pure grape seed oil. They need to moisten a cotton pad and wipe the skin. You can add 1 drop of essential oil per 0,51 fluid ounce to it. Essential oil is chosen depending on the problem. For example, tea tree oil is a strong antiseptic and rejuvenates, while peppermint and lemon oil narrows pores. Do not be afraid that the oil will make the skin oily, it is well absorbed and does not leave a greasy shine.
- Pure oil can also be used as a cream . To this end, heated oil is applied with fingers along the massage lines, and then the remaining oil is removed, dabbing the face with a napkin. If you apply oil to the area around the eyes, then the black circles under the eyes disappear.
- To make a mask , saturate a napkin with oil, squeeze it out (oil should not drain) and put on top of the face for 20 minutes. Then the napkin is removed and the face is wiped with a cotton swab dipped in water or a decoction of herbs.
- If the skin is dry , a mixture of grape seed oil with avocado, jojoba or almond oil in a ratio of 10: 1 will help. From essential oils, a few drops of one or more oils of your choice can be added to the composition: chamomile, lavender, neroli, orange, fir, rose.
- A mask made from mixed in equal proportions of avocado oil and grape seed helps against wrinkles , it will be even more effective if you add a few drops of sandalwood oil, neroli or roses to the composition. The composition is rubbed into the skin. Apply patting movements to the skin under the eyes. After a few minutes, remove excess oil with a paper towel.
- Take 4 teaspoons. grape seed and grind in a coffee grinder to a powder. To it add 3 teaspoons. light sour cream, 2 teaspoons oat flour (prepared from hercules flakes), 12-15 cap. grape seed oil. This composition is applied as a scrub, rubbing in a circular motion for about 3 minutes. Then wash off the mixture and apply a nourishing cream.
- 2 tablespoon oils are mixed with 1 teaspoons. Extra salt and add 1 cap. lemon essential oil. After mixing the ingredients, scrub the skin for 2-3 minutes, and then rinse with water.
- Purifying scrub mask . Poured 0.5 tablespoon. semolina, add 5 tablespoon. yogurt, 1 tablespoon grape seed oil and 2 cap. ether (for example, rosemary, tea tree, mint, chamomile – by type of skin).
A mask made from several oils, clay and chamomile broth will have a nourishin
g effect . Take 0.5 teaspoons. jojoba oil, sprouted wheat, 1 cap. pink and jasmine ether, 1,69 fluid ounce of chamomile decoction, 1 teaspoons grape oil and 3 tablespoons cosmetic clay.
- Whitening composition. A simpler recipe involves mixing water and clay, taken in a 1: 1 ratio with the addition of 15-20 cap. grape oil. The mask is applied for 15 minutes and is done 1-2 times in 7 days. Wash off with water at room temperature.
- A mask made of oil, yogurt and fresh green peas mixed in a blender is suitable for aging skin : 2 parts of green peas are taken in 1 part of oil and 1 part of yogurt. The mask is done 2 times a week.
- Moisturizing. Connect Art. homemade yogurt, 1 dl oil, 2 tablespoon. lemon juice and any essential oil – 4 cap. After 20 minutes, the mask prepared according to this recipe and applied to the face is washed off the skin. After its application, the skin becomes moisturized.
- From acne and inflammation on the skin will help a mixture of 1 tablespoon. grape seed oil and 15 cap. tea tree ether. Before applying the composition, the face should be steamed. Then the mixture is applied to a cotton pad and rubbed on his face. The mask should be washed off 10 minutes after application with warm water. Then apply a moisturizer.
- A mask with a banana has a nourishing effect on the skin. To prepare it, you need to take a ripe banana and mash it into the pulp with a fork. In the resulting mass add 1 teaspoons. grape oil. After keeping it on your face for 30 minutes, you need to rinse the composition with cool water.
- To moisturize dry skin , a mask is prepared from grape oil and germinated wheat oil, mixing the components in the same proportions. Make a mask 2 times a week for 20 minutes.
- To moisturize the skin of the lips , rid them of dryness and cracks, usd oil in its pure form 2 times a day.
Grape seed oil is also great for body care. In particular, it can improve the condition of the skin if stretch marks and cellulite are observed.
One of the wrap recipes:
- 1 tablespoon plantain leaves are brewed with 3,38 fluid ounce of boiling water. Insist 15-20 minutes, then filter the broth through cheesecloth. 0.5 teaspoons is added to the liquid. honey, ginger, nutmeg, and also 2 tablespoon. oils. After mixing all the components, distribute the mask in problem areas, wrap with cling film and hold for 60 minutes. Spend 10 procedures per month.
- Fat Burning Wrap: Connect 2 tablespoon. grape seed oil, a few drops of petitgrain and fennel oil. Use a composition for rubbing into the skin of the abdomen 2 weeks daily.
- 2 tablespoon oil + 5 cap. grapefruit essential oil is mixed and used for anti-cellulite massage.
Oil is also used to strengthen and accelerate the growth of eyelashes. It is applied with a brush to the hairs. It must not drain, otherwise it will get into the eyes.
When preparing a mixture that helps with spider veins, you need to warm up jojoba oil (2 tablespoons), add grape seed oil (2 tablespoons), and after cooling pour 5 cap. each essential oil: peppermint, lemon, geranium.
Grape seed oil is great as a base for massage oil.
Both pure oil and oil mixtures are used, for example:
- 2 tablespoon oil + 1 tablespoon peach oil + 5 cap. lemon ether, geranium oil and fennel;
- 2 tablespoon oil + 1 tablespoon jojoba oil + 5 cap. ether patchouli, rosemary, lavender.
The oil is applied to the steamed skin, and rubbed in a circular motion until it is absorbed.
To combat stretch marks, 1 tablespoon is heated. peach oil, add 1 tablespoon. grape and 0,03 fluid ounce oils of rosemary, patchouli, cypress, lavender. The mixture is well mixed and rubbed into the skin for 20 minutes.
Grape seed oil (properties and uses for the body and face discussed above) is widely used for hair care. They harden, become silky and become dazzling.
Experts suggest using several recipes:
- Take the yolk of a chicken egg, mix with almond oil and grape seed taken in 1 teaspoons, add ylang-ylang essential oil – 3 cap. Having mixed the ingredients into a homogeneous mass, the composition is applied to the head and washed off with warm water after 45-50 minutes.
- You can not make any complex hair masks, but simply usd the oil into the scalp before each wash, leaving it for 15 minutes. Even such a simple procedure will significantly improve the appearance of hair, help get rid of dandruff.
- Mix 1 teaspoons. Shea butter, grape seed and castor oil. Use the composition to moisturize and treat the cut ends, applying it directly to the ends. Keep composition – 20 minutes.
- A mask with brandy is suitable for oily hair care. Connect 1 teaspoons. grape seed oil, 2 teaspoons cognac and 3 cap. rosemary essential oil. The mixture is distributed over the hair, left for 30 minutes. Then the hair is washed with shampoo running warm water.
- Caring for dry hair, make a mask with ylang-ylang oil. 4 teaspoons mixed grape seed oil, 3 cap. ylang-ylang oil and 1 teaspoons hair balm. The mask should be applied to dirty hair. The composition is kept for 45 minutes, then washed off.
- To accelerate
the growth and strengthening of hair, a mixture of jojoba oil (2 teaspoons), grape (4 teaspoons) and rosemary (4 cap.) Is applied. Distribute oils along the entire length of the hair, insulate the head and hold a compress for 1 hour. Then shampoo is applied to the hair and washed off.
Contraindications and possible harm
When used in moderation (and not allergic to grapes), grape seed oil does not harm the body. However, with an overdose, side effects occur, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, dizziness.
Other contraindications include:
- Simultaneous administration of drugs for hypertension and high cholesterol.
- Taking blood thinning pills.
With frequent use of oil in face masks and in pure form:
- clogged pores;
- acne appears;
- hair fall out.
How to store oil
The longest oil will be stored in a dark and cool place. A refrigerator is best suited for this purpose. However, before use, the oil must be removed and left at room temperature to warm it.
Which oil is better to use
For cooking, you should buy oil in containers of 16,91 fluid ounce and 0,3 gallon. It can be refined and unrefined and is specifically intended for use in culinary purposes. Sold in supermarkets.
The highest quality oil is produced abroad, in countries where wine production is located: France, Spain, Greece, Italy.
For cosmetic use, oil is acquired in small dark glass vials with a dispenser.
Experts recommend buying oil from manufacturers such as Aromatika, Aspera.
Grape seed oil is a valuable product that cannot be cheap. Due to its properties, it cleanses, tightens the skin, evens out its tone.
But it is used not only in cosmetology, but also in cooking, in the treatment of the disease can be used inside.
Video about grape seed oil, its benefits and uses:
Application of grape seed oil for face and hair:
What is useful grape seed oil: