One of the many variations of the classic bob haircut is a fashionable elongated bob, which is relevant for medium hair. A haircut does not require special styling, so many women prefer it.
Who is elongated bob
The secret of high popularity of a haircut is its versatility. Therefore, an elongated bean is suitable for every girl, regardless of age and type of appearance. To emphasize the advantages and hide the disadvantages, it is enough to choose one of the options for haircuts and styling.
This table provides tips on the design of an elongated bean for various types of faces:
|Round||The elongated bob makes the face more harmonious and slim. But it is worth abandoning a direct parting and sharp horizontal sections.|
|Oval||A haircut with a bang, slightly covering the eyebrows, is great. Graduation is recommended.|
|Square||The elongated bob and long straight bangs give the face a softer outline, emphasizing beautiful cheekbones.|
|Rectangular||A lateral cut allows distraction from the chin, and graduation and asymmetry noticeably round the face.|
|Cordate||An elongated textured bean with side parting softens the sharp chin. Avoid volume on the crown and in the temples.|
|Pear-shaped||Elongate, oblique bangs and a graduated haircut style make it possible to approximate the shape of a pear to an oval.|
Girls have access to numerous haircuts for medium hair. To make the right choice and not make mistakes, it is better to listen to the advice of the master in the cabin.
Types of Long Bean
Any hair length allows you to make a bob with an extension, so you should pay special attention to the types of haircuts.
Stylists distinguish the following options for cutting an elongated bob:
- Asymmetric bean is a bold choice for those who want to try something new and attract attention, hiding external flaws. Asymmetry options allow you to experiment with the length of the strands, creating an extraordinary image.
- Straight bean – a classic option that goes well with any appearance, structure and hair color.
- Bean with graduation – a haircut using a multilayer technique. This option makes it more versatile and suitable for different face shapes. Graduated bean allows you to perfectly show all kinds of stains.
- Bob with a bangs – a haircut is not for every face shape, so you need to consider the features of appearance before choosing this look. So, for an oval face – a straight bang, and to hide the flaws in the form of a large nose or large forehead, an elongated bean with a scythe or lacerated bang will help.
Extra long bob on thick and lush hair
When choosing a haircut for thick and fluffy hair, you should turn to options that will give lightness to heavy hair. Extra long bean for medium hair – a stylish solution for thick hair.
In addition to the classic version, you can opt for a haircut with asymmetry.
Despite the versatility of the bean, it is better to profile the ends of the hair. Then the haircut will not lose the necessary volume, and the hair will lie easily and neatly. Otherwise, you may encounter a naughty shock of hair instead of fashionable styling.
Extra long bob on thin hair
The main problem of thin hair is the lack of volume. Therefore, you need to pay attention to haircuts that will help you forget about the disadvantage. A graduated bean does this.
Thanks to the multi-stage technique, this type of haircut adds volume to thin hair and allows you to forget about daily styling. The hair looks elastic and healthy, and the owner of the haircut does not worry because of its particular structure of hair.
Extra long bob on wavy hair
The real trend is a long bob with wavy hair. If curls naturally curl, you can not worry about styling. A slightly sloppy look, slightly disheveled waves are now relevant, especially for medium-length hair.
Girls with curly hair are well aware that bangs are not the best option for them. Therefore, it is better to refuse it if its length is almost compared with the length of the rest of the hair. You should not make an asymmetric bean, and it is better to trim the tips. Then the haircut will take a well-groomed appearance.
An elongated bob on medium hair with a bangs looks as attractive as without it. To decide, you need to imagine which version of the bangs will look better, whether it is appropriate at all. Attention should be paid to the structure of the hair. Torn and slanting bangs are perfectly combined with curly curls. A perfect addition to straight hair will be a smooth bang.
In order not to make a mistake with the choice, you need to take into account the features of appearance. Any bangs look harmoniously on girls whose face is proportional. And for those who do not belong to those, professionals recommend paying attention to torn and asymmetric strands. A smooth bang to the eyebrows is a find if you need to hide large features.
Bangs with well-defined edges best frame a round face. This option is also good for an angular type of face, if the side strands are located below the chin. The fringe in a semicircle softens the features, and the image of chubby girls makes it more elegant.
Thick straight bangs look best with straight hair, and in combination with graduated bean looks interesting and stylish. Only women with harmonious features can successfully try on short bangs, which allow
s them to focus on their eyes.
Extra long bean for medium hair – a haircut is not too difficult to perform, but it requires special accuracy.
To make an elongated bob, stylists recommend the following steps:
- The hair is divided into 4 parts: lower occipital area, upper occipital area, parietal, temporal.
- Shorten the bottom of the strands to the required length.
- Focusing on the length of already processed hair, move higher. To make it easier to separate the strands, use a comb with frequent cloves.
- The lower strand from the temporal zone is pulled to the occipital line.
- Proceed with processing the front strands of the temporal-lateral zone.
- When cutting the strands on the upper zone of the head, take them backwards, after dividing them into a parting diagonally.
- The most recent area is the parietal. Form a parting and cut from short to long, pulling the strands at a right angle to the head.
- Comb hair and make profiling of strands without losing the length and shape of the haircut.
- Dry the hair and trim the ends if necessary.
The haircut should be directed towards the face, and the strands must be constantly compared with each other. You can’t do a haircut with graduation on your own, therefore it is better to trust a professional.
Thanks to the universal length of the bean on medium hair, you can experiment with images, changing the styling without much effort.
There are many simple options for styling hairstyles to change the style:
- Simple styling. The classic and most simplified option for those who do not like to spend a lot of time standing at the mirror. Dry your hair with a hairdryer and a round comb, twisting the tips inward. Previously, it is worth applying a special tool to the roots in order to maintain volume.
- Straightened hair. To achieve the effect of straight smooth hair, you can use an iron. When styling, inexperienced girls lose their hair volume, making a mistake. This will not happen if you leave a small gap between the curl and the ironing plates, slowly passing them through the hair so that the strands are warmed up and straightened. And you should start combing not earlier than all work with the iron is completed. This option is universal and suitable both for everyday life and for celebration. Styling will add elegance and sophistication to any look.
- Soft waves. To do the styling, you should wind the hair on curlers or curling iron. You can achieve a different effect by changing the shape, size and direction of the curls. Fixing the result will help hair spray. Depending on the chosen curling method, the image can become both playful and bold, so feminine and tender. Often, such a hairstyle of a girl is attributed to styling, which is ideal for a romantic evening.
- Easy mess. Apply a little mousse to your hair and tilt your head, combing the strands with your fingers. In this way, careless waves are formed that add volume to the styling. This styling is especially suitable for parties and outings with friends.
- Stacking back. You should start laying from the lower occipital area, so it’s best to remove the remaining strands using clips. Then, evenly distribute the styling product on slightly damp hair. Hair needs to be dried with a hairdryer, combing the strands back with a round comb. To keep the styling longer, it is better to use hair spray, fixing the result. A girl with such styling is transformed, becoming more strict and business. Which is great for formal receptions.
The hairstyle will be able to perfectly complement the image, if you do not overdo it with styling products that weight curls. It is better to avoid unnatural fleeces so that the styling does not look too lush.
An elongated bob does not exclude hairstyles on the collected hair. Available are all kinds of bunches and weaves that will give the image a unique and diversify it.
Hair condition worsens if you style it daily using hair dryers and irons.
Proper and regular hair care is a necessary condition, without which a haircut will not look so attractive. To keep the hair healthy, you should regularly carry out grooming procedures, making masks, use special tools that do not injure the hair structure during heat treatment.
An elongated bob will definitely become a worthy choice for a modern girl, whose medium-length hair will always look stylish, fresh and incredibly impressive.
Posted by: Darya Tar
Video about long bean options and styling suitable for this haircut
Making an elongated bean:
Easy styling for an extended bean: