How to remove ribs – Information about this has recently gained popularity among readers.
This is due to an increase in demand for rib resection, specifically within the framework of plastic surgery. However, experts in the field of thoracic surgery to this day there are disagreements about the benefits and harms of such an operation.
- Why remove the lower ribs of a man and a woman. Before and after photos
- Removal of ribs for a thin waist
- Removal of ribs for self-satisfaction
- Removal of ribs during lung surgery
- Rib removal for tuberculosis
- Plastic surgery – how to remove the ribs. How much is. Photo. Video
- Consequences and complications after removal of the ribs. Scars after surgery
- Videos: Removing Ribs
Why remove the lower ribs of a man and a woman. Before and after photos
Basically, women who dream of a sexy and slender figure are asked the question of resection of the ribs. However, now some men are resorting to this operation, driven by the desire to give pleasure to themselves, or as the final stage of the operation to change the gender to female. The latter case is also needed to gain a feminine waist.
Below you can see photos of men and women before and after resection of the ribs.
Despite the fact that some do this operation to find the desired forms, first of all it is, nevertheless, a medical procedure that is prescribed for both men and women with severe respiratory diseases.
Removal of ribs for a thin waist
In the 21st century, women do not need to exhaust themselves with diets and going to gyms to gain an hourglass figure, which has been regarded by men as a standard of beauty and sexuality for centuries. They simply go to the clinic and remove the lower ribs.
Despite the fact that this operation is more plastic than health-improving, it requires some conditions to be met:
- a person should not be overweight. For people with curvaceous forms and the presence of fatty deposits, especially in the abdomen and waist, experts recommend first to undergo a liposuction course and learn how to maintain their body in normal weight;
- the operation is recommended for people with a “rectangular” type of figure. Because with this type of figure, people can’t get the aspen waist either through exercises in the fitness club, or by any home and folk methods;
- Also, this operation can be recommended to a transsexual patient who has already undergone surgery to change the gender from male to female, but the waist has not been outlined.
There are contraindications:
- The operation is not recommended for people with hormonal imbalance, since a surge in hormones affects the gain in excess weight, which in the absence of two lower ribs can affect the health of the spine;
- Also, the operation should be abandoned to persons under the age of 25, because the formation of all vital organs is completed at the age of about 25-27 years.
Removal of ribs for self-satisfaction
Currently, sexologists are talking about the growing popularity of self-satisfaction in modern society.
Self-satisfaction, otherwise called masturbation, is a sexual act performed by a person to achieve the peak of sexual pleasure, i.e. orgasm.
Women in this matter resort to the help of various items and accessories. In men, in addition to additional funds, there is also such a way of self-satisfaction as autofellation.
However, due to some structural features of the male body, it is not possible for many men to perform autofellation, so they decide to take such an extreme step as removing the lower ribs.
Among celebrities there is an example of such an act. Marilyn Manson admitted in one of his interviews that he had removed one lower rib in order to be able to satisfy himself.
The opinions of doctors regarding this method of self-satisfaction are ambiguous. Some experts believe that there is nothing dangerous in autofellation and this is just a way to relieve stress. Others argue that autofellation is a direct path to narcissism and various disorders of the nervous system, diseases of the genitourinary system and emotional loneliness.
Removal of ribs during lung surgery
The operation to remove the ribs may apply not only to plastic surgery. Often, such a complicated procedure can save the life of a person suffering from lung diseases.
The lungs are a paired internal organ, the main function of which is to exchange gas between the air entering the body and the circulatory system.
When conservative methods of treatment can not cope with the disease, operational enter the battle.
Thoracic surgery is a fairly common direction in medicine, which is aimed at treating the organs of the chest: pleurals, lungs and others, mainly by the surgical method.
The most common cases of damage to the chest organs, in which removal of the ribs is required, experts include:
- malignant, benign neoplasms, tumors;
- advanced and chronic inflammatory processes, such as pleural empyema, lung abscess;
- malformations and functioning of the lung;
- infectious diseases such as tuberculosis or pneumonia.
However, thoracic surgeons do not always decide to remove the patient’s ribs during surgery. This is a necessary measure if one of the ribs or both covers the affected area of the lung, and does not give the opportunity to remove the tumor or to see the focus of inflammation.
Since the patient removes the ribs during this operation, his body needs serious rehabilitation. A rehabilitation doctor prescribes a course of pain medication and antibiotics to the patient.
If, after 6 months after the operation, the doctor evaluates the patient’s condition as satisfactory, then he is prescribed a course of exercise therapy, to fully restore lung function. In general, recovery takes from 1 to 2 years in the absence of complications in the patient.
Rib removal for tuberculosis
Tuberculosis is a dangerous, highly tolerable infectious disease of the chest organs.
Scientists have proven that in recent years, Koch’
s stick, which is the cause of tuberculosis, has become more resistant to even the most powerful antibiotics. Therefore, if pharmaceutical preparations do not bring improvements to the patient, specialists resort to surgical methods of treatment, i.e. remove the ribs.
Typically, the correction of the affected lung is carried out both in a planned manner and as an exception, when the patient is in danger, and surgical intervention can prevent death.
The reasons for surgery and subsequent removal of the ribs can be:
- severe open form of tuberculosis, accompanied by hemoptysis;
- irreversible morphological changes in a previously affected lung;
- large foci of pus in the affected lung;
- the occurrence of conditions that threaten the patient with a fatal outcome.
Phthisiatricians do not prescribe surgery for people with pathologies of the circulatory system, renal and hepatic departments. These patients are at risk of not undergoing surgical methods or receive additional complications, even death.
Each patient has his own unique case, and surgeons are interested in preserving as much of the tissue as possible without infection. Therefore, during the operation, part of the affected lung is removed and, to reduce the volume of the chest, several ribs are removed, usually from one to 3.
How ribs are removed for lung disease can be seen in the video.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Vera Alentova after plastic surgery – the last photos, what operations were carried out, how the star changed.
Plastic surgery – how to remove the ribs. How much is. Photo. Video
For a person who has decided to have an operation to remove the ribs, first you need to consult with a plastic surgeon and therapist, as well as pass all the necessary tests.
The patient must be absolutely healthy, which means that it is necessary to cure all existing diseases, such as: herpes, SARS, caries and other ailments. A month before the operation, cigarettes and alcohol should be abandoned, as well as blood-thinning tablets if they have been taken previously. These include Heparin, Warfarin, Curantil, Eskuzan, etc.
If a person has successfully passed the preoperative preparation stage and has no contraindications for resection of the ribs, then he is assigned the date of the operation. The patient is recommended to follow a diet a day before the operation. 12 hours before the operation, food is not allowed, only a small amount of water is permissible. An hour before the operation, the patient is given a cleansing enema.
- General anesthesia is done;
- The abdomen is treated with a disinfectant;
- To date, when performing an operation to remove the ribs, the most popular endoscopic method. With this method, an incision is made in the navel and continues to the ribs;
- The surgeon inserts a flexible endoscope (a thin tube with a camera at the end) and a surgical instrument;
- Reduce ribs to the required size;
- Suture and sterile dressing.
How the operation goes can be seen in the video below.
The operation lasts from 2 to 5 hours, depending on the degree of difficulty. After the patient successfully recovered from anesthesia, the rehabilitation period begins.
It should be borne in mind that this operation is transferred by the body rather hard, especially with a weakened body and low immunity. The ribs are removed to a person, and the body regards this as an interference in its functioning, therefore it often fails.
In the postoperative period, the patient will definitely have to use painkillers and wear special underwear. It is also imperative to visit a rehabilitation therapist every week, to rule out the development of complications.
The average price of plastic surgery to remove ribs in USA is $ 2040. The price may vary depending on the, the experience of the thoracic surgeon and the clinic in which the operation will be performed. A medical operation will cost several times cheaper, the average price for such an operation will be from $ 272 – $ 544, depending on the severity and symptoms of the disease.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cannula – what it is, as it is used in cosmetology and medicine.
Consequences and complications after removal of the ribs. Scars after surgery
The human body is a perfect machine and the loss of a component can lead to a decrease or loss of functionality of another. After resection of the ribs, complications such as:
- chest deformity;
- prolapse of the kidneys;
- changes in blood circulation;
- problems with the respiratory system;
- pain in the area of the removed ribs.
Violation of the recommendations of a rehabilitologist, a sharp cessation of recovery procedures or a peculiar reaction of the body – all this can become the causes of complications after surgery to remove the ribs.
Scars are another unpleasant consequence of the operation. At the same time, almost all patients encounter them.
They are both insignificant (you can see in the photo below), and larger ones, for the treatment of which a healing cream, as in the first case, will not be enough. A course of laser therapy is needed to correct them.
In any case, a patient who is interested in how the ribs are removed must first go to the clinic, where he will be provided with comprehensive information for his particular case.
Videos: Removing Ribs
The girls who removed the ribs. How and why:
Is thin waist possible without rib removal surgery: