Only a set of measures can help eliminate body fat in the abdomen and sides of women, tone the abdominal press and gain a slender figure.
The most effective for this purpose are considered cardio workouts. These include: running, swimming, aerobics and strength training in the gym or at home.
Exercises for the abdomen In order to achieve a greater effect, a quick result, and not get injured, you need to not only know the technique, but also the rules for their implementation.
- What is important to know about the abdominal muscles
- Warm up
- Top 10 Exercises: Exercise Program for a Flat Belly
- Exercise “scissors”
- Exercise “Birch”
- Simple twisting
- Complicated (lateral) twisting
- Lunge Twisting
- Leg lift
- Side Pose
- Push up to the press
- Wiggle socks
- Circular rotation
- Bend with knees
- Raising legs from a support position
- Straight stretch
- Yoga poses to help you lose fat
- Salamba Sarvangasana
- Janu Shirshasana
- Urdhva Prasarita Padasana
- Navasana or rook pose
- 7 simple tips for a beautiful waist
What is important to know about the abdominal muscles
There are 4 types of muscles of the abdominal cavity:
- internal oblique;
- external oblique.
They are also divided into superficial and deep. The rectus muscle is the largest in size. It is paired and consists of vertically longitudinal muscle bundles.
The transverse muscle is the deepest of all. Bunches of external muscles go down the radius. The internal obliques are located inside of the external.
Abdominal muscles allow you to tilt the body in different directions, affect the internal pressure in the abdominal cavity. The deep muscles provide support to the spine and internal organs.
A full-fledged warm-up is an obligatory part before the main exercises. As a warm-up, only simple exercises are used, as well as stretching.
The duration of the warm-up for women should be about 15 minutes, if it is cool in the room, then the warm-up time should be increased.
For warming up the abdominal muscles are suitable:
- rotation of the body;
Light running is a great way to warm up your muscles. You need to start it with walking with an easy step, constantly increasing the pace, and then switch to running at an average speed.
This will cause the muscles to warm up properly, improve blood circulation and make the heart work harder.
Rope jumping is also suitable as a warm-up. You can also twist the hoop.
Top 10 Exercises: Exercise Program for a Flat Belly
The following are the best, according to fitness trainers, exercises that are designed for both men and women who want to remove their stomach and tighten their abdominals.
All exercises are recommended to be performed on a special gymnastic mat.
To perform the exercise, you need to sit on the mat and, lying on your back, while exhaling, both legs must be raised perpendicular to the floor. With straight legs, perform crossing movements, like “scissors” and lower them to a height of at least 30 degrees from the floor as you exhale.
During the execution, the lower back cannot be taken off the floor. To make the exercise easier, you can grab hold of any heavy object, such as a furniture leg.
Take a horizontal position, while the arms should be extended along the length of the body. Next, you need to put your hands on your lower back, tear off the pelvis from the floor, and bend your legs at the knees and press them to your chest. Without removing your hands from the lower back, slowly raise the pelvis and stretch your legs vertically upward.
Hold in a pose for at least 2 minutes. Doctors do not recommend this exercise to those who suffer from neck diseases.
This exercise is also performed on the back, and arms are bent in front of the chest or behind the head, legs are in the knees, the heels are pressed to the floor. On exhalation, it is necessary to tear off the shoulders and shoulder blades, make twisting. When inhaling, relax the muscles.
Exercise is performed correctly if a burning sensation in the abdominal muscles is felt in the process. This can be achieved as follows: do not lower your shoulders to the end on the floor.
Complicated (lateral) twisting
For its implementation, it is also necessary to lie down horizontally, spread the hips to the side, and put your hands behind your head. Each shoulder must be alternately pulled to the knee of the opposite leg.
It is necessary to start this exercise with 15-20 repetitions per leg, increasing the number of repetitions with each workout.
It is necessary to start the exercise lying on your back with bent legs, both feet are pressed to the floor, hands are at the back of the head, and the elbows are spread apart. When performing this exercise, the head, neck, shoulders and shoulder blades are torn off the floor, and the legs, without unbending, are alternately pulled to the chest.
Each leg is not pulled to the opposite arm.
Take a horizontal position, while raising one leg by 45 degrees. In this position, it is worth lingering for 3 seconds, relax. Raise the other leg, lower it, it is important that the leg does not touch the floor, while at this time the second leg also rises by 45 degrees and is delayed for 3 seconds.
We stand in the pose of the bar. Next, you need to unfold the body sideways and extend your arm up perpendicular to the floor. The legs in this exercise can be placed either crosswise one after another, or the lower leg can be placed on the side of the foot, and the upper one can be placed on it.
The entire body should be one straight straight line. In the advanced version of the exercise, the upper leg can be extended upward.
Side bar trains balance.
Push up to the press
Take a horizontal position, with the legs bent at the knees, cross and lift, without lifting the lower back from the fl
oor. On the exhale, bent legs are pushed up due to the press so that the knees are above the chest and the lower back is torn off the floor.
To complete the exercise, you must sit on the floor as in the previous exercise, but do not cross legs. Further, each leg in turn must be pulled to the chest, then straightened, not fully lowering to the floor.
In the process of pulling up the legs, it is necessary to touch it with the elbow of the opposite hand. This exercise is done without sudden movements.
Take a horizontal position. Next, alternately raise each leg so that the lower leg is parallel to the floor, and the knees are located above the stomach. Put your hands behind your head.
Next, you need to tighten the muscles of the press, raise the shoulder blades and shoulders and alternately touch the floor with the socks of one leg first, then the other. On inhalation, it is necessary to raise legs, and on exhalation – lower.
The exercise is repeated at least 20 times, first on one leg, and then on the second.
Take a horizontal position. Next, it is necessary to tighten the abdominal muscles and pull the legs bent at the knees to the stomach, and the body to make circular movements alternately one way, then the other, while not taking the pelvis off the floor.
Bend with knees
You need to kneel down and rest your hands on the floor. For greater convenience, you can put a plaid under your palms. When performing this exercise, it is necessary to tighten the abdominal muscles, and tear off the knees from the floor.
Raising legs from a support position
The exercise is performed from the position of the strap on the elbows. It is necessary to tighten the abs and gluteal muscles, raise the straight leg up to a level slightly higher than the pelvic level and linger for 20 seconds, do the same with the other nude.
It is recommended to perform the exercise 15-20 times on both legs and increase the number of repetitions with each workout.
Starting position: we lay down on the mat, stretch out our hands, and palms rest on the floor. It is necessary to tighten the gluteal muscles and gradually, tearing the back and lower back to go up, stretching the fingers to the socks.
The stronger the buttocks tighten, the weaker the load on the back, which can lead to injury if the lower back muscles are weak.
Also considered effective is the exercise “vacuum”, which is well-known to many, and is suitable for women with sagging skin. To remove the stomach will help a special roller, which can be purchased in a special sports store.
Exercise with the roller is performed as follows: standing on your knees, you need to roll the roller back and forth, while stretching the muscles as much as possible for several seconds.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Yoga poses to help you lose fat
For many women who do not want to engage in exhaustion in the gym, yoga has become a real find. It is no less effective in comparison with the above exercises and helps not only to remove extra inch at the waist, but also to tighten the stomach.
It will help to become more flexible, and at the end of the day to calm down and get rid of unnecessary thoughts in the head.
Otherwise, it is called a stand on the shoulder blades or a pose of a birch. This exercise is contraindicated in those with a sore back, cervical osteochondrosis, hernia, or spinal surgery.
- Starting position: fold the blanket so that when placed on it, the head and neck are above the level of the shoulders and shoulder blades, this will help relieve the load from the cervical spine.
- Hands extended along the length of the body. Exhale, raise the knees to the chest, and place the feet behind the head.
- Next, you need to press your knees to your forehead and without sudden movements, resting your hands on your lower back, stretch your legs up.
- Chin touch the chest.
In the first training session, the position should be kept for about 3 minutes, in subsequent training, the time should be gradually increased. It is necessary to leave this pose gradually: first lower the bent legs to the forehead, and then lower the vertebra behind the vertebra to the floor.
Asanas performed while standing.
- Starting position: legs are standing together, hands are at chest level, palms are joined, and elbows are laid aside.
- After the initial position has been taken, relax your back and lean down.
- The forearms cross at the back of the head, and the arms hang freely.
If you regularly perform asanas, then due to the fact that the muscles become more elastic, it will be possible to put your palms behind your feet. Hold the pose for at least 1 minute, gradually increasing the time.
- Sit on the sciatic bones, legs and back straighten.
- One leg bends at the knee, then it must be moved to the inguinal zone and completely put the foot on the inner side of the thigh.
- The hip of your bent leg is fully placed on the floor.
- On exhalation, it is necessary to press the sciatic bones to the floor, while inhaling, pull the back up.
- Turn slightly to the left, transfer one hand to the outside of the opposite leg, palm reach the ankle.
- Bend your torso to the leg, fully stretching forward.
- Press the stomach and chest against the leg and grab the foot with both hands, while trying to put your forehead on your knee.
It is necessary to leave a pose gradually.
Urdhva Prasarita Padasana
This asana is performed on the back.
- On exhalation, the legs should be raised to a height of about 30 degrees, the arms are laid behind the head, and the elbows are pulled apart.
- In this position, you must stay at least 15 seconds.
- On the next exhale, raise the legs 60 degrees and also linger for half a minute. Then slowly lower your feet to the floor.
In that exercise, it is important to ensure that your lower back is pressed to the floor.
Navasana or rook pose
Regular performance of this asana will help strengthen the muscles of the abdomen, back, and also achieve good stretching.
- To start the asana, you need to sit on the mat, press your knees to each other, and press both feet to the floor.
- Then the back straightens and leans back 60 degrees, and straight arms extend parallel to the floor.
- In this position you need to linger for half a minute.
Any exercises for men and women who decide to remove their stomach and tighten their abdominal muscles are ineffective if you do not reconsider the nutrition in favor of more wholesome foods.
7 simple tips for a beautiful waist
- Avoid stress. When a person is nervous, not only the psyche suffers, but also health. The body feels uncomfortable and does not work properly.
- Limit your drinking. Alcoholic drinks are not only high-calorie, but also an aperitif to increase appetite.
- Eliminate high-calorie foods from your diet. These include: sugar, flour dishes, smoked meats, fast food. In the morning, you can consume carbohydrates, but after lunch, there should be proteins in the diet.
- Less starch, more fiber. For breakfast, it is useful to cook porridge from unpeeled hercules. Due to its high fiber content, it will help cleanse the intestines and reduce waist sizes.
- Not all fruits are equally healthy. For example, banana and grapes are high in calories, and they are recommended to be consumed in the first half of the day. The most effective fruits for weight loss are citrus fruits.
- Drink plenty of water. About 0,7 gallon of pure water should be drunk per day. This will saturate the body, and it will be fully prepared for stress.
To quickly remove your stomach, you need to not only rationalize your diet, regularly do abdominal exercises for women and men, but also adhere to a healthy lifestyle, quit bad habits and get enough sleep.
Exercises can be performed to any suitable music, and also, for greater motivation, you can engage in the company of close friends and girlfriends who are also tuned to lose weight and strengthen the abdominal press.
Video on how to remove the stomach and sides in a week
Video about exercises to help clean your stomach