Numerous reviews of women made before and after the course of the use of the treatment product for hair Minoxidil, photos posted in the public domain, clearly demonstrate the effectiveness of the use of the drug. According to many, the medicine strengthens the hair, prevents hair loss and improves color.
- Description of the drug
- The composition of the funds
- Indications for use
- Possible side effects
- Mechanism of action
- Minoxidil concentration (2%, 5%, 15%)
- Release forms (foam, spray, gel mask, lotion, shampoo, tablets)
- Minoxidil-based preparations (Cosilon, Alopexy, Regein)
- Instructions for use
- Cost and terms of leave from the pharmacy
- Analogs (Stemoxidin, Aminexil, Prokapil)
- Minoxidil efficacy after chemotherapy
- With gray hair
- Is it possible to use minoxidil simultaneously with nicotinic acid
- Minoxidil during pregnancy: is it possible
- Is it addictive
- How to recognize a fake
- What do doctors think
- Minoxidil Video
Description of the drug
Minoxidil refers to the therapeutic and prophylactic drugs of a new generation of a wide spectrum of action. Initially, the drug was developed for the treatment of hypertension.
Its vasodilating effect has allowed scientists to find other areas of therapeutic use of this substance, one of which is its androgenic property. It is thanks to this property that minoxidil and preparations made on its basis have gained such fame and are widely used.
The composition of the funds
The active substance of the drug is minoxidine. It has a light gray crystalline structure. On its basis, drugs for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia are produced: in the form of lotions, ointments, sprays, oils.
In the manufacture of products with minoxidine, only environmentally friendly and proven components are used:
- active crystalline substance minoxidine;
- pure distilled water;
- medical ethanol;
- propylene glycol.
Propylene glycol is a viscous, liquid-like substance with a sweetish taste and a slight specific odor. It is a good solvent and has pronounced hygroscopic properties. Due to this, minoxidine easily penetrates into skin cells and hair follicles.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Indications for use
Minoxidine is widely used both in medicine and in the cosmetics industry. This component is included in drugs for the treatment of hypertension, diseases of the stomach and other internal organs.
But minoxidine gained particular fame in connection with its use in the treatment and prevention of hair loss. This drug is used both for the treatment and prevention of androgenetic alopecia of the head, and for the activation of beard growth.
Minoxidine is prescribed for the treatment of hair loss in both men and women, numerous reviews and photos of patients before and after taking the drug make up a picture of the positive dynamics in eliminating the problems of excessive hair loss.
Minoxidine is prescribed to people over 18 years old, the main indications for use:
- age-related hair loss;
- hair loss due to hormonal changes in the body;
- hair loss associated with insufficient intake of vitamins and minerals;
- weakening of hairline growth due to the environmental impact of the environment;
- damage to hair caused by exposure to perms, dyes and substandard shampoos and masks.
Minoxidine is not a hormone, does not contain harmful dyes, and is a drug that belongs to the group of low-allergenic products.
Trichologists do not recommend using it in the following cases:
- persons under the age of 18;
- with existing damage to the skin of the hair;
- in the presence of skin diseases;
- with individual intolerance to the drug;
- during pregnancy and lactation.
Possible side effects
Due to the absence of harmful components such as dyes, allergens, as well as antibiotics and hormonal components in minoxidine, the side effects caused are minimal.
With individual intolerance, improper use of the product, or with its overdose, redness of the skin under the skin, peeling or itching may be observed.
Overdose can lead to excessive development of hair on the front of the head and the side of the whiskers. To avoid such manifestations, experts recommend that you carefully read the attached instructions and follow the recommendations on the dosage of the drug, its methods of use.
Mechanism of action
The main feature of the drug is its ability to act directly on the blood vessels. Improved blood flow provides more oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles.
Minoxidil acts on cell membranes, activating their receptors, stimulating the natural process of beta-catenin production. Improved microcirculation and activation of potassium channels are the main factors influencing minoxidil on the body.
The cells of the scalp, as well as the hair follicles, due to the effect of the drug, receive a more complete saturation with oxygen and microelements, which in turn leads to a thickening of the hair shaft, strengthening of the follicles and faster hair growth.
Hair begins to fall out less, grow faster, and become stronger and thicker. Improved blood circulation also stimulates the growth of dormant hair follicles and promotes their awakening and growth.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Minoxidil concentration (2%, 5%, 15%)
Minoxidil is available in various concentrations:
- from 1% in gels and shampoos aimed at preventing and preventing loss of weakened hair;
- up to 15% concentration in medicinal products.
The higher the concentration of the drug, the more pronounced its androgenic properties.
- 5% mino
xidil by trichologists is most often prescribed in the active stage of allopecia, as well as in the presence of a progressive hereditary tendency.
- Minoxidil 15%, having a high degree of concentration of the substance, enhanced with azelaic acid, is prescribed for advanced forms of baldness.
- To prevent the appearance of excessive hair vegetation on the front of the head in patients, a 2% minoxidil solution is most often prescribed.
Reviews of women, as well as photos before and after applying 2% Minoxidil for hair, show that growth improvement occurred in more than 80% of subjects. The rest of the participants in the test group, the specialists prescribed the use of the drug with a higher concentration of minoxidil and recommended a longer course of therapy.
Release forms (foam, spray, gel mask, lotion, shampoo, tablets)
The wide spectrum of action of minoxidil led to the release of products in different types and forms.
Minoxidil is available in the form of:
- tablets – a vasodilating effect allows it to be used to treat patients with arterial hypertension;
- gel masks and creams – from a concentration of 1%, this product is intended to increase the growth of beard and mustache;
- shampoos with 1-2% minoxidil in their composition are prescribed for preventive purposes and are used to strengthen weakened damaged hair, including after exposure to perm;
- lotions of various concentrations are intended for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia.
Minoxidil-based preparations (Cosilon, Alopexy, Regein)
Other preparations similar to Minoxidil, both in composition and in androgenic properties, are produced on the basis of the active substance.
- Cosilon is a yellow solution with identical composition and properties, is available in bottles with a capacity of 2,03 fluid ounce, 2% concentration for women and 5% for men;
- Alopexy – is sold in 3,38 fluid ounce bottles, complete with 1 and 3 bottles in a package, differs from its counterparts in that it is not recommended for use by patients who have a history of heart disease;
- Regein is another drug based on minoxidil, with the same composition and identical properties, available in 2% and 5% concentrations.
Instructions for use
Minoxidil is applied to a dry, clean surface of the head 2 times a day. For the convenience of using this tool, a pipette or sprayer is included in the package. The product is evenly distributed over the entire surface, starting from places especially damaged by alopecia.
After applying the product, it is recommended not to rinse it off for 3-4 hours. Treatment should begin with funds with the lowest concentration of 2%. If necessary, the concentration of the drug should be increased.
The drug is designed for long-term treatment, it must be used for at least 4 months. After achieving the desired result, even with complete restoration of the hairline, in order to avoid relapse, experts recommend from time to time to repeat the course of application.
Given the numerous reviews and photos before and after using the product on forums and websites on the Internet, it can be concluded that the drug has helped many women and men in the treatment of alopecia.
According to some trichologists, it is highly effective in treating baldness in women.
The active components of the drug prevents excessive hair loss, makes the hair shaft more thickened, elastic, gives hair strength and volume.
In laboratory tests, experts found that the drug begins to act from the first weeks of use. The most significant results, in the group of test subjects, were established in the third month of treatment. At this stage of the research, notable improvements were identified in more than 80% of patients.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Cost and terms of leave from the pharmacy
Minoxidil for hair is not classified by pharmacists as a drug. It belongs to the category of medical cosmetics, so not all pharmacies can find an assortment of these products. Some pharmacies work directly with manufacturers, being its official dealers. It is in such pharmacies that you can meet and buy this drug.
Minoxidil can also be found and purchased on specialized official websites of the distributor, the cost of the drug depends on its configuration:
- minoxidil 5% concentratio
n, calculated for a month of use, can be purchased from 750 time;
- minoxidil 5%, designed for a 6-month course of treatment, can be purchased from $ 41.;
- minoxidil 5%, in a package with an annual course of treatment, can be purchased from 7500 time.;
- minoxidil 15%, with the addition of azeloic acid, you can purchase a monthly course of 2900 time.;
- minoxidil 15% – a course designed for 3 months, can be purchased from 8500 time.
Analogs (Stemoxidin, Aminexil, Prokapil)
Minoxidil is one of the most popular drugs aimed at eliminating allopecia, given its effectiveness, ease of use, this therapeutic drug has many analogues.
Some of the most famous are:
- Stemoxidin – has an identical chemical component, according to laboratory tests, stemoxidin has the same treatment time for hair and is based on the same technology, but unlike Minoxidil, has a higher cost;
- Aminexil – also made on the basis of the active substance minoxidil, but differs from its derivative by a less pronounced androgenic property and a higher price, but has a less irritating property, recommended for use by patients who are more sensitive to minoxidil;
- Prokapil – the patent for this product belongs to an Italian cosmetic company, made on the basis of minoxidil, has a less oily consistency and a higher price.
Minoxidil efficacy after chemotherapy
To establish the effectiveness of minoxidil for hair restoration after chemotherapy, specialists take into account real reviews in the group of tested women, their photos before and after the use of this tool.
The results of the study show that minoxidil is really effective, even after such a heavy chemical effect on the body as chemotherapy.
True, in this case, trichologists recommend starting treatment with a drug that has the lowest concentration. With well-tolerated treatment, without side effects, the concentration of the drug can be increased.
With gray hair
Neither age, gender, nor hair color affects the effectiveness of treatment. Patients taking treatment with this product in the presence of gray hair, note that the hair becomes less brittle and thicker, activation of growth is noted after several weeks of use.
In addition, increased microcirculation of the skin and hair cells quite often lead to partial restoration of hair color. Especially this phenomenon is observed at the initial stage of androgenetic alopecia.
Is it possible to use minoxidil simultaneously with nicotinic acid
The intake of nicotinic acid, which is responsible for the regulation of metabolism in the body, not only successfully complements the course of treatment, but also can enhance the effect and help achieve the best results.
Reviews of women taking nicotinic acid simultaneously with the course of treatment for minoxidil for hair, their photos before and after using the drug, allow us to note that this combination speeds up the treatment time and better saves the result.
Minoxidil during pregnancy: is it possible
Before starting any treatment, you should definitely consult with a specialist. Gynecologists do not advise to expose your body and future baby with various chemicals during pregnancy.
Nursing and expectant mothers should refrain from treatment with this drug due to insufficient data on the effect of minoxidil on the intrauterine development of the baby, as well as on its effect on the baby during lactation.
Is it addictive
Data from numerous studies say that even with prolonged use, the effectiveness of treatment does not decrease. The chemical substance on which this drug is made has the ability to be excreted from the body within a few hours after application.
The drug is completely removed from the body within a week, after use. Minoxidil is not addictive and can be used to treat hair for a long time.
How to recognize a fake
In order not to suffer from fraud, you should purchase a product from official representatives who can provide a quality certificate, give detailed advice and answer questions of interest on product quality.
An additional factor in the authenticity of the product is quality packaging with a mandatory indication of the manufacturer and the expiration date. You should also pay attention to the cost and try not to purchase goods that are very underestimated in price , since a high-quality and proven drug, unlike a fake, cannot cost unreasonably low.
Reviews on Minoxidil for hair, as well as photos of women before and after the start of its intake, can also be found on specialized forums for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. To confidently opt for this medicine, you should read the reviews on the use of the drug.
What do doctors think
Uvarov Andrey Vladimirovich, trichologist of the highest category:
“I actively recommend Minoxidil to my patients. At first, on the recommendation of a colleague, I tested it on myself. After making sure that it really helps to maintain hair, strengthens it and activates the growth of new ones, he began to appoint it to patients. And using their example, I’m again convinced that the medicine fully complies with the stated results of use. ”
Anna Igorevna Kravtsova, radiologist:
“I began to lose hair on a professional basis. In a scientific medical journal I read about a new study in the field of trichology, the results were intriguing. I decided to try it for myself. I’ve been using it for 6 months already, the result is pleasing, but treatment should be continued until complete recovery.
The result of using Minoxidil for hair in a month:
The real story before and after taking Minoxidil: