Each woman has individual characteristics of the nail plate: it can be elongated, wide, square, large and small. For any type of nail plate, you can choose the best manicure. For very short nails, manicure is not only possible, but also necessary to ennoble the hands and form a beautiful shape.
- Features of manicure on very short nails
- What colors are suitable for very short nails
- Types of design of short nails
- French for short nails – how to make
- How to make a manicure gel varnish, shellac on very short nails
- With dots
- With rhinestones
- With sparkles
- Black and white
- With monograms
- With geometric patterns
- Seasons manicure design
- Design Ideas for Short Nails
- Video: Manicure for short nails
Features of manicure on very short nails
To visually adjust the appearance of the nail, you need to follow a few simple recommendations:
- The monochromatic coating of the plate with varnish lengthens its shape. If you do not cover the entire surface with it, but leave a couple of narrow strips at the side rollers intact, then outwardly the nails will look longer. Their length will seem standard. Red classics or dark colors, as well as natural shades that are similar in tone to the skin of the hands, look good on short nails.
- To make the nail plate look longer, you can simulate on the free edge the bend is the same as that of the cuticle.
- On short nails, rhinestones, glitter and various textures look good. Despite their flashiness and brightness, it is on such nails that they look restrained and concise.
- When doing manicure on short nails, you do not need to draw lines horizontally, it is better to make them vertical or diagonal. Thanks to this technique, the nail plate will look longer than usual.
- Design selection should be based on available data. No need to draw a French manicure on nails, the free edge of which is only a couple of inch. Sophisticated patterns on short nails will also look unattractive.
What colors are suitable for very short nails
- A manicure for very short nails can be impressive, but for this you need to not only tidy up the shape of the nail plate, but also choose the color that is suitable in each case;
- For short nails, nude, burgundy, red, dark gray, blue, plum, blueberry and purple colors are optimal. Such shades are welcome in the winter season. In summer, nails can be covered with pink, mint, coral and watermelon shades;
- Pastel shades do not attract attention, the nails covered with them look well-groomed and reserved;
- Bright colors emit short nails, but the manicure does not look vulgar, as in the case of long nail plates;
- French adorns short nails, but only if the nail plate has already grown a little. Then it is recommended to make thin lines-smiles on a light beige, peach or pale pink background, which will give the manicure a special charm. With French manicure, the nails look neat.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Types of design of short nails
French for short nails – how to make
For a French manicure you will need:
- white varnish for the free edge of the nail plate;
- transparent base;
- thin brush for drawing lines or sticker templates on nails;
- pastel shades for the inside of the nail plate.
- First you need to prepare the nail plate – file it to give the desired shape, and cut the cuticle. Next, the nails are covered with a base and wait for it to dry;
- On top of the base you need to apply colored varnish, which will be the basis. For a denser color, the coating is applied in 2-3 layers. Then you should wait for it to dry;
- As soon as the varnish dries, you can draw white tips. To do this, it is better to take a thin brush, or a stencil. After drawing the lines again, you need to wait for their drying;
- To consolidate the result, coat the nails with clear varnish and wait until completely dry.
- The overgrown part of the nail plate cannot be less than 4/32 inch. If it is absent or present, but of insufficient length, then the French manicure will look inharmonious.
- The white line at the tips of the nails should not be thick, otherwise it will visually appear that the nail plate is even smaller than it actually is. It is better to make a strip of 2/32 – 3/32 inch thick.
- An interesting solution would be a combination of matte and glossy varnishes. If the tip has a glossy surface, and the rest of the area of the nail plate is matte, then the nail will visually lengthen.
- Vertical lines on the nails outwardly extend the nails.
How to make a manicure gel varnish, shellac on very short nails
Manicure for very short nails can be done not only with simple varnish, but also with gel polish. It will give strength to the nails, which will allow in the future to grow the nail to the desired length.
To cover the nail plate with gel polish, you need to purchase:
- 9 or 36 watt lamp;
- base and top (rubber is best);
- color coatings;
- orange stick for manicure;
- lint-free napkins;
- cuticle oil;
- nail file;
- scissors or nippers for working with cuticles;
- gel polish remover or special apparatus;
- foil (if you need to remove the product).
Stages of manicure with the application of gel polish:
- To give the desired shape to the nails.
- Soften the cuticle and cut it.
- To process the nail plates with a buff without cutting off their layers.
- Wipe the nails of one hand with a degreaser applied to a napkin or cotton pad.
- Apply a thin layer of the base on the nails of one hand.
- Dry the base in the lamp for 1 minute.
- Apply a thin layer of colored gel polish to the base. If the varnish got on the skin of the fingers, it can easily be removed with an orange stick.
- Dry the colored varnish in the lamp for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the application and drying of color gel polish 2-3 times so that the color becomes more dense and saturated.
- Top your nails. The layer can be made a little thicker to even out the nail plate. If the nails are slightly overgrown, then the end of the nail should also be treated with the top. If the nails are very short, then it is better not to apply anything to the end, as there is a risk that the gel polish will be on the skin, which looks unpresentable.
- After covering the nails with the top, the hand should be placed in the lamp and the layers dried for another 2 minutes.
- Rubber tops allow you to finish a manicure after drying the nails. If the top is not rubber, then you need to remove the sticky layer from it. This is done using a degreaser – on a cotton pad or napkin, you need to apply a few drops of the product and treat each nail.
- Upon completion of work on one hand, you need to repeat all the same on the nails of the second hand.
On very short nails, you can make not only a classic manicure, but also a moon manicure. The design with highlighted holes looks neat and modern. There are several technologies for its creation.
Option number 1:
- Apply a transparent base to the nails, dry it.
- Using a very thin brush, apply the contour of the hole to the nail, closer to the cuticle.
- Paint the well twice, dry each layer.
- Paint the rest of the nail with a different color, repeating the procedure twice. Dry each layer.
- Cover each nail with the top, while sealing the ends. Dry the top.
Option number 2:
- Apply base on nails and dry it.
- Cover the nails with gel polish around the perimeter in 2-3 layers. Dry each layer well.
- On dried gel polish, with a thin brush, draw the contour of the hole and paint it so that the color is even, without gaps and transparent spots. Dry your nails.
- Cover the top with a seal, sealing the ends. Dry the nails in the lamp for 2 minutes.
Option number 3:
- Cover the nails with the base, dry them.
- Apply gel polish to the nails – a base in 2 layers. Dry each layer in the lamp for 30-60 seconds.
- Glue a hole stencil on the coating, draw a hole in a different color. Dry in a lamp.
- Fix the coating with the top, having dried it in the lamp for 1-2 minutes.
Lunar manicure for very short nails can be supplemented with rhinestones at the base of the nail, white or colored dots that focus on the border of the hole and the main part of the nail plate, highlight the hole with varnish and glitter, or draw it not in a semicircle, but in a triangle.
To perform a velvet manicure, a powder (flock) is required, which gives velvet to the nails. This coating lasts no more than 2 days, but it looks interesting, so it can be applied before any events.
- Nails are covered with a thin layer of the base, dried in a lamp.
- Apply gel polish to the nail plate, the color close to the shade of the flock. Dry the first layer.
- The gel polish is applied a second time and the powder is poured onto it in a thick layer.
- After the flock is applied, the hand needs to be placed in the lamp for 1 minute to dry the coating.
- After 60 seconds, the hand is removed from the lamp and a brush sweeps away all the rest of the flock that did not stick.
Velvet manicure usually does not require special additions, especially on short nails, so it’s enough to simply cover the nails with an even layer of flock. An interesting option is a velvet pattern. In this case, it is most convenient to resort to stamping technology.
To do this, after staining the nail in the main color, stamping is applied on top of the picture with varnish close in color to the color of velvet sand. While the varnish is damp, it is sprinkled with flock on top of it.
Ombre manicure is a 2 or 3 color coating, where one color smoothly transforms into another. Colors can be different, it is not necessary to use shades of the same color. To give the ombre effect, you need a narrow sponge, equal in width to the nail plate.
After processing the nail and covering it with a base, you can start staining:
- The nail is covered with the color that the cuticle will have, and dried.
- A second varnish is applied to the sponge and pressed to the second half of the nail.
- Using a sponge, distribute the color on the nail plate, creating a gradient with a transition between shades.
- Seal the top cover.
To make the nails look longer, it is recommended to shift the border of flowers from the center closer to the edge or to the cuticle. The most advantageous option is a gradient with a color transition from one side roller to another.
For a manicure on very short nails in the form of dots, you will need a tool called dots (dotter). It is a stick with two round tips of different sizes.
- Cover the nails with a base, dry it.
- Apply color gel polish in nails in 2-3 layers for maximum color density.
- Put gel polish on the foil or other glossy surface of the color that the dots should be. If the colors of the dots should be of different shades, then make the drops necessary gel varnishes.
- Dip dots in gel polish and put dots where you want.
- After the design is completed, a top is applied over the drawing, sealing all the ends for greater strength.
Points can be located:
- at the edge of the nail plate, settling more densely on the free end;
- staggered across the surface;
- in the cuticle, creating an imitation of a moon manicure;
It is recommended to draw small dots on short nails.
Manicure for very short nails in a matte version is as simple as regular. To do this, you need to purchase a matte transparent top.
- The nails are covered with a base, put your hand in the lamp for 30-60 seconds.
- Apply color in nails in 2-3 layers, dry each layer.
- Cover your nails with a matte transparent top, put your hand in the lamp again and wait another 2 minutes.
On short nails, a matte manicure looks good:
- with a glossy smile made in the same tone;
- with velvet sand, pattern or glitter on the ring finger;
- with rhinestones at the base of the nail.
Rhinestones manicure can be done not only on a monophonic coating, but also on a coating with a moon, French design, ombre and others.
How to do:
- First of all, you need to cover the nails with a transparent base, then place your hand in the lamp so that the gel polish dries.
- Then make the desired design or monophonic coating, dry it in a lamp.
- Cover the nails with the top, sealing them.
- Take glue and an orange stick. After wetting the stick, take rhinestones one at a time and glue them on the glue on the nail plate.
Options for the location of rhinestones on short nails:
- a pyramid on one or more nails;
- at the base of the nails;
- vertical lines along the axis of the nail;
- with the allocation on one nail (nameless) of the border of the lunula;
- ornament, for example, in the form of a crown or a cross.
How to do:
- Nails need to be covered with a transparent base, to dry the layer in the lamp.
- If the glitter will be applied to a transparent coating, proceed to its application. If not, then you need to cover the nail plate with varnish of the desired color.
- Without drying the next layer of color gel polish, you can dip your finger in a jar of glitter or dip a dry brush in sparkles and apply them to the nail.
- Top should be applied on top of the design so that a beautiful manicure is fixed for a long time.
- French millennium;
- ombre with glitter;
- combination with matte and glossy varnish of the same color;
- complete painting of nails.
Black and white
A classic black and white manicure can be made in the form of a lunar, ombre, with dots, a jacket, with monograms, etc. For its execution, you just need to choose the color that will be taken as the basis – black or white. Black will sound stricter and white softer.
It is convenient to use patterns for drawing, with the help of which you can impose a pattern in the form of hearts, birds, stars, stripes on a black or white background.
Manicure with monograms can be performed on any form of nails, on any background and in any color. Most often, for its execution you need skills in drawing or hone your skills.
- Monograms should be applied with a thin brush. They can be made both glossy and matte varnishes, as well as varnish with sparkles;
- In each case, you need to cover the nail plate with a base, then apply color gel polish, or you can design on a transparent coating;
- If the monograms are not velvet or matte, then you should cover them with the top top so that they are fixed for a long time.
With geometric patterns
How to do:
- It is better to apply a geometric pattern with a thin brush;
- First of all, you need to cover the nail plate with a base, then apply the background to it;
- Against the background, you can draw anything you want. Starting from simple stripes intersecting each other, ending with complex compositions in the form of circles, triangles and squares;
- In each case, it is import
ant not to forget about applying a top on top of the design to preserve it.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Seasons manicure design
A manicure for very short nails at different times of the year is different in color.
- There is no definite rule for making certain designs in autumn or spring, but it is recommended to use light and bright shades in the summer, and denser and darker in the winter;
- In the spring, when everything around begins to bloom, you can think about how to make the manicure more bright or gentle. Mint, pink, peach, coral and yellow colors are suitable;
- In the fall, you can choose something from burgundy, emerald, dark blue and brown shades.
Design Ideas for Short Nails
Delicate manicure – can be done in light, skin tones. Light pink, light peach colors are suitable. To decorate nails, it is enough to draw monograms with light varnish, apply sparkles on 1-2 nails or glue a few rhinestones. In this case, the manicure will not look catchy.
Easy manicure – performed with varnishes of 1-2 shades. The fewer the elements, the simpler and more concise it will look. You can apply one color to 3 nails – thumb, forefinger and little finger. The remaining nails should be coated with a different color. Thanks to this technique, the nails will look stylish, but you will not have to spend a lot of time and effort on creating a manicure.
Wedding manicure – a jacket with the addition of monograms looks great.
It is important to pay attention to the fact that the jacket on short nails should not be wide, and there should not be too many monograms. It should harmoniously combine the design with the design of the remaining nails.
Any manicure, the design of which is selected correctly, will look good, even if the varnish is applied to very short nails. To make the nail plate seem longer, you should adhere to professional techniques and choose design ideas from the photo to see the final result.
Video: Manicure for short nails
Photo of manicure for short and very short nails:
Ideas of fashionable manicure for short nails: