The technique used since 1897 has undergone many changes and has become a real salvation for women whose breasts have lost their former elasticity and shape. Anchor lift is the most complex mastopexy technique in which the breast glands of any size and shape are adjusted.
- What is an anchor breast lift in women
- Who is recommended
- Contraindications for anchor breast lift
- Diagnosis before an anchor breast lift
- Stages of Anchor Breast Lift
- Rehabilitation methods after an anchor breast lift
- Possible complications after an anchor breast lift
- When to see a doctor after an anchor breast lift
- Breast Anchor Lift Video
What is an anchor breast lift in women
This is the restoration, or improvement of the shape of a breast that has sagged (ptosis). The principle of operation is the displacement of the nipple-areolar complex (SAC) to the central position, and the correction of the stretched skin around and down from the nipple.
Three incisions are made on the mammary gland, resembling an anchor, or an inverted “T”:
- around the areola of the nipple;
- vertical – goes from the lower part of the nipple to the place of attachment of the gland to the chest (inframammary fold);
- horizontal – in the area of the inframammary fold, enveloping the chest from below.
In cases when the breasts are large, use the method of reduction plastic. Excess tissue undergoes resection. Visually, the breast becomes more voluminous, despite a decrease in the area of the skin. She looks fit and supple. With a significant omission of glandular tissue, it is fixed in the upper part to the dense tissues of the chest.
With a sufficient volume of the mammary glands, you can limit yourself to “lifting”, without removing the subcutaneous parenchyma. Small breasts as a result of tightening can take a flattened form, so surgery is usually supplemented by augmentation with silicone implants. With excessive stretching and sagging tissues and an insufficient volume of the mammary glands, endoprosthetics are also recommended.
The price of a lift without implants is from $ 1768 – $ 2720. The price of the full package includes accommodation in the ward, medical staff and compression clothes (or purchased separately). As a rule, tests and examination before surgery are additionally paid. The cost of implants is from $ 544 – $ 1360 per pair.
Who is recommended
This operation relates to aesthetic surgery aimed at eliminating cosmetic defects that are not associated with pathological processes. It is acceptable for women over 18 years of age with severe sagging breasts – mastoptosis. A prerequisite is the absence of contraindications.
The stages of ptosis are determined by the ratio of the nipple to the upper point of the notch under the breast:
- I – the nipple moves below the level of the inframammary fold. The distance does not exceed 0’4 inch. This is a light ptosis in which the lower hemisphere of the chest remains elevated and is clearly visible in front.
- II – the nipple along with the tissues is shifted by 0’4 – 1’2 inch. This is average ptosis.
- III – the nipple is lowered more than 1’2 inch in relation to the inframammary fold. The lower surface of the chest is practically or completely invisible. This is a pronounced ptosis.
- IV – breast tissue is very stretched, the nipple is directed to the floor.
Anchor breast lift is indicated for stretching tissue III and IV degree. Many plastic surgeons find this method effective even in the milder stages, since the risk of repeated sagging and stretching of the tissues is much lower than with other methods.
The most common patients are women who have experienced all the delights of motherhood, including breastfeeding. Increasing almost 3 times during lactation, glandular tissue stretches the skin. Changes in the breast depend not only on the length of the feeding period, but also on the individual characteristics of the skin.
The operation is indicated for age-related changes in women older than 45 years. Adipose tissue is gradually replaced by fibrous tissue, which leads to natural sagging breasts, even in the absence of breastfeeding in the past.
The reason for mastopexy can also be:
- Asymmetry of the mammary glands and / or the location of the nipple-areolar complex.
- Pseudoptosis – the upper part of the chest is noticeably flattened, and the soft tissues descended into the lower hemisphere. The nipple is above, or at the level of the submammary fold.
- Stretch marks. They arise due to weight fluctuations and a number of other reasons. With medium and large breasts with a similar problem, an anchor lift is especially effective.
Contraindications for anchor breast lift
Breast lift is not recommended for women who continue to breast-feed or who have stopped it less than 1 year before surgery. The mammary glands need time to take their final position, and until then there is a risk of their damage by surgical intervention.
Surgery also does not allow patients suffering from:
- fibrocystic breast formations;
- oncological diseases;
- blood coagulation dysfunction;
- endocrine diseases;
- diabetes mellitus;
- infectious diseases in the acute and chronic stage;
- sexually transmitted diseases;
- heart failure;
- renal failure;
- mental disorders.
In order to exclude a possible contraindication, a complex examination of the body is carried out before the operation.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Breast lift without implants – all methods, methods and procedures. Efficiency, photo before and after.
Diagnosis before an anchor breast lift
The scheme and principle of the upcoming operation is determined during the initial examination by a plastic surgeon. Visually assessed the nature of the skin, the degree of ptosis, especially the shape and size of the chest.
The wishes of the patient are compared with the potential capabilities of the operation. Many clinics use computer simulation so that a woman can approximately understand what result to expect.
An anchor lift is a complex operation on the mammary glands, therefore, the surgeon pre-writes out the directions for tests and examinations necessary to confirm the upcoming mastopexy:
- An extensive clinical blood test with a white blood cell formula. Price – $ 7 – $ 9.
- Determination of blood type and Rh factor. Analysis cost – $ 8 – $ 10;
- Biochemical blood test (up to $ 4,76).
- A blood test for the presence of sexually transmitted diseases and hepatitis (hospital complex) – from $ 23 – $ 34.
- General analysis of urine with microscopy of sediment ( $ 4 – $ 5).
- Coagulogram – shows the quality of blood coagulability. Price – $ 14 – $ 41.
- ECG with decoding (about $ 24).
- Ultrasound or X-ray mammography (up to $ 27).
- Fluorography (free).
The conclusions of other specialists are needed:
Therapist – measures pressure, heart rate. Based on the history of the medical record and the results of the tests, he decides on the appropriateness of
the upcoming operation.
- Mammologist – studies the condition of the mammary glands by examining the patient and his x-rays.
- Anesthesiologist – prescribes painkillers referring not to the results of a hardware examination of the cardiovascular system.
Inspection by specialists is carried out free of charge in state polyclinics, or paid separately.
Stages of Anchor Breast Lift
The operation includes the preparatory stages, the actual tightening and rehabilitation:
- Initial examination and consultation with a plastic surgeon.
- Testing, hardware examination.
- The conclusion of the therapist, mammologist.
- Preparing for the operation. It is carried out on an empty stomach, therefore, for 8 hours before surgery, you can not eat food and do not drink for 6 hours. Exclude the use of hormonal drugs, alcohol and blood thinning medications. Remove the coating from the nails.
- Settlement in a hospital and marking. The doctor marks the lines of future incisions with a marker. Consultation with an anesthesiologist is underway on the choice of anesthesia – intravenous or endotracheal (inhalation). With an anchor breast lift, general anesthesia is indicated. The patient washes makeup, removes jewelry, takes a shower.
- The operation. After the anesthesia has worked, the surgeon makes 3 incisions. Stretched skin and soft tissues are excised. The nipple-areola complex (NAO) is being displaced to a new position. The mammary glands are fixed to the muscle fascia. The surrounding skin is tightened in such a way as to maintain the SAK in the upper position. If necessary, part of the internal parenchyma is removed. The average duration of the operation is 2.5 hours.
- The postoperative period. The patient stays in a hospital up to 3 days under the supervision of doctors. The length of stay depends on the need to use a drainage system for the outflow of blood and lymph. On days 12-14, the sutures are removed (if a self-absorbable suture has not been used).
Rehabilitation methods after an anchor breast lift
Anchor breast lift will give a positive effect not only due to the skill of a plastic surgeon, but also the patient’s compliance with all the requirements during the recovery period. With proper care, the result is visible 2-3 months after surgery.
To do this, follow the basic recommendations:
- Compression underwear. Purchased separately, or included in the price of the full package of services of the clinic. This is an elastic top that will help prevent seam divergence and displacement of the mammary gland, or implant. Put on the day after surgery. Wear without removing until the sutures are completely healed. Usually this period lasts up to 2-3 months. During the examination, the surgeon gradually loosens the girth of the straps, if the condition of the operated breast allows this to be done.
- Cancel any physical activity. In the first week to ensure complete peace. For 3-5 days, it is advisable to take time off at work, even if it does not involve power loads. The first few weeks it is not recommended to lift a load weighing more than 7 pounds.
- Avoid overheating – do not go to baths, saunas, take a warm shower.
- Regularly come to the clinic for dressings and disinfection of sutures or independently carry out the procedure. Wet and contaminated dressings should immediately be replaced with clean, dry ones, having previously treated the stitches with an antiseptic.
- Take antibiotics and painkillers as recommended by your doctor.
- In the first 3-4 weeks, apply special fastening strips of steri-strip to the seams to reduce the load and better scar tissue joints. After 1.5-2 months, the strips are replaced with silicone plasters.
- The use of regenerating creams and ointments will make the scars less visible and noticeable faster than in a year. You can apply them 1-2 months after the operation. Recommended drugs:
|Title||Active substance||Dosage||Course||Price, usd|
|Imoferase (cream)||Hyaluronidase Enzyme||Apply a thin layer 2 times a day||Up to 6 months||650|
|Dermatics (ointment)||Cyclic and polymer siloxanes||Thin layer 2 times a day||From 2 months to the desired result||2000-2400|
|Contractubex (gel)||Onion Extract, Heparin, Allantoin||2-3 times a day, in a thin layer||3-6 months||600|
Following the doctor’s recommendations will help reduce the rehabilitation period by 25-30% and see the final result before the natural time.
Many patients are scared by the number of upcoming incisions, and they prefer periareolar mastopexy. However, practice has shown that the presence of two additional seams reduces the tension of the skin in the operated area and evenly distributes it.
In this case, the vertical seam is often faster discolored and leveled compared to the circular. After a year, all the scars fade and flatten, becoming barely noticeable. The chest takes its final position in which it will last up to 15 years.
After the surgeon allows you to remove the compression underwear, it is better to abandon the bras on foam rubber and with bones. Light cotton tops, seamless underwear, sports bodices will do.
Possible complications after an anchor breast lift
Anchor breast lift is an extensive operation with a large wound area. Compared to other methods of tightening, the likelihood of complications is slightly higher. They can occur in the early and late postoperati
ve period. This depends not only on the professionalism of the surgeon, but also on the patient’s compliance with all recommendations for the care of the operated breast.
Within a short time after surgery, the following can occur:
- bleeding open, hematoma form;
- suppuration of the scar;
- seam divergence;
- gradual necrosis of tissues in the suture area.
If complications are identified, an immediate visit to the surgeon is required.
Repeated intervention with subsequent hospitalization is possible.
Due to improper technique, gross scarring of the suture may occur during surgery. Often this applies to a horizontal incision under the chest fold. Experienced surgeons try to make this incision as short as possible to avoid scar hypertrophy.
In the early months of the postoperative period, many women complain of nipple sensation. In 85% of cases, she returns within half a year.
Undesirable effects can occur in later periods of rehabilitation:
- repeated prolapse of the gland;
- asymmetry of NAO and / or glands;
- chest shape deformity.
Both technical errors during surgery and the patient’s behavior can lead to a worsening of the result:
- sharp fluctuations in weight;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- weight lifting;
- ignoring the doctor’s prescriptions.
Individual tissue features can also become a prerequisite for a short-term result: flabby, thin skin will not be able to withstand the slightest load and will continue to stretch under the influence of gravitational forces.
When to see a doctor after an anchor breast lift
In the first few months, every 2 weeks, the surgeon appoints a scheduled examination of the patient. During this period, you need to carefully monitor the hygiene of the chest and timely report on various changes in the condition.
In case of complications, it is necessary to contact a plastic surgeon who performed the mastopexy surgery. In case of doubt in the competence of the surgeon, it is necessary to contact similar specialists in this field.
No later than 12 months after the operation, a mammologist should be examined to exclude any neoplasms in the mammary glands.
Being quite a serious operation on the mammary glands, the anchor lift has a wide range of contraindications and a large list of preoperative examinations. Despite this, the work of leading surgeons in the country and neighboring countries inclines more and more women in favor of dramatic changes in their appearance.
Breast Anchor Lift Video