Eyelid blepharoplasty is an aesthetic-oriented plastic surgery operation, as a result of which you can change the section of the eyes, the shape of the eyelid, and tighten the skin around the eyes.
- What is blepharoplasty, how does it go
- Operation cost
- Upper eyelid blepharoplasty
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty
- Plastic of Asian eyelids
- Seamless, without incisions blepharoplasty eyelids
- Laser method
- Injection procedure
- Cantopexy blepharoplasty
- Transconjunctival blepharoplasty – complications and consequences
- Ectropion of the century
- Numbness of the eyelids
- Inversion of the century
- Hanging eyelid or blepharotoptosis
- Different eyelids
- The rehabilitation period. How long does the eyelids heal
- Grinding Eyelids
- Eyelid massage
- How to smear eyelids
- Useful videos on the topic:
What is blepharoplasty, how does it go
Correction of the eyelids in this way can be done at any age. Young women change the shape of their eyes or remove the overhanging eyelid, and women in their age improve their appearance thanks to a facelift.
Due to the great danger of operating near the organs of vision, the operation is complex, requires careful preparation.
First, the patient must make sure that there are no contraindications . A special group of patients includes people with congenital pathologies and those who have suffered serious facial injuries.
Before the operating procedure, the patient must undergo such tests:
- general analysis of blood, urine;
- blood test for hepatitis, HIV, syphilis;
- blood test for biochemistry;
- electrocardiogram of the heart;
After passing the tests, passing the examinations, the preparatory period begins, which has the following prohibitions:
- It is forbidden to eat and drink 8 hours before surgery;
- it is forbidden to smoke and take medications that affect the blood coagulation of the patient 2 days before surgery;
- surgery is not performed during critical days in women.
The cost of blepharoplasty of the eyelids directly depends on the qualification of the surgeon, clinic, methods that will be used during the operation.
The price is also significantly affected by the quantity and quality of anesthesia , the number of days that will need to be spent in stationary conditions of the clinic.
The average cost of blepharoplasty eyelids:
- operation on the upper eyelids from $ 612;
- on the lower eyelids from $ 748;
- laser operation from $ 843;
- circular operation from $ 1156;
- Oriental eyelids from $ 884.
Reviews of women who performed the procedure are mostly positive. All patients are satisfied with their appearance, the shape of the eyes after a period of rehabilitation. They look rejuvenated, fresh and with beautiful eyes.
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty
The operation is carried out mainly under local anesthesia, along with this, no pain or discomfort is felt. If the amount of work is large (correction of the movable and fixed eyelids, eyebrow lift), then general anesthesia is used. The patient is in a reclining position.
During the procedure, you can change the aesthetic appearance of the eyes, remove birth defects, tighten the skin and muscles.
Indications for the operation:
- decreased tone of the upper eyelids;
- excess adipose tissue under the skin of the eyelids;
- loose skin;
- strongly lowered corners of the eyes;
- ptosis of the eyelids.
The procedure lasts from 40 minutes to 2 hours , depending on the complexity and number of defects that need to be removed.
Read the popular article in the rubric:
Cantoplasty – correction, eyelid lifting – rejuvenation of the eye.
After the operation, someone from the patient’s close people should be present to help, accompany, purchase the necessary medicines.
Lower eyelid blepharoplasty
Such an operation allows you to remove the bags under the eyes , copes with age-related changes, individual characteristics of genetic defects.
After blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids, the patient looks younger, the face becomes more attractive. In many cases, reoperation may be needed only after 5-7 years.
Indications for the operation on the lower eyelids:
- the presence of bags, dark circles under the eyes;
- severe swelling of the lower eyelids;
- congenital or acquired asymmetry of the eyelids;
- lowered corners of the eyes;
- large deposits of subcutaneous fat, the presence of fatty hernias;
- deep wrinkles, folds;
- sagging lower eyelid.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Cannula – what it is, as it is used in cosmetology and medicine.
Plastic of Asian eyelids
Plastic surgery of this type is aimed at changing the Asian form of the eyelids to the form inherent in European people.
The basic principles that are characteristic of Asian eyes:
- weak severity or complete absence of a double fold on the upper eyelid;
- pronounced fat fold on the eyelids of the eye;
- the presence of epicanthus – folds, which is located in the inner corner of the eye and continues the upper eyelid. She closes the lacrimal duct.
The specialist is faced with the task of forming a double fold, removing the epicanthus and, if necessary, removing circular ocular muscle. Having done all these points, it will be possible to achieve a Caucasian shape of the eye.
Read the popular article of the rubric:
RF-lifting, thread for the face, non-surgical lift.
Seamless, without incisions blepharoplasty eyelids
In some cases, surgery is not always necessary to change the shape of the eyes. Sometimes optimal solutions are non-surgical blepharoplasty. The following types are referred to non-surgical methods of eyelid plasty.
In the process of the laser method of correction of the shape of the eyelids, the laser acts on the skin with the help of heat. The laser beam penetrate the skin at different depths , changing it as needed
There are 2 methods of laser blepharoplasty of the eyelids, which differ in the type of radiation and the depth of penetration (carbon dioxide laser and erbium).
These are the so-called “injections of youth.” The specialist carries out injections around the eyes, which contain vitamins, hyaluronic acid, amino acids, phytoestrogens and other components.
They with age cease to be produced in the required quantity. With their help, you can smooth wrinkles, improve the shape of the eyelids, eliminate puffiness and excessive volume of the eyelids.
Surgical operation of eyelid blepharoplasty with cantopexy is to raise the outer corners of the eyes. Muscles and tendons, which weaken during aging, arbitrarily miss the edges of the eye, are no longer able to hold them well and reliably.
During this operation, the surgeon removes some of the cantus, which is excessively stretched.
The ideal shape of the eyes is considered almond-shaped. This is when its inner edge is below the level of the outer edge. This is the main task of cantopexy.
Indications for cantopexy:
- external corners are much lower than internal ones, due to trauma, age or other reason;
- in this way, fat bags under the patient’s eyes can be removed;
- correction of the shape of the eye due to aesthetic reasons;
- skin condition after burns or other injuries;
- poorly performed plastic surgery in the past;
- so you can significantly raise the lower eyelid, which sagged much;
- weakening of the cantus after an injury;
- with bulging eyes, if a person suffers from myopia;
- in order to correct the asymmetry of the face;
- eversion of the mucous membrane of the eye to the outside. It is possible to restore the normal appearance of the face and remove the weakened muscles that have lost their functionality.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Vera Alentova after plastic surgery – the last photos, what operations were carried out, how the star changed.
Transconjunctival blepharoplasty – complications and consequences
The operation to change the shape of the eyes may not be entirely successful.
The main features are:
- the patient’s face has changed almost beyond recognition;
- the incision and shape of the eyes almost completely changes;
- the look is given a sad look.
These signs are very difficult to change, and sometimes completely impossible.
Signs that the patient feels on himself after an unsuccessful operation:
- short upper eyelids, because of this it is impossible to completely close the eyes;
- scars appear that are located high on the upper, and low on the lower eyelid;
- too dry or wet eyes, constant tearing;
- short lower eyelid;
- scars on the inner corner of the upper row;
- the eye becomes too round;
- hernias appear on both eyelids;
- an eversion of the century appears.
Errors arise due to the inexperience of the surgeon, his poor qualifications. After the operation, a long rehabilitation period is necessary. And if mistakes were made during the operation, or the patient did not adhere to the recommendations of the rehabilitation period, complications and negative effects are possible.
These formations are tight to the touch. They pass if you take a course of physiotherapy in time. It is important that the seals do not have time to harden.
Ectropion of the century
This is a kind of delay of the lower eyelid, due to which the mucous membrane is noticeable. It is treated with a second operation.
This is normal after blepharoplasty. Over time, they pass themselves.
With the right operation, this side effect should not appear.
Numbness of the eyelids
Sensitivity of a century is broken, nerve endings are damaged. This may go away on its own after some time, and perhaps additional treatment will be needed.
Inversion of the century
Incorrect, too large or wide incisions during surgery lead to this consequence.
Hanging eyelid or blepharotoptosis
Most often happens in elderly patients, sometimes the situation can be corrected with massage. In some cases, another surgeon intervention is necessary.
Asymmetry. Incorrectly stitched seams, the formation of keloid scars lead to a different shape of the eyelids.
Surgeon inexperience, poor stitches can leave scars.
The rehabilitation period. How long does the eyelids heal
The patient who underwent surgery must be kept in a hospital for several days. The doctor needs to monitor his condition. Since only the upper integument of the skin is cut, no special rehabilitation measures are performed. But, nevertheless, some rules must be observed.
In the first 2-3 days, according to the advice and recommendations of the doctor, the patient should apply cold to the eyes.
So you can remove bruises much faster and get rid of edema.
Recommendations during the rehabilitation period:
- the patient should sleep on a high pillow, reclining;
- Do not tilt your head down;
- Do not wear lenses for 14 days;
- you can wash your hair after 2-3 days after the operation, while the seams should be protected from water as much as possible;
- you can not take a bath;
- you can’t read, work at the computer, you need to refuse to watch TV;
- observe the principles of proper nutrition, exclude salty foods;
- already on the second day, you should do special exercises that the surgeon will advise.
Rehabilitation is a difficult period of skin restoration in the delicate area of the eyes. In the first 2-3 days after surgery, do not remove the patch, which prevents infection from entering the wound, it also helps to heal wounds. This sterile patch is needed to disinfect wounds.
During this period, the sutures heal, swelling and bruising are removed. The patient should stop smoking, taking alcohol in any dose .
Strictly forbidden makeup.
Bruises pass within 7-10 days, the entire rehabilitation period, on average, is 30-40 days.
Each patient has a different rehabilitation and recovery process.
This is due to the following factors:
- skin type of the patient;
- skin condition for the period of operation;
- physiological features of the structure of tissues around the eye.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How and why the ribs are removed – efficiency, photo before and after the operation.
The skin around the eyes is very thin, much thinner than in all other parts of the human body. Grinding the eyelids is done with a laser. The effect on the skin is carried out using a light beam.
The effect on the skin is divided into two types, and it depends on which laser was used:
- ablative is a rather tough method of grinding eyelids. Specialists apply it on dense skin, its rays penetrate deeply, have a quick and effect;
- not ablative . This is a gentle method of grinding the eyelids. It is used on thin and dry skin, which is characterized by increased sensitivity.
The laser, which penetrates deep into the skin, gives some stimulation to dead skin tissues, and they begin to regenerate, produce collagen and other elements that are necessary to restore skin elasticity, color, and youth.
The procedure requires careful preparation, collection of tests and examination of the patient.
Grinding the eyelids is carried out on an outpatient basis and after a few hours the patient goes home. Of course, local anesthesia is used to relieve pain.
A big plus of the procedure is that the skin is not cut, it remains intact. The downside is that not all laser resurfacing helps.
Lymphatic drainage massage is one of the best ways to get rid of bruises, bruises, and swelling after such a procedure. Massage improves blood circulation on damaged tissues , which activates cell regeneration and accelerates the healing process.
If the operation was successful and the patient feels normal, then a massage course is prescribed on the second day. Typically, such services are provided by the clinic, in which plastic surgery was performed.
There are also individual masseurs who make such a massage, but here you need to carefully choose a specialist.
Massages are also indicated for those who have a lowered eyelid after blepharoplasty.
Lymphatic drainage massage is effectively and widely used in the recovery period after blepharoplasty, but you must not go wrong with the choice of a specialist.
How to smear eyelids
After blepharoplasty, eyelid and suture skin care is necessary. In the first days of the rehabilitation period, this should be done by medical workers, and in the future, the patient needs to cope with this on his own.
After removing the bandage, the incisions should be smeared with a therapeutic ointment with an antibiotic . It will help relieve pain, speed healing. The most popular and effective drugs are Levomekol and Erythromycin. Most often, experts recommend them.
For the quickest elimination of hematomas, you can use Bruise-OFF ointment.
In case of severe pain, according to individual indications, the doctor may additionally prescribe analgesics.
The final result will be noticeable in a few weeks, when the swelling subsides and the recovery period ends.
Blepharoplasty of the eyelids allows you to change the shape of the eyes, remove the sagging eyelid and raise the corners, get rid of bags, excessive swelling, solve the problem of asymmetry and birth defects.
The operation solves aesthetic and pathological problems . However, much depends on the qualifications and experience of a specialist, therefore, deciding on an operation, you must carefully choose a doctor and clinic to protect yourself from possible negative consequences.
After a successful procedure, the skin will become elastic and will look younger, the face will become attractive.
Useful videos on the topic:
How is blepharoplasty of the eyelids performed Watch the video clip:
The results of the operation on the eyelids: before and after photos, see the video: