Basic exercises involving the use of sports equipment are the most effective for a comprehensive transformation of the female body. With the help of regular exercises with dumbbells, you can not only get rid of excess subcutaneous fat, but also tighten various muscle groups.
Understanding the specifics of performing strength exercises will help to achieve positive changes in appearance, minimizing the likelihood of injuries during training.
- The benefits of dumbbell exercises for women
- Fast weight loss and attractive figure
- Health promotion
- Time saving
- Female Dumbbell Selection
- Dumbbell Training Recommendations
- Contraindications to training
- Safety precautions
- Carrying out a warm-up
- Basic exercises with dumbbells for women
- For breast
- For the press
- For shoulders
- For biceps
- For triceps
- For legs and buttocks
- Week beginner training program
- Weight Loss Workout Program
- Basic Dumbbell Exercise Video for Women
The benefits of dumbbell exercises for women
Basic exercises with dumbbells, when performed regularly, have a positive effect not only on the external transformation of the girl’s figure, but also on the overall strengthening of her health.
Fast weight loss and attractive figure
During training with dumbbells, regardless of the conditions in which they are carried out, the metabolic processes of the body are accelerated. A high metabolic rate is the key to maximum absorption of nutrients and a reduction in the amount of food “deposited” in the fatty layer.
At the same time, a high metabolic rate is maintained after training for about 35 hours. The main advantage of this type of load is the fact that when doing exercises with dumbbells, the girls not only lose weight, but acquire a toned figure with graceful bends.
As a result of training, more expressive are:
- thin waist;
- rounded shoulders.
The highest efficiency in the external transformation will be achieved by a combination of strength and cardio training, which involves the use of dumbbells, in compliance with the principles of proper nutrition.
For weight loss without harming health and loss of muscle mass, it is not recommended to sit on short-term diets. They enter the body into a shock state, upon exiting from which, it again begins to accumulate fat, even if preliminary adjustments are made to the girl’s diet.
Regular exercise with dumbbells can significantly improve the athlete’s health status:
|Dumbbell Exercise Scope||Brief explanation|
|The cardiovascular system||Stabilization of the cardiovascular system will allow the implementation of simple cardio exercises involving dumbbells (lifting dumbbells, bending, squats, and so on). Maintaining a heart rate in the range of 110-120 beats / min. contributes to the saturation of body tissues with oxygen, which positively affects the burning of excess fat.|
|Arterial pressure||According to the results of modern research, regular performance of strength exercises reduces the risk of a heart attack in an athlete by 13%, and stroke – by 38%. This becomes possible due to the normalization of blood pressure, by saturating the body with the necessary amount of oxygen.|
|Musculoskeletal system||Doing weight training stimulates an increase in osteocalcin production. This is the protein that underlies the bone structure of the human body. Increasing its concentration leads to the strengthening of bones and joints.|
In addition to physical changes, a person who regularly practices strength training will note an improvement in his psychological state. In this case, raising the mood occurs due to the release of endorphins into the bloodstream, which stabilize the psyche and increase stress resistance.
The absolute majority of women consider the lack of a temporary resource for sports to be the main obstacle to the ideal figure. Performing exercises with dumbbells, in this case, is the most optimal solution. Strength training with the simplest sports equipment, despite its effectiveness, does not require either a large amount of space or a lot of time spent from an athlete.
The advantage of this type of training is also that you can work out with dumbbells at home, saving not only time, but also money on visiting the gym. In addition, by practicing this type of training on her own, the girl will not be shy about people around, which will make her classes more effective.
Female Dumbbell Selection
Basic exercises with dumbbells will be effective only if the mass of the used sports equipment is correctly selected. An analysis of the assortment presented in the store must be done taking into account the goal that the athlete will have to do with dumbbells.
You will have to choose weighting agents from the set, conditionally divided into 4 subtypes:
- integral and composite (collapsible);
- mini dumbbells and sports equipment of large weights.
One-piece dumbbells are a non-transformable design, the main advantages of which are safety (there is no risk of breaking pancakes fixed at the edges during training) and ease of use (there is no need to think over the working weight before each session, and then change the number of removable weighting materials on the main unit).
Compound dumbbells are more versatile. You can use them both during cardio loads, and during strength training, adjusting the weight of the load in accordance with the orientation of the training. The weight of the dumbbell is adjusted using plastic or metal pancakes, which are attached to the edges of the dumbbells and fixed with special bolts.
Mini-dumbbells (less than 7 pounds) are not recommended. With their help, it is impossible to properly load the muscles of a healthy person and accelerate metabolic processes in the body.
Depending on the purpose of the classes and the physical preparation of the athlete, fitness trainers recommend choosing dumbbells:
- from 18 -22 pounds (for performing squats and working out the lower body);
- from 11 -15 pounds (for performing exercises on the legs from a standing position);
- from 9 -15 pounds (for the study of the muscles of the upper body).
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Dumbbell Training Recommendations
Classes with dumbbells positively affect not only the appearance of the girl, but also on her internal state. The athlete becomes more resilient, attentive, better learns new information and concentrates on the tasks and ways to solve them.
Compliance with the recommendations of professionals will help increase training productivity:
- it is necessary to choose the weight of weighting materials taking into account the orientation of the training (for cardio – 7 -9 pounds, for power – from 11 pounds);
o start the process of fat burning, you need to perform at least 25 repetitions in 1 approach, and to build muscle mass – not more than 15, but with dumbbells of greater weight;
- the optimal number of workouts per week is 3 or 4 for 40-60 minutes;
- if necessary, reduce the amount of subcutaneous fat, training with dumbbells must be combined with the observance of the principles of proper nutrition;
- It is recommended to increase the load gradually (otherwise, working with excessively heavy sports equipment will result in injury or muscle overtraining syndrome).
Contraindications to training
Basic exercises with dumbbells, like other types of physical activity, have a number of contraindications.
Absolute limitations are:
- hypertension of the 2nd and 3rd degree (especially caution with periodic pressure surges without an officially established diagnosis);
- disturbances in the work of the cardiovascular system;
- respiratory diseases (e.g. asthma);
- pregnancy (it is recommended to abandon strength exercises for the entire period of bearing a child, replacing them with yoga or stretching);
- menstruation (risk of bleeding).
Relative contraindications are considered diseases in the presence of which there is a possibility of performing exercises with dumbbells, but should be discussed with the attending physician in advance.
The diseases are as follows:
- osteochondrosis (in remission);
- endocrine system diseases;
- violations in the functioning of the reproductive system (including hormonal disruptions);
- lactation period;
- joint diseases.
Compliance with safety precautions allows the girl, while playing sports, to minimize the risk of injury, as well as increase the effectiveness of training.
When doing exercises with dumbbells, you must:
- before the main part of the complex, warm up the muscles and prepare the joints with the help of a warm-up;
- regularly modify workouts as the body gets used to the current level of load (a professional fitness trainer who has an idea of the characteristics of the body of a particular athlete must make changes to the complex);
- do not do strength training more often 3-4 times a week;
- begin training with exercises involving the use of dumbbells of minimum weight (increase the load should be gradual);
- drink enough water during and after exercise (thirst should not be present);
- strictly observe the technique of performing exercises, avoiding its independent modification in order to adjust the current load.
Carrying out a warm-up
Basic exercises with dumbbells should be done only after a warm-up. Properly heated muscles and joints and the cardiovascular system prepared for further training minimize the likelihood of harming the athlete’s health even if the technique of performing loads is unintentionally not followed.
As a warm-up, fitness trainers recommend performing simple or slow movements with different parts of the body at a slow or moderate pace:
- tilting the head back and forth-left-right;
- stretching of the shoulder muscles (the right arm extends to the left and vice versa);
- “Lock” behind the back (brushes interlock);
- abduction of straight arms back (pectoral muscles are stretched);
- tilts left and right (hands on the belt);
- body turns left and right;
- alternate lifting of the legs (the leg bends at the knee and is pressed to the body with the help of the hands);
- raising legs back;
- rotation of the knee joints (performed in a semi-squat);
- rotation by hand;
- running in place (performed at an average pace).
Basic exercises with dumbbells for women
Depending on the area that needs to be worked out with physical activity, women are recommended to perform specific types of exercises using dumbbells.
To tighten the pectoral muscles, a complex will be effective, including:
|Hand press, lying on the floor – 3 sets of 15 reps (3 * 15)||
|Neutral grip straightening – 3 * 20||
|“Layout” of dumbbells – 4 * 15||
For the press
For pumping the press with the help of power loads, exercises with dumbbells are also suitable:
|Lifting the body with weights – 25 times||
|Lifting the hull while sitting on a hill – 20 times||
|“Book” – 3 * 20||
To increase the relief of the muscles of the female shoulders, you can use:
|Leading the arms to the sides – 3 * 20||
|Swing hands forward – 2 * 25||
|Hand rotation – 3 * 20||
You can increase the endurance of the hands, as well as give the biceps of the female hands the relief and attractive appearance with:
|Flexion of the upper limbs – 2 * 30||
|Straightening the arms over the head – 3 * 25||
It is recommended to work on triceps with the help of basic loads with dumbbells:
|Bending the arms behind the head – 45 times||
|Extension of arms back – 3 * 25 for each arm||
For legs and buttocks
The most effective exercises with dumbbells aimed at transforming the lower part of the female body are:
|Classic squats – 3 * 25||
|Lunges forward – 2 * 30||
Week beginner training program
Basic exercises involving the use of dumbbells should be combined into a single training program by professional fitness instructors.
Only a specialist who has an idea of the athlete’s current state of health, her physiological characteristics of the body, physical fitness, as well as the purpose of the classes will be able to make a complex so that it allows the girl to safely achieve visible results in the shortest possible time.
A training program for beginners, provided there are no health problems, for a week may look like this:
- jumping rope – 3-5 minutes;
- extension of arms with dumbbells from a standing position – 3 * 15;
- the inclination of the body with holding the weight in the hands – 2 * 20 (for each side);
- arms raised forward – 4 * 10;
- Squats without weights at a fast pace – 50 times.
- jogging on the spot with high hips – 2 min;
- hand swings to the sides – 3 * 20;
- rotation with straight arms – 4 * 15 (for each side);
- squats with dumbbells – 25 times;
- “Twisting” to the press – 20 times.
- jumping on the spot – 200 times;
- lunges with dumbbells – 3 * 15;
- lifting the body with dumbbells lying on the floor – 2 * 25;
- squats with dumbbells – 3 * 15;
- jumping rope – 5 min.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Weight Loss Workout Program
In the absence of the opportunity to contact a fitness trainer to draw up a training program, a girl who seeks to get rid of excess weight due to weights, can use the following complex.
It is designed for people under the age of 35 who do not have serious diseases:
- jogging in place with high hips – 10 min;
- squats “sumo” – 4 * 25;
- lifting the case from a sitting position on a chair with dumbbells in hand – 2 * 30;
- lunges with dumbbells – 3 * 30 (for each leg);
- hand swings to the sides – 3 * 25;
- classic squats with dumbbells – 2 * 30;
- jumping in place without burden – 5 min.
- warm-up for 7-10 minutes;
- dumbbell bench press from a prone position – 3 * 20;
- rotation of the arms with dumbbells – 2 * 25;
- straightening hands on triceps – 3 * 30 (for each hand);
- “Twisting” with dumbbells – 3 * 25;
- bending the arms behind the head – 2 * 25;
- stretching exercises – 3 min.
- warm-up – 10 minutes;
- swings hands forward – 3 * 25;
- squats with dumbbells – 3 * 30;
- draft of dumbbells – 2 * 30;
- “Book” – 2 * 20;
- breeding dumbbells from a prone position – 3 * 20;
- jogging in place with high hips – 10 min.
The basic loads are universal, which explains why most of the exercises with dumbbells are suitable for inclusion in the complex for people of all ages, regardless of their state of health.
Despite this, the greatest effectiveness with this type of training can only be achieved with the help of a professional fitness trainer who will monitor compliance with the exercise technique and, if necessary, will adjust not only the training program, but also the lifestyle of the athlete as a whole.
Basic Dumbbell Exercise Video for Women
A set of exercises for girls and women: