Daily short hair styling is tiring and time consuming. Beauty salons today offer carving for short hair. You can see photos of modern styling in the catalog and make a choice in favor of your favorite hairstyle.
- What is carving hair
- Types of carving
- Advantages of the method
- Cons carving
- Contraindications to the procedure
- Popular carving products at home
- Types of curlers that are suitable for the procedure
- How to choose a wave size
- A step-by-step technique for performing carving for short hair with a photo
- Carving Technique for Long Hair: A Step-by-Step Guide
- What to do with bangs
- How long does the result last
- The cost of carving in the salons of New York, Los Angeles and the
- Hair Carving Video
What is carving hair
The English word “carving” implies the concept of long-term styling with the help of a chemical composition that is strikingly different from the usual perm.
Hair treatment with this method is more gentle. The tool acts only on their external part, without affecting the deep layers.
Thanks to this procedure, owners of short curls can forget about the inconvenience with a hairdo for several months.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Types of carving
Carving for short hair (photos of various options can be viewed at any hairdresser or on the Internet) is suitable for women with any type of face, hence the variety of hairstyles.
Masters divide this type of styling into several types:
- radical , in which work is carried out in the root area. This styling method looks good with bangs;
- vertical – is done along the entire length of the hair to obtain spiral curls;
- textural – the work is carried out using different curlers in size and shape, the result looks very creative;
- small – designed to create small curls and maximum volume;
- medium – to give styling airiness and lightness;
- large – to obtain a wavy hair.
Advantages of the method
Carving has gained popularity for a number of reasons:
- the chemicals used for the procedure do not cause noticeable damage to either the hair or scalp;
- the resulting curls look more natural than with a chemical wave;
- curls without additional styling can last from 1 month to 3;
- hair becomes more obedient, easier to comb;
- hairstyle lasts much longer;
- oily hair after the procedure will cease to be intensively covered with sebaceous secretions, there will be no need to wash your hair often;
- a gentle hair treatment method allows you to change the image every 2-3 months by performing the following carving procedure.
Carving for short hair, whose photo is so attractive to fashionistas, has its drawbacks:
- styling does not give the effect of pronounced curls and curls;
- carving products have a specific smell that does not immediately disappear, but at first intensifies when washing your hair;
- the tips of normal and prone to dry hair can be cut;
- an individual reaction is possible, expressed in intense hair loss;
- styling chemicals can help change the color of dyed hair;
- the procedure may not work on thick hair or Asian hair;
- after the end of the action of chemicals and their washing, the hair can immediately begin to lose its shape, and can retain it, but create disharmony with the growing part.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Contraindications to the procedure
There are not many contraindications, more often they are temporary, but they should be known:
- the period of pregnancy and lactation, in which a significantly changed hormone content in a woman’s blood can affect the carving effect – the reaction can be unpredictable;
- clarified or prone to dry hair – styling products, having dried them, can make locks brittle, similar to a washcloth;
- freshly dyed hair (it is necessary to withstand at least 7-10 days after painting);
- weakened by stress, cold, hot hair;
- individual allergic reactions;
- the period of menstruation, in connection with a change in the hormonal background;
- during the whole time of taking hormonal drugs.
Popular carving products at home
Carving can be done at home if you have some experience in hairdressing.
As a rule, preference is given to sets with an ammonia-free composition produced by well-known companies.
- Schwarzkopf offers for carving the Natural Stayling series, which guarantee not only the visual effect of the new hair shape, but also its health and restoration thanks to aloe vera extract and amino acids. The effectiveness of the funds depends on the thickness, length and thickness of the hair, the preservation of the effect – 2.5-3 months. A nice bonus is the presence of keratin in the product line, which effectively “patches” weaknesses along the entire length of the curls. The procedure successfully combines curling and gentle hair care. The best effect is achieved when using the Natural Stayling Neutraliser.
- Wella , as a gentle curl, offers customers a series of Curl lt extra conditioning. Specialists recommend these products for dyed, thin or weakened hair and sensitive skin. Cysteine, which is part of the preparations, allows you to moisturize the strands and make them more elastic, and the modern Flexi-Protect technology has restoring and protective properties. The duration of action is about 2.5 months.
- CHI Lonic Shine Waves incorporates silk proteins. Suitable for weakened hair. The products do not contain toxic, aggressive ingredients, they can be used safely by pregnant and breastfeeding women (the effect of curling may not meet expectations only in case of hormonal imbalance in the body).
- Estel Niagara offers several options for long-term curling. Means No. 1 – for hard naughty hair, No. 2 – for normal curls, No. 4 – for colored, weakened or clarified strands. The entire line does not have a clear chemical smell. The complexes suggest the additional use of hair protecting products Essex shampoo, spray for damaged areas. The only thing to keep in mind is that the products of this manufacturer are designed for professional use, so at home you can use it for those who have experience in this area.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Types of curlers that are suitable for the procedure
Carving for short hair, this photo clearly shows, involves the use of various curlers.
Their correct selection guarantees the desired result:
- voluminous curlers ( 1’2 – 2 inch in diameter) give the hair a wave effect, and are also used for root or local styling;
- whooping cough (finger-type devices) are intended for small curls of the African type, providing a good volume;
- spiral curlers are used for vertical curls and achieve volumetric hairstyles;
- scooters (in other words, boomerang curlers) – made of foam rubber and well bending wire in the center. Depending on the diameter, they may be suitable for the formation of large or small curls.
How to choose a wave size
The choice of wave size depends on the main haircut. For a short square, large curls with a basal uplift may be suitable. For a long time, a local curl on large curlers can maintain the shape of the ends of the hair.
To create a perky image and get the maximum volume, you can form small curls “a la Africa”.
Girls with hairstyles of the “ladder” type, with hair closer to the average length, can use texture curls using curlers of different diameters, therefore, with different wave sizes.
The best option for curling is better to discuss with your hairdresser, who can adjust the client’s desire based on the shape of his face, length and condition of the strands.
A step-by-step technique for performing carving for short hair with a photo
Photos of carving for short hair clearly show its main stages.
But the step-by-step instruction contains a few more positions:
- washing your hair and drying it lightly with a towel;
- hair is divided into strands, each of which is wound on a bobbin (curler) of a shape chosen;
- a tourniquet is made from a soft cloth or towel and tied around the head along the hair line to prevent chemicals from getting on the face;
- with the help of an applicator, each “wrapping” is well processed with a curling agent;
- they put a bathing cap on their heads;
- every 8-10 minutes one of the strands is checked for the degree of readiness of the curl (the composition is kept on the hair for no more than 40 minutes);
- after 40 minutes hair with curlers is well washed in running warm water;
- the head is dried with a towel;
- locks on bobbins are treated with a neutralizer, which fixes their new shape (the exposure time is indicated in the manufacturer’s instructions);
- it is time to carefully remove the curlers;
- based on the instructions, the hair is washed with warm water without shampoo, but with a restoring balm;
- dry your hair in a natural way or with a “not hot” hair dryer.
Some manufacturers of carving products do not recommend washing their hair for 2-3 days after going to the hairdresser , so that the fixer fixes the shape of curls well, so it is recommended to study the details of the instructions before styling.
Carving Technique for Long Hair: A Step-by-Step Guide
Carving for long hair has the same scheme as working for short hair, but there are additional nuances:
- when wrapping, it is necessary to choose large curlers so that the strands can be saturated with the styling agent evenly;
- the strands should be the same in the amount of hair;
- it is very important to form curls in the right direction;
- long hair requires a professional approach, so the procedure is best done by the master.
What to do with bangs
Bangs play an important role in trying to hide the flaws of the oval of the face. In this regard, when carving, the question arises of what can be done with this part of the hairstyle.
Hairdressers usually adhere to the following rules:
- even bangs covering a wide forehead are best left untouched;
- asymmetric or oblique bangs can also not be touched;
- on a long bang it is necessary to make a curl so that it begins to harmonize with the total mass of hair;
- straight bangs, depending on the shape of the face and shape of the head, may not be combined with small curls;
- to give the bangs volume, you can use root laying.
How long does the result last
Usually 1 procedure is enough for 2.5-3 months.
However, there are a number of factors that affect the lifespan of a perm:
- the thicker the hair, the worse it lends itself to chemical means, the less carving will last on the hair;
- “glass” hair, the structure of which is very dense and does not allow chemical agents to soak them in the right amount, also does not lend itself to curling;
- curl straightens faster on long hair under their weight;
- curls (up to 3-4 months) made on dyed or bleached hair hold best. There is only one condition, the previous chemical hair treatment should be 2-3 weeks before carving, while the hair should not be weakened.
The cost of carving in the salons of New York, Los Angeles and the
Prices for long-term installation depend on several factors:
- hair length – the longer the strands, the more expensive;
- used sets of funds – more expensive or cheaper (from $ 6,8);
- status of a beauty salon – takes into account the class of masters, experience, equipment;
- city status (central, millionaire, thousand-strong) – usually, the more modest the city, the more affordable prices.
Price indicators in usd look something like this:
|City||< strong>Short hair||Medium hair||Long hair|
Hair Carving Video
Gentle curling hair: