The technique of modern AirTouch dyeing has recently become increasingly popular. Often you can see on social networks photos of popular models with this new coloring. And not in vain, because it gives a luxurious volume to the hair and looks quite expensive.
- What is AirTouch staining
- Who should use AirTouch
- Pros of the method
- Cons of the technique of painting curls
- Unlike other hair dyeing methods
- Used paints
- Necessary tools
- AirTouch Home Coloring: A Step-by-Step Lesson for Beginners
- Dye application
- Exposure time
- Can AirTouch be combined with others
- Rules for caring for strands after highlighting
- 3 best colored hair care mask recipes
- Strengthening Yeast Mask
- Camomile mask
- Sea buckthorn mask
- Prices in the salons of New York, Los Angeles and other
- Airtouch Staining Technique Video
What is AirTouch staining
Translated from English, “air touch” means “touch of air”. With such a complex and multi-color dyeing, smooth and delicate overflows of tones are created on the hair, which allows to achieve the appearance of volume and color depth. Coloring is gaining its popularity, as lightness and naturalness are in fashion.
It replaces obsolete techniques, such as highlighting, ombre and plain hair coloring. At the same time, hair is not completely dyed, but 30% -50% of the total volume. To begin with, some strands are selected from all hair in a special order (there are several schemes).
Then each turn of the lock is blown with a hairdryer so that all the shortest and thinnest hairs fall out, because only those that are not “blown out” will be painted. With this lightening of the hair, hard and sharp transitions are excluded, while with other dyes there is a huge risk of getting such.
Who should use AirTouch
The AirTouch dyeing technique is suitable for almost all types of hair, except for very short haircuts. On short hair, it will not be possible to create smooth and beautiful transitions.
Dyeing can be performed on any dyed hair or natural:
To add originality to the hair, you can add a cold or warm shade.
The most advantageous and respectable will look on the owners of long and straight hair.
Coloring is universal: it will be profitable to look both at work and on vacation, will attract attention at any event. After all, AirTouch is combined with any style of clothing, whether it’s sports, classic, youth or casual.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
As such, there are no contraindications for the AirTouch technique, however, it is not recommended to lighten hair if it is severely damaged.
Hair is damaged if:
- Already repeatedly painted, discolored. In this case, the hair shaft is destroyed and softened, and there are also split ends.
- Often done building.
- A hairdryer and various irons, curling irons and other hot tongs are constantly used at maximum temperature. As a result – split ends, microcracks along the entire length, a strong vulnerability to any mechanical actions with hair.
- Often and carelessly combed, tightly wound on curlers, hairstyles are done daily, tightening hair (ponytail, tight braids) or using varnish. As a result of all this, the hair easily breaks off and splits along the entire length.
Pros of the method
Stylish dyeing has many advantages:
- suitable for any color and length of hair;
- the most natural result (absolutely imperceptible transition from natural color to discolored with blurry borders);
- giving a visible volume and versatility to hair, the effect of radiance;
- gentle procedure – the roots are not lightened;
- the result rejuvenates due to color contrasts, the face looks fresher. This will be the best solution for visual elimination of gray hair;
- long-term result – there is no need for frequent staining (lasts from 6 months to 8 months), and, as a result – saving your money;
- It looks very stylish and modern;
- even if you are allergic to hair dye, you can afford this technique. The contact of the coloring agent with the scalp is minimal;
- after staining, no special care is required, minimal effort is spent to maintain color.
Cons of the technique of painting curls
However, dyeing curls in this way has several disadvantages:
- Price. For the high-quality performance of such coloring, you have to pay enough.
- A long process – it takes from 4 to 5 hours, it depends on the length and color of the hair.
- Slight damage due to discoloration.
Unlike other hair dyeing methods
The AirTouch dyeing technique is very similar to a hut / hawker, and if you are not a colorist, then with the naked eye you really can not distinguish one from the other. But in fact, these two techniques are quite different, at least in that they use different methods of applying hair dye.
When doing balayazha, all hair is divided into strands, and then each is combed. On the remaining hair, a bleaching dye is applied. Shatush is more often done on dark hair, a “stretch” of color is performed along the length of the hair from dark to lighter. Unlike the familiar highlighting, when performing AirTouch staining, the highlighted lock is completely painted over.
Therefore, a more delicate image is created, while when highlighting, clear stripes are visible – locks of a different shade. When performing an ombre, the hair in the lower part is completely dyed, it noticeably differs in color from the upper part. A gradient effect is created from the roots to the tips, and vice versa.
Bronding – coloring strands in darker colors, mainly in bronze and brown shades. The volume and bump of the hair is also created and this technique can be performed on the shortest hair.
California highlighting – the effect of burnt hair, suggests maximum naturalness, does not create sharp transitions. In this case, about 6 shades are used (both light and dark tones).
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
To choose the right paint, it is necessary to take into account the following nuances: the initial hair color, face shape, color type, as well as personal wishes for the final result. The client decides, wants to get subtle glare, or a bright, rich blonde.
In order to get a noble cold shade, already clarified hair should be tinted with a special tool. It is required to add violet or blue color to the coloring mixture, which in t
he end will make your hair a really pleasant ashy shade.
You can experiment with your image. In summer, in the brightest season of the year, there are many variations on how to add zest to your style, toned your hair in any bright color. For example, in pink, purple, or even mint color. It all depends on personal preference. In any case, there will be a rather gentle coloring, since only half of the hair is affected.
Before using the paint, it is advisable to take into account the condition and type of hair. It is also necessary to clearly follow the instructions that come with the coloring products.
For staining, you will need:
- hair dryer;
- brush and comb for drying hair;
- brightening paint / powder, oxidizing agent, paint bowl and brush;
- tinting agent and oxidizing agent (optional);
- 2 mirrors;
AirTouch Home Coloring: A Step-by-Step Lesson for Beginners
Repeat staining at home is difficult, it is a very long and painstaking process. Since this procedure lasts long enough in the salon, it is advisable for those who decided to do the coloring themselves to spare their free time and patience. It is advisable to already have some experience of dyeing your hair yourself, because even masters, it happens, can’t do it perfectly.
First you need to divide all the hair into several large parts, 4-5.
Then, dividing each part into small locks, start working:
- Separate the strand with a comb about 0’4 inch thick and “blow” it with a cold hairdryer so that all short and thin hairs fall out.
- Place a foil under the remaining strand and apply a decolorizing dye liberally with a margin of 1’2 – 2 inch from the roots (taking into account the length of the hair), paint the tips carefully to achieve the effect of radiance (do not touch the blown part). Using a dry brush, blend the border so as to obtain a smooth transition.
- Wrap a strand of foil. Leave blown hairs between locks in foil. To stain the back, you need to look in the mirrors, which are located opposite each other.
- Thus process the whole head.
Time depends strictly on the instructions. The intensity of the application of paint and the number of strands to navigate to the desired result. Everything is individual – who wants light flare, and who wants a bright blond. Typically, the paint is held for about 40 minutes.
After time, carefully remove the foil from the hair. Rinse under warm water. Be sure to apply a nourishing balm at the end – conditioner to fix the color. If desired, you can give your hair any shade using a tinting agent.
Everything must be done in accordance with the attached instructions. In the end, also rinse under warm water with a balm. At the end, dry your hair with a warm hairdryer and style in any way.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Can AirTouch be combined with others
To extend the intervals between trips to the salon, you can combine the AirTouch painting technique with the ombre technique. In this case, the hair roots darken a little (4, 5, 6 tones are well suited), and the line of transition from dark to light is made as blurry as possible to avoid clear stripes and contrasts.
By combining these two techniques, you can achieve the effect of naturally burnt out in the sun, a little regrown hair, or by adding a little more color (soft pink, light purple) to get a youthful and fresh look.
Rules for caring for strands after highlighting
The AirTouch dyeing technique in any case causes harm to the hair, especially if carried out independently. Fortunately, this is fixable. Nowadays, many professional tools for the care of damaged hair have been developed.
Such products as:
- Wellaplex from Wella Proffessional;
- Bond Ultim8 by Marix, Niophlex.
Hair Company Inimitable Lotion combines both care components and a good yellowness neutralizer. The Kaaral brand also takes great care of hair (shampoo, conditioner and Royal Jelly Cream mask).
For recalcitrant hair it is recommended to use Wella EIMI Perfect Me cream. It perfectly removes the so-called fluff, smoothes, fixes and provides protection against sudden temperature changes. Wella Oil Reflections can be used for tips.
With frequent use, it helps to leave a respectable appearance of hair for a long time, smoothes them and creates a noble shine.
It is recommended not to get carried away with homemade masks containing oils, because most of them only yellow their hair and make them look like straw (especially coconut oil).
3 best colored hair care mask recipes
Strengthening Yeast Mask
- dry yeast – 1 large spoon;
- egg – 1 pc.;
- water – 1,69 fluid ounce.
- Dilute yeast in 1,69 fluid ounce of water.
- Then add the egg.
- Stir the mask until thick.
- Apply over the entire length of the hair, keep for half an hour, at the end wash the hair under warm water.
- 1 tablespoon – chamomile;
- 1 glass of water;
- 1 egg white.
- Brew chamomile in boiling water, leave to infuse for 3 hours.
- Beat egg white.
- Add the protein to th
e strained broth, stir.
- Apply massage mask to hair with light massage movements.
The mask must be kept until it is completely dry, then wash your hair well. To achieve the best result, you need to make a mask once a week.
Sea buckthorn mask
Recipe: mix sea buckthorn and vegetable oil in equal proportions. Apply to hair and keep for an hour. Regularity – 2-3 times a month.
Prices in the salons of New York, Los Angeles and other
Chasing a low cost for such a staining technique is definitely not worth it. Professional and high-quality highlighting by the masters of their craft cannot be cheap.
Airtouch stain pricing is made up of 4 basics:
- the cost of materials (powder for clarification, oxides, tinting composition, stabilizer, care, etc.);
- qualification of the master;
- brand of funds;
- hair length (short, to the shoulders, to the shoulder blades, to the waist).
|New York||$ 136 – $ 272|
|Los Angeles||$ 109 – $ 136|
|Las Vegas||$ 82 – $ 95|
|Atlanta||$ 68 – $ 136|
|Detroit||$ 34 – $ 82.|
|Las Vegas||$ 41 – $ 82|
|San Francisco||$ 41 – $ 109.|
|Seattle||$ 54 – $ 82.|
The result of dyeing hair using AirTouch technology will be worth all the time and money spent.
Airtouch Staining Technique Video
Master class on this technique from the stylist: