Waxing is a way to get rid of hair on the body or face with a caramel ball or beeswax. The service in the cabin costs from $ 14. But the means and tools for hair removal at home can be bought in the online store and in the cosmetics store.
- Which is better: waxing or shugaring Method Differences
- Advantages of Waxing
- Types of Hair Removal Wax
- Hot wax
- Cold wax
- Possible complications
- Criteria for choosing wax for depilation
- The best means: names, prices
- How long should the hair be to remove
- The procedure for waxing various zones
- Preparation for the procedure
- Waxing Facial Hair: Step-by-Step Instructions
- On hands
- On foot
- In the armpits
- In the deep bikini zone
- Home Depilation Tools Recipes
- How to wash off wax
- How to suppress inflammation after depilation
- Who is suitable for waxing
- Video on the topic: waxing at home
Which is better: waxing or shugaring Method Differences
The choice of tools for waxing more: you can choose a product by type of hair and skin. Sugar or honey paste is used for shugaring, but this cannot be considered a plus: the harm of artificial additives in wax has not been proven. Shugaring is suitable for people with sensitive skin and thin hairs. There are no restrictions for waxing: the tougher the hair, the more titanium dioxide in the composition.
For wax depilation, you will need from 100 g of wax per 1 zone, for shugaring a ball of paste the size of a walnut is used, which makes the procedure economical. On the other hand, not everyone will cook pasta the first time – to learn how to shugaring, you will have to spend money.
If it is wrong to put your hand in the shugaring procedure, then the experience will be traumatic: there will be bruises, it will hurt. But the bandage technique of waxing is available even to beginners. Wax leaves a mark on the skin, unlike sugar paste. Shugaring does not cause characteristic redness, if the application technique is not broken.
Advantages of Waxing
Advantages of the method:
- the result lasts up to 4 weeks because the hairs have been removed with the root. Over time, the hair follicle becomes thinner: the hair becomes light, brittle and soft;
- razor irritation can last for several days, but waxing causes redness for only a couple of hours. The exception is cold wax;
- manufacturers offer a choice of wax for any type of skin and hair, and all the necessary accessories can be replaced with available means if desired;
- Depilation has an exfoliating effect. Some girls even use facial wax as a means of removing black spots from the wings of the nose;
- Depilation wax has moisturizing and soothing ingredients in the formula. Shaving with a machine, on the contrary, dries the skin, even if the design has strips with cream.
Waxing at home for the first time requires careful preparation. It is better to take a short course at the beautician. Every little thing is important: hand movement, composition of funds, care before and after the procedure.
The main disadvantages of waxing:
- Pain, of course, cannot be called dignity. Fortunately, after each procedure, discomfort is reduced. Although it is better to drink an analgesic before the first procedure.
- Wax is rarely allergenic, and yet this risk cannot be ruled out.
- Waxing often causes hair regrowth. This is due to increased growth of horny skin flakes after the procedure: weakened hair simply cannot break through. But the problem is solved by the use of special cosmetics, the list is below.
- Waxing is not carried out with varicose veins.
- You can not carry out the procedure on the skin with warts and papillomas.
- Depilation is not carried out for pregnant girls.
Types of Hair Removal Wax
Wax is selected depending on:
- depilated area;
- hair type;
- skin sensitivity level.
Wax differs not only in composition, but also in the form of release. The main techniques for waxing 2: bandage (paper is applied to the wax) and classic. Distinguish between cold, warm (film) and hot wax. Manufacturers offer friable, creamy wax in cartridges and strips. Warm wax is also sometimes called wax.
- Pellet wax, the preparation of which requires the so-called wax wax (a heated tank), is used to get rid of vegetation on the face and body.
- For depilation, cartridges with a narrow nozzle and warm wax without a band are preferred, if we are talking about sensitive areas.
- Hot wax is chosen for procedures on the back, arms and legs, and strips of cold wax – for depilation on the face and legs.
Used in the form of a cartridge, more often – granules. For different options you need a different wax.
The peculiarity is that the wax is pressed against a strip of paper, and then removed with it. At home, a wax bath or a microwave will replace the waxcloth, and the stripes will be replaced with plain paper or fabric. For application, any spatula is suitable.
Re-apply wax, if the layer is not thick enough, you can only use a spatula. When applying the 2nd layer, the cartridge causes injury!
Cold waxes are called wax strips that make popular brands like Veet. This is the most painful, but also the most affordable way.
Before use, the wax strip is heated in the hands.
It is necessary to read on the package for which zone of the strip: for depilation of the face small strips with a special composition of wax are produced.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Rarely, but complications sometimes arise:
- if the wax does not fit the type of skin or hair, then irritation may remain, and wax depilation itself will leave excess hair;
- with the wrong technique, injuries are inevitable;
- with inexperience, the procedure takes much longer than other methods of getting rid of unwanted hair;
- without wax, the product is easily ruined by high temperature;
- superheated wax causes burns;
- without post-care hair can grow.
Criteria for choosing wax for depilation
Film (warm) wax is suitable for sensitive skin in the intimate and armpit area. Choosing a warm wax eliminates the risk of burns. Strips are not needed for use, but they are still convenient to use.
|Kind of wax||Release form||For which zone||For what type of hair / skin||Feature|
|Cold||Wax on finished strips||Face, bikini area, armpits, legs and arms||Thin and rare curls (not suitable for large accumulations of hair)||Easy technique, but painful|
|Warm||In banks||Hands-legs||Sensitive skin||Soft and translucent|
|Hot||In granules||Sensitive areas and large areas||No limits. The harder the hair, the more titanium dioxide in the composition||Requires bandage technique|
The best means: names, prices
|Follyvite||Up to $ 2,72. (sold at the pharmacy)||Hair grows 2 times slower and does not grow|
|Gloria||Up to $ 10,88. (sold at the pharmacy)||Sugar paste without synthetic materials (alternative to warm wax)|
|White line||Up to $ 4,08. (sold at the pharmacy)||Threaded strips for a bandage|
|Cortisone 1%||Up to $ 1,36. (sold at the pharmacy)||Prevention of redness and swelling|
|All kinds of Depileve waxes||$ 1 – $ 7.||Quality wax, a variety of formulas|
For sensitive skin, cosmetologists recommend wax with chamomile, aloe vera and ylang-ylang extract. For stiff hair choose wax with shea butter or manoe. The “sea” and “platinum” formulas will take care of the normal type of hair.
How long should the hair be to remove
Beauticians call the length from 6/32 inch to 13/32 inch. If unwanted hair is longer than 13/32 inch, it is better to use scissors or a special trimmer to trim them.
Wax shorter than 6/32 inch the wax will not catch, and too long will become tangled and intensify the pain.
The procedure for waxing various zones
Preparation for the procedure
Waxing at home excludes a visit to the solarium and long exposure to the sun. It is also recommended to clean the surface for the procedure and exfoliate the skin (excluding the bikini and axilla areas). Wax is selected depending on the type of skin, and tools are selected depending on the method chosen. If the paper for depilation is in a roll, it is more convenient to cut it in advance.
For waxing you will need:
- cotton buds and discs;
- bandage paper;
- micellar water or alcohol-free lotion.
Regardless of the depilation area, the skin is pre-degreased with lotion or micellar water so that the hair adheres well to the wax. Talc will complete the degreasing and raise the hairs – they powder the skin immediately before applying the wax.
Waxing Facial Hair: Step-by-Step Instructions
Phased hair removal:
- the procedure begins with the already described degreasing;
- then the wax is applied with a cotton swab along the hairline, the layer thickness is 3/32 inch. To make it convenient to cling to the strip, wax is applied close to the hairline;
- you need to wait until the wax hardens – no longer than 1 min .;
- tear off the strip like a plaster: in no case should you pull the wax strip in the direction away from you! Only against the hairline;
- complete the procedure by applying face cream.
Depilation will cause redness, so it is better to plan it long before leaving the house.
Removing facial hair with wax. Depilation of the upper lip and chin:
The procedure is the same, but with the exception that wax strips ar
e suitable for hands. Cold wax is first melted with warm hands, then tightly pressed to the skin and removed, after 30 seconds.
Waxing at home on the feet is the easiest procedure for a beginner to implement.
Any execution technique is suitable: it is only important to remember that safety precautions are followed:
- wax temperature is pre-checked on the wrist;
- wax is applied in the direction of hair growth, and removed – against.
In the armpits
During the procedure, it is easy to get dirty with leaked wax, so it is better to wrap yourself in a towel or put on clothes that you do not mind spoiling.
During depilation of the armpit, it is important to remember the following:
- in some people, hair in this area grows in different directions. You can’t rush, because the wax is applied strictly in the direction of hair growth. Do not rush, it is better to apply it a little bit;
- the wax in this zone is used the same as for the body;
- a few hours after wax depilation, you can not use a deodorant;
- if the procedure is too painful, the wax is removed with oil or night cream, and unwanted hair is shaved off.
In the deep bikini zone
Waxing at home will not cause difficulties if film (warm) wax is suitable: in this case, strips of paper are not needed. Such a wax is safe for the mucosa and always contains moisturizing and soothing plant components.
Recommended for depilation in the bikini area:
- Ibuprofen or another analgesic, which is drunk one and a half hours before depilation, will help to cope with painful sensations;
- remain in the underwear during the procedure: the underwear line helps you to decide which hair to remove. Choose cotton underwear so as not to irritate the skin;
- if there is a desire to completely remove hair, an ordinary mirror will help: no part of the zone will be left without care;
- if the hair still remains, they can be removed with tweezers. Wipe the tweezers with alcohol.
Home Depilation Tools Recipes
Recipe for Shugaring Paste:
- 10 tablespoon of sugar (with a slide) are mixed with the juice of half a lemon. Honey is added as desired. The mixture is placed in an enameled pan over medium heat,
- the mixture is constantly stirred. When the bubbles cover the entire surface of the caramel, the fire is reduced to low;
- they put a small plate of water next to it and check the readiness of the caramel, without stopping stirring. When a drop of caramel in water becomes like plasticine, the paste is ready;
- if caramel is soluble in water or does not hold its shape, then it is not ready,
- removing the pan from the heat, stir the paste until the bubbles disappear;
- Now the paste can be poured into plastic dishes and wait for cooling to a pleasant temperature.
The recipe for salt scrub against ingrown hair:
- 2 parts of fine-grained salt are mixed with part of the cream. Organic oil is added to bring the mixture to a creamy consistency,
- apply the product to the skin during a shower. The mixture should be homogeneous,
- wash off the scrub and apply a greasy cream or oil to the treated skin,
How to wash off wax
Wax will not be washed off with water. To do this, use a fat cream, vegetable oil (preferably olive) or micellar water. Beauty stores sell special oiled napkins.
Wax could remain on the skin for the following reasons:
- it spreads over the skin due to being overheated;
- the wax layer was thicker than 3/32 inch.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
How to suppress inflammation after depilation
Inflammation occurs due to improper hand positioning, the use of low-quality wax, or because after the procedure, care cosmetics (foam, gel or cream) were not applied. If there is no special tool at hand, then any cream or lotion without aggressive chemical components will do.
It is desirable that the composition has anti-inflammatory effect:
- aloe vera;
Who is suitable for waxing
The procedure is valued for its long-term effect and affordability.
If the hair is prone to active growth, then wax depilation is repeated every 2 weeks.
In other cases, you can perform depilation once a month. The pain decreases with each new procedure, as does the amount of hair. They become thinner, lighter and softer.
Tools for waxing at home are sold in many stores, have a low cost. The hair removal technique is available for mastering through courses at cosmetology salons and through video tutorials.
Video on the topic: waxing at home
How to carry out wax depilation at home: