Beauticians advise to care for a person after 40 years using special tools and techniques to prevent loss of firmness and elasticity of the epidermis.
- Symptoms of withering of the skin
- Skin Care After 40 Years
- Caring for the skin around the eyes
- Nasolabial fold area
- How to maintain cheekbones and cheeks
- Neck and decollete care
- Pharmacy preparations
- Medical cosmetics
- Masks at home
- Recipes for toners and face scrubs after 40 years
- When can you do without the help of specialists
- Recommendations of specialists: how to look young after 40 years
- Video about face care after 40 years
Symptoms of withering of the skin
At the age of 40-45 years, the female body undergoes hormonal changes, accompanied by atrophic processes in the integument. Dermis regeneration slows down, estrogen levels decrease.
Signs of skin aging:
- dryness and thinness;
- creases in the area of nasolabial folds, forehead and eyelids;
- loss of clear contours of the oval of the face;
- swelling of the eyelids;
- decreased elasticity of the skin.
Facial care after 40 years (cosmetologist’s advice is given taking into account the age category) includes masks, creams, tonics and scrubs.
Skin Care After 40 Years
To maintain youthful skin, there is no need to use creams or serums every hour: the optimal time for daily procedures is 10-15 minutes.
Stages of care:
- cleansing: face washing is done with filtered water using a foam or milk to delicately remove dust, grease and dirt from the epidermis;
- toning: tonics, serums or lotions are used to return skin turgor. At home, it is recommended to use green tea, chamomile broth or ice cubes;
- moisturizing: to make up for the lack of fluid in the cells of the epidermis, the cream must contain components to protect against ultraviolet radiation, marked with the mark “moisturizing”;
- nutrition: night creams containing retinol and vitamins nourish the skin.
It is necessary to take care of the skin daily to achieve a lasting effect.
Caring for the skin around the eyes
Premature aging of the skin around the eyes occurs for the following reasons:
- the use of face creams for the eyelids. They may contain aggressive components that adversely affect the eyes;
- application of creams on a greasy basis: means prevent oxygen from entering the skin, oily sheen is noted around the eyes;
- rubbing movements when applying the product: the skin is stretched and wrinkles are formed prematurely. The cream must be applied with smooth patting movements;
- not washing off decorative cosmetics before night rest: it is possible to develop inflammatory processes, clogging of pores.
The skin of the eyelids is thin and sensitive, there is no fat layer and sweat glands, the collagen content is minimal. Facial care after 40 years (cosmetologist’s advice is a comprehensive rejuvenation of the skin) is aimed at preventing the appearance of deep wrinkles.
Daily cleansing is done with milk, removing micellar water is recommended to remove makeup from the skin. The nutrition of the epidermis is carried out using natural masks or creams that have a lifting effect.
Ice cubes from herbal decoctions are known for their tonic and refreshing effect: they are used in the morning and evening to wipe the skin around the eyes.
You can use tonics or lotions. Nutrient creams in winter and products with SPF protection in summer protect against ultraviolet rays and harmful environmental influences.
Nasolabial fold area
Facial care after 40 years (the advice of a cosmetologist is not a panacea for all the causes of wrinkles, but only general recommendations) suggests a comprehensive approach, in which the area of nasolabial folds is given a special place. This zone actively loses moisture, therefore, with age, the dehydration process accelerates and provokes the appearance of creases.
The defect is eliminated with moisturizers and massage. It is forbidden to cleanse the skin of acne or acne on your own: there is a risk of blood poisoning due to closely located vessels. Pronounced wrinkles cannot be corrected at home: cosmetologists use fillers for this injection.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
How to maintain cheekbones and cheeks
In addition to moisturizing and toning agents, gymnastics is effective for maintaining and creating a beautiful oval of the face:
- full mouth: inflate the cheeks as much as possible, hold the air for 7-10 seconds and exhale sharply (repeat 7-10 times);
- lollipop: draw air into the cheek space and then move it to the other cheek like candy. “Roll” air for 1 min;
- drawing: prepare an album sheet and a subject for drawing. Clamp the pencil or pen between the lips and make circular movements of the head to draw something on the sheet.
Massage helps to improve blood microcirculation and warming facial muscles: apply 2 teaspoons to the face. honey and spread over the skin. Perform massage with light tapping with your fingers until a slight reddening occurs. After the procedure, rinse the honey with warm water and apply the cream on the face. Carrying out the procedure daily.
Cold massage tones the skin: pour chamomile broth into ice molds and freeze . Wipe the face with the finished cube until it melts completely. Washing is not required, just dampen the skin with a towel.
Neck and decollete care
To prevent premature aging of the skin and the appearance of age spots and wrinkles, the following rules should be followed:
- avoid direct sunlight and do not abuse the solarium;
- sleep on a small pillow: a large cushion under the head interferes with normal blood circulation and promotes the formation of a second chin;
- daily carry out a contrast shower of the neckline and neck. After the procedure, do not wipe the skin, but let it dry on it
At home, decollete skin care can be done using peeling: mix 1 tablespoon. fine salt, oatmeal, soda and kefir. Apply the finished mixture to the skin in a circular motion and massage for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with water, apply cream or oil.
Potato wrap good for skin: 1 teaspoons mix glycerin and olive oil with 2 cooked and chopped potatoes. Apply the finished compress to the neck and decollete for 30 minutes, cover with a napkin. After the procedure, rinse the mixture with water, allow the skin to dry.
The effectiveness of the procedures is noticeable after 1 month with regular use.
Tips of cosmetologists for face care after 40 years with the help of pharmacy products: applying the drug as a face mask in the morning or evening 2 times a week.
Common pharmacy products:
- Vitamin A (retinol): improves the functioning of the sebaceous and sweat glands, smoothes wrinkles. It is produced in the form of oil, therefore it is applied to the skin twice a week before bedtime.
- Zinc ointment: combats wrinkles and acne: treatment of inflammatory foci is applied around the foci, to smooth wrinkles, the ointment is distributed over the skin until absorbed. After the procedure, it is recommended to apply a moisturizer.
- Curiosin: as part of hyaluronic acid, the product maintains skin elasticity and accelerates regeneration processes. The gel is applied as an independent tool or mixed with a cream.
- Relief: the ointment is intended for the treatment of hemorrhoids, contains shark fat and phenylephrine, has a vasoconstrictive, tonic effect. Apply locally to wrinkles.
- Heparin ointment: eliminates swelling and bags under the eyes. It is applied to cleansed skin of the eyelids, avoiding contact with eyes.
- Retinoic ointment: contains a large amount of vitamin A, restores skin elasticity and a healthy appearance. It is used to treat comedones and acne. You can use it as an independent tool, or in combination with masks.
Before applying the drug to the face, the product is tested on the inside of the wrist: in case of redness or a rash, you can not use it.
Facials after 40 years are recommended by cosmetologists with regular use of medical cosmetics. A variety of tools allows you to choose a cream based on age, composition and principle of action.
Common cosmetic products:
- Uriage Isofill Cream: unique in the absence of parabens, silicones and mineral oils that cause clogging of pores. Contains peptides, hyaluronic acid, antioxidants. Corrects the oval of the face, stimulates the production of collagen and restores skin elasticity. It is applied to the neck, decollete and face twice a day.
- Arkeskin + cream : has nourishing and moisturizing properties, prevents the appearance of age spots. It contains wheat proteins, chestnut extract and sesame oil. It is recommended to use during hormonal changes in the body and owners of dry skin. Apply to the face and decollete twice a day after cleansing the skin.
- Vichy Liftactiv: smoothes fine wrinkles and reduces larger wrinkles, restores skin firmness and elasticity. Consists of rhamnose, hyaluronic acid and thermal waters. The first result is noted after 2 weeks of using the product twice a day on the face, decollete and neck.
The effectiveness of creams increases if the skin is steamed and cleaned before application, the product is applied with soft patting movements, wait for it to be completely absorbed.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Masks at home
It is possible to carry out full-fledged skin care at home using the following procedures:
- cleansing mask: combine 5 g of coffee and buckwheat flour with 10 g of clay and 20 drops of mango oil. The finished mixture is diluted with tea leaves and thoroughly mixed: apply in a circular motion on the face, rinse after 12 minutes. An ideal recipe for oily skin type: relieves redness and rash, reduces wrinkles;
- tonic mask: mix 4 drops of mandarin oil with 10 g of honey, 15 g of rye flour and 0,17 fluid ounce of cognac. Apply thoroughly mixed mixture to the skin, excluding the eyelids and nasolabial triangle, rinse after 20 minutes. The procedure improves blood flow, regeneration processes, combats sagging skin;
- moisturizing mask: boil potatoes, chop and mix with olive oil until smooth. Apply a mixture of 6/32 – 8/32 inch thickness on the face, wash off after 20 minutes. The mask smoothes wrinkles and restores skin elasticity;
- nourishing mask: 1 teaspoons brew chamomile flowers with boiling water and leave for 40 minutes. drain the broth, and mix the grass pulp with olive oil. Apply the finished mixture to the face and decollete, leave for 20 minutes, rinse with water. It has a nourishing, calming effect;
- egg mask: mix 2 chicken yolks with avocado pulp and apply for 20 minutes. on the skin of the face. Rinse off with water after the procedure. The mask is intended for dry, depleted skin: provides a supply of nutrients.
To achieve the result, it is necessary to make masks 1 – 2 time. / Week, befo
re applying the skin thoroughly clean and steam.
Do not use ingredients that show an allergic reaction.
Recipes for toners and face scrubs after 40 years
Removing dead skin particles of the epidermis and restoring skin tone is possible both using procedures in the salon and at home:
- Oat scrub: grind and mix the flakes with sour cream until a uniform consistency is obtained. Apply the finished mixture in circular soft movements to the face and stroke the skin for 2-3 minutes, rinse with warm water;
- Coffee scrub: grind coffee beans and mix with olive or sunflower oil. Apply the mixture on the face for 2-3 minutes, massaging the skin with gentle movements. There should not be a feeling of pain or discomfort. Rinse with warm mineral water;
- Cleansing tonic: pour 30 g of ginger with boiling water and leave for 120 minutes. strain the broth, add 7 drops of grapefruit oil to it. Ready to wipe the skin before applying the cream;
- Moisturizing tonic: squeeze 0,68 fluid ounce of juice from aloe leaves, mix them with 4,06 fluid ounce of chamomile decoction and 15 drops of grape oil. Pour the finished product into the bottle, shake the container before applying to the face.
The purpose of scrubs is to exfoliate the keratinized layer of the epidermis, improve microcirculation and cleanse contaminated pores. Before applying the scrub, moisturize the skin to soften the epidermis.
Tonics prevent premature moisture loss, have a calming and antioxidant effect. Alcohol tonics are applied directly to the site of inflammation.
When can you do without the help of specialists
Home care does not require huge cash costs and time, but achieving a good result is not always possible for the following reasons:
- improper selection of cosmetics or procedures: to determine the degree and depth of wrinkles, the predisposition of the skin to certain processes can be suggested by a cosmetologist. Acne, cracks and dry skin that are not treatable at home are a reason to go to the salon;
- hormonal disorders: the selection of drugs by a gynecologist solves the problem of hormone imbalance, and the aging process slows down, the skin will recover faster;
- chronic diseases: skin is a mirror of the body, reflecting its condition. Treatment of diseases among narrow specialists will extend not only the youth of the skin, but also the year.
A common reason for visiting a cosmetologist is the inefficiency of home procedures.
The salon offers the following anti-aging treatments:
- Laser: removal of the upper layer of the epidermis with the launch of regenerative processes of the skin;
- Mesotherapy: injections with cell renewal stimulants, 1 procedure per year is recommended;
- RF lifting: radiowave heating of the deep layers of the dermis to tighten the skin.
Salon procedures effectively rejuvenate the skin in record time, provide the skin with professional care and prevent premature aging.
Recommendations of specialists: how to look young after 40 years
For face care after 40 years, cosmetologists advise not only to use cosmetic and pharmacy products, but also to observe the following rules:
- observing the regime of the day: a full sleep, the alternation of work and rest contribute to the normalization of metabolism. In a dream, skin layers are renewed;
- quitting alcohol and smoking;
- rational nutrition: the exclusion of fatty, sweet and starchy foods . A full-fledged drinking regimen (at least 0,5 gallon) and the use of a sufficient amount of vegetables and fruits. Seasonal deficiency of vitamins is acceptable to supplement with vitamin complexes;
- self-massage of the face using special means or creams;
- regular sports: pool, fitness or dancing, any movement helps strengthen immunity and improve the general condition of the body;
- decorative cosmetics: for women of this age period, serum and cream are released with the content of hyalouranic acid and vitamins to maintain the epidermis of the skin;
- timely treatment of diseases and monitoring the state of the body: the body ages faster if the regeneration processes are disturbed.
Youth and beauty of the skin should be protected from adolescence. Women after 40 years old will seem beautiful with a skillful combination of facial care according to the advice of cosmetologists with a beautiful wardrobe and make-up.
Video about face care after 40 years
Mistakes in daily skin care:
Masks and scrubs for skin care at home: