Little is known that proper breathing can not only improve well-being, but also help to lose pounds in the waist and abdomen. Traditionally, weight loss is associated with severe food restrictions and exhausting workouts.
Such methods can be called tedious and rather expensive, while the normalization of one’s own breathing is a method that does not require any financial investments or special efforts.
- The benefits of breathing exercises for weight loss
- Technique for breathing exercises
- Gymnastics training
- Proper Exercise
- Gymnastics Bodyflex
- Qigong Technique
- Oxisize Methodology
- Gymnastics Marina Korpan
- Exercise “Vacuum”
- Abdominal slimming breathing simulator
- Contraindications to breathing exercises
- Useful videos about the features of breathing exercises for losing weight
The benefits of breathing exercises for weight loss
Despite its simplicity, the method of proper breathing is extremely effective for losing weight in the abdomen. Professionals note a number of useful properties of this type of training.
The main ones include the following:
- It normalizes blood circulation , which, in turn, ensures proper nutrition and functioning of all organs and systems of the body.
- Stimulates metabolism , increases the amount of incoming nutrients.
- Creates an alkaline environment , increases the rate of conversion of food into energy, activates the process of fat destruction.
- It frees the body of toxic substances in the fat layer, converting them into gases, and contributing to their release with heat.
- Provides a person with vitality.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Reduces the amount of stress hormones, restores calm.
- Reduces hunger.
Technique for breathing exercises
There are many advantages to breathing exercises. However, the desired effect will be achieved only if all exercises are performed properly.
Before you begin to develop proper breathing for weight loss, you need to properly prepare for a workout and familiarize yourself with some rules.
These include the following:
- Only regular classes will bring a visible effect.
- For gymnastics, it is better to set aside time in the morning, immediately after waking up.
- It is necessary to let fresh air into the room. Most professionals are advised to engage in. If this is not possible, open a window or window.
- Doing exercises should be a few hours after eating.
- Drinking water during training is not prohibited.
Today, quite a lot of different types of respiratory gymnastics have been invented.
To bring each of them to life, you need to learn how to properly breathe to lose weight.
A common technique for beneficial breathing is as follows:
- It is necessary to lie on the shoulder blades , placing your hands on the lower abdomen, to release the lungs from the air through the nose.
- Then they slowly inhale , trying to lower the diaphragm as low as possible. This will fill the lungs completely. To better control the process, you can help yourself with your hands. Now you need to feel how the stomach increases in volume.
- It is recommended to exhale air slowly , smoothly, without holding your breath. At this point, the diaphragm rises. The abdomen automatically becomes retracted, and the lungs gradually become empty.
When performing this exercise in its various variations, the following recommendations must be observed:
- As much as possible to listen to your own sensations – it is important to feel the process of filling the abdomen with oxygen and at the same time keep the chest still.
- Avoid fast and sudden movements.
- In the absence of experience in such training, you should not start immediately with deep breaths , as this may cause dizziness. First you need to learn how to properly move.
- The duration of the first lesson should not exceed one minute. Subsequent workouts increase by approximately half a minute, bringing them up to 5 minutes.
The bodyflex technique is based on combining proper breathing with yogic practices. In total, this complex includes 13 exercises, 4 of them are aimed at reducing the percentage of fat in the waist.
The first movement is called the “Lion” and assumes the initial standing position, legs apart at shoulder width. The palms rest in the area just above the knees. You should take a deep breath and feel how the stomach is blown out.
After this, air is released, the stomach is drawn in and does not breathe. In this position, you need to stick out your tongue as far as possible and lower it down, holding it with your teeth. Eyes should be lifted up at this minute.
It is necessary to be in such a position as long as possible. Trainers advise repeating the described movement 5 times.
The next exercise, called “side stretching,” requires you to take a similar starting position . When it comes to breath holding, it is important to transfer all the weight to the right knee, while leaving the left limb on the floor.
In the right foot you need to rest with your elbow. The right hand is lifted up and tilted with the whole body to the left. It should be so until you need to take a breath. Perform 6-8 exercises in both directions.
The abdominal movement will also help remove excess fat from the abdomen. You need to lie on the shoulder blades with bent legs, putting your feet on the floor. Hands reach up. First, inhale, then exhale and stop breathing.
In this state, they raise their shoulders and stretch their arms up. Slightly take your head back, fixing your gaze on the conditional point from behind to above. Repeat movement is recommended 3-4 times.
For the last exercise, “scissors” should again lie down on the floor and straighten the limbs. Inhale, exhale, and then stop breathing. Without resuming respiratory activity, perform leg swings in the air. Experts advise performing 3-4 approaches of 9-10 max.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Drying the body for girls. Training program, a detailed nutrition menu for a month by day.
A unique Qigong complex teaches breathing for weight loss. In total, it involves 3 exercises.
When moving, the “wave” slowly fill the lungs , drawing in the stomach and rounding the chest. Suspend breathing for a while. Then exhale smoothly. In this case, the chest should gradually go back, and the stomach, on the contrary, should be rounded.
The frog exercise requires the performer to sit on a chair , le
gs apart at shoulder width and elbows on his knees. Brushes connect to the castle. They put their forehead on a fist, close their eyes and free their heads from thoughts. In this position you need to breathe calmly.
After making another exhale-breath, hold your breath for several seconds, after which you can completely empty the lungs from the air.
The next exercise is called the lotus. To take the starting position, you need to take the lotus position, legs crossed. Initially, 5 minutes are given to normalize respiratory activity. The abdomen and chest at this moment should remain motionless.
The next 5 minutes are spent on deep breathing, when the movement of the chest and abdomen is no longer necessary to control. The last 10 minutes are given for the person to meditate and “disconnect” from the breathing process.
To perform Oxisize gymnastics, you need to breathe smoothly and gently , without sharp breaths and exhalations. Due to this feature, the technique is often recommended even to women in position.
These exercises carry a number of other positive points:
- Significantly tightened abdominal muscles.
- Breathing for weight loss can be practiced when it is convenient for the performer.
- Training is not necessary on an empty stomach.
- Calorie burning occurs one and a half times faster than when using an exercise bike.
To eliminate the fat layer from the waist, stand up, stretch and put your feet shoulder width apart. Served hips forward. They extend their arms upwards, holding the opposite wrist with the right hand.
You must first reach up, then right. Having fixed the end point, take a deep breath and exhale.
Similar manipulations should be done in the other direction. In total, you should get 10 repetitions.
To strengthen the muscle frame of the abs and back, as well as get rid of fat on the sides, you need to sit on a chair, putting your feet and knees together. With the left hand they rest against the seat behind themselves, and with the right hand they stretch upwards.
Turned with the whole body to the left. Inhale and exhale deeply. Do the motion data to the right. Such exercises should be repeated 10 times in each direction.
Gymnastics Marina Korpan
According to the claims of certified American specialist Marina Korpan, breathing can be an effective way to lose weight. Her complex includes both movements from Bodyflex and Oksisayz.
At the same time, this gymnastics does not involve tedious training and diets . The only condition is to give the entire complex 20 minutes each morning.
To perform the first exercise, you must slowly inhale through the nose so that the stomach is pulled back as much as possible. Then it should be relaxed and exhaled. Moreover, as you exhale, you need to try to make it stick out forward. Repeat this action is recommended 3 times.
The second stage of training likewise requires a slow breath through the nose , after which it is important to empty the lungs through two sharp exhalations. After this, you need to inhale again with your nose, and then make 1 smooth and 2 sharp exhalations. The number of repetitions here is also 3 times.
The next step in the training will be the execution of 3 regular breaths using the nose and exhalations through the mouth. In this case, special attention is paid to the location of the diaphragm.
The lesson ends with a regular inhalation through the nose, followed by an exhalation in 2 stages: part of the oxygen is released from the lungs with the help of the nose, and the remainder is released through the mouth. Repeat such manipulations 3 times.
To get a visible result in a month, it is recommended to do 3 full-time approaches, consisting of 4 exercises daily.
“Vacuum” requires mandatory training on an empty stomach.
You can perform it in the following variations:
- Lying on the floor.
- In the knee-elbow position.
- Standing up
Beginners are advised to start with the first 3 poses. Professionals with experience may well use the standing position.
When the starting position is occupied, take a deep breath with your nose. Then it is necessary to drastically empty the lungs and stop breathing. In the process of exhalation, you need to pull the stomach inward as much as possible.
You need to hold on in the described state for 15 seconds, after which you can exhale smoothly and allow the muscles to relax. Then they rest, having made a couple of breaths and exhalations, and then go through the whole procedure again.
Abdominal slimming breathing simulator
The simulator for abdominal breathing enables everyone, even without any preparation, to effectively engage in breathing exercises. This instrument is based on the principle of shortness of breath.
The main element of the simulator is a plastic tube, which creates an obstacle for air to escape from the lungs and oral cavity. As a result, air pressure increases due to lung resistance, which leads to an increase in the amount of oxygen entering the blood.
Oxygen contributes to a better oxidation of fats and, as a result, a decrease in body weight.
In addition to the fact that the simulator helps to lose weight, it also has other useful properties:
- Relieve stress.
- Ensuring a full and continuous sleep.
- Bringing pressure to normal.
- Airway cleansing.
- Improvement of blood circulation.
- Elimination of toxins and toxins.
- Stimulation of brain and physical activity.
- Rejuvenation of the body.
To use the simulator, you should put it in your mouth. After installing the unit, inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth.
When filling the lungs with air, the abdomen should become convex, while when empty, it should become concave.
Carefully monitor the diaphragm, which should lower and rise. Pe
rform this procedure is advised within 5 minutes a day.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Glutamic acid – what it is, why and how it is used in sports and bodybuilding.
Contraindications to breathing exercises
Despite its effectiveness, any respiratory gymnastics implies a number of restrictions under which it is contraindicated.
The main contraindications include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Sudden changes in blood pressure.
- Damage to any part of the spine.
- Osteochondrosis in acute form.
- Thrombosis, in which there is inflammation on the walls of the veins.
- Recent heart attacks.
- The presence of various kinds of bleeding.
- Mental illness.
- Severe bodily diseases.
In the presence of at least one of the listed contraindications, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
The specialist, if this is possible, will select the optimal complex of breathing exercises. Many people dream of getting rid of hated fat, especially in the waist area, but few remember breathing to lose weight in the abdomen.
It is important to learn to breathe correctly, to experience various techniques, to analyze the results – the only way to find the set of exercises that will bring real results.
Useful videos about the features of breathing exercises for losing weight
Features breathing techniques for weight loss. Weight loss and waist reduction using the bodyflex technique – Marina Korpan gymnastics:
Proper breathing for weight loss of the abdomen and sides:
Breathing technique for burning fat and reducing waist: