Every girl who dreams of a slim figure is in search of an effective method to achieve beautiful forms. Vacuum roller massage is used in many salons and is a procedure that allows you to change the condition of the skin and body. In order for the procedure to give a positive result, you should understand all the nuances and contraindications to its implementation.
- The principle of operation of vacuum-roller massage
- How the vacuum apparatus works
- Indications and Expected Results
- Advantages and disadvantages of the technique
- Massage algorithm
- Contraindications to massage in different parts of the body
- For the back
- For buttocks
- On the stomach
- On arms and legs
- On the face
- Is it possible to massage during pregnancy and lactation
- Are bruises and bursting capillaries the norm
- Side effects
- Possible consequences and complications
- Useful videos on vacuum-roller massage and its effectiveness
The principle of operation of vacuum-roller massage
The procedure should be performed in salon or medical conditions where an LPG apparatus is present. Vacuum roller massage (contraindications to it are indicated later in the article) is designed to activate the processes taking place in the field of connective tissue. The procedure restores the body through the action of stimuli in the form of a vacuum and rollers.
Due to manipulation, the metabolism and blood circulation in the tissues improves.
Massage helps improve oxygen permeability in the blood, which allows nutrients to enter the cells. Exposure to lymph normalizes metabolism and promotes the withdrawal of excess fluid. As a result, cellulite deposits go away. Fat cells break during massage, so the body takes on a sophisticated outline.
How the vacuum apparatus works
The vacuum apparatus is equipped with special nozzles in which a vacuum is created. Thus, the rollers draw in a portion of the skin, thereby acting on it. Depending on the purpose of the massage, different power of the device can be used.
Not only the result obtained, but also the condition of the skin after the procedure depends on what power is selected. In some cases, the wrong technique can lead to the formation of abrasions and bursting vessels.
Indications and Expected Results
It is widely believed that massage eliminates only cellulite, but in practice it is used for other purposes:
- muscle strengthening. This procedure is popular among professional athletes who recover from injuries or strengthen their body before competitions. Experts recommend vacuum massage to people with sedentary work;
- fight against excess weight, the destruction of body fat;
- helps to remove scars, scars and stretch marks. Improves skin tone, thereby reducing the risk of sagging skin as a result of weight fluctuations or age-related changes;
- appointed after surgical interventions, in particular for recovery as a result of plastic surgery. Massage helps relieve swelling, eliminates bruises, and also contributes to the active work of the lymphatic system.
The first result of the vacuum-roller massage becomes noticeable in the middle of the prescribed course. The skin has a more uniform structure, becomes toned and supple.
Advantages and disadvantages of the technique
Vacuum therapy has several advantages, so it is often used for cosmetic and medicinal purposes.
The main advantages:
- the vacuum apparatus is individually configured for the patient, depending on the indications for the procedure;
- the first results are not long in coming. After 3-4 procedures, the skin condition changes for the better;
- combined with other cosmetic and medical procedures;
- safe for health.
- during the procedure, the girl may feel pain and discomfort in the treated area of the skin;
- has contraindications, so you should consult your doctor;
- the wrong massage technique is fraught with the formation of bruises on the body;
- Sensitive skin care should be taken with vacuum massage techniques.
Depending on the type of equipment, massage can be carried out: on a naked body (the girl stays in underwear) or using a special elastic suit.
The patient is placed on the couch, and the specialist begins the vacuum-roller massage procedure:
- To begin with, lymph nodes are processed. This allows you to improve metabolism in the body.
- Depending on the place of massage, the nozzles of the apparatus are moved along certain lines. During the procedure, the power changes in order to better work out the problem areas. It is important to monitor the sensations during the procedure and inform the master if severe pain is present.
- The direction of massage goes from the outflow of venous blood to the lymph nodes.
The duration of the procedure is no more than 1 hour. It is not recommended to exceed the specified time, as the risk of damaging the skin increases.
To improve the result of massage, you should adhere to these rules:
- establish a diet;
- drink at least 0,4 gallon of water per day;
- refrain from eating 1 hour before and after the massage;
- supplement the massage procedure with physical exercises;
- quit smoking and drinking alcohol.
Contraindications to massage in different parts of the body
Vacuum roller massage (contraindications are given individually for each treated area) requires training, which primarily consists in choosing a clinic and specialist.
For the back
The back is an important part of the human body, as it is responsible for movement. Regular massage is necessary for this area, as it avoids a number of problems and saturates the body with new strength.
However, there are a number of contraindications for conducting vacuum massage on the back:
- oncological diseases;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- renal failure;
- bone tuberculosis;
- ulcerative formations of internal organs.
One of the problematic parts of many women’s buttocks, they need special care, as they accumulate fat and cellulite in themselves.
In order for the procedure to give a positive result, it should be remembered in which cases it is contraindicated:
- deviations in the work of internal organs;
- oncological diseases;
- pathology of the heart;
- viral diseases of an acute nature.
On the stomach
Massage on the abdomen is contraindicated mainly due to the presence of diseases of the internal organs:
- the presence of stones in the bladder and gall bladder;
- to have other skin diseases;
- the presence of large moles and warts on the treated surface;
- inflammation of the lymphatic system;
- injuries to internal organs;
- after childbirth, cesarean section or abortion.
On arms and legs
Contraindications to vacuum-roller massage on the arms and legs can be associated with the problem of blood circulation, as well as the presence of skin diseases:
- violation of lymphatic and venous patency;
- varicose veins in advanced stages.
It should be remembered that the presence of small varicose “nodules” in the patient does not prohibit the procedure, since the specialist simply avoids these areas during massage.
On the face
Contraindications to vacuum-roller massage on the face are skin problems:
- the presence of cuts, scratches or unhealed wounds;
- many moles;
- sensitive skin, prone to fragility of blood vessels;
- Do not massage on areas with inflammation.
Is it possible to massage during pregnancy and lactation
Vacuum massage, unlike can massage, can be used in the first half of pregnancy. The vacuum technique contributes to a high-quality study of tissues, which is important for the state of the body in the first months of pregnancy. This technique is used to combat toxicosis. Due to the effect on the body, excess toxins are eliminated, metabolic processes improve, swelling goes away.
The general condition of the expectant mother is significantly improved.
Vacuum roller massage, to which contraindications during pregnancy are absolute, cannot be performed in case of:
- cardiovascular disease;
- skin fungus;
- purulent inflammation.
During lactation, the use of vacuum massage is allowed only 3 months after the birth of the baby. The procedure effectively fights stretch marks, cellulite and excess weight that appears during the gestation of the child.
Are bruises and bursting capillaries the norm
The use of vacuum during massage is fraught with the formation of extravasates (spots). Destruction of the vascular walls is a common occurrence, since vacuum implies a strong pulling of the skin into the apparatus. As a result, capillaries may not withstand pressure and burst.
A bruise remains on the affected area, which should disappear in a few days. A qualified specialist must take into account the characteristics of the patient’s skin and choose a technique that will not cause a traumatic effect, since the essence of the massage is aimed at improving the skin.
Despite the benefits of massage, there are a number of side effects:
- bursting vessels;
- the formation of red and cyanotic spots.
Ideally, the damaged area heals in a few days. With each subsequent procedure, the walls of the vessels will be strengthened, respectively, the sensitivity to damage will decrease. By 5-6, the spots completely disappear and do not appear anymore, this indicates normalization of blood circulation.
Possible consequences and complications
The table shows the main complications caused by vacuum massage and the reasons for their appearance:
|The effect of massage||Cause|
|Bruising||Violation of the integrity of the capillaries, the wrong massage technique. Perhaps the specialist did not take into account the peculiarities of the sensitivity of the patient’s skin; accordingly, the power of the device was chosen incorrectly.|
|Oil allergy||Individual intolerance to the components. To avoid this situation, an allergy test is performed before the session.|
|Annoyance||Incorrect movement of the device during massage, strong squeezing of the skin, high power of the device or increased session time.|
Vacuum roller massage is a common procedure due to its useful properties and the availability of equipment for its implementation. The implementation of general health manipulations allows you to remove defects, give the skin a healthy look and saturate with vitamins. However, you should remember about contraindications, which can harm and aggravate the course of the disease.
Useful videos on vacuum-roller massage and its effectiveness
The advantages of vacuum-roller massage and the principle of its action: