A beautiful manicure can be done at home, with the ability to choose the right tools for the procedure, as well as knowing the procedure for organizing the process. The rules of choice and instructions for conducting manicure, as well as its types, will be given special attention.
- What is needed
- How to choose a nail file
- How to choose the shape of the nail
- Cuticle removal: methods, means
- Removal Preparation
- Cuticle Removal Methods
- Cuticle Care
- Pencils from SHERE & NAGEL
- Nail files
- How to sterilize instruments at home
- The first option: with alcohol
- Second option: high temperature treatment
- Third option: boiling
- Nail trays in front of manicure
- What remedies from a pharmacy can come in handy
- Simple manicure at home: step by step instructions
- Tips & Tricks
- Types of manicure
- Trim manicure
- Hardware manicure
- European manicure
- Spanish manicure
- How to apply dark and bright tones
- How to apply nude shades
- Simple nail design at home
- French manicure for short nails
- Colored french manicure
- Simple drawings by yourself
- Rhinestones and sparkles
- Moon manicure
- Useful video materials on how to make a simple beautiful manicure at home
What is needed
To carry out the procedure, you need to purchase the following tools:
- base fluid – the solution protects the nail and contributes to a better fixation of gel polish on the surface of the plate;
- gel polish – it is recommended to use the drug with a natural shade;
- nail polish remover;
- gel fixer;
- nail file;
- liquid to remove excess gel polish;
- nail file for grinding the nail plate;
- cuticle knife or nippers;
- orange stick
- bath for nails;
- cotton pads;
- special scissors.
In the process of acquiring the listed tools, it is advisable to make the right decision when choosing individual items to create high-quality beautiful manicure at home.
How to choose a nail file
There are several options for nail files on the cosmetics market:
When choosing the right nail file, the following factors should be considered:
- sensitivity of nails;
- tool coating abrasiveness:
Useful information: abrasive coating on a nail file is measured in grit:
- for normal processing – from 240 to 280 grit;
- for grinding minor irregularities – from 280 to 320 grit;
- to give shine – 240 grit., professionals use nail files with a coating level from 900 to 1200 grit.
Experts recommend giving preference to well-known brands:
How to choose the shape of the nail
When choosing the right shape of the nail, the following factors should be considered.
Finger Length and Thickness:
- for thin and long – the oval version;
- for thick and long – oval or square version;
- for short and full – a square version with slightly rounded edges.
Nail length – it is desirable that the parameter does not exceed the height of the fingertips, as there is a risk of breaking and damage to the nail plate.
Cuticle removal: methods, means
Before removing the cuticle, you need to determine its appearance:
- active – fast-growing, dry, special care is desirable;
- weakly active – soft, optional for removal.
After determining the type, the process of preparing the tissue before working with it, presented in two stages, is necessary.
Stage 1. Softening
- Fill the bath with hot water and add the essential oil;
- dip your fingers for 20 minutes;
- remove excess water with a towel.
Stage 2. Moisturizing
- grease hands with cream;
- remove excess cream with a napkin.
After preparations, you need to choose a method for removing the cuticle.
Cuticle Removal Methods
The method is carried out using tweezers, manicure scissors.
During the procedure, you must:
- sanitize appliances;
- with a stick, push the cuticle to the nail plate and pull it out;
- cut the cuticle according to the scheme: from the sides to the middle;
- wipe the plate with hydrogen peroxide and grease with a cream.
Important! Cut the cuticle as close to the nail as possible and do this carefully so as not to harm the rest of the skin.
It is used using products including lactose or fructose, which allows to slow down the growth of horn tissue. It has no side effects. It is divided into 3 ways. The dry method is carried out without preparation.
The wet method involves softening the horn tissue:
- put your fingers in the bath for 5 minutes;
- smear the base of the nail. It is recommended to lubricate work surfaces on only 3 fingers to control the duration of the solution and avoid overexposure;
- strictly follow the instructions for the drug regarding the time of use;
- clean your finger from unnecessary substance;
- clean the nail plate from the cuticle using a special stick for manicure;
- remove the remaining cuticle with cotton;
- Spread oil on and around the work surface to slow down the growth of horn tissue. It is advisable to usd the oil until completely absorbed;
- treat nails with nail polish remover;
- paint your nails with your favorite varnish.
Chemicals are advised to use no more than 1-2 times a week to avoid the risk of damage to the nail plate.
Used to remove the active cuticle, combination is possible. It is considered “heavy artillery” in manicure.
It is used in case of using chemical and surgical methods in the process of cuticle removal.
It is considered an option that cares for horn tissue – an intermediate between removal procedures.
It is carried out in the following stages:
- pre-soften the work surface;
- lubricate the nail plate and the skin around it with emollients;
- move the cuticle to the base;
- grease nails with cream after treatment.
Means that help fight cuticles are divided into 4 types
The group includes famous brands:
CND – gel. The composition includes alkali. Volume – 5,99 fluid ounce.
- can be applied to all fingers of one hand;
- combined with pumice.
- washing hands after use is recommended.
Price – $ 12,1.
OPI – cream. Volume – 1,01 fluid ounce.
- does not contain alkali and other harmful substances;
- softens the cuticle.
- small volume;
- high price.
Cost – $ 10,47.
EL CORAZON – moisturizer. Contains glycerin and allantoin, passion fruit extract and almond oil. Volume – 0,54 fluid ounce.
- contains moisturizers and emollients;
- easily removes dead horn tissue;
- not found.
Cost – $ 2,45.
Pencils from SHERE & NAGEL
It contains natural oils.
- can be used with a nail file for grinding;
- the presence of a built-in file;
- There are sets with two applicators.
- high price.
The price varies from $ 34. up to $ 58.
Represented by brands:
- Mertz offers a regular cuticle file and a laser.
- low cost;
- the possibility of accurate use;
- polishing nails.
- not found.
Price – $ 2,04.
- Zinger offers a diamond file.
- accurate exposure;
- low cost.
- the use of nutritious oils is desirable.
Price – $ 2,72.
- BIO Rus
Nordic Flora line nail wax does not contain water, mineral oils and dyes. Volume – 12 g.
- does not dry;
- softens and nourishes nails and horn tissue;
- relatively low cost.
- not found.
Cost – $ 7,62.
The composition of the product includes silicone, paraffin, beeswax, ginseng extract, sea buckthorn, and bonfire oil. Volume – 0,2 fluid ounce.
- contains natural ingredients.
- low impact;
- changing the natural color of the nail
Cost – $ 1,9.
- Belweder. The product consists of jojoba wax, bee wax, natural squeezes and oils.
Volume – 0,2 fluid ounce.
- heals and strengthens the nail plate;
- accelerates growth.
- contains mineral oils;
- high price.
Cost – $ 2,58.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build up gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
How to sterilize instruments at home
There are 3 ways to disinfect tools for a beautiful manicure at home.
The first option: with alcohol
The first option is to wipe the instruments with cotton wool dampened with alcohol before the procedure. Can be used for non-metal appliances.
Second option: high temperature treatment
The second option is disinfection at high temperature.
For the procedure, you need:
- sheet for the oven;
- devices for manicure from metal;
- tack, towel.
After preparing for the process, you should:
- preheat the oven to 200 ° C;
- wash appliances in hot water using detergent;
- wipe the tools to dryness;
- put on a sheet with a small interval;
- put the pan in the oven for 15 minutes;
- remove the sheet and allow the instruments to cool;
- turn off the oven.
This option is only suitable for metal objects.
Using the method is enough 1-2 times a month.
Third option: boiling
- boil the instrument for 15 minutes;
- dry it well on a towel.
Only cool the equipment in the natural environment! Do not use cold water – it is harmful to the metal.
Nail trays in front of manicure
In order to prepare your nails well for a beautiful manicure at home, you must go through the procedure with a bath.
For this you need:
- capacity of medium depth;
- nail polish remover;
- substances for the benefit of nails;
- moisturizing cream.
Stages of the procedure:
- remove nail polish, if any;
- wash hands with
- fill the container with slightly hot or warm water;
- put in water components for the benefit of nails: salt or iodine to prevent delamination of nails; oil extracts to soften cuticles;
- dip your fingers in the liquid for 15 minutes or until it cools completely;
- remove excess water from your hands;
- grease hands with cream.
There are several options for baths:
- chamomile – pour 2 large tablespoons of chamomile with boiling water and let it brew. Dip your fingers in the solution for 10-15 minutes.
- calendula and olive oil – pour 2-3 tablespoons of calendula with hot water and add a few drops of oil. Keep fingers in solution for up to 15 minutes;
- salt – 1 teaspoon pour hot water and use the solution 1 time per week to strengthen the nail plate.
- oregano and ammonia – steam 1 tablespoon. teaspoon of grass in 2 cups boiling water and add a few drops of alcohol. Keep your fingers in the solution for 10 minutes.
What remedies from a pharmacy can come in handy
In the process of creating a beautiful manicure at home, you may need:
- hydrogen peroxide – for disinfecting the skin and stopping blood in case of wounds;
- cotton pads;
- glue BF-6 – for healing of small wounds;
- chlorhexidine or 70% extract from hawthorn – for hand sanitization.
Simple manicure at home: step by step instructions
The procedure for a beautiful manicure at home consists of several stages:
- make a complete cleansing of the nail plate from the old varnish using a special liquid (if present);
- choose the shape of the nail and make it, if necessary, remove irregularities;
- lower the nails in warm water with the addition of oils for steaming the skin and soften the cuticle, keep in solution for 10 minutes;
- dry your hands with a towel or napkin;
- remove horn tissue and, if available, cut off burrs;
- degrease nail polish remover;
- apply a base colorless varnish and let it dry;
- apply colored varnish in 2 layers. Varnish is applied to the nail plate according to the scheme: middle – sides;
- apply a transparent fixative.
Tips & Tricks
- When choosing a varnish, it is recommended to take into account the thickness and length of the finger, skin color, and also the shape of the nail.
- It is possible to file nails only in a dry state.
- Polish your nails sparingly. On a smooth surface, the varnish will not lie well.
- In the absence of a special tool for softening the horn tissue, you can use a greasy cream. Keep the substance for 20-30 seconds.
- Do not cut the cuticle often, as the procedure will be complicated every time.
- To make the cuticle soft and thin, it is recommended that it is only pushed back, but not cut.
- To dry the varnish quickly, dip your nails in cold water for 30 seconds.
- As a base, you can use white or colorless varnish.
- To quickly remove the varnish, before applying it, lubricate the nails with glue.
Types of manicure
Provides the following actions:
- Make all nails the same length;
- steam the work surface using the bath;
- move the cuticle with an orange stick;
- cut off horn tissue and burrs;
- grease the nail plastic with oil.
The procedure consists of the following actions:
- wash hands with soap;
- steam out with a bath;
- push the cuticle with a wooden stick;
- remove the cuticle with a medium abrasive drum; if necessary, a nozzle with a more rigid coating can be used;
- to remove dead cells from the skin of palms and fingers with a ball with low abrasiveness;
- With the help of milling cutters in the shape of a cylinder, make the desired shape of the nail plate. Important! When cutting the nail, you need to leave at least 3/32 inch over the fingertips;
- To polish a nail. When polishing the plate, it is recommended to move the tool quickly and lightly touch the work surface so as not to damage it;
- To clear a nail of unnecessary “garbage”, to grease with oil.
It has several subspecies:
- Wet or hot – used to treat weak nails. It provides for softening the cuticle with an oil bath and removing it with a stick.
- Dry – a quick option, providing for the cleansing of nails and their lubrication with a fixing varnish, the use of gels to soften the cuticle.
- Spa-manicure – is carried out using oils and creams, as well as gloves, in which hands are 10-15 minutes. After the nails are treated in turn.
- Combined – used to remove a rough cuticle. Combines several options for the procedure, may be similar to a trimmed manicure.
- Hardware – dry manicure using a polishing machine equipped with special nozzles.
The procedure is carried out in several stages:
- nails are cleaned of dust and old varnish using means without acetone;
- the working surface is oiled;
- the cuticle is processed using means to soften it: a rough version – processed to the nails; mild option – after;
- horn tissue moves to the base and is cut off clockwise using a sharp stick;
- the shape of the nails is leveled.
Important! You need to cut in different directions so that there are no sharp corners.
- hands lubricated with oil to remove particles of skin and nail;
- the entire working surface is lubricated with cream for nutrition.
Stages of the procedure:
- the nail is treated and prepared for painting;
- varnish base is applied to the working surface and allowed to dry;
- apply varnish of light shades and allow to dry;
- the third layer is a varnish of bright color: applied as desired
- the fourth layer is a fixative.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
How to apply dark and bright tones
- Apply varnish base;
- Put the tip of the brush in the middle of the nail;
- Draw a brush to the cuticle;
- Without tearing off the brush, hold it to the end of the nail plate;
- Carry out the same actions from the sides of the nail;
- It is good to squeeze the brush from the varnish and draw it along the edge of the nail.
How to apply nude shades
- Put the tip of the brush in the middle of the nail. The plate should only touch varnish.
- Draw a brush to the cuticle.
- Without tearing the tool to hold it from the beginning of the plate to its end.
- Do the same with the sides.
- The device from varnish and hold it along the edge of the work surface.
Simple nail design at home
French manicure for short nails
- colorless varnish;
- white varnish;
- color light varnish;
- apply varnish base and allow to dry;
- coat the plate with light varnish;
- apply white polish to the tips of the nails using stencils;
- fix with clear varnish.
Colored french manicure
Similar to the classic version.
The exception is the choice of varnish – the colors can be bright, but that the shades were the same color, for example, red and pink.
Simple drawings by yourself
Application can be done using:
- varnish and brush – for drawing lines;
- Scotch tape – for the image of figures;
- special strips – get lines;
- toothpicks or needles – apply the base and colored varnish one at a time, then take a different color and with a brush make drops on the second layer – draw a line with a needle or stick connecting the dots in the picture.
Rhinestones and sparkles
Elements are applied to the nail, covered with colored varnish and fixed with a colorless option.
To use the jewelry is recommended:
- paint nails with colorless varnish or a light shade option;
- lower the sticker into the water for 10 seconds with tweezers;
- remove excess water from the decoration;
- separate it from the substrates and lay on the surface of the nail.
Important! When using shellac, the stickers must be applied to the wet layer
For the procedure, you need a stencil and two varnishes: a bright and light shade.
- apply a bright varnish as a base;
- stick stencils so that at the beginning of the nail you get a “month”;
- gently apply a second varnish, painting over the untouched surface of the plate.
The transition between varnishes can be decorated with rhinestones.
The procedure has two options.
Option number 1
For the first method you need:
- several colored varnishes – from 2 and above;
- varnish base;
- cotton buds;
- sponge or sponge;
- masking tape;
- top cover.
- apply varnish – base to the treated nails;
- apply the first colored varnish;
- apply a second layer from the middle to the end of the plate;
- before the second layer dries, use a sponge to move the borders between the varnishes from the end of the nail to the cuticle;
- coat all layers with top-coat varnish;
- remove unnecessary varnish with a cotton swab.
For easy removal of excess varnish, the surface around the nail can be sealed with tape
Option number 2
- apply a varnish base;
- mix two colors in a bowl;
- apply varnishes from a light shade to a dark on a plastic palette;
- move the borders with a wand;
- using a sponge, transfer varnishes to the nail;
- let dry;
- fasten with the top.
To summarize, we note that there are many options for a beautiful manicure at home in order to decorate nails, giving them personality, and the choice of option depends on personal preferences.
By doing a manicure yourself at home, you can significantly save time and money.
Useful video materials on how to make a simple beautiful manicure at home
How to make a beautiful manicure. Simple beautiful design at home:
Simple and beautiful do-it-yourself manicure:
Beautiful original manicure at home. Top 18 ideas: