The cheiloplasty procedure is performed to change the contour and volume of the lip line, for the reconstruction of damaged areas, birth defects. Cheiloplasty of the lips (a photo of the results before and after can be seen later) is necessary in cases where lip injuries have occurred, for the treatment of abnormal abnormalities.
- Cheiloplasty – correction and change in the shape of the lips
- Indications for the operation
- At what age can I do
- Injection Cheiloplasty
- Kisselring plastic
- VY Lip Surgery
- Paris plastic technique
- DAO Resection
- Implant Introduction
- Preparation for surgery
- How is the procedure
- Effect duration
- Postoperative period
- Possible side effects and complications
- Cheiloplasty in pathologies in children
- Surgery during pregnancy
- Video about lip cheloplasty and possible complications after it
Cheiloplasty – correction and change in the shape of the lips
There are 3 types of cheiloplasty:
- Reduction technology, in which an operation is performed to reduce the length and volume of the lips with congenital anomalies.
- Aesthetic plastic procedure is aimed at improving the attractiveness, creating the correct contours of the lips.
- Reconstructive cheiloplasty is prescribed due to oncological pathologies, the need to eliminate the cleft lip, cleft palate, etc. In this case, surgery is a necessary measure to give the face oval proportional features, to create a beautiful, natural smile.
Indications for the operation
The main indications for cheiloplasty are:
- Congenital malformations.
- The appearance of neoplasms in the cavity of the lips.
- Wrinkle repair.
- Masking scars and scars in the corners of the mouth.
- Gummy smile.
- Asymmetry of the mouth.
- Previous failed lip augmentation or reduction procedures.
- Lack of lip density.
- Defects of the mouth, lips after accidents, injuries, operations.
At what age can I do
Without a history of contraindications, correction of the shape of the lips and corners of the mouth can be carried out from 18 years old. Children need parental written permission for the cheiloplasty procedure.
Cheiloplasty of the lips, photos before and after which are available on the Internet for study, provides an individual approach to each patient. The method is selected depending on the expected effect, indications for the procedure, is appointed only by the master.
Several basic injection plastic techniques have been developed based on the introduction of special solutions or peptide cocktails into the lip cavity to increase volume.
- The use of hyaluronic acid. The most commonly used solution is Yuviderm, which provides lip augmentation. The effect is achieved by attracting and retaining the drug with water in the tissues. The duration of the effect of volume lips is 5-6 months.
- Lipofilling – liposuction is used to extract the patient’s natural fat, which is then introduced under the skin of the lips. A fairly cheap method, but can cause complications and side effects.
- Biopolymer is a special gel with high plasticity, providing the effect of voluminous lips. The drug is administered under the skin of the lips, the effect lasts at least 3-4 years. Collagen gels are often used, for example, “Saymetr”, “Izolazhen” to adjust the shape of the lips.
Most fillers are represented on the cosmetic market by the reliable European company Biomed. Their popularity and relevance is explained by the maximum biocompatibility with natural human tissues, the absence of adverse reactions and allergies.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cannula – what it is, as it is used in cosmetology and medicine.
This surgical procedure for changing the shape and volume of the lips is performed by making incisions on the soft tissues. This is a radical correction method that allows you to achieve good results without the risk of lip shape changes in the future.
The Kisselring procedure is performed by excising strips of skin of different widths along and above the border of the lip. After this, the red border of the lip turns out, due to which the lips as a result become more puffy and voluminous.
Cheiloplasty of the lips (before and after photos can be studied in the article) according to the Kisselring method is necessary for patients who have a very thin red border above the lips and at the same time a small thickness of the lip mucosa. This combination does not make it possible to carry out other methods of lip correction.
Often this operation is done to people of advanced age, often a thin border can be from birth. Actual procedure for asymmetry of the lips.
A popular, gentle method of conducting a surgical operation, based on the fact that during the procedure the distance from the red border of the lips to the nose is reduced.
This can be achieved by excision of skin flaps of a certain length.
Minimally invasive technique, most often used to raise the corners of the mouth. This operation is prescribed at an advanced age to eliminate a pronounced nasolabial fold or with congenital anomalies.
VY Lip Surgery
The procedure of VY plasty involves performing incisions in the form of a “V” on the mucosa of the upper lip.
After that, the lip is tucked and sutured in the form of “Y”.
Paris plastic technique
This is a unique operation technique that differs significantly from similar lip correction technologies. It is carried out mainly in the area from the corners to the highest points of the upper lip. The Parisian technique allows you to make adjustments to both lips, but always start from the top.
In the lower lip, the injection sites will be located on the line of intersection of the red border with the imaginary line of the corners of the lips. Thus, the corners of the lips and their middle will not be affected during the procedure.
The effect of the Paris operation is ensured thanks to the evenly distributed preparation in different parts of the lips. Most often, Restylight is used for this method, the advantage of which is that it does not fill the soft tissues themselves, but makes them denser. This allows you to smooth out wrinkles, nasolabial folds, to refresh and rejuvenate the face.
Depending on the evidence a
nd the basics of the operation, the methods may be as follows:
- Lip corner plastic surgery – DAO resection, in which the doctor performs incisions on the inside of the cheek, fills the voids with natural fat (taken after liposuction, animal fats). This allows you to accentuate the corners of your mouth.
- The “suspension” method is carried out with special surgical threads, they are inserted through the nose to the cavity of the upper lip. In this case, the skin is stretched, the bulge over the lip becomes more expressive convex.
- Volume reduction is a procedure related to the cosmetic form of adjustment, it is necessary to reduce the length and convexity of the shape of the lips. The technology provides for excision during the operation of excess lip tissue.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Vera Alentova after plastic surgery – the last photos, what operations were carried out, how the star changed.
Using implants can achieve high results in lip augmentation. This technique is used only when there are contraindications for injecting and operating techniques for adjusting the line and shape of the lips.
Cheiloplasty of the lips with the introduction of implants (photos before and after are offered below) makes it possible to emphasize the natural contour, to give the lips the necessary volume. The procedure is part of the aesthetic correction group. The advantage of the technique is that over time, you can replace the implant, remove it completely, or have surgery.
Preparation for surgery
Before any of the procedures (aesthetic, surgical), a professional examination should be carried out, which includes:
- Blood chemistry.
- Clinical and general blood test.
- Consultations of a dermatologist, immunologist.
Before the operation, it is necessary to stop taking medications that can stimulate high bleeding:
- Hormonal contraceptives.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Ginkgo biloba dietary supplements.
If you can’t completely cancel them, you should contact a specialist who has prescribed medications to adjust the dose and dosage regimen.
“Aspirin” and its analogues are strictly prohibited before cheiloplasty.
2 weeks before the procedure, you should stop taking alcohol, give up tobacco products. Thanks to this, it is possible to restore and normalize the rheological properties of blood in advance in order to prevent bleeding and subsequent complications.
On the eve of surgery to correct the shape of the lips, you must adhere to a dietary diet. The last meal should occur at least 12 hours before surgery.
It is recommended in advance to prepare things that will be needed upon returning from the clinic:
- Ice to reduce pain and swelling.
- Ointments and anti-inflammatory cream creams.
- Juice, jelly, cereals, so as not to injure the oral cavity with solid foods.
Most often, cheiloplasty is performed under local anesthesia, due to the fact that this is a minimally invasive intervention, it makes no sense to use general anesthesia.
How is the procedure
The formation of the line and volume of the lips with a filler is performed by injecting subcutaneous acid, gel or body fat. The correction area is directly subject to processing, and local anesthesia is used. But, over time, the drugs resolve, the effect of puffy lips goes away.
Cheiloplasty of the lips, photos before and after which show the difference and the result obtained, has a lasting effect.
In this case, the specialist adheres to the following steps:
- Any makeup is removed, dirt and dust are eliminated.
- The lip area is treated with an antiseptic.
- The doctor with a scalpel incisions the corrected area.
- Using one of the techniques, the specialist creates an acceptable form (excision of the part, eversion).
- After this, the incisions are sutured with cosmetic threads.
After the operation, incisions are not visible, no scars remain, because all surgical procedures are performed on the mucosa.
Procedures allow you to achieve amazing results:
- Creating a symmetrical smile.
- Elimination of too thin or thick lips.
- Volume increase and more.
Classic operating cheiloplasty gives a lifelong permanent result. Injection measures do not guarantee the constancy of the effect, puffy lips disappear with time (after 3-6 months, depending on the chosen drug).
During the rehabilitation period, ointments and creams against infection and the inflammatory process are mandatory. Regenerating agents are necessary for the quickest healing of the wound. Any medication should be prescribed by a doctor.
In the first 2-3 days, pain, tightness, discomfort will continue. In this case, prescribe painkillers, for example, Paracetamol.
- To eliminate puffiness on the treated area, apply ice wrapped in cloth.
- Immediately after cheiloplasty, it is recommended to take only liquid food, juices through the tubes. Solid products add gently, gradually.
- In no case should you drink hot tea, any drinks, eat hot dishes. In order to fully recover and acquire a normal appearance, it is better to take a vacation for 5-7 days.
- It is necessary to limit sports activities, loads for 3-4 days after injection procedures and for 2 weeks after surgery.
With full compliance with the recommendations of the doctor, the recovery period is quite easy.
Possible side effects and complications
If the p
rocedure is performed by an inexperienced doctor, the precautions were ignored, side effects may occur:
- Allergy to the drug anesthetic.
- Bleeding during the event.
- Seams diverge, blood protrudes after surgery.
- The development of infection, inflammation.
- Nerve damage.
- Loss of lip sensitivity.
The contouring procedure is accompanied by minimal complications and side effects. But, in some cases, over time, there is a migration of the drug in the folds of the lips, the formation of fibrous capsules.
Cheiloplasty in pathologies in children
Surgical cheiloplasty is often performed for children, only by forced measures, as directed by a doctor. Basically, these procedures are necessary to eliminate birth defects and abnormalities, pathologies of the development of the lips, mouth.
Cheiloplasty of lips for children (before and after photos are publicly available on the Internet) is an operative measure for the formation of a labial and lingual frenum and is performed in infancy.
An improperly formed bridle gives a lot of trouble to the baby, interferes with proper food intake and creates problems with the speech apparatus. With such a pathology, the child begins to speak late, can burr, lisp.
Minimum surgical intervention is performed using local anesthesia.
The expected effect is most likely if the operation is carried out before the child’s 6th birthday, until the cartilage tissue has completely formed. Ideal – to perform surgical procedures up to 6-8 months of age. A dentist with many years of experience and practice performs all the necessary manipulations within 2-3 minutes.
If the appointment is made at a later age, most likely, a full-fledged operation will be assigned with all the risks and the subsequent period of rehabilitation. For pediatric surgery, lasers are used that provide less damage and more accuracy, an easier recovery period.
For children over 5 years old, it is recommended to carry out frenuloplasty – a surgical procedure that can eliminate the pathology of a short frenulum (ankyloglossia).
Depending on the severity of the damage, it can be assigned to children:
- Complete procedure for adjusting the bridle.
- The easiest way is to cut.
- Surgical displacement.
The appointment is carried out by the attending physician, for prevention it is important to visit the pediatric dentist constantly, to assess the development of the children’s bridle. In order for the recovery period to go well for parents, it is important to monitor the oral hygiene and use only light, liquid foods during rehabilitation.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How and why the ribs are removed – efficiency, photo before and after the operation.
Surgery during pregnancy
It is strongly not recommended to carry out cheiloplasty during pregnancy and lactation.
Relative contraindications to the procedure are the following reasons:
- Wounds, open injuries on the lips.
- The period of acute respiratory and viral diseases.
- Labial herpes.
- Infectious diseases.
Strict contraindications for performing cheiloplasty:
- Decompensated diseases of the internal organs.
- Autoimmune system dysfunction.
- Diseases of the hematopoietic system.
- Uncontrolled hyperglycemia.
- Severe course of chronic diseases.
Cheiloplasty of the lips and mouth (photos before and after are provided for review) is a popular and popular procedure.
It allows you to give more attractiveness, seduction to the lips, eliminate congenital and acquired defects. Before conducting such a procedure, it is necessary to consult a doctor, undergo a series of specialized examinations.
Video about lip cheloplasty and possible complications after it
The subtleties of plastic surgery to increase and change the shape of the lips:
Surgery to restore and correct the shape of the lips while removing the biopolymer gel: