Collagenarium (light therapy) is a cosmetology method of rejuvenation, restoration of firmness and elasticity of the skin on the face and body, as a result of cell activation to the regeneration process (collagen production) by exposure to light with a special apparatus.
The elasticity of the epidermis with age changes loses elasticity due to thinning and violation of the integrity of the connective tissue. That is why doctors recommend taking additional measures for skin reconstruction and their reviews about collagenaria in most cases are positive.
- The essence of the procedure
- Operating principle
- Types of Collariums
- The effect and result of the procedure
- Effect duration
- The duration of therapy
- Callarium visit programs
- Cosmetics and natural effect enhancers
- Precautionary measures
- Feasible side effects
- Procedure cost
- Home Appliances
- Doctors opinions
- Collagenarium video
The essence of the procedure
Collagenarium is an innovative method in cosmetology, in which the amount of fibrillar protein in tissues is restored. This organic substance controls the elasticity of the skin and prevents its premature aging. Collagen (left-handed spiral and epidermal framework) during the destruction of protein filaments stretches and becomes fragmented.
Beauticians with such age-related changes recommend contacting the salons where light therapy is performed.
Visually collagenarium is difficult to distinguish from a tanning booth. The difference is that light therapy does not imply the use of ultraviolet light during a cosmetic procedure.
Useful properties and effects of the procedure:
- increased elasticity of the epidermis with sagging and sagging;
- regulation of skin moisture content at all its levels;
- skin color improvement and tone leveling;
- elimination of pigmentation, freckles and rosacea (expansion of small vessels);
- elimination of black dots (comedones);
- facial skin cleansing with enlarged pores;
- drying areas of oily and combination skin;
- blockage from photoaging (reaction to the sun);
- lifting effect (tightening) of problem areas of the whole body;
- prevention of “orange peel” (cellulite);
- stimulation of blood circulation during tissue oxygen saturation;
- prevention of osteoporosis (improved metabolism);
- enhancing the effect of accompanying cosmetic procedures;
- prolongation of “beauty injections” (botox, restylane, hyaluronic acid).
Collagenaria allows you to adjust the structure of the skin with age-related changes and congenital (acquired) defects of the epithelium. Due to a decrease in the synthesis of collagen in the skin, starting from the age of 25, each person has signs of biodegradation in the form of facial wrinkles.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
The principle of collagenaria is similar to photorejuvenation. Due to the activation of epidermal cells to the regeneration process, the skin is restored, smoothing irregularities, smoothing skin tone. The process of light therapy involves placing the patient in a special booth (capsule), similar to a solarium.
Its equipment – lamps of 2 types of different power.
- Blue light wave with a range of 633 nm – prevention of acne (blackheads) and strengthening immunity.
- The red lamp implies deep penetration into all layers of the epidermis (up to 10/32 – 13/32 inch).
A similar exposure to rays with a range of 415 nm activates the synthesis of elastin and collagen, increases cell metabolism (by 150-200%) and complements the antimicrobial treatment of the skin with blue rays.
The main task of the procedure is through the influence of lamps to synthesize fibrillar protein in tissues and restore problem areas of the epidermis in a natural way.
The layers of the skin contain a large amount of moisture (50-70% water) and blood (up to 0,3 gallon in the plexus of the dermis). This physiological feature allows the outer cover of a person to rapidly absorb red waves. As a result, a photosynthesis reaction occurs, which in turn stimulates the production of elastin and collagen.
The skin supplied with oxygen is cleaned of toxins and toxins, after which the process of its regeneration (recovery) begins. There is an additional construction of collagens, which fill the formed voids-cracks in the skin.
The next stage of conversion in collagenaria is hydration (hydration) of the epidermis. The result of the announced procedure is an increase in the elasticity of the outer cover of a person.
Types of Collariums
Collagenarium (reviews of doctors about which will be provided) implies the use of 3 types of devices:
- Horizontal collarium (from 15-30 lamps). The visitor is located (in a supine position) in a special capsule. The gentle radiation mode allows you to evenly distribute light waves around the entire perimeter of the body.
- Vertical collarium (from 42-48 lamps). The voiced apparatus is a booth in which procedures are performed while standing. This option is more popular than horizontal collarium. The reason for this preference is that it is difficult for clients to stay upright during the procedure for a long time.
- Table collarium (from 10-15 lamps). A similar type of collarium is an alternative to professional booths in salons. The structure of the mini-device is 3 panels (two of them are movable) at 200 watts of power of the device. The time of the procedure at home is up to 25 minutes.
The effect and result of the procedure
Switzerland is a collagenarium developing country. According to social surveys (Piano Clinic, Switzerland), women positively evaluated the effectiveness of light therapy as follows:
- skin tightening throughout the body – 97% of clients;
- face-neck-decollete lifting – 89% of women;
- improvement of the general condition of the skin – 68% of clients.
The opinion of the domestic consumer is shared. Most clients of beauty salons note the disappearance of “stars” (vessel deformities on the face and body), anti-cellulite effect, smoothing wrinkles around the eyes and the elimination of postpartum stretch marks.
Some forum visitors voiced an additional plus from the collagenarium – a decrease in pain during menstruation and the normalization of the monthly cycle.
Dissatisfied with the procedure, clients consider the collagenrium a useless procedure. In most cases, women either do not undergo the full course of therapy, or do not use cosmetics to enhance the effect of red and blue rays on problem areas of the skin.
The effect and result of the procedures is manifested after undergoing a full course of light therapy. The first changes are observed after 10 visits to the salon: wrinkles are significantly smoothed out, and the skin tone evens out and becomes dull.
You should not wait for the result to be saved from the procedure for a long time. The effect of rejuvenation is actually observed within 3 months (in some cases for 6 months) after the sessions. If you want to extend the announced period, you need to visit the salon twice every 7 days after the main course of therapy. The duration of each procedure is 15 minutes.
It is enough for girls under 25 to use a moisturizing cream in the morning and evening to nourish the skin so that the epidermis finally looks well-groomed and healthy.
Unequivocal recommendations for the use of light therapy are the following indicators:
- loss of skin elasticity (sagging and sagging);
- excessive dryness of the epithelium (lack of moisture in the tissues);
- skin defects (age spots and freckles);
- Heliodermatitis (photoaging);
- cellulite and stretch marks on the body;
- acne and comedones;
- skin problems due to reduced immunity.
Collagenaria is prescribed regardless of the type of skin, its color, age and gender of the client.
The duration of therapy
The procedure itself lasts approximately 7-15 minutes. To achieve the maximum effect, it is recommended to undergo a full course of light therapy – 10 sessions.
Target setting affects the duration of collagenarium visits:
- revitalization of the skin – 10 sessions in 3-4 weeks;
- epidermis regeneration – 20 sessions (20 min each) in 5-7 weeks;
- sagging skin tightening – 30 sessions (20 min each) in 8-10 weeks.
The general rule for all courses of therapy is 2-3 sessions per week with a break of no more than 3-4 days. The duration of each session depends on the power of the lamps, so it is recommended to contact professional salons. In these institutions use lamps of 180 watts. The result is time and money saved.
Promoting the immediate effect after 100-200 minutes of light therapy is a publicized myth. To smooth out wrinkles for the voiced term is really exclusively for young girls with insignificant facial folds.
Callarium visit programs
Sounded target settings are necessary to achieve the following effect:
- Revitalization. The procedure normalizes metabolism, removes toxins and toxins from the body. With the activation of hydration and cellular nutrition, metabolism is accelerated. The result is an improvement in skin condition and toning.
- Regeneration. The goal of the second stage after rejuvenation is to heal problem areas of the skin and increase its moisture level. After the course, the upper cover acquires a healthy color. Elderly and congenital pigmentation is eliminated, pores are narrowed and comedones are removed.
- Lift The collagen structure of the skin requires constant strengthening. When the collagen production is activated, wrinkles and expression lines-kinks are filled, making the epidermis elastic without undue tension.
Cosmetics and natural effect enhancers
To improve the effect of the procedure, various cosmetics are used. They are designed to maximize the effect of red and blue lamps on the skin.
Recommended cosmetic products for collagenaria (before the procedure):
- cleansing cream to remove dirt from the skin;
- Vitamin-based scrub lotion for easy peeling;
- face serum to prepare the basis for light therapy;
- nourishing lotion for dry and flaky skin.
The composition of the products should be dominated by natural ingredients. The most popular medical cosmetics based on extracts from pomegranate, grape seed, lavender, hyaluronic acid and moisturizing oils.
Recommended amplifiers of the effect of light therapy after the procedure:
- spray or lotion for additional collagen production;
- restorative cream with a calming and cooling effect;
- strengthening serum after the procedure;
- lotion for additional alignment of the structure and color of the skin.
The basis of light therapy enhancers is trace elements, vitamins and natural substances useful for nourishing and moisturizing skin tissues.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Before the session, you should clean your face from cosmetics (makeup remover). A burn with collagenaria is excluded, because the procedure does not provide for exposure to skin ultraviolet radiation. Glasses are necessary because of the bright light in the capsule booth. For safety, it is recommended to consult a specialist for allergies to light.
In case of ophthalmic diseases (without unambiguous contraindications), additional eye protection should be used during the session.
Women who use laser hair removal should temporarily refrain from collagenaria. The interval between the two procedures should be at least 2-3 days. In the best case, such a combination will not cause significant harm to health.
The main warning – when choosing a salon, you must give preference to proven points to create beauty. Such centers sh
ould be equipped with modern equipment from well-known brands.
The warning that clients with tattoos are not allowed to resort to light therapy is a myth. Eyebrow and eyelid tattooing is also not a contraindication if you want to visit collagenarium. Practice shows that extended nails and eyelashes will not suffer during a session of light therapy.
Collagenarium, reviews of which doctors are unequivocal in terms of restrictions, is prohibited under the following factors:
- Oncological diseases. Light therapy is unacceptable with relapse and remission of this pathology.
- Tuberculosis. With collagenarium sessions, Koch’s bacillus is activated with a closed and open form of the disease.
- Pregnancy. In any trimester, a woman bearing a child is recommended to refrain from the voiced procedure.
- Lactation. For women with HBV, deep penetration of red rays into the epidermis of the chest is contraindicated.
- Porphyria. The sounded rare genetic pathology is associated with a violation of pigment metabolism, which makes light therapy a dangerous procedure.
- Epilepsy. Collagenaria is prohibited at any stage of the disease: in remission and with repeated seizures.
- Hyperthyroidism (thyrotoxicosis). With hyperthyroidism, it is dangerous to attend light therapy sessions. This disease involves taking Methotrexate, which can cause thyrotoxic porphyria.
- Photodermatosis. An allergy to sunlight causes the inadmissibility of a collagenarium course. Caution applies not only to people who can not tolerate sunlight exclusively in the summer.
- Liebman’s disease. With lupus erythematosus, the lesions of the skin are impressive. Excessive irritation of these areas will cause serious consequences.
- The proliferation of connective tissue. A predisposition to the occurrence of keloid scars is a direct contraindication for collagenarium.
Relative limitations of light therapy:
- excessive light sensitivity;
- conjunctivitis with relapse;
- the use of photoprotective drugs;
- taking photosensitizing medications;
- the use of some herbal preparations (St. John’s wort);
- reception of psychostimulating agents;
- diabetes mellitus type I-II.
Children from 14 years old with acne are allowed to light therapy procedures. The limitation is the permission of not only parents, but also the attending physician.
Feasible side effects
After visiting the collagenarium, the appearance of unpleasant symptoms is possible, from which no one is safe:
- increased work of the sebaceous glands (sweating);
- asthenopia (eye fatigue);
- migraine (headache);
- nausea (in severe cases – vomiting);
- redness of the skin (urticaria);
Collagenarium (doctors’ reviews indicate the safety and effectiveness of the procedure) in rare cases has side effects. Complications arise only when the client used the services of the salon with obvious contraindications to light therapy.
The average price varies depending on the and type of procedure ( $ 0,27 – $ 0,68 per 1 min).
In beauty salons approximate cost:
- 10 visits of 20 minutes – from $ 41 .;
- 20 sessions of 20 minutes – from $ 68 .;
- 30 visits of 20 minutes each – from $ 82.
The package includes glasses, stikini and slippers. Regular customers, as a rule, receive discounts and the opportunity to use an unlimited subscription.
At home, you can take care of your skin using special devices – portable devices for light therapy.
The most famous brands of collagenarium devices are as follows:
- GK – 480 – K8 / 515W (USA). Features of the model: compact for d / w / h 360 * 75 * 335, light weight ( 8 pounds), lamps of type K515 T5L Functions – tightening, moisturizing and smoothing the skin. Estimated cost – from $ 639.
- GK – 480. –K8 / 525W (USA). The weight of the device is 13 pounds, dimensions (d / w / h) – 590 * 75 * 335. Functions – smoothing the face tone in girls and eliminating age-related changes in women 35+. Estimated purchase amount – from $ 802.
- Castle (USA-Germany). Home vertical collagenarium is mounted on a door or wall. Thickness – 2 inch, 10 low-pressure lamps. Warranty period of operation – 15 years (6000 sessions). Fasteners and safety glasses included. Approximate price – from $ 1632.
- Seecret C25 (Netherlands). Product characteristics: weight – 6 pounds, power – 75 W, the presence of a timer and memory procedures. Estimated price – from $ 2176.
- Tonic Vibe / Weight – 11 pounds, the presence of 12 lamps, power – 200 watts. Estimated cost – from $ 476.
Realized models from well-known manufacturers can actually be obtained with home delivery and by installments (credit) in online mode.
Doctors’ comments about collagenaria are based on conclusions about the beneficial effects of the procedure on the skin. According to experts, light therapy effectively fights the aging of human epidermal cells and restores destroyed protein threads.
Doctors are unanimous in their opinion: the small power of the lamps and the even distribution of light over all parts of the body help to avoid burns. They recommend replacing a tanning bed with collagenarium for clients with thin and sensitive skin. Especially this recommendation applies to natural blondes and red-haired women.
Dermatologists and cosmetologists are advised to adhere to two rules: use professional cosmetics for collagenarium and undergo a full course of rejuvenation therapy.
The opinion of the doctor of medical sciences Fiorenzo Angehrn (Swiss Association of Anti-Aging Therapy) about collagenaria is unequivocal: “Inexpensive and effective therapy, which has greats.”
This view is supported by the Hungarian dermatologist Ferenc Godor. Expert opinion: “Collagenarium is a worthy alternative to pulsed light sources (IPL).”
Domestic doctors note the need for a systematic visit to the salon. Occasional cases of control of skin tone are a waste of energy and money.
Collagenaria (light therapy) is a unique cosmetic technology, during which the structure of the skin of the face and body is restored using a special preparation for collagen synthesis.
Despite the fact that the use of collagenaria is an opportunity to visually improve the skin structure without plastic surgery, doctors do not recommend replacing light therapy with the use of collagen creams on a regular basi
s. According to numerous reviews, such an alternative does not give a similar result.
How is the collagenization procedure: