In 2021, fashion trends in the field of manicure and nail gel polish remain unchanged, but there are still new products. Photos of various trends, stylish new designs in magazines and on the Internet show a wide variety of forms, colors and techniques of modern manicure.
- Fashionable shape and length of nails in the new season
- Actual colors and designs for the spring and summer
- Actual colors and designs for the autumn-winter period
- Trend 2021 – Chameleon Lacquer
- Classic moon manicure
- French gel polish
- C Kamifubuki
- Broken glass
- The use of rhinestones
- Manicure with a picture
- For short nails
- Video manicure lessons at home
Fashionable shape and length of nails in the new season
For several seasons, nails that are close in shape and length to natural ones remain relevant, especially with regard to the daily style of manicure.
It is almond-shaped, oval in shape or soft square. Length – from ultra-short to medium (maximum 5/32 – 8/32 inch of the free edge of the nail).
Actual colors and designs for the spring and summer
Fashion trends of manicure of the new season are surprisingly diverse. In the spring and summer of 2021, it is recommended to do a manicure taking into account the following trends:
- Design in light, pastel colors, decorated with stones of different colors and sizes.
- Ombre with a bright accent. Transition from a white or light shade to a brighter, more saturated color.
- Geometry in the design. Bright, contrasting lines and shapes are preferred.
- Negative space with primary colors: white, lilac, cappuccino, cold beige.
- Decoration of all or several nails with floral motifs, lace.
- Application of broken glass technology.
- Classic french manicure on short nails.
- Solid two-tone manicure, where the main color is a pastel shade, chosen to your taste.
Actual colors and designs for the autumn-winter period
Fashion trends for the fall-winter period 2021 include the following colors and designs:
- Matte manicure of dark, deep colors. For example, cherry, graphite, jade, blue, etc.
- The use of silver or gold small spangles on a dark glossy manicure.
- The technique of “cat’s eye” using varnishes of ultra dark (almost black) colors.
- Lunar manicure saturated burgundy, blue, purple flowers.
- Negative space in black.
- Manicure, decorated with drawings of autumn and winter subjects (snow patterns, geometric Christmas trees on several fingers, maple leaves).
Trend 2021 – Chameleon Lacquer
The trend for mirror nails in 2021 has acquired a new color. This is expressed by the increasing popularity of chameleon effect varnishes. Bright, saturated overflows, the transition from one color to another, are possible in different versions.
Holographic effect in varnishes.
Color change occurs depending on the viewing angle and the incidence of sunlight.
Depending on the temperature of the hands, the environment, the color changes and flows from one to another.
Important! Stylists and fashion designers recommend giving preference to the following colors:
- black and green;
- black and blue;
- black and turquoise;
- blue violet;
- blue green;
- green and gold;
- burgundy green.
Colors should be deep, saturated, dark.
Classic moon manicure
The type of manicure in which the nail hole is not painted over (or is highlighted in a different color) is called lunar. Such a design looks attractive in light shades (white, beige, cool pink, azure), and rich, dark tones (black, green, graphite, cold brown).
An additional decoration is small rhinestones, which are placed along the edge of the hole, thereby highlighting it even more. Unusually designed holes look unusual and creative.
- painted in contrasting color;
French gel polish
French manicure is considered a classic version of the stylish design of nails. For many years, the smile of the jacket was drawn only in white across the width of the free edge of the nail.
At the moment, nail art masters offer many creative variations of French manicure:
- French with a smile made of sparkles.
- A smile in a manicure is performed with any color you like (red, blue, yellow, pink, etc.).
- French with a geometric smile – in the form of figures (square, triangle) and lines (diagonal slanted to one side).
- Colored jacket – nail and smile are painted in different colors.
- French manicure in which the smile is made with rhinestones, foil, in the form of a heart.
- Gradient, rainbow color transition when creating a smile (used from 3 different colors).
In 2021, a manicure filled with only two colors is included in the top fashion trends of gel polish de
Numerous photos of the masters show the diversity of such nail art:
- Classic two-tone manicure. The nails on the middle and ring fingers are painted in an alternative color.
- Tandem with white. The nail on the ring finger is painted white and decorated with a pattern or pattern in the color of the remaining nails.
- Two colors on one nail. The nail plate is conditionally divided into two halves (along or across) and each is painted in its own color.
- Glitter tandem. Covered with a camouflage shade, the nails are decorated with sequins (for example, draw holes in an unusual shape) or cover 1-2 nails.
When choosing calm, pastel shades, rhinestones, foil thin ribbons will help to decorate nails.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
One of the latest ideas for stylish nail design is the ombre effect. The smooth, gradient transition of one color to another looks unusual and attractive.
An ombre of black and any dark, saturated color (purple, burgundy, purple, emerald, rich gray) looks expensive and spectacular . In this case, the black color must be placed at the base of the nail plate.
Ombre in pastel colors looks easy and gentle. At the same time, both the first and second shades can be at the base. Rhinestones, stamps on 1-2 nails, lace with decorative sand (it gives the drawings a velvet effect) can become an additional decoration of manicure.
Kamifubuki are flat, round, shiny decorative elements used for nail design. With their help, a wide variety of patterns and effects are created.
Commonly used kamifubuki 3 sizes. It is also possible to completely fill the nail plate with decorative elements (practiced on 1-2 nails).
There are kamifubuki of various shapes (stars, hearts, squares, polygons, etc.) and colors (solid colored, with overflow, chameleons, mirror). They help to achieve a variety of effects and well complement other types of manicure (two-tone, French, matte, etc.).
The design is named after the effect obtained after placing the material on the nails. For this, foil of any color or ordinary (for baking), thin translucent color films or rainbow cellophane is used.
The material is cut into small pieces, which are then randomly placed on the nails coated with a base or colored gel varnish.
The “broken glass” design looks good both as an independent manicure and as an addition to other designs. It is suitable for summer (with or without a bright substrate) and winter (with a dark substrate). Additional nail decoration is not required.
At the peak of popularity is a matte manicure. It looks impressive and presentable. This result gives a special finish.
Favorably looks like a classic monophonic matte manicure, and designs with various additional elements, such as:
- glossy thin ribbons;
- patterns of white or black;
- geometric decor – lines;
- glossy elements.
Decorative elements can be placed in any area of the nail, combining them with each other.
Manicures at the beginning of the year are spring floral motifs. Photos of famous masters of 2021 confirm this fashion trend in the field of nail gel polish.
Floral elements are depicted on the nails by:
- thin brush painting;
- the use of stencils and decals;
- dots drawing.
A variety of floral motifs can be placed on each nail (patterns can be the same or different on all nails) or only on a few (on the middle and ring, on the ring and thumb).
As an additional decoration of drawings in the hearts of flowers, you can glue rhinestones, broths, kamifubuki.
Harmoniously look green twigs with flowers, matching in color with the rest of the nails. For them, it is worth choosing lilac, juicy green tones, bright berry shades.
The geometric design of the nails with proper experience is able to adjust the shape and length of the nail. Lines of different thicknesses and colors emphasize the main color of gel polish. Geometric shapes of different sizes and shapes in the aggregate are able to create unusual patterns.
Geometric design can be simple (several lines or shapes) or complex (composition of a creative master).
For their implementation are used:
- thin glossy foil tapes;
- spangles with a thin brush (color sh
ould be combined with the main idea);
- color varnish with a thin brush;
- acrylic paints.
Depending on the design, each nail or several on each hand is decorated with geometric patterns. In some cases, decoration with rhinestones and broths is permissible.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Design with marine motifs is relevant in the summer, especially on vacation, as it corresponds to a sincere, light mood. In most cases, varnish of any blue shades and white color are used for marine manicure.
Examples of marine design:
- On medium-length nails using the French manicure technique, the smile is painted in a marine blue-and-white horizontal strip (thin). A helm is drawn on the ring finger from the outer edge below with a dark blue paint. For beauty, a rhinestone is glued in its middle.
- All fingers (except the ring finger) are painted in a blue-white strip (the width depends on the total length of the nail). The ring finger is painted white and after drying, an anchor pattern in gold is applied to it.
- The little fingers are painted pink with a peach tint with white dots. Unnamed fingers are painted white, and a blue anchor is drawn on top. The middle fingers are painted in the colors of the little fingers, only in a horizontal strip. Index fingers are painted in a plain blue color. Thumbs are white.
- The thumb, forefinger and little finger are painted in a delicate light turquoise hue. The middle and ring fingers are painted using the ombre technique with a transition from light turquoise to lilac-pink. As a decoration, small rhinestones in the shape of an anchor are placed at the base of several nails.
Fruit manicure looks very juicy and suitable for the summer season. He pleases the eye and cheers up. Fruits on nails can be painted with paints or varnishes, or you can use fimo.
Fimo design is the most common when using fruit motifs. These are sticks of very small diameter made of polymer clay with a picture inside. A thin plate is cut from such a tube and placed on a prepared (covered with base) nail. When exposed to ultraviolet light, it hardens, tightly attaching to the nail.
Depending on the brightness and scale of the picture, the fruit is depicted on each nail or several. A variant is possible where the 3 middle fingers, when connected, form a common pattern (for example, a large watermelon cut in half).
With a modest drawing, you can supplement it with rhinestones, broths, sparkles.
The general direction of wedding manicure is the choice of light shades of varnishes, delicate drawings, the average length of nails.
Popular wedding-themed nail art is:
- Classic French manicure with a light lace (or flower) of white color on the ring finger.
- Solid camouflaged nails with a delicate pattern in white or light pink with a dots.
- Lunar manicure in light pastel shades (lilac, mint, peach, pale pink, light beige). At will, several nails are decorated with rhinestones.
- Solid light nails with a light dusting of silver or gold glitter.
- Negative space in white. Free space can be filled with lines and shapes.
- The use of rhinestones in large quantities. For example, filling completely one nail and partially all the rest.
The use of rhinestones
Manicure 2021: fashion trends suggest the use of several varieties of rhinestones:
When creating a composition, rhinestones of different sizes, colors and shapes can be used.
Depending on the desired result, they can be located on the nail:
- at the base – forming a hole in the nail;
- a straight vertical strip along the entire length of the nail;
- at the free edge of the nail, forming a french smile;
- at the lower outer edge of the nail (1 rhinestone on the finger);
- in the central part of the nail, with the addition of a drawing;
- a pyramid at the base or at the free edge of the nail;
- shirt: 3 rhinestones in the center of the nail at the same distance.
Manicure with a picture
Drawing on nails requires special skill and experience. Not every master is able to depict a standing drawing on such a small area.
Depending on the complexity of the image for drawing, apply:
- acrylic paints;
- colored and shiny varnishes with special thin brushes for painting;
- ordinary varnishes and dots.
The most popular drawings are:
- Spring motifs – flow
ers, twigs, greens.
- Natural motifs are animals (cats, rabbits, birds), insects (butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs).
- Romantic motifs – a variety of hearts, recognition letters, pink and red colors.
- Winter motifs – snowflakes, Christmas trees, Christmas toys, lace.
- Abstractions – a variety of lace and monograms, based on the imagination of the master.
- Fruit motifs – strawberries, cherries, kiwi, pineapple, watermelon, apple, banana and others.
For short nails
Owners of short nails are suitable for almost any version of manicure.
- French manicure with a thin neat smile line.
- Solid matte manicure.
- Plain two-tone glossy manicure.
- Classic moonlight manicure in light colors.
- Geometric manicure with a longitudinal pattern. This will visually lengthen the nails.
- Mirror manicure.
- Manicure with a chameleon varnish.
Focusing on fashion trends in the field of manicure gel varnishes in 2021, you should be careful. To correctly correlate this or that design with your own style, it is better to study photos of different nail art options in advance.
Video manicure lessons at home
Simple nail design with broken glass effect: