Blanching in cosmetology is the introduction of Belotero under the skin by injection. It allows you to artificially smooth out wrinkles, filling them with a special composition.
It is applied to different skin areas: neck, forehead, decollete and nasolabial folds, skin around the eyes. In this case, the filling of wrinkles occurs gently and naturally. However, the skin at the injection site is slightly lighter. The main active ingredient that is part of Belotero or also called filler is hyaluronic acid.
There are 2 ways to introduce filler:
- Subcutaneous It is used to fill the space between tissue cells, thereby smoothing wrinkles, creating volume in the areas of creases, tightening the skin and smoothing the contour of the face.
- Intradermal (intermedial). Allows you to fill and smooth only shallow wrinkles located in the upper layers of the skin. This method is not able to fill the extracellular space filler. In this case, the drug is introduced into the cell structures themselves.
The latter method of administration is more effective, because it allows you to deliver the active substance as close to the destination, therefore, the result from the procedure appears faster.
The cost of blanching may vary depending on the of residence and the level of the clinic that conducts the procedure. However, on average, the cost of one procedure is about $ 177. In this case, such procedures may need from 3 to 5 with a frequency of 10-20 days. Thus, the cost of introducing fillers ranges from $ 530 – $ 884.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other medical procedure, blanching has its advantages and disadvantages.
Among the undoubted advantages include:
- a well-developed filler structure allows it to be embedded in the upper skin layers without contouring;
- no risk of the Tyndall effect or skin tinting;
- the possibility of using the drug even on very thin and delicate skin (for example, the neck, decollete or eyelids) is ensured by the ability of the filler to evenly distribute;
- safety and lack of side effects with the correct use of filler;
- good filler tolerance in patients;
- Belotero well “adapts” and does not cause rejection by the body;
- lasting effect after a course of procedures (up to 1 year);
- noticeable improvement in skin condition.
Despite all the positive results of blanching, the procedure has several negative points:
- First of all, the drug must be of high quality and genuine, otherwise the body’s reaction to the introduction of such a filler is completely unpredictable and can cause serious complications.
- Also, the cosmetologist who injects must have the appropriate experience and skills.
If these two conditions are not observed, side effects may appear, such as:
- visual impairment, up to complete blindness;
- blue skin;
- the appearance of bumps at the injection site of the filler;
- depressive state;
- hair loss (in men).
If the procedure was carried out by a qualified master with quality drugs, complications will not appear. Therefore, before blanching, you must responsibly approach the choice of a cosmetologist and get acquainted with the reviews.
Blanching in cosmetology is used in case of any age-related changes that are considered necessary to get rid of. Fillers nourish the skin without adding volume. They are especially convenient to use when wrinkles appear around the lips, because in this area it is quite difficult to get rid of them.
Most often blanching is used to eliminate the following types of wrinkles:
- puppets or wrinkles of sorrow going down from the corners of the mouth;
- small vertical folds in the lips or purse-string wrinkles;
- crow’s feet around the eyes;
- creases in the nasolabial folds (shallow);
- creases between the eyebrows or glabella;
- folds on the forehead, located horizontally.
Such a procedure is able to solve not only small age-related problems, but also correct deep wrinkles and even scars. Also, with the introduction of fillers, you can tighten the contour of the face or increase the size of the lips.
Blanching is indicated in the following cases:
- there is a need to restore elasticity and firmness to the skin of the face;
- you need to increase the level of skin moisture;
- it is necessary to activate the generation of new collagen fibers and elastins;
- stimulation of regenerative processes in the skin layers is needed;
- there is a need to accelerate the healing process of the skin;
- it is necessary to improve metabolism.
The introduction of the drug will allow you to start anti-aging processes. Such as microfibrosis and the synthesis of new elastin fibers.
Blanching, despite all the advantages and the absence of side effects with the right approach to execution and quality materials, has a number of contraindications.
- any stage of diabetes;
- poor blood coagulability;
- autoimmune diseases;
- pathology in the work of the endocrine system;
- mechanical damage and inflammation on the skin;
- disturbances in the functioning of the immune system, resulting in poor immunity;
- a colloid scar or keloid, those are the proliferation of cells of the upper layer of the skin.
Also, any cosmetic surgery and many procedures, including blanching, are categorically contraindicated in a woman during the period of bearing and feeding a child.
In addition, the introduction of fillers will have to be postponed until women lose weight, than weight exceeds 243 pounds.
The procedure can only be carried out with the complete elimination of all contraindications. In the event that it is impossible to get rid of it, it is better to refuse it so as not to aggravate the situation.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
What examinations you need to pass
Blanching in cosmetology has its contraindications, therefore, before the procedure, you must make sure that they are absent. This should be done even if there is confidence in the absence of such pathologies. Otherwise, the consequences can be unpleasant.
First of all, you should m
ake sure that you are not pregnant. To do this, you need to take an analysis for hCG – a hormone that is produced only by a fertilized egg.
The analysis is carried out by examining venous blood. It is better to take it in the morning on an empty stomach, while the last meal should be no later than 8-12 hours. Research cost – from $ 3,4. You can also buy pregnancy test strips in any pharmacy; their price ranges from $ 0,68 – $ 6,8.
You also need to make sure that there is no diabetes and other pathologies of the endocrine system. To do this, it is worth visiting an endocrinologist and undergo a full examination.
In this case, he is likely to prescribe the following tests:
- glucose tolerance test (price from $ 2,72);
- general blood test (from $ 2,04);
- biochemical blood test (from $ 2,04);
- test for C-peptide (from $ 4,08).
Some tests can be taken free of charge at the district clinic. In addition, before the procedure, you can drink a complex of vitamins in order to increase immunity and improve the immune system.
To find out the level of blood coagulability, it is necessary to donate blood to a coagulogram, which reflects a number of important indicators. Blood is taken in the morning on an empty stomach. The cost of analysis is from $ 4 – $ 7.
Blanching is a rather serious procedure and it is worthwhile to take full responsibility for preparing for it. Especially if it is carried out for the first time. When you turn to a cosmetologist again, you can not undergo a full examination, but only take tests for those indicators that could change. For example, blood sugar.
Blanching is an injection method for getting rid of wrinkles, so it requires careful preparation before surgery.
Proper preparation will improve the overall condition of the skin: reduce pores, smooth, smooth pigment on the skin and relieve irritation. In addition, preliminary measures will not only reduce the likelihood of side effects, but also increase the effect of the introduction of fillers.
For preparation, it is necessary to carry out 3 main stages:
- collection of information, patient history;
- developing proper skin care;
- additional events.
At the stage of collecting information, the cosmetologist must find out if the client has an allergy to the constituent components of the drug and recommend that the doctor undergo an examination to identify contraindications to the procedure. At the same time, a complete plan for blanching with the number and frequency of procedures is drawn up. It can be adjusted in the process.
At the stage of developing effective skin care before the procedure, a specialist should choose creams and other products, the time and frequency of their application.
As additional activities, usually prescribed:
- Sanding the skin . Sanding removes dead skin layers, moisturizes and accelerates the process of tissue renewal. It is also able to reduce pigmentation.
- Chemical peeling of the skin surface. This procedure is one of the options for grinding, so it has a similar effect on the skin of the face.
- Microdermabrasion . It normalizes and enhances blood flow, nourishes the skin and activates metabolic processes, which leads to improved recovery of cells and tissues. The procedure is carried out using a special device with different nozzles, which allows you to remove dead skin particles.
- Laser treatments . Different laser treatments are used depending on the condition of the skin and the age of the patient.
The essence of the grinding procedure is that a certain composition is applied to the skin, what it will be, the cosmetologist decides, after a certain time it is washed off. Then a neutralizing agent is used to soothe the skin.
Also, patients should not drink alcohol, smoke or apply makeup over the past 24 hours. If possible, it is less likely to be exposed to direct sunlight.
Procedure step by step
Blanching in cosmetology is most often used from 1 to 5 sessions, depending on the degree of violation of the elasticity of the skin. Their frequency is from 4 to 8 weeks. The most persistent effect is observed after the last session.
The procedure consists of 4 main steps:
- preliminary examination of the patient by a cosmetologist;
- determination of drug injection points;
- cleaning injection sites and a small area around with alcohol;
- multi-point filler introduction
The duration of the entire blanching session with an experienced specialist is no more than 30 minutes. After the entire procedure, a protective cream can be applied to the skin. It can not only relieve traumatic shock, but also protect the skin from external influences, immediately after the session it is very sensitive.
When the filler is injected into the most sensitive parts of the face (for example, around the eyes or lips), the patient may feel slight tingling or other pain. This can be avoided by preliminary preparation: a special cream with anesthetic effect can be applied to such areas. This must be agreed in advance.
After blanching, slight swelling may persist, which will pass after about 24 hours. However, in rare cases, it is possible to maintain this effect for up to 48 hours. In addition, after the introduction of the filler at the site of exposure, the skin may lighten slightly. She will return to her natural shade as soon as the active substance is distributed within the tissue.
A special skin treatment after blanching is necessary even if it does not cause side effects. On the first day, slight swelling and changes in skin tone are considered the norm.
On the first day after the session, it is recommended:
- Do not touch the skin with your hands (even for washing) and minimize the work of the facial muscles;
- every 2-3 hours to make lotions with cold water and a cotton swab on the exposure area (after skin treatment with chlorhexidine);
- treat the skin with an antiseptic 2 times a day for 3-4 days after the procedure.
Immediately after the procedure, you can take an anesthetic: ketones, ketorol, nise. To make the filler well distributed over the tissues, you can do easy self-massage. It is important to carry it out carefully along the massage lines and not earlier than a day after the procedure.
The first week after blanching, you need to eat only low-calorie foods, you can not drink alcohol, smoke and drink coffee and tea.
During this period, a mask will be useful for the skin, including the following ingredients:
|troxerutin gel (or troxevasin)||1 small spoons|
|Chlorhexidine||0,03 fluid ounce|
|Traumeel-s||1 small spoons|
|Aloe extract||half ampoule|
The ingredients must be mixed in a plastic or ceramic bowl and mixed well until a homogeneous mass is obtained. The resulting cream is applied to a dry face and fixed with a film. The duration of the procedure is 15 minutes.
You can remove the composition with a cotton pad dipped in Chlorhexidine. The mask can not be washed off, it does no harm. Such compresses are done for 7 days, they will help speed up the healing process and remove irritation on the skin. Also, vitamin C intake will have a good effect on recovery. It will strengthen and can restore blood vessels. Vitamin K will relieve swelling and reduce bruising.
How long will the result last
Blanching in cosmetology is carried out by courses that include from 1 to 5 procedures , the amount of which depends on the skin condition and age of the patient. The frequency between sessions is from 1 to 2 months. Thus, the blanching course can last from 1 to 10 months. Moreover, the more sessions were conducted, the longer the effect will remain.
However, on average, the result lasts about 24 months, after which a second intervention will be required . Such a lasting effect is possible due to the high concentration of hyaluronic acid in the fillers used.
The shelf life of the result may vary in different patients depending on the individual characteristics of the body.
Despite the popularity and widespread use of blanching, this procedure can be fraught with danger and have negative consequences.
They may appear for several reasons:
- low qualification of the cosmetologist who conducted the session;
- low-quality drug;
- ignoring contraindications;
- non-compliance with the rules of skin care after the procedure.
Complications after blanching can occur immediately or after some time. The long-term effect of the drug extends both to the effect after the procedure and to the risk of side effects.
As delayed side effects, a few months later may appear:
- stony edema;
- local redness in the affected areas;
- local increase in skin temperature.
The reason for such manifestations is still not exactly clarified. There are several suggestions, one of the main ones is the reaction of the immune system to the presence of a foreign substance in the body. Also, one of the reasons is the use of drugs of different brands and formulations during repeated sessions, the interaction of which gives such a result.
Primary moderate complications immediately after administration of the filler are also possible:
- allergy to the components of the drug;
- improper filler distribution;
- change in skin tone at the injection site;
- nodule formation;
- paint swelling.
Small complications in the absence of proper attention and care can cause more serious damage: tissue necrosis, impaired vascular system integrity and retinal occlusion.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Blanching in cosmetology is now very popular, both women and men use this service. The growth in demand for the introduction of fillers is facilitated by numerous positive reviews of those who used this service of cosmetology clinics.
Most often, with the help of blanching, patients eliminate problems that have arisen after the application of other methods of smoothing wrinkles , for example, Botox. This method allows you to naturally eliminate age-related problems in the most sensitive areas, where other methods do not work.
Blanching is only gaining popularity and not everyone knows about its existence, so they will learn about it when they seek a way out to rectify the situation.
Also, patients note that the effect of the introduction of the filler is very dependent on the qualifications of the cosmetologist and the quality of the drug , so it is important to choose a good salon where competent specialists work and check all product certificates.
It is better to read reviews and chat on the forums with those who have already undergone rejuvenation sessions, so that they advise a place where they will definitely do well. As the main advantage of the filler, patients note its affinity for hyaluronic acid, which is produced by the body. This provides a good “survival” of the introduced drug with minimal discomfort.
Such a procedure is necessary, because with age, the amount of natural hyaluronic acid in the body decreases and it needs to be replenished artificially, which is ensured by the introduction of a filler.
However, despite all the positive reviews, there are those who did not like blanching. Some patients noted that they felt for a long time, a foreign substance at the injection site. Also, in some people, the tumor and blueness in the affected area did not subside for a long time.
Before carrying out blanching, it is necessary to consult a specialist, undergo an examination and study the matter well. Because any cosmetic surgery has both obvious advantages and disadvantages.
Video on the subject: wrinkle correction – blanching technique
Wrinkle correction by blanching technique: