Cryomassage of the face using liquid nitrogen is a popular procedure, as it solves many skin problems. The healing properties of the liquid form of nitrogen allow its active use in medical cosmetology and medicine.
- What is cryotherapy
- Types of cryomassage
- The principle of massage with liquid nitrogen
- The benefits of cryomassage
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Indications for the procedure
- Other applications of cryomassage
- Preparation for cryomassage
- Technology of the procedure on the skin of the face
- Acne Cryomassage
- With demodicosis
- With rosacea
- Cryomassage with rosacea
- During pregnancy
- Frequency and duration of procedures
- Where to do cryomassage, and how much does it cost
- How to do cryomassage at home
- Skin recovery after a session
- Side effects
- Combination with other methods
- Video about cryotherapy
What is cryotherapy
Cryotherapy is a cold treatment procedure. This method refers to conservative medical procedures. During cryotherapy, a short-term cooling of the body or part of it to a low temperature (from -15 degrees and below) occurs. That is, the therapeutic effect occurs due to the temperature difference.
Exposure to cold causes blood vessels to narrow. In the future, there is an expansion of all capillaries, including spare ones. Due to this, blood flow to the tissues is stimulated, and in the area of exposure, metabolism is established and cell regeneration is activated.
To achieve the cooling effect, liquid nitrogen is used. It looks like a clear liquid and is safe for the body.
Types of cryomassage
Cryomassage is a type of hardware massage. It is physiological in nature. A feature of this type is that in addition to mechanical action, cold is used, which has the property of stopping inflammation and eliminating pain. Cryomassage can be divided into types according to the temperature of exposure.
It is performed when:
- Moderately low temperature no higher than 0 degrees. In this form, crushed ice is used, which is in two cellophane bags. Ice cubes may contain fruit or herbal juices for maximum massage effects. An ice bag is applied to different parts of the face, changing the degree of pressure and the direction of movement (in a circle or in the form of a zigzag). To avoid a cold burn, massage lasts no more than 3 minutes.
- Low temperature from -15 to -20 degrees. Such a temperature effect is carried out only with the help of special devices for cryomassage. Some of them are exposed to a mixture of nitrogen and cold air. This procedure does not require special preparation.
- The lowest possible temperature is from -110 to -160 degrees. This effect on the body is used for medical purposes. Low-temperature cryomassage helps cure burns, injuries and neurological disorders. The jet is directed to the affected area and prevents the development of pathological processes.
According to the patient’s problem, two types of cryomassage can be distinguished:
- Deep. As a result of this procedure, various neoplasms on the skin (papillomas, nevi, moles and others) are frozen and die. To do this, the applicator is kept on an undesirable formation for a long time (no more than 30 seconds) with little pressure on it. This method is called cryodestruction.
- Surface. In this case, the applicator does not come into contact with the skin. The doctor guides them along the massage lines of the face. Local contact allowed. Such cryomassage improves the general condition of the skin.
The principle of massage with liquid nitrogen
The doctor uses a special applicator to work with liquid nitrogen. There is a skin treatment along the massage lines and a local effect on problem areas. During this massage, there is a short-term contact of the skin with the applicator, which does not pose a danger to the patient’s health. During the procedure, an air screen forms, so the skin does not come into contact with nitrogen.
Low temperature affects the nerve endings of the skin. Due to this, the process of biochemical interaction of cells and blood flow improves. The vessels narrow sharply and expand slowly. As a result of this process, blood more actively enters the tissues, the metabolism is established, and dead skin particles are replaced quickly by new ones.
When the applicator is delayed for 15-20 seconds, light peeling occurs. The upper layer of the skin is updated due to the rejection of dead cells of the upper layer of the skin. This method allows you to significantly lighten or remove freckles and other age spots.
The benefits of cryomassage
Cryomassage has the following useful properties:
- improves skin elasticity and smoothes shallow wrinkles;
- improves complexion and eliminates edema;
- normalizes the production of sebum and narrows the pores;
- prevents inflammation;
- prevents the prolapse of facial tissues;
- eliminates hyperpigmentation;
- treats acne and its consequences;
- is an excellent assistant in the elimination of demodicosis;
- eliminates dark circles and bags under the eyes;
- allows skin care products to work better.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cryomassage has both pros and cons.
Indications for the procedure
Cryomassage of the face with liquid nitrogen will be effective in the following cases:
- age-related changes in facial skin (dryness, loss of firmness, wrinkles);
- skin diseases (demodicosis, rosacea, keratoma);
- rehabilitation after injuries and operations;
- acne and post-acne;
- neoplasms on the surface of the skin;
- increased production of skin secretion and enlarged pores;
Other applications of cryomassage
In addition to eliminating problems with the skin of the face, cryomassage is used in the following cases:
- to massage the scalp in order to improve blood circulation and stimulate hair growth;
- as a means for rehabilitation after injuries and operations, restoration of normal joint function;
- for better healing of scars and scars;
- To combat stress, cellulite and excess weight, special cryosaunas are used in which cold affects the entire body;
- if necessary, remove tumors in cryosurgery, including cancerous tumors;
- for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis and neurological disorders.
Preparation for cryomassage
Cryomassage of the face with liquid nitrogen does not require serious preparation. It is important the absence of ulcers on the skin, wounds, herpes formations.
Therefore, it is necessary to carry out preventive measures:
- Do not eat food that provokes the appearance of rashes;
- avoid overcooling the body;
- take immunomodulating agents;
- Carefully care for your skin with cosmetics.
Technology of the procedure on the skin of the face
Typically, the cryomassage procedure lasts no longer than 30 minutes.
There are 6 stages of cryomassage:
- hair is removed under a special hat;
- the skin is cleaned of cosmetics, dirt and excess sebum;
- the applicator is lowered into a container with liquid nitrogen and placed over the skin of the face, exerting slight pressure on it;
- the face is massaged with rapid movements, rotating the roller until the skin turns pale;
- take a break of 1-2 minutes and repeat the manipulation again;
- apply a soothing cream to moisturize and nourish the skin.
The patient in the process feels a burning sensation and tingling sensation. It should not bring discomfort, and with a strong manifestation of it can injure the skin. After the procedure, heat is felt at the site of exposure.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
In the treatment of acne and traces of it, a direct effect on the affected areas. Complex sections are processed under pressure. As a result of such cold stress, bacteria die that provoke inflammation on the skin.
Acne after the procedure disappears, a crust remains in their place, which disappears after 2-3 days. You can combine cryomassage and facial cleansing. In this case, a more visible effect is achieved.
Demodecosis causes a Demodex skin tick. Therefore, cryomassage is used only as an adjunct to drug therapy. Plots affected by demodicosis are treated for 3-5 seconds . After the procedure, severe redness of the skin is noted.
Rosacea is characterized by the formation of cysts in the sebaceous ducts of the skin. Cryomassage helps restore local immunity, the cells begin to be actively updated and the inflammatory process fades over time.
With this disease, the cryomassage procedure must be performed at least 2 times a year, and in some cases 3-5 courses are required.
Cryomassage with rosacea
Cryomassage of the face by means of liquid nitrogen in case of rosacea is considered a contraindication only by some specialists. Exposure to cold on affected areas will not remove existing red vein veins.
In this case, the vessels improve due to their training. It consists in a sharp narrowing and gradual expansion and prevents the appearance of new foci of rosacea. That is, cryomassage acts as a prophylactic and is not a way to eliminate the vascular network.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Pregnancy is not a contraindication for cryomassage. But in this situation, the patient takes responsibility. In connection with the hormonal restructuring of the tear tissue, they are closely connected with the organs for bearing the child, especially with the uterus.
Exposure to cold provokes stress. It can cause uterine tone and cause premature birth. Cryomassage is completely contraindicated for pregnant women with a negative Rh factor.
Frequency and duration of procedures
Cryomassage of the face with liquid nitro
gen is recommended to take a course, which usually consists of 10-15 sessions. The duration of the session is associated with the condition of the skin and does not exceed 30 minutes.
The frequency of courses and sessions depends on the problem that the patient wants to solve:
- with problem skin, treatment lasts until complete recovery (but not more than 15
- sessions). It is carried out at least 2-3 times a week. The breaks between sessions are small, because the skin after the procedure is quickly restored. The course is repeated as needed.
- With the prevention of aging, the procedure lasts 5-10 minutes, and the number of courses per year is 2-3.
- Patients with rosacea require regular cryomassage, otherwise the disease will progress.
- For rehabilitation after joint injury, the course consists of 8-12 sessions, which are carried out daily in two cycles of 3-7 minutes with a two-minute interval.
Where to do cryomassage, and how much does it cost
Cryomassage with liquid nitrogen is possible only in a cosmetology cabinet.
When choosing a medical center or beauty salon, you should pay attention to the following points:
- the organization and medical education have a license from a specialist who conducts cryomassage.
- The presence of a separate office or room (area of at least 12 square foot) with windows and effective ventilation and exhaust hood. This is necessary to maintain the required level of oxygen (20-24%). The room should be equipped with an automatic system that controls the concentration of gas in the air. There should be fluorescent lights and a sink.
- Liquid nitrogen must be stored in special Dewar containers of large volume ( 2,1 gallon or 4,2 gallon). Before the session, the part of nitrogen necessary for the procedure is placed in a special thermos.
- For massage, an applicator in the form of a wooden stick with a cotton tip or a cryoapplicator in the form of a tank filled with nitrogen is used.
The cost of one procedure is on average $ 10 – $ 12. It consists of the costs of equipment, materials and staff training.
How to do cryomassage at home
For home cryomassage, you can use ice. Mineral or plain water is frozen.
To it add decoctions of herbs, fruit or vegetable juices. It is allowed to add even pieces of fruit or vegetables to the ice.
You can do this massage in two ways:
- With a piece of ice, the face and neck are massaged along the massage lines for 3-5 minutes. The ice should be a little melted.
- Ice is placed in bags. Then they are slightly pressed to the skin and begin to massage in circular and zigzag movements. Such a massage can be done no longer than 2-3 minutes.
You can use the following recipes:
- mix pureed vegetable or fruit pulp with vegetable oil (olive, jojoba, argan). Then put this mixture in the freezer. The resulting ice cream nourishes the deep layers of the skin well.
The following herbs are suitable for mature skin:
For oily skin, you can make ice from decoctions:
For dry skin, a decoction of the following herbs and flowers is frozen:
- rose flower;
Typically, a decoction is prepared as follows: pour raw materials with boiling water and let stand for 15-30 minutes. Then filter. You can cook it in a water bath by placing a container with a decoction over boiling water.
Skin recovery after a session
After cryomassage, the skin turns red and swells. The patient experiences such discomfort during the day. With light exposure to the skin, no additional care products are needed. After 2-3 days, the massage session can be repeated.
When processing specific zones (cryodestruction), it is necessary to lubricate with alcohol composition the area next to the bubble that appeared after removal of the neoplasm. This will speed healing. A bursting bubble must be treated with hydrogen peroxide and a gauze bandage applied to block access to the infection.
It is necessary to follow all the doctor’s recommendations:
- cover especially reddened skin areas with antibacterial ointment;
- take pain medications agreed with your doctor for pain;
- not be in the sun without sunscreen;
- consume foods rich in vitamins B, A and E.
Despite its good tolerance, cryomassage has a number of contraindications. Children under 3 years old can not do it. The patient must inform the beautician about their health problems.
Such a massage is not carried out with the following diseases:
- allergy to cold;
- problems in the functioning of the nervous system;
- infectious skin diseases;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- systematic migraines;
- rosacea (at the discretion of the cosmetologist);
- inoperable oncological formations;
- hypertension of the last degree;
- violation of the integrity of the skin;
- pathology of the cardiovascular system;
- problems with the hematopoietic system;
- hemorrhagic diathesis;
- chronic diseases in the acute stage.
There are few negative manifestations after cryomassage and they disappear during the day:
- hyperemia of the skin (redness);
- painful sensations;
- pale skin color;
- a crust from a distant neopla
sm (it takes up to 10 days), the probability of infection of a wound;
- the development of cold allergies (before the session you need to test on a small area of the skin);
- when it enters the mucous membranes, drops of liquid nitrogen turn into cold metal and stick to the surface.
From cryomassage you can get the following results:
- fresh and firm skin;
- healthy complexion;
- normalization of sebum production and narrowing of pores;
- reduction of age spots;
- facial muscle relaxation;
- smoothing small wrinkles;
- getting rid of acne and post-acne.
Combination with other methods
Cryomassage of the face with liquid nitrogen can act as a separate treatment method, as well as be combined with other cosmetic procedures. It is important to remember that in one day you can not go through two or more procedures.
To achieve maximum effect, cryomassage can supplement:
- any kind of facial cleansing. In such a tandem, cryomassage acts as a means of calming irritated skin.
- Masks, lotions and creams for face skin.
- Different types of facial massage.
There are many reviews of cryomassage on the Internet. Patients note only the positive effect of the procedure and are advised to all. Thanks to such a remedy, many got rid of acne and traces of them. Problems of parasitic skin diseases have also been successfully resolved.
Most people report discomfort during the procedure. As well as side effects in the form of redness and swelling.
Negative reviews are associated with the unprofessional approach of a cosmetologist. People complain of burns from the cold, aggravation of skin problems or lack of results.
Liquid nitrogen as the main active ingredient for cryomassage of the face has no analogues.
Massage with a cold should only be done according to indications, under the supervision of a specialist with a medical education in a medical institution or a beauty parlor. Only in this case is a positive result from the procedure possible.
Video about cryotherapy
How is cryomassage: