Stretching exercises should be a component of any workout, regardless of whether the goal of the lesson is to gain muscle mass, lose weight or want to sit on the splits.
- Why do you need stretching
- Best time to practice
- How to do a warm-up before stretching for children, beginners
- The most effective twine stretching exercises
- Crease exercises
- Longitudinal half-twine
- Double twisting
- Tilts with hands “in the castle” behind
- Tilts to one leg
- Bending forward with legs open
- Deep lunges forward
- Deep lunge with tibia raising
- Standing Stretch
- Side Stretch
- Vertical twine
- Twine with support
- Standing exercises
- Sitting exercises
- How to sit on a transverse twine
- Technique for performing longitudinal twine
- How often and how much time do you need to train
- Precautions During Training
- Video stretching exercises
Why do you need stretching
Twine is not only beauty and grace, it is also a huge benefit. Thanks to the flexible and plastic muscles, the body becomes sturdier, more attractive and retains youth longer.
First of all, stretching is recommended to be done in conjunction with other exercises to reduce pain.
How stretching affects the body:
- stimulates blood circulation;
- develops body flexibility;
- relieves tension in the body;
- eliminates the risk of muscle strain.
Often, during sports training, stretching is neglected. But stretching exercises are very important for strengthening muscles. Any workout must be completed with a stretching hitch.
Despite the many positive effects on the body, there are the following contraindications for stretching:
- serious spinal injuries;
- too frequent back pain;
- inflammation of the joints (especially the hip);
- severe bruises;
- high blood pressure;
- pregnancy (you can allow classes, but with caution and under the supervision of a trainer for pregnant women).
Contraindications also include discomfort during stretching. If sharp pain occurs during training, or a crunch is often heard, then you must stop the session. Also, do not stretch if you have recently healed fractures and injuries without consulting a surgeon.
Best time to practice
Stretching exercises for twine can be performed at any time of the day, but taking into account some features of the body. In the morning, you can stretch, as a morning exercise, performing the most gentle movements.
Thus, the body will wake up and be filled with energy. A more thorough training is best done in the afternoon. By evening, the muscles will be prepared for stretching, and the lesson will be more effective.
Stretching can also be done as an additional workout or workout. For example, if you stretch out before strength training, then doing the exercises will be easier. After strength training, stretching helps to relax and get rid of pain in the muscles.
How to do a warm-up before stretching for children, beginners
Before starting the workout, you should thoroughly warm up the muscles. To do this, you need to warm up both for children and adults, and even for those who have long been sitting on the splits. That’s what, in no case, can not be neglected, so this is a warming up workout.
Before stretching, children should be given at least 10 minutes to warm up.
You can perform the following exercises:
- step in a circle, slowly accelerating and turning into a run;
- raising and lowering hands, standing still, to restore breathing after running;
- bends to the legs, forward and backward;
- torso rotation;
- rotation of knees brought together;
- rotation of the feet.
Warm up for adults:
- jumping rope (can be without, in place);
- wide squats;
- standing inclinations;
- slopes of the body while sitting;
- butterfly exercise.
The most effective twine stretching exercises
Twine stretching exercises come in all levels of difficulty.
However, there are several exercises, the most effective, the regular implementation of which will help to sit on the splits, even the most non-plastic people:
- exercise “fold”;
- double twisting;
- bends with hands “in the lock” behind the back;
- bending to the legs;
- leaning forward;
- deep lunges (forward and with raising the lower leg);
- stretching while standing.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
Exercise is a deep inclination of the body to straight legs. During the exercise, the spine and hind muscles of the thighs are stretched. Performing a “fold” contributes to the active stretching of the muscles, as well as the muscles of the abdomen.
Do the exercise while sitting on the floor:
- legs need to be brought together;
- straighten in front of you;
- arms extended in front;
- body stretch to the legs;
- need to stay in this position for 15 seconds;
- then return to the original.
An ideal exercise when the body is completely on its feet.
Longitudinal half-twine helps to better stretch the muscles, preparing them for a complete longitudinal twine.
For the correct execution of the longitudinal half-twine you need:
- sit on the floor, turning the body to the right;
- fold the right leg in the knee, and stretch the left leg behind the body;
- transfer your own weight to the folded right leg;
- stretch your head up and maintain this position until strong tension.
This is a longitudinal half-twine to the right foot. The same thing needs to be repeated, folding the left leg.
When performing double twisting, the oblique muscles of the abdomen, back and legs are stretched. The technique at first seems very easy, but after several repetitions, the effect of the lesson is felt.
To complete the exercise you need:
- sit on the floor, legs wide apart;
- first, pull the foot of the right leg toward you, bending the leg at the knee;
- grab the left knee with your right hand;
- remove the left hand on the back of the head and turn the body to the left.
Then repeat the same, folding the left leg and turning the body to the right.
Tilts with hands “in the castle” behind
Twine stretching exercises are best started with simple workouts, for example, tilting with your arms “in the lock”. This exercise works on the shoulder gird
le, back muscles and hind muscles. Helps the body warm up to perform more difficult exercises.
Starting position: standing, legs at shoulder level:
- hands behind the back need to be joined in the lock and slowly bend back with the body;
- after there is a noticeable tension in the chest and over the knees, without disengaging the arms, lower the body down;
- you need to straighten your arms “in the lock” to raise perpendicular to the body;
- strive to ensure that the breasts touch the hips;
- in this position, you need to linger for 5 seconds and return to the original position.
Tilts to one leg
Inclination to the leg helps to stretch the back muscles of the legs, lower back muscles. These are the muscles that will work when doing the twine. Do the exercise slowly and stretch so that it is comfortable and not painful.
To perform bends to the leg you need:
- sit on the floor;
- stretch your legs together;
- place the right foot on the left thigh so that the right knee rests on the floor;
- Arms apart, and alternately, with each hand, try to reach the left foot;
- stretching with one hand to the foot linger for 5 seconds;
- return to starting position and reach with the other hand;
- then repeat the same with the other bent leg.
Bending forward with legs open
Leans forward with legs open are performed sitting on the floor:
- legs wide apart, you need to touch the floor with your chest;
- To do this, you can turn the hips inward and put the pelvis forward;
- to stay in position, you can grab the feet with your hands;
- You need to repeat this exercise every workout.
Deep lunges forward
Deep lunges better than any other exercise pull leg muscles. In addition, they perfectly tighten the gluteal muscles.
To execute, you need:
- lunge with the right foot, lower the left on the knee;
- put your hands on the floor and place your right foot between your hands so that there is a tendon tension under the knee;
- a little linger, change your leg.
Deep lunge with tibia raising
Do the exercise by the wall:
- make a normal lunge with one leg;
- toe against the wall with the toe of the other leg, and with the knee on the floor;
- thanks to the raised lower leg, the muscles of the buttocks and thighs will stretch.
Twine stretching exercises are power. With force stretching, instead of pressure on the muscles with a body weight, stretching occurs with the use of hand force, for example.
In a standing position it is necessary:
- first bend one leg at the knee, then stretch to the side;
- take the foot of the extended leg in the arm, and pull the leg up;
It is worth noting that this exercise is designed for beginners, since not everyone can raise a leg in the air. But if you manage to perform a power stretch, then sit on the twine will also work out soon.
Exercises in the side bar are some of the most difficult to perform, due to the fact that it is difficult to maintain balance, but the most effective.
- stand on the side bar, resting on the left leg and arm;
- raise your right leg up;
- grab the leg with your right hand, preferably by the foot;
Most likely, it will not work right away, but you need to try.
Vertical twine is partially similar to a power stretch in a standing position.
Similarly, you need:
- lift one leg into the air, as high as possible;
- body down to the other leg.
The exercise is quite difficult, you do not need to try to do it right away. This is actually twine, just upright. To do vertical twine, of course, will succeed only after sufficient time for classes.
Twine with support
Before you sit on the twine for the first time, it is best to try with support. As support, you can use a brick, a small ball, a fitness cube or a towel folded several times.
- make a deep attack;
- Put “insurance” under the thigh of the leg, which is in front of the body;
- body weight should be shifted to the hind leg;
- stretch the front leg as much as possible;
Performing twine with support, you can learn to maintain balance, as well as feel the progress from training.
The most popular stretching exercises are usually hard to do, so you should start training with simple twine stretch marks.
Standing, you can perform the following exercises:
- swing your legs (forward, backward, to the sides) – you can perform the exercise with your hand on a wall or chair. If obtained without support, even better;
- body tilts – legs should be placed shoulder width apart, palms should be taken at the elbows and you should bend down as much as possible. Try to touch the hips with your chest;
- lunges to the sides – legs apart, arms crossed across the chest. Perform smooth lunges from one side to the other;
- bridge against the wall – stand against the wall, raise your hands up and put your hands on the wall. Slowly lower your body back, helping yourself with your hands. Perhaps the first time you can’t get down to the floor, the main thing is to prevent uncomfortable sensations in the back.
In a sitting position, you can also do several high-quality exercises that will help to stretch and relax:
- Breeding feet – sitting on your knees, spread your feet to the sides, without shifting the knees. Then sit between the feet. In this position, stay until the tension in the hips intensifies .;
“Butterfly” with a slope – the exercise “butterfly” is performed by all gymnasts and dancers. To perform, you need to sit on the floor, and connect the feet with each other
. Difficult knees, abruptly lower and raise, feeling the tension of the inner thigh. Then deeply tilt the case forward and linger.
- Raising the leg while sitting is not a simple exercise, but effective. You need to sit down, stretch your legs in front of you. With two hands, take one foot and slowly pull up.
How to sit on a transverse twine
Before you try to sit on the transverse twine, you need to carefully prepare.
First you need:
- take a hot bath, so the muscles warm up and will be completely ready for stretching;
- then you need to warm up well, 10-15 minutes of cardio training (running, jumping rope, jumping) will do;
- another 5 to 10 minutes of strength training to warm up;
- After warming up, it is necessary to stretch all muscle groups, performing exercises for stretching.
Only after preparation, you can try to sit on the twine.
To do this, you need:
- sit on the floor;
- put your hands on the floor;
- raise the pelvis and slowly sit on the twine;
Do not forget about proper, deep breathing. If the twine has turned out, then you need to linger in the twine for 20-30 seconds, then rest and, if desired, repeat.
Technique for performing longitudinal twine
The most common mistake when doing longitudinal twine is the incorrect location of the leg behind the body. If performed incorrectly, damage to the hip joint can be obtained.
In the correct twine, the foot of the foot allotted to the body should be turned strictly inward. The foot should not be pulled to the side. Particular attention should be paid to the knee, which also should not look to the side, only down. Correct longitudinal twine should be done in the upright position.
How often and how much time do you need to train
There is a myth that with frequent and lengthy workouts, you can sit on the twine for 30 days. It is not true.
Even the most flexible person by nature needs to train for a long time in order to master the splits, at least 3-4 months. For people who are not plastic, the terms are extended up to a year, depending on individual characteristics.
In order to sit on the twine you need to do stretching regularly, at least 3 times a week. If you stretch less often, then there will be no effect. Too often you can’t exercise either, because your muscles need time to recover. The best option for beginners to train every other day.
In the future, you can do stretching daily, but alternating: one day to actively train, the second day to stretch as a warm-up or morning exercise.
The optimal time for classes is 40 minutes. Even if you do stretching daily, but for 10 minutes, you can not sit on the twine at all. After 10 minutes of stretching, the muscles only have time to warm up, and after training for 30 minutes, you can wait for the result. It is also worth remembering the rest after stretching, it is better to rest for at least 20 minutes.
Sample exercise plan:
|Exercise||Number of repetitions||Duration (sec.) In static mode|
Tilts with hands “in the castle”
Tilts to one leg
5 times on each side
4 times forward and backward
5 times on each leg
5 times on each leg
5 times on each leg
3 times on each side
3 to 4
3 to 4
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Precautions During Training
Any workout can be hazardous if precautionary measures are not followed.
Before preparing to sit on the twine, you need to remember the following rules:
- When doing stretching or twine, you can not make jerks. All movements should be smooth and slow. For any pain, you need to stop the exercise.
- Not just like that, all the elements of training are recommended to be performed with a straight back. By doing the exercise correctly, spinal damage can be avoided.
- Knees require special attention. The knee joints must not be allowed to be stressed.
- You can’t stretch without a warm-up. This is the most important rule. Failure to comply with this rule threatens torn muscle tissue.
- If you often have pain in the spine or hip joints, you should consult your doctor. Perhaps training is contraindicated or require an individual approach.
Stretching exercises need to be done carefully, but surely, in order to achieve maximum results and twine the net.
Video stretching exercises
Dynamic stretching exercises: