Radio wave lifting is a hardware cosmetology technique that launches the natural processes of skin renewal. The procedure does not require surgical intervention, although the effect on the face, according to reviews, is comparable with the results of plastic surgery . Information about the procedures and contraindications will allow you to evaluate the possibilities of radio wave rejuvenation.
- What is radio wave thermal lifting
- How is radiolifting performed
- Mechanisms of action of RF lifting on the skin and subcutaneous fat of the face
- RF lifting methods
- Tripolar and polypolar
- Efficiency and safety of the procedure
- What to fear
- Relative and temporary contraindications
- Absolute contraindications
- Side effects
- At what age can the procedure be carried out
- The cost of radio wave face lifting at the beautician
- Devices for home radiolifting of the face and periorbital zone
- Gezatone V-Line m1603
- Gezatone RF Lifting m1601
- Iluminage youth activator
- RF Beaute Photo Plus
- Step-by-step instructions for exposure to radio pulses at home
- Contraindications to the use of devices for radio wave lifting
- How to prepare face skin
- Skin care after RF lifting
- Undesirable consequences
- RF lifting procedure video
What is radio wave thermal lifting
Radio wave lifting (other names: RF-lifting, radiolifting) is a type of thermolifting. The essence of the technique: non-surgical thermal exposure to the skin by electric shock. Radio waves warm up skin cells, triggering self-renewal processes.
Differences of RF-technique from laser or infrared thermal lifting:
- moderate temperature of tissue heating (not higher than 41 – 32°F) provides a gentle effect on the body;
- treatment of a limited area of skin. During the procedure, the doctor acts on problem areas of the skin, without affecting the body as a whole;
- the depth of penetration of thermal waves is adjustable and can reach from 1/32 – 50/32 inch. The RF technique allows you to customize the device depending on the needs of the skin.
Radio wave techniques first began to be applied in the 1980s in US clinics. Today, the procedure is done in American cosmetology salons.
Radio wave lifting of the face, reviews of which are mostly positive, is pleasant to patients for the speed of the visible effect and comfort during therapy.
Advantages of radiolifting over “plastic” and beauty injections:
- the result of rejuvenation is visible after 1 session;
- no pain during the procedure;
- the technique can be carried out at all times of the year, suitable for any type of skin;
- hardware heating does not leave scars, scars, traces of punctures;
- quick rehabilitation. Immediately after the RF-lifting session, the patient returns to his usual lifestyle, in-patient treatment is not required.
How is radiolifting performed
Before the procedure, the patient removes decorative cosmetics, removes lenses, metal jewelry. The doctor applies contact gel to the cleansed face, which is necessary for the penetration of radio waves into the tissue. The patient sits in a medical chair, and the beautician leads her face with conductive tips of the RF apparatus, warming her skin.
The procedure gives a feeling of warmth and slight tingling. 1 session lasts 15-120 minutes. Therapy is carried out at a time or as part of a course of procedures.
Mechanisms of action of RF lifting on the skin and subcutaneous fat of the face
Warm radio waves stimulate collagen renewal, which forms an elastic skeleton under the skin, providing smoothness and elasticity. With age, collagen production in the body slows down, wrinkles appear. An RF apparatus heats water molecules in skin cells. The body perceives fever as stress and includes a defensive reaction.
What happens as a result:
- the construction of collagen fibers is accelerated;
- hyaluronic acid is produced that maintains the balance of water in the cells;
- blood circulation and general metabolism improves.
Protective processes from the outside give a comprehensive anti-aging effect. The skin tightens and looks moisturized. Complexion improves, lethargy and signs of fatigue go away.
RF lifting methods
Radio wave procedures are carried out on different devices. The appropriate technique is chosen by the doctor depending on the patient’s skin condition.
There are 3 types of devices:
- monopolar equipment appeared the first in the history of lifting therapy. The device is equipped with a heating nozzle with 1 electrode;
- The bipolar apparatus is an advanced and most common version. In the warming nozzle, 2 electrodes are used, balancing each other;
- tripolar and polypolar device – innovative equipment. Nozzles are equipped with switchable 3-20 electrodes. There are polypolar devices for complex effects on the face and body, with the functions of vibration massage and infrared radiation.
The most powerful, “shock” technique, giving an instant visible result of rejuvenation. Therapy is carried out in 1 session. The monopolar technique uses maximum heating temperatures (up to 41 – 32°F), which explains the quick effect. The procedure is not done in vulnerable areas with thin skin and in the area around the eyes.
The procedure gently affects the skin, allows you to treat problem areas with wrinkles without affecting healthy areas. The power of the device with 2 electrodes is regulated, which allows it to be used on sensitive areas of the face. The heating temperature does not exceed 104 – 113°F.
Minus of the technique – for a visible result, course therapy is required. The average duration of the course is 6 sessions with breaks of 10-12 days.
Tripolar and polypolar
The technique is suitable for the rejuvenation of areas of different sensitivity, including for thin skin of the eyelids. The versatility of polypolar lifting is explained by the equipment. In a device with many electrodes, you can adjust the temperature and power.
Thermal waves penetrate the surface and deep layers of tissues, providing uniform and safe heating. Plus the technique – the speed of the exercise. 1 session lasts 15-30 minutes. Minus – for a visible result, a long course of procedures is required – from 10 or more.
Efficiency and safety of the procedure
Radio wave face lifting (reviews of patients and specialists coincide) gives both instant and delayed, cumulative effect. After 1 procedure, the skin is tightened, the face looks rested. The tone becomes fresher, the tone around the eyes rises. The tense crease between the eyebrows is smoothed, giving a frown.
The immediate effect of the tightening is explained by the reduction of collagen fibers as a result of heating. The true effect of rejuvenation from the inside appears after 20-25 days, when young collagen fibers grow. Wrinkles are smoothed, skin turgor improves in the chin area, the overhanging fold under the eyebrow disappears.
The full result can be evaluated after 6 months, when a new collagen frame is formed under the skin. The effect persists for 2-2.5 years. To prevent aging, RF rejuvenation is recommended to be repeated once every 12 months.
Radio wave therapy does not cause allergies or addict
ion. A hardware technique eliminates the risk of contracting infections.
The goal of RF lifting is to renew damaged and aging skin. The technique helps to get rid of age-related changes and imperfections.
Indications for the procedure:
- facial wrinkles in the area of the eyelids and eyebrows;
- deep nasolabial folds;
- “Darted” in the area of the cheeks and chin;
- enlarged pores;
- bags and swelling under the eyes;
- bright vascular network on the face;
- acne scars;
- dark spots.
RF-lifting, in spite of its gentle nature, involves an external effect on the body.
Radio wave techniques can be dangerous in 2 cases:
- weakened state of health;
- the use of implants and medical equipment with metal elements.
What to fear
Radio wave face lifting, reviews of which are left not only by the patients of the clinics, but also by physicists and biologists, interferes with the body’s natural processes, disrupting systemic work. Active heating with radio waves increases tissue sensitivity, interferes with cell regeneration.
Stress from RF lifting is not bad for a healthy body, but when weakened, it can aggravate the disease. There is a danger from the interaction of radio waves with medical equipment implanted in the body: implants, stimulants, pins. During the RF procedure, they will heat up with the skin, which is potentially life-threatening.
Relative and temporary contraindications
Relative restrictions are associated with a temporary weakening of health, after which the body is fully restored. Radiolifting should be postponed until the symptoms disappear.
List of temporary contraindications:
- colds infectious diseases;
- damage to the skin on the face;
- metal mesothreads under the skin. Thermal lifting should be postponed until the threads are absorbed (8-9 months) to avoid burns.
Radio wave procedures are excluded in the presence of severe and chronic diseases. In the presence of permanent implants and stimulants, RF lifting is prohibited due to a possible reaction with metal elements.
List of contraindications:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- oncological diseases at any stage;
- disorders of the nervous system with seizure conditions;
- diseases associated with impaired tissue regeneration: lupus, arthritis;
- acute form of hypertension;
- active stage of chronic diseases;
- cermet dental implants;
- use of a pacemaker.
After the procedure, redness of the skin and a slight swelling in the zone of heating by the device may remain. Side effects disappear within 2-3 days. Contact gel in some cases causes allergies, which are manifested by itching and skin irritation. Possible exacerbation of herpes.
At what age can the procedure be carried out
Radiolifting is recommended for patients over 25 years old as a prophylaxis of aging. A pronounced anti-aging result is noted by women 35-55 years old. At this age, signs of wilting appear, but the skin retains a moisture supply and high self-renewal abilities.
After 55 years, the effectiveness of RF rejuvenation is reduced. At an older age, the technique works in conjunction with injection procedures, for example, biorevitalization.
The cost of radio wave face lifting at the beautician
Radio wave face lifting, which patients leave reviews on forums and sites of beauty centers, is done in clinics in New York and the. The cost of rejuvenation depends on the worked out area of the face. The table shows the average minimum price of 1 procedure in clinics in New York.
|Upper part (eyelids + cheekbones)||3000|
|Lower part (cheekbones + chin)||3000|
Devices for home radiolifting of the face and periorbital zone
Radio wave face lifting at home is done using portable RF gadgets. The principle of operation does not differ from salon equipment, and the effect, according to reviews, is comparable to a surgical lift.
When choosing a model, it is worth considering the main differences between gadgets:
- Feature set. Some devices are equipped with additional options for body care: they help get rid of cellulite, give the muscles a tone.
- The price ranges from $ 50 – $ 1510.
- Additional consumables. Depending on the model, a contact gel may be needed, a skin repair agent after the procedures.
4 devices have earned high user ratings and give an idea of the possibilities of home RF-lifting.
Gezatone V-Line m1603
The budget facial massager is equipped with a basic set of functions for lifting procedures. The device evens out skin tone and topography, reduces pores, improves blood vessels. The anti-aging effect is manifested after 3 months of use. Contact gel during the session is not needed.
The “on-line” is powered by a battery that is recharged from the mains. The battery power is designed for 30 minutes of continuous operation.
|Parameters, mm||120/60? 30|
Gezatone RF Lifting m1601
The device is suitable for the face and body: rejuvenates, increases the elasticity of tissues, eliminates cellulite. The effect is achieved through a combination of 2 functions – skin lifting and myostimulation (muscle strengthening). The device trains muscles as a passive trainer. Muscles gain tone, maintain facial elasticity and provide a slim silhouette.
The gadget has 4 modes for working out the face and body. There is a vibration massage option that improves blood circulation, and the red spectrum for gentle collagen activation. During the session, you must use contact gel. The device has a built-in timer and an auto power off option after 3 minutes of continuous operation.
|Parameters, mm||240/230? 66|
Iluminage youth activator
The device allows you to evaluate the possibilities of polypolar lifting at home. The device combines 3 functions – radio wave heating, chromotherapy and infrared radiation. The result is a comprehensive deep impact on skin layers, accelerating collagen renewal. The effect is noticeable after 1 procedure: the face is tightened, the tone improves, wrinkles are smoothed out.
Before using Youth Activator, a contact gel is applied to the face. A built-in motion sensor is provided: the gadget turns off if it is removed from the face.
|Parameters, mm||115/67? 34|
RF Beaute Photo Plus
The gadget is designed for comprehensive, renewal care for your appearance. A feature of the device is the design of the RF nozzle in the form of a double ring, which improves the penetration of heat under the skin. To use the gadget, contact gel is required.
The device has 5 modes of operation:
- Cleansing. The complex effect of RF waves, vibration and ions helps to remove impurities and dead cells, accelerates skin renewal.
- Moisturizing. RF-heating of the face improves the absorption of cosmetics and normalizes the hydro-balance in the cells.
- Lifting. The radio wave effect is complemented by myostimulation. Muscles and skin become elastic, wrinkles are reduced.
- LED Therapy. Exposure to red light improves the condition of blood vessels, smoothes small folds.
- Cooling. Blue light treatment narrows pores, soothes skin, and reduces acne and irritation.
|Parameters, mm||45/58? 190|
Step-by-step instructions for exposure to radio pulses at home
RF devices in terms of operation differ in details: the time of exposure to the skin, the use of contact gel and restorative agents. Common to all RF gadgets are the rules for preparing the skin, the stages and features of facial after treatment.
Contraindications to the use of devices for radio wave lifting
Home RF gadgets are subject to the restrictions indicated for similar salon procedures:
- eye diseases;
- hypersensitivity of the skin;
- dilated vessels on the face;
- tendency to allergies;
- acne and acne;
- skin irritation and peeling after burning in the sun.
How to prepare face skin
The effect of radio wave therapy will be higher if the skin is well moisturized. Before the RF session, injection procedures that improve the hydro balance are welcome: mesotherapy or revitalization.
Before radiolifting, cosmetic procedures related to controlled skin damage, such as microdermabrasion, laser resurfacing, and peeling, are prohibited. Thermal exposure will disrupt tissue healing.
Immediately before the session, contact lenses and metal jewelry are removed: piercings, earrings. Makeup or remnants of the care cream are removed. Facial skin is thoroughly cleaned with clean water and soap or foam for washing. Men need to shave.
The procedure is carried out in a dry room. Contact with water must not be allowed, as the RF device passes moisture.
- A contact gel is applied on clean skin with a thin even layer. As it dries, the layer of the drug is renewed so that during the procedure the face remains moisturized.
- The device is placed on the surface of the skin and driven by a nozzle along the massage contours.
- At the end of the session, the remnants of the contact agent are removed with a dry cloth and lubricate the face with a nourishing cream or restorative drug for RF correction.
The procedures are carried out in courses: within 3 months they do about 3 sessions per week. To prevent aging, the course is repeated after 6 months.
Skin care after RF lifting
After the procedure, a moisturizer is reg
ularly applied to the skin of the face. In the next 1-3 days, it is important to drink plenty of water – up to 4 – 6 pint, in order to free the body from the effects of radio wave exposure. For 7-14 days after the procedure, physical activity, visiting the solarium and baths are prohibited.
After RF lifting, the skin is more sensitive to sunlight, which can lead to age spots. You can avoid the problem if, within 2 weeks after the procedure, refuse tanning and long exposure to direct rays. Before going out, sunscreen with a high protection factor (SPF50) must be applied.
The effectiveness of radio wave lifting is confirmed by scientific studies and patient reviews. The procedure activates the metabolic processes in the skin, allowing you to look younger. The non-surgical technique will not smooth out deep wrinkles, but the task of refreshing the face, eliminating traces of fatigue and maintaining the firmness of the skin will be “excellent”.
RF lifting procedure video
How is the RF lifting procedure done and what is its result: