Beautiful and well-groomed hands with a bright, or, conversely, restrained manicure, make a pleasant impression on others. If there is no time for the artwork of the master in the salon, you can decorate your nails and at home. To do this, you need to master the technique of how to choose stickers on the nails and glue them correctly.
- Benefits of Nail Stickers
- Where to buy nail stickers
- What finger nails to stick stickers on, design
- Preparatory stage
- Application technology for gel polish
- Shellac stickers
- Self Adhesive Water Stickers
- Stickers to be torn off later
- Adhesive Stickers
- Full-size water sliders
- Broken glass
- Foil Products
- 3D stickers
- Shellac stickers
- Photo print
- Gold stickers
- Velvet stickers
- Reasons for peeling sliders
- The drawing is not bright enough or almost imperceptible
- Finishing Chips
- Pattern peel off topcoat
- The sticker does not completely adhere to the nail plate
- Video about stickers in manicure
Benefits of Nail Stickers
The commitment of nail design fans to the stickers is explained by the fact that:
- Using stickers is not difficult, just follow all the rules described, for example, in video format.
- The relatively low price often allows you to change the design of the nails and always remain original.
- Manicure will no longer be dull and boring. It offers fashionistas a whole range of design elements and textures.
- Designing nails is quick and easy, as the stickers do not need time to dry.
Where to buy nail stickers
Stores specializing in the sale of tools and accessories for nail bars and beauty salons have a wide range of stickers. Also, sticker kits can be ordered on the Internet, but it will take more time, although it will be much more profitable in price and assortment of choice.
Stickers on nails (how to glue them and create original options, will be described below) differ by the method of applying to the surface of the nail:
- Heat-treated film – part of the required shape is cut out of the tape and attached to the nail with hot air from the hair dryer. Stability lasts for 7-10 days.
- Water stickers – for their application, the cut-out fragment is lowered into warm water, gently shifted from paper substrates and transferred to the nail. A cotton swab removes excess moisture. The design nail is coated with a protective colorless layer on top.
- Glue – based stickers – cut out the necessary part of the picture and remove it from the substrates. Next, the sticker is carefully glued to the nail and covered with an upper protective layer.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
What finger nails to stick stickers on, design
Sticking stickers on nails as a professional is easy. The main thing is to choose a suitable style that will not seem vulgar. When choosing the fingers on which the stickers will be applied, it is important to know the measure and create a tasteful design.
Not guided by the principle “the more the better.”
- In the presence of large and long nail plates, you can design all the nails in the “smile” zone.
- A short nail plate involves the use of stickers on 1-2 fingers (for example, a large and anonymous). This is important in order not to overload and not to weight the nail visually.
- Decoration for a special occasion may involve an elegant design using rhinestones and voluminous jewelry. In this case, it is also important to observe the measure and be guided by a sense of style. For volumetric jewelry, the location on the ring finger in combination with a suitable coating on other nails is considered optimal.
- Color and pictures can be selected for the season, events, age and personal preferences.
The preparatory phase is a set of the following actions:
- Nails are cleaned from the previous design.
- The cuticle is cut off or pushed back, all impurities are cleaned, both on the surface of the nail and under it.
- The nails are given the desired shape with a file.
- The surface of the nails is treated with a polishing buff.
- Nails are degreased with an alcohol-containing compound.
- If necessary, a layer of base varnish is applied to each nail.
- Necessary tools and devices are also being prepared.
Application technology for gel polish
After preparing each nail for a manicure with a sticker for shellac, the following actions are performed:
- After applying the base coat, you need to dry your nails under an ultraviolet lamp.
- The next step will be shellac coating and also dry.
- The sticker is applied to the nail and the protective layer is removed from it.
- After fixing the sticker on the nails, the finisher is applied and dried under the lamp.
Stickers on nails, how to glue them on shellac, how to dry them – all these aspects are discussed in detail below. Water-based stickers are considered the most suitable stickers for shellac coating. Transfer stickers and photo prints have worked well. An important condition is a flat and smooth surface of the nail plate.
In this case, the sticker will look good.
- Nails are pre-processed.
- The following is a base coat and shellac coating.
- Everything is dried under the lamp.
- The resulting sticky layer is removed.
- The sticker is applied to the nail, straightened and fixed.
- Sticker nails are covered with a top.
This manicure lasts a long and reliable.
Self Adhesive Water Stickers
After the preparatory phase described above, it is necessary to prepare:
- A small cup of warm water.
- Fixing varnish.
You need to do the following:
- Try on nail stickers if full coverage is planned.
- Apply a base coat of varnish to the nail.
- Lower the stickers into the water and wait until they are ready to be removed from the protective layer.
- Carefully pick up the sticker with tweezers and attach to the nail.
- Excess moisture from the sticker is removed with a napkin or cotton pad.
- It is important to handle the sticker carefully, spreading and stretching the image on the nail.
- Next, a finishing fixing layer is applied.
Stickers to be torn off later
Tear-off stickers are usually a piece of thin foil that covers the entire nail or certain parts of it. For this, special manicure glue is used.
Here is one design option:
- A base coat is applied to prepared nails.
- After drying, glue should be applied. It is usually transparent white immediately after application.
- Within 30-40 seconds the glue becomes transparent.
- A layer of foil is glued onto a transparent base, gently straightened and smoothed with an orange stick.
- Then the excess foil gently comes off the nail.
- The final step on the nail is applied top.
For such a design, only a special manicure foil is suitable. It is necessary to work with it carefully, as it is very thin and easily torn.
Stickers on nails (how to glue them without a special adhesive coating on the back) suggest the use of special manicure glue. With its help, volume and heavy jewelry for nails are fixed.
Usually glue is supplied in the kit and it is better to use it.
- After the primary treatment of the nail and applying the base, glue is applied to the nail.
- After a few seconds (the exposure time should be indicated in the instructions), decor elements are applied to the adhesive surface and firmly pressed to the nail.
- If necessary, the entire design is covered with a clear coat of clearcoat.
It’s easy to work with products that are transferred to the surface of the nail plate:
- A film, soaked in water and separated from the base, is applied to the prepared nail surface.
- With tweezers or a cotton swab, the sticker is neatly distributed over the surface.
- Fixing varnish is applied on top.
Full-size water sliders
Sliders are sold in 2 versions:
- Ready-made forms for nails
- A solid sheet from which to cut shapes.
Slider design is suitable for gel polish nail.
To decorate nails with a slider, you must:
- To shape the nails, clean them and degrease.
- Coat nails with gel polish and dry under a lamp.
- Soak the sliders in warm water (the soaking time is indicated in the instructions).
- Move the slider to the side and remove it from the paper base.
- Attach a sticker to the nail and press it with a cotton pad to get rid of excess moisture.
- Cover nails with a final layer of clear varnish.
There are 2 types of sliders with lace patterns:
- A pattern created specifically for each nail.
- Ribbon with lace pattern. It can be glued to all nails, cutting out the fragment you like.
For a greater effect, a sticker with a lace pattern is selected for a monophonic base varnish.
Sticking is simple:
- The nail, which has undergone preliminary processing and turning, is covered with plain varnish of any shade.
- A fragment of a lace pattern is cut from a palette and separated from the base.
- With gentle movements, a transparent slider is applied to the nail.
- The composition is coated with a fixing varnish.
To create the effect of “broken glass” special foil paper is used.
The choice of colors and effects is huge: mother-of-pearl and mirror fragments from pastel to bright and catchy colors will definitely attract the attention of others.
- Before use, paper is randomly cut into strips, triangles and polygons. The point is the carelessness of the forms, since broken pieces of glass have an arbitrary shape.
- On the treated nails with tweezers, cut pieces of paper are laid out.
- Neat strokes apply clear varnish. If necessary, a second layer of fixative is applied.
- Nails are dried under a UV lamp.
Such a simple and inexpensive way will create the effect of an expensive salon manicure. It is important to remember the thoroughness of execution, since the corners of “broken glass” sticking out in different directions will only spoil the beauty. Additional decorations in the form of sparkles, rhinestones and “eggs” will be inappropriate.
Foil stickers are shiny or matte pieces of thin foil. Usually.
They are glued using special glue, which is applied either to the entire nail plate, or to a part of it.
- Treated nails are covered with glue.
- After a certain time, a foil is applied to the space covered with glue.
- Unnecessary pieces of foil are gently cut or cut.
- The nail is coated with a clear coat of clearcoat.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
3D stickers distinguish volumetric details, bulges on the surface. You need to glue them like this:
- Nails are prepared.
- Apply a colored or transparent base coat of varnish.
- The sticker is removed from th
e base and glued to the nail.
- In this case, the finisher is needed only if the sticker is fragmentary. They will cover a surface that is not filled with a sticker. If you use the finisher over the sticker, then the varnish will fill all the bulges and the 3D effect will be lost.
3D stickers will not interfere with everyday tasks, even despite the voluminous design.
After preparing the nails for manicure, the application technology will be as follows:
- The nails are covered with a base and a layer of shellac.
- The coated surface is thoroughly dried under the lamp.
- The buff cuts off the adhesive surface.
- The selected pattern is removed from the palette and applied to the nail. It is important to ensure that the picture is superimposed evenly and without wrinkles.
- After smoothing the sticker, a layer of transparent fixing varnish is applied.
When working with photo print stickers, it should be remembered that the use of water is contraindicated.
Gluing them is simple and easy:
- A photo print of the required size is glued to the prepared nail plates. If the sticker is full-sized, then the corners and protruding parts are neatly trimmed or bent down.
- After that, you can gently file the protruding ends with a nail file.
- A transparent fixative is applied on top.
It is necessary to monitor the accuracy of contact and fixing the sticker on the surface of the nail.
Gold stickers will look great at a gala evening event.
Gluing them is not difficult, but additional practice will not hurt.
- Honed and fat-free nails are coated with a colorless basecoat.
- After the base has dried, the gold foil is removed from the base and applied evenly to the nail.
- With a cotton or orange stick, the foil is distributed over the entire surface. The foil is quite thin, and therefore do not rush in order not to break the fragment.
- The protruding corners of the film can be cut with a file, performing movements from top to bottom along the edge of the nail.
- A fixing coat of varnish is applied on top.
Another popular novelty is velvet stickers. Usually they are short-nap patterns.
Such stickers are attached to a transparent film.
- After pretreatment of nails, a base, transparent or colored, is applied to the surface of the nails, depending on individual preferences.
- The velvet pattern is removed from the substrates and applied with the adhesive side to the nail.
- The finisher in this case is not needed, as it is able to destroy the effect of velvet.
Velvet stickers are quite durable, and therefore, according to the manufacturers, they will stay on the nails for longer than 15 days.
Reasons for peeling sliders
Important conditions for maintaining manicure with sliders that are followed by professional nail art masters are:
- High quality material.
- Compliance with all the rules when applying sliders.
If the master decided to save money and used low quality sliders, they will begin to exfoliate already for 3-4 days. It is important to remember that before fixing the slider you need to dry the lower layers of the base varnish well.
The sticker should be carefully pressed and smoothed over the surface of the nail. If the work is not done carefully, then the stickers will begin to peel off the nail after a very short period of time.
The drawing is not bright enough or almost imperceptible
This happens if the basic conditions are not met:
- The basecoat is dark or black. As a rule, sliders have a transparent base and on a dark manicure the pattern becomes invisible.
- When the main color in the picture and the base coat match. In this case, the pattern loses its brightness.
Defects of this type appear for several reasons:
- Poorly dried base and finisher layers.
- Coating too thick.
- When sealing the tips, too much top is applied. As a result, cracks resulting from a critical load.
- The unsushy surface of the sticker on which the top was applied.
Pattern peel off topcoat
To preserve manicure for a long time, it is necessary to remember that even the highest quality material will not withstand prolonged contact with water. Therefore, experienced users are advised to wash the dishes, windows and the floor with gloves on. Also, the durability of a manicure can be harmed by the lack of a transparent top, designed to protect the sticker from external factors.
The sticker does not completely adhere to the nail plate
The sticker may bubble if:
- She was glued carelessly, and under her air
- The adhesive surface of the slider is unevenly processed.
- Substandard components used.
In order to know how to glue stickers on nails, it is not necessary to be a specialist in nail art. You can make a beautiful manicure at home, just a little practice.
Video about stickers in manicure
How to stick stickers: